The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    well farfan didn´t think well:D and by the way Kompany say yes to us same as vdv before:p ....we will see first we have to make the step into the CL and than everthing is possible ...

As did Mahdavikia, van Buyten and many others. That wasn't the point though. Farfan choose to stay in Eindhoven because he knows he will play Champions league and he knows he has a real chance on the league title. Going from Anderlecht to HSV is a step forward. Seeing the situation van der Vaart was in, it made complete sense that he went to HSV. The tougher league and leaving a club that had him running on a dead track made it a good choice. For Farfan? No!! He is comfortable at PSV, he is playing every week, he is still learning, he gets to play for the prizes, he gets to play champions league and PSV is a good jump board for the really big clubs. HSV isn't one of them. Not any more and not yet anyway.

Anyway good luck. I will hope they win for the Dutch players and the experience they will gain and finally I hope they make it because it would please you.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    well farfan didn´t think well:D and by the way Kompany say yes to us same as vdv before:p ....we will see first we have to make the step into the CL and than everthing is possible ...

well they did but than came to hamburg:p
    yes we will see
    and tonight is the first step

As did Mahdavikia, van Buyten and many others. That wasn't the point though. Farfan choose to stay in Eindhoven because he knows he will play Champions league and he knows he has a real chance on the league title. Going from Anderlecht to HSV is a step forward. Seeing the situation van der Vaart was in, it made complete sense that he went to HSV. The tougher league and leaving a club that had him running on a dead track made it a good choice. For Farfan? No!! He is comfortable at PSV, he is playing every week, he is still learning, he gets to play for the prizes, he gets to play champions league and PSV is a good jump board for the really big clubs. HSV isn't one of them. Not any more and not yet anyway.

Anyway good luck. I will hope they win for the Dutch players and the experience they will gain and finally I hope they make it because it would please you.[/quote]

well one reason why vdv was leaving was silvie ;) about what has happened to her while the ajax time ...the tougher league?:D...ok nevermind...
    i know that hsv ain´t one of the big clubs but this time we are one a very good way on it since doll is there ....
    we will and can go far i belive...
    well they did but than came to hamburg:p
    yes we will see
    and tonight is the first step.

Too bad that not even one of all those chances went in. Well there is always the second match. What was up with that jersey they wore? Did they change the original colors?
    ...the tougher league?:D...ok nevermind...

What don't you think the Bundersliga is a bigger league than the Dutch league? Or didn't you understand what I typed?
    well one reason why vdv was leaving was silvie ;) about what has happened to her while the ajax time
    i know that hsv ain´t one of the big clubs but this time we are one a very good way on it since doll is there ....
    we will and can go far i belive...

Yes that was one of the reasons for wanting to leave, a big one. Like I said his whole situation was reason for him to leave. He excepted to go to a club that wanted to grow instead of a club that was playing for the title, a club in a league that asks more of a player than the league he left. In other words he took a step back to progress two steps later on. I think it was a good choice and those two steps forward might well occur at HSV if they grow to their former status.
    Too bad that not even one of all those chances went in. Well there is always the second match. What was up with that jersey they wore? Did they change the original colors?

yes there is a second match but it will be the hell of spain ...i think really though and hard but we can win ....

What don't you think the Bundersliga is a bigger league than the Dutch league? Or didn't you understand what I typed?

yes i think so ;) sorry didn´t get it right before sorry:D

Yes that was one of the reasons for wanting to leave, a big one. Like I said his whole situation was reason for him to leave. He excepted to go to a club that wanted to grow instead of a club that was playing for the title, a club in a league that asks more of a player than the league he left. In other words he took a step back to progress two steps later on. I think it was a good choice and those two steps forward might well occur at HSV if they grow to their former status.

yes i think and i belive it was a good choice .
    He is our captain and i am proud;)
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    So? They have ended above Hearts in other seasons.

:D This is true

Considering we have 51 league titles..Hearts have 4
    John Terry is now the new captain of the english team.Thoughts on that??
    John Terry is now the new captain of the english team.Thoughts on that??

I think he is a good choice, it could have also been Gerrard.
    yes i think and i belive it was a good choice .
    He is our captain and i am proud;)

Is there any story behind the jersey they wore yesterday?
    I think he is a good choice, it could have also been Gerrard.

i think so too ...Gerrard i can´t say but the choice has been made ...and i think it´s a good one...
    Is there any story behind the jersey they wore yesterday?

i have to be onest i´ve no idear ...they wanted to change the jerseys but as i said i don´t know...
    but maybe it´s a dependence on the 70´s???
    Man Utd capture Kuszczak on loan
    Tomasz Kuszczak
    Kuszczak's immediate future has finally been settled
    Manchester United have signed Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak on a season-long loan from West Brom, with a view to a possible permanent move.

In exchange, the Baggies will get defender Paul McShane and goalkeeper Luke Steele on a permanent basis.

Kuszczak, 24, will act as understudy to United's first-choice goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, with youngster Ben Foster staying a second season at Watford.

Kuszczak can stake a claim to be United number one when Van der Sar retires.

The Dutchman is expected to call time on his own career after Euro 2008.

Kuszczak, who has won four caps for Poland, spent three years in Germany with Hertha Berlin before arriving at West Brom two years ago.

Sir Alex Ferguson's attempts to land the keeper had been frustrated throughout the summer, with an initial £2.5m bid rejected.

But with Kuszczak now at Old Trafford, Foster getting Premiership experience with Watford and Tim Howard on loan at Everton, United are hopeful they have enough strength in the goalkeeping department to maintain healthy competition for the next five years at least.

The transfer of Steele is unlikely to go down well with Coventry, who signed the youngster on loan from United.

But the player was recalled, then immediately sold to one of their local Coca-Cola Championship rivals.
    Beckham has not been selected for the English squad. He says he understands.

The Dutch squad will not have van Nistelrooij and van Bommel in it. Well if that was the problem on the world cup van Basten will have to do a whole lot better now. This dude is starting to get annoying.
    the named english squad:
    Ashley COLE Arsenal

Owen HARGREAVES Bayern Munich

Darren BENT Charlton Athletic

Luke YOUNG Charlton Athletic

Wayne BRIDGE Chelsea

Frank LAMPARD Chelsea

John TERRY Chelsea

Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS Chelsea

Phil NEVILLE Everton

Jamie CARRAGHER Liverpool

Peter CROUCH Liverpool

Steven GERRARD Liverpool

Chris KIRKLAND Liverpool (Wigan Athletic on loan)

Wes BROWN Manchester United

Rio FERDINAND Manchester United

Ben FOSTER Manchester United (Watford on loan)

Gary NEVILLE Manchester United

Kieran RICHARDSON Manchester United

Stewart DOWNING Middlesbrough

Jermain DEFOE Tottenham Hotspur

Michael DAWSON Tottenham Hotspur

Aaron LENNON Tottenham Hotspur

Jermaine JENAS Tottenham Hotspur

Paul ROBINSON Tottenham Hotspur

Dean ASHTON West Ham United

and by the way bayern munic won today:(

so HSv has to win tommorow (i know they will):D
    this is the way hsv gonna play maybe

Hamburger SV: Kirschstein - Mahdavikia, Reinhardt, Kompany, Demel - de Jong - Jarolim, Trochowski - van der Vaart - Guerrero, Sanogo

and the manager of the other team was a HSv player too ...he played together with doll:D
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    and by the way bayern munic won today:(
    I fucking love it! I have Makaay in my squad in the Bundesliga Manager Game I play with a few mates. He was brilliant today. I hope Guerrero plays well tomorrow because he is part of my squad,too.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    finally the English season is back!

can't wait for Sunday's game but havent been impressed with this season's performances so far..

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Dercheef wrote:
    I fucking love it! I have Makaay in my squad in the Bundesliga Manager Game I play with a few mates. He was brilliant today. I hope Guerrero plays well tomorrow because he is part of my squad,too.

not me;)...of course i hope that Guerrero plays well today!!
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    finally the English season is back!

can't wait for Sunday's game but havent been impressed with this season's performances so far..

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

come on red devils:D
  • i just got the new liverpool home shirt,its very nice indeed,vcery european and very seventies! i love it!!

come the reds for sunday against chelsea!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    i just got the new liverpool home shirt,its very nice indeed,vcery european and very seventies! i love it!!

come the reds for sunday against chelsea!!!
    got mine on Thursday with Crouch 15 printed on lol...must say it looks great but not as comfy as the reebok kits
    can't wait to get the Euro kit..reminds me of the 95 away kit which is one of me fave kits ever!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    got mine on Thursday with Crouch 15 printed on lol...must say it looks great but not as comfy as the reebok kits
    can't wait to get the Euro kit..reminds me of the 95 away kit which is one of me fave kits ever!

Agreed. I love that kit too - for some reason it always reminds me of Jamie Redknapp.

The only thing with the new Euro kit is that it needs the shorts for full effect.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Well I just got home from watching Barcelona beating NY Red Bulls 4-1, I had a really great time there, 80 thousand fucking people!!! at the stadium which proves to me that if there was a more competitive league here in the states people would support it, They need to bring younger players instead of veterans well past their primes like Djorkaeff(btw he scored the lonely Red Bull goal).
    But speaking of the game Ronaldinho was the star as usual scoring two goals and delighting the crowd showing off his amazing skills, every time he touched the ball, all the kids would start screaming like crazy. But imo the more impressive was Messi, he came on for the 2nd half and fucking destroyed Red Bull's defense every time he tried to, scored a goal and served one for Ronaldinho and another one for Saviola. Messi is only 19 so I could only imagine what this guy would be at 25... Thuram and Zambrotta made their debuts also.
    I know Red Bulls isn't the greatest oposition for Barca but honestly I can't see a team in Europe better than them right now.
    Well overall it was a great footbal night that be hard to forget, the only thing that sucked was sitting on the car for fucking 2 hours trying to cross from Manhattan to New Jersey, totally ridiculous that a city like New York doesn't have its own stadium, but well thats another story I guess....
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Agreed. I love that kit too - for some reason it always reminds me of Jamie Redknapp.

The only thing with the new Euro kit is that it needs the shorts for full effect.
    hmm maybe it reminds you of Redknapp cos he gave away that penalty at Old Trafford in that kit on Cantona's return haha!
    that kit too reminds me of the Spice boys and the great goals Fowler scored in that kit..me faves being those at Old Trafford on Cantona's return.
    I still wear that kit alot today...got McManaman 17 printed on it cos Fowler 23 was sold out then lol
    despite not winning anything major..that era of Liverpool was pretty memorable.

argh i cannot wait for today's game!!!
    am going for a 1-0 win to the Reds with Crouchie scoring the winner :D

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

YNWA
    it´s 1:1 now:D

oh and sh ...Bremen is leading...
    ubs i was wrong it´s 1:2 now....
    yeh CROUCH SCORED !!!
    am gonna wear my Crouch kit even more now to rub it in to the haters!!

fantastic team performance!
    noone had a poor game...was very shocked and pleased with the team.
    off i go now to watch the shield presentation...first and more silverware back to Anfield this season I hope :D

YNWA
    but the match aint over yet or???
    anyways HSv and Bremen share now the place 6 so i hope bremen don´t win so they don´t pass us ...by the way not a good start for hamburg:(
    but the match aint over yet or???
    over a long time ago...watching Mourinho give his excuses now *yawns..

time to update my forum signature too :)

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    over a long time ago...watching Mourinho give his excuses now *yawns..

time to update my forum signature too :)

:D:D .....
    hey Mourinho will say yes....blabla
    but tell me what he says about Ballack ...
    anyways seems Bremen is loosing!!!