The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• What a sweet goal from Cahill in the Birmingham derby.

That was indeed a hell of a goal.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    What a sweet goal from Cahill in the Birmingham derby.

What a sweet offside from Cisse ;)
    yeh it was a great goal.

i thought it was onside...ref should always favor the attacking players when it comes to offside decisions.
    thats why i felt Man City were robbed of an equaliser on Saturday with Vassell's "goal"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i thought it was onside...ref should always favor the attacking players when it comes to offside decisions.
    thats why i felt Man City were robbed of an equaliser on Saturday with Vassell's "goal"

Those are always tough calls since the defence is used to stop running when someone is clearly offside and Cisse was so close to the ball almost touching it. Hyypiä was interviewed and he said the rule is a bit vague at times and that he wouldn't be happy if a goal like that was allowed against them.

Looking at the replay it most likely went the right way but calling an offside wouldn't have been harsh either.
    Those are always tough calls since the defence is used to stop running when someone is clearly offside and Cisse was so close to the ball almost touching it. Hyypiä was interviewed and he said the rule is a bit vague at times and that he wouldn't be happy if a goal like that was allowed against them.

Looking at the replay it most likely went the right way but calling an offside wouldn't have been harsh either.
    well thats the new offside rule for you..its very complicating
    i say go back to the original rule to stop adding on to more confusion.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    evo wrote:
    O'Neill. he's the best one out of that lot.

Of course you say that;)
    today:

Tottenham Manchester United
    Sunderland Newcastle
    Middlesbrough West Ham
    Chelsea Everton
    Charlton Athletic Portsmouth
    West Bromwich Bolton
    Wigan Athletic Aston Villa
    Birmingham City Blackburn
    Manchester City Arsenal

and we will win today
    after the ashame match vs sunderland we have to win:D

go red devils;)
    will be watching the Sperms Manure game..looks like that game will have a couple of goals and hopefully Sperms win though i hate both clubs equally but if it helps Liverpool..why not :D

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    will be watching the Sperms Manure game..looks like that game will have a couple of goals and hopefully Sperms win though i hate both clubs equally but if it helps Liverpool..why not :D

hope it will not help liverpool....

what do you thinl ....who will win between thoose:
    boro or west ham?
    hope it will not help liverpool....

what do you thinl ....who will win between thoose:
    boro or west ham?
    i predict a 1-1
    Liverpool's next EPL game will be at Upton Park ;)

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i predict a 1-1
    Liverpool's next EPL game will be at Upton Park ;)

ok....yes i know that but we both know who will win ....but who knows maybe the hammers can hammer you ;) i think somebody will try everthing;)
    Tottenham (from): Robinson, Stalteri, Gardner, Davenport, Lee, Lennon, Carrick, Murphy, Jenas, Defoe, Mido, Keane, Davids, Cerny, Barnard, Dawson.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, Pique, Silvestre, Evra, Heinze, Ronaldo, Giggs, O'Shea, Fortune, Park, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, Saha.

.......................................................................................................

Middlesbrough (from): Jones Parnaby, Ehiogu, Bates, Davies, Southgate, Taylor, Queudrue, Rochemback, Doriva, Kennedy, Johnson, Morrison, Downing, Hasselbaink, Viduka, Yakubu, Cattermole, Christie, Morrison, Wheater, Knight.

West Ham (from): Hislop, Scaloni, Gabbidon, Collins, Konchesky, Benayoun, Reo-Coker, Mullins, Etherington, Ashton, Harewood, Walker, Scaloni, Fletcher, Sheringham, Zamora, Katan, Clarke, Ward, Newton.

And it doesn´t look good for Anton´s injury he is out this match and won´t join the semi-final in the FA cup
    we are in a good voice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so go red devils go!!!!
    Roooooooooooooney
    tottenham 0
    manu 1
    :D
    this comment makes me laugh :

ronaldo looks for o´shea but couldn´t find him ubs ...
    manu defence act kinda poor come guys get better!!!
    ubs he did it again:D

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

tottenham 0
    manu 2
    :D:p
    we pass the ball around.....brillant :D
    well the first 45 minutes are over...i don´t know what fergi did but must be good

tottenham 0
    manchester united 2
    goals 2 by Rooney
    tottenham made it short 1:2

ubs ...
    we have to win this ...
    Tottenham has a better half now :(:(

but still 1:2 for us:)
    heyya we won :p
    so know the other matches
    hope that everton maybe beats chelsea ...oh i am dreaming;)

and on the 29th we have the clash vs chelsea ....
    Sperm's only goal of the game proved yet again that Rio is a blunderish fool :D

YNWA
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Chelsea 3-0 Everton

"Lampard struck his 20th goal of the season to set Chelsea on their way
    Chelsea moved to within one point of the Premiership title with a masterful victory over 10-man Everton.
    Frank Lampard coolly slotted in the first on 28 minutes after excellent work from Didier Drogba."
    i actually enjoyed that 3-0 victory :D
    this weekend we will show them how to beat Chelski ;)

YNWA
    Former West Ham and Ipswich manager John Lyall has died suddenly aged 66.

Lyall, who passed away of a heart attack on Tuesday night, spent 33 years at Upton Park and succeeded Ron Greenwood as manager in 1974.

Lyall was the last Hammers manager to win a major trophy - his side lifting the FA Cup in 1980.

After serving West Ham as office boy, player, coach and manager he left the club in season 1988/89.

Lyall then took charge of Ipswich in 1990 and in May 1992 he guided Ipswich into the inaugural Premiership by winning the Second Division title.

After his dismissal from the Portman Road job in December 1994, Lyall did not return to football management.

Billy Bonds and Tony Gale led the tributes with the former West Ham duo hailing Lyall as a 'brilliant person and a brilliant coach'.

"He was a brilliant person and having just lost Ron Greenwood as well it has come as a double blow," Bonds, manager at Upton Park from 1990-94, told Sky Sports News.

"A brilliant coach and a totally honest man - you could trust anything he said and I'm just stunned.

"He was one of the greatest coaches of any era and respected by everybody."

Gale added: "I, like Bill, can't believe it. You couldn't believe the esteem with which he was held at West Ham United.

"A man of moral and principles and, with the game like it is today, we needed someone like that in charge of England at the top in The FA because this man was honesty personified.

"It's devastating news because his family are wonderful."

YNWA
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    just read that napoli went to the italy 2nd division with an attendance of
    31.559 people per game, the sixth if you count all the teams in italy. (only behind milan, inter, roma, lazio e fiorentina).

pretty impressive!!
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    brhf9 wrote:
    just read that napoli went to the italy 2nd division with an attendance of
    31.559 people per game, the sixth if you count all the teams in italy. (only behind milan, inter, roma, lazio e fiorentina).

pretty impressive!!
    i think Juve's attendances especially for the CL are really woeful for such a massive club.
    thats pretty impressive for a Serie B team

YNWA
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Juve's attendances especially for the CL are really woeful for such a massive club.
    thats pretty impressive for a Serie B team

Juve is bigger outside of Torino than within the city. AS Torino is the really thing for the citicens
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Juve is bigger outside of Torino than within the city. AS Torino is the really thing for the citicens
    true
    still i expect better attendances for a team who are champs

YNWA
  • powertoolpowertool Posts: 22
    Bayern Munich and Liverpool are after 17 yeard old argentinian kid Sergio Aguero from Independiente.....
    MTV News (you heard it first)
    speaking as a child of the 90's