The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    powertool wrote:
    Bayern Munich and Liverpool are after 17 yeard old argentinian kid Sergio Aguero from Independiente.....
    MTV News (you heard it first)
    not really heard it first..i posted this a month ago lol..
    he prefers Liverpool cos he's a fan :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    not really heard it first..i posted this a month ago lol..
    he prefers Liverpool cos he's a fan :D

Lucky you.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Lucky you.
    i know..the future looks so bright at Liverpool.
    Mark Gonzalez has been phenomenal at Sociedad as well..he scored a great goal on the weekend.
    but at the same time..expectation is gonna be so high..Rafa must deliver the title next season.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i know..the future looks so bright at Liverpool.
    Mark Gonzalez has been phenomenal at Sociedad as well..he scored a great goal on the weekend.
    but at the same time..expectation is gonna be so high..Rafa must deliver the title next season.

That is not easy. I don't think you have the strikers to compeet with Chelsea. Not all the way at least. And the defence is that good enough?

Hey I just read Liverpool wants Raul. What do you make of that?
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    That is not easy. I don't think you have the strikers to compeet with Chelsea. Not all the way at least. And the defence is that good enough?

Hey I just read Liverpool wants Raul. What do you make of that?
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    we have depth in every department cept forwards and right midfield so that needs to be taken care of in the summer if we want the title.
    defence is good..very good..this season everyone was consistent in defence and midfield.

Raul said its just a rumor and i hope so too...dont want him lol.
    i can think of many better strikers that we are capable of signing.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    we have depth in every department cept forwards and right midfield so that needs to be taken care of in the summer if we want the title.
    defence is good..very good..this season everyone was consistent in defence and midfield.

Raul said its just a rumor and i hope so too...dont want him lol.
    i can think of many better strikers that we are capable of signing.

Such as?
    Such as?

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Kuyt,Defoe,RVN(who knows he might join if the price is right?),Dean Ashton,Owen(i admit he is better than Raul but i dont wanna see him join too)

I think most of them are good strikes. But I think Liverpool needs a real star someone to carry the team along side of Gerrard. From the names you mentioned only Van Nistelrooy fits the provile.
  • powertoolpowertool Posts: 22
    I still like 20 yearl old Owen better than Rooney, that goal against Argentina in France 98' was out of this world, only second to Maradona's in the 86' WC.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    powertool wrote:
    I still like 20 yearl old Owen better than Rooney, that goal against Argentina in France 98' was out of this world, only second to Maradona's in the 86' WC.

Yes but he's not 20 years old any more. He didn't reach that level for a long time. Owen is not what Liverpool needs.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I just read Real want to buy Gerrard and Adriano!
    I think most of them are good strikes. But I think Liverpool needs a real star someone to carry the team along side of Gerrard. From the names you mentioned only Van Nistelrooy fits the provile.
    i know what you mean
    Liverpool need an accomplished forward who knows where the net is.
    they need to buy 1 experienced and 1 youngster.
    i think next season..Alonso,Carragher and Gonzalez might outshine Gerrard.
    at times i feel Gerrard is overrated....and well Real want everyone lol.
    Juve want Gerrard too..but i dont think he will move for another 2-3 seasons depending on how well Liverpool do in the upcoming seasons.

Owen isnt fantastic anymore either..but good enough for top level EPL games..just inconsistent.

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    I just read Real want to buy Gerrard and Adriano!

I just read that the have no money. I think we read it in the same place Klumpie. I haven't seen you around ever since the championship. Were you drunk with a hang over?
    Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly monitoring the contractual situation of Ludovic Giuly at Barcelona.

The Frenchman scored the crucial goal in the 1-0 victory in the UEFA Champions League semi-final in Milan this week but has not been a regular starter under Frank Rijkaard.

Although keen to remain in Catalunya, the 29-year-old has been unable to agree a two-year extension to his contract, with Barca believed to only be prepared to offer another year to his present deal, which expires in 2007.

French daily L'Equipe claims Benitez is a great admirer of Giuly's talents and will await any developments regarding the contract negotiations.

Lyon, Monaco, Galatasaray, Internazionale and Rangers are also said to be ready to enter any chase for his signature, if they are given the green light in the summer.

The former Monaco star has not given up hope of representing France at the World Cup finals this summer as he strives for Champions League glory with Barca after making such an impact against Milan.

Liverpool will certainly be in the market for new blood during the close season and Benitez will be busy drawing up his transfer plans.
    now this is great news!
    we should be trying to sign players of such high quality..though he hasn't been doing as well as he did with Monaco
    plus Rafa has spoken out aboot Stevie's future
    Rafael Benitez today reacted to speculation that Real Madrid are keen to sign Steven Gerrard and declared: "He's not for sale."
    Madrid football director Benito Floro yesterday admitted he wanted to secure the services of the Liverpool midfielder in time for Madrid's assault on next season's La Liga title.

Gerrard signed a new Anfield deal during the summer after deciding to commit his future to the European champions, but that hasn't dissuaded Madrid from airing their interest in the player.

However, Benitez isn't at all concerned by the speculation and is adamant his skipper will be a Liverpool player next season.

He said: "The situation is very clear. Steven Gerrard is not for sale."

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I just read that the have no money. I think we read it in the same place Klumpie. I haven't seen you around ever since the championship. Were you drunk with a hang over?

School, school and fucking school.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Boro last yesterday 1:0 but i think they will go through the final bec. they still have the homematch so i think there they will kick bukarest out ...they can do that....and i think they will kick west ham out in the FA cup ...(but i mmight be wrong-just with west ham but not with bukarest )

and schalke of course will be off ...they played so embarassing ....

and vdv still have a problem with his ankle ...it doesn´t look good at all...

and good news for HSV youth ...2 of them are nominated for a club campaign for the WC vs an nedderland foothballclub (on the 25th)
    i think Boro will make the UEFA cup final..but not the FA Cup
    have a soft spot for Alan Pardew so i hope he makes it to the final..and hopefully with Liverpool.
    one more day to the big semi final..i cannot wait!
    COME ON YOU REDS!
    YNWA

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Boro will make the UEFA cup final..but not the FA Cup
    have a soft spot for Alan Pardew so i hope he makes it to the final..and hopefully with Liverpool.
    one more day to the big semi final..i cannot wait!
    COME ON YOU REDS!
    YNWA

sure they will make it ;)

and about FA cup

well i like padrew´s work and of course McClaren´s work too (i know where he learned:p)
    so i think it will be a hard tough game
    may the best win;)

no comment about chelsea and liverpool (i hope non of them win the FA cup:D)

my favore to win the fa cup is now the one who win the clash between boro and wet ham:p
    ubs i just read that former hammers boss John Lyall did ...i don´t know when or something .............Sir Trevor Brooking an west ham legend called him a great" and "genuine" man.

so we will see some west ham fans a bit sad in the semi finals ...
    well i just take this ok:

John Lyall
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

John Lyall (24 February 1940 - 18 April 2006) was an English footballer and manager.

Lyall was a useful defender for West Ham Utd. until an injury enforced his retirement at the age of 24. He rose through the coaching ranks at Upton Park to succeed Ron Greenwood as team manager, managing West Ham for 15 years (1974-1989). In 1975, at the end of his first season as manager, West Ham won the FA Cup but they slipped down to the Second Division in 1978 and did not return to the First Division until 1981.

During their exile from the top flight, (in 1980), West Ham beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final, the last lower league side to do so. Lyall also took West Ham to their highest ever league finish in the 1985-1986 First Division campaign when they finished third behind champions Liverpool and runners-up Everton. Unfortunately they were unable to compete in the UEFA Cup because of the ban on English teams from European competition arising from the previous year's Heysel Disaster.

John Lyall was sacked in June 1989 after West Ham United were again relegated to the Second Division, but he made his return to football management the following summer with Ipswich Town.

At the end of 1991-1992, John Lyall guided Ipswich Town to the Second Division championship and promotion to the first-ever Premier League. In January 1993, Ipswich were fourth in the Premiership and fans were hoping for at least a UEFA Cup place, maybe even the Premiership title. But a dip in form during the final weeks of the season saw Ipswich finish 16th and 1993-94 brought a similar pattern, a good start following by a slump - Ipswich finished 19th in the final table and were only saved from relegation by Sheffield United's last gasp 3-2 defeat at Chelsea.

John Lyall lost the job as Ipswich Town manager in December 1994, with the club bottom of the Premiership, and never returned to football management.

Lyall died suddenly on 18 April 2006 after suffering from a heart attack. He was 66.

66 is not that old...and i heard some interwievs he was real fit etc...
    ubs i just read that former hammers boss John Lyall did ...i don´t know when or something .............Sir Trevor Brooking an west ham legend called him a great" and "genuine" man.

so we will see some west ham fans a bit sad in the semi finals ...
    yeh i posted it already..he passed away on Wednesday

he was a good manager with West Ham..but i remember he was crap with Ipswich..but still..RIP

YNWA
  • I hope boro knock west ham out, don't want west ham resting players against the yids
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i posted it already..he passed away on Wednesday

he was a good manager with West Ham..but i remember he was crap with Ipswich..but still..RIP

ok .....but he was a good manager and player with west ham
    ok .....but he was a good manager and player with west ham
    come on..you only knew aboot him today and you think he's a good manager cos some West Ham guys said so?

not saying he was bad..but he din do a great job at Ipswich based on me memory.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    come on..you only knew aboot him today and you think he's a good manager cos some West Ham guys said so?

not saying he was bad..but he din do a great job at Ipswich based on me memory.

why should they lie ...i didn´t read wrong stuff sbout him that´s all ....i belive he did a bad job at apswich bec. he finished there with foothball ....
    I hope boro knock west ham out, don't want west ham resting players against the yids
    by yids..i assume you mean them Sperms...
    well they might not even have to beat West Ham to qualify for CL ;)
    i prefer ARSE-anal to finish 4th..but then again would be fun to see Sperms make a fool of themselves in the CL just like Everton.

YNWA
    well and by the way i have no right to say something bad about him ...anyways hid death and i don´t know him so well .....ok...
    well and by the way i have no right to say something bad about him ...anyways hid death and i don´t know him so well .....ok...
    yeh..even good things..its hard to say goods things aboot someone you never knew existed.
    dont get me wrong..i wasnt saying bad things to be an ass..he was a good man but his managerial career ended badly.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..even good things..its hard to say goods things aboot someone you never knew existed.
    dont get me wrong..i wasnt saying bad things to be an ass..he was a good man but his managerial career ended badly.

i know that his manager carrer ended up badley anywas...

something other is that true that Alan Shearer's career is over bec. of his injurys???
    something other is that true that Alan Shearer's career is over bec. of his injurys???
    not career..but he might miss Newcastle's last game and his testimonial match.
    pity to bow out that way for a legend.

YNWA