The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    At first I thought oh dear here we go again, but with that 2-2 you actually won one point on Celtic. Good job:D

:D it will be 52 for the Gers this season

So Chelsea play Celtic tomorrow..i bet they are terrified of.. Kenny Miller :D
  • Yeah right they couldn't even finish above Hearts last season
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
    Yeah right they couldn't even finish above Hearts last season

You judge the world record holders on 1 season?! hahah

51 > 40
  • You judge the world record holders on 1 season?! hahah

51 > 40

You'll win it, just not next season.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
    You'll win it, just not next season.

You don't think we'll win the league with Paul Le Guen?
    mon dieu! :)
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    HSV face the Spanish side Osasuna in a Champions League first leg qualifier at home on Wednesday (9.8.06, 8.30 pm). How will Dolly and Co. fare against the Spaniards?
    a)HSV will take a good lead with them to Spain
    b)Osasuna will grab a draw
    c)Osasuna will win in Hamburg
    I've seen them play most of the time with C. Ronaldo-van Nistelrooij-Rooney. And the way that C. Ronaldo and Rooney played wasn't on midfield. I don't know maybe I saw different matches than you did. Maybe you could call what I saw 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1, but Rooney didn't play as a midfielder in the matches I saw. Anyway the way I saw them play at the Amsterdam tournament against Ajax didn't suggest any major changes from what they've played last year.

you saw that matches????Damn i am jelous!!!!Did you took pics???
    Sure he has the skills to do well, but I believe he has a different role at HSV. He is more of a centre middfielder right? He didn't play that too often at Ajax. I hope for you he starts doing well, but I really think he went too soon. van der Vaart might be youg as well, but he is more experienced than de Jong is.

It seems not to be clear but for now i say yes .Really he didn´t?
    Thank you;) Too soon ,what do you mean by that?....okey!!!
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I'm not up on Liverpool's current roster for upcoming season but I will wait for Bobbie M. on FSC to give me the low down. I hope Cisse recovers from that nasty break pre -WC since he is an exciting player to watch.

What did anyone think about MLS Allstars B team beating Chelsea? I know the game was meaningless but I was shocked at how off Chelsea looked ... even during pre-season. I expected the Blues to win or tie at minimum. You have to admit that Dwayne De Rosario's goal was sweet and should be highly rated on goals of the week.I'm sure Jose is not too worried about his boys since he has proven can get the job done and they are loaded with talent.

I predict Bruce Arena will be able to make NY Red Bulls respectable too and make US Soccer regret letting him go. And I can't stand Eric Wynalda and I almost threw my beer through my tv on SAT having to listen to that fool do the Chelsea game. At least I'm increasing my spanish comprehension but switching to univison or telemundo.

Cheers

Kip

I thought that Cisse was playing elsewhere next season.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    It seems not to be clear but for now i say yes .Really he didn´t?
    Thank you;) Too soon ,what do you mean by that?....okey!!!

When I say "too soon", I mean that he still had a few things he could learn in Holland and that the Bunderliga might be just a little above his wight just yet. He will get there, I am sure about that.

That seems like a good line up. Nigel de Jong could play on right midfield, but Jarolim is good as well.
    That seems like a good line up. Nigel de Jong could play on right midfield, but Jarolim is good as well.

yeap maybr than as a sub ...we can win.
    you saw that matches????Damn i am jelous!!!!Did you took pics???

Yes I saw it. Jealous? Why? It was just a pre season tournament match. I wasn't there so no I didn't take pics. :D I just saw it on TV.
    yeap maybr than as a sub ...we can win.

You can win matches, but can you win the championship? I would say you lack a goal scorer for that.
    Yeah right they couldn't even finish above Hearts last season

So? They have ended above Hearts in other seasons.
    You can win matches, but can you win the championship? I would say you lack a goal scorer for that.

everything is possible but not sure first i wait tommorows match to answer this
    everything is possible but not sure first i wait tommorows match to answer this

I hope they'll make it. They have a good chance of getting into the C.L..
    Yes I saw it. Jealous? Why? It was just a pre season tournament match. I wasn't there so no I didn't take pics. :D I just saw it on TV.

it doesn´t matter ..it´s a match!!!well it wasn´t shown and by the way i wasn´t here
    it doesn´t matter ..it´s a match!!!well it wasn´t shown and by the way i wasn´t here

I was a nice match, not great though. Giggs had three freekicks, one on the bar, one on the post and one going in by hitting the bar.
    I was a nice match, not great though. Giggs had three freekicks, one on the bar, one on the post and one going in by hitting the bar.

so i didn´t miss really something?
    I hope they'll make it. They have a good chance of getting into the C.L..

Really that´s nice ;) but when we kick you guys out lol ...
    Really that´s nice ;) but when we kick you guys out lol ...

Hahahaha, I am not saying that PSV couldn't lose against HSV, however they could lose against Osesuna just the same. Still HSV nor Osesuna aren't teams that PSV has to fear. You think it will be easy winning from PSV? We will see, but don't be surprised if you play against PSV and end up with 0 points. PSV is a top 15/10 club apart from the three big clubs from England, Spain, Juve, Milan and Lyon PSV has to fear no team. Not even Liverpool, Inter, Bayern, Roma or Deportivo. PSV can lose against those teams, but could win just as easily.

So if you beat PSV good for you and it wouldn't make me happy obviously, but I wouldn't make the bet too high if I were you. There is a reason Farfan said no to HSV.:D
    So if you beat PSV good for you and it wouldn't make me happy obviously, but I wouldn't make the bet too high if I were you. There is a reason Farfan said no to HSV.:D[/quote]

well farfan didn´t think well:D and by the way Kompany say yes to us same as vdv before:p ....we will see first we have to make the step into the CL and than everthing is possible ...
  • ladygoddiva, as an HSV supporter, do you know anything of the rumors that R.Wicky is supposed to be signing for Barcelona???? Read it in a spanish newspaper this week....
    ladygoddiva, as an HSV supporter, do you know anything of the rumors that R.Wicky is supposed to be signing for Barcelona???? Read it in a spanish newspaper this week....

i haven´t hear that but can´t be possible bec. he is injured again and no doctor is able to clear that .It´s again his calf.And some say maybe it´s his last season for hamburg .So if he signs barca i say next season maybe...
    and by the way he played before for an spanish club Atletico Madrid but than he saw it didn´t went well so he went back to germany bremen than i think to Fc sion and than Fc Steg since 2002 he is with us aqnd he is still good etc. but well he´s damned injuries and the competition is very high now .so i think this season he will stay and play for us...:p
    oh just 3 and half hours than it´s all or nothing
    and i forgot to say Arsenal won yesterday with 3:0 so it´s a need that we win tonight!
    Valencia will meet salzburg today though match too
    that´s the way how we play tonight:

Hamburger SV: Kirschstein - Mahdavikia, Boulahrouz, Kompany, Demel - de Jong - Jarolim, Trochowski - van der Vaart - Guerrero, Sanogo

Osasuna can go home:p
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    that´s the way how we play tonight:

Hamburger SV: Kirschstein - Mahdavikia, Boulahrouz, Kompany, Demel - de Jong - Jarolim, Trochowski - van der Vaart - Guerrero, Sanogo

Osasuna can go home:p
    Sure? I thought Lauth is going to play and not Guerrero.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    Dercheef wrote:
    Sure? I thought Lauth is going to play and not Guerrero.

not sure but it seems so it stood at some net side here ...and can be true bec. Guerro can give Sanogo faster the ball than Lauth ...so i think Lauth will be sub bec. Sanogo won´t play 90 minutes (i think)....but can be diffrent bec. Doll don´t show his cards before the match ...so the real array we will just know it,when the match beginn...