~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,868
    OH....MY.....GOD!!! While Gracie is recuperating, I was just watching the ER Vet Intern show on Animal Planet. There was a Great Dane puppy who got into rat poison. He went from bad to worse. They were doing CPR and even using the paddles. He didn't make it :(

The big, strong owner was bawling; I was bawling; it was freaking awful!!! Man, these four-legged things can take a hold of your heart.

I sure hope Charley is OK. I'm not sure about Gracie, but she should be fine. She finally got to eat again, after 36 hours. Our vet gave her some bland (but expensive) food. No barf, but also no poop to check yet :o.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    OH....MY.....GOD!!! While Gracie is recuperating, I was just watching the ER Vet Intern show on Animal Planet. There was a Great Dane puppy who got into rat poison. He went from bad to worse. They were doing CPR and even using the paddles. He didn't make it :(

The big, strong owner was bawling; I was bawling; it was freaking awful!!! Man, these four-legged things can take a hold of your heart.

I sure hope Charley is OK. I'm not sure about Gracie, but she should be fine. She finally got to eat again, after 36 hours. Our vet gave her some bland (but expensive) food. No barf, but also no poop to check yet :o.

that is good to hear about gracie grace! :)

its true. Doggies get your heart like nothing else. I just hadd a moment about 5 minutes ago with someone and they told me how they hadd to give up their doggie and i just started crying. :( Im not emotional about stuff but when it comes to this, my eyes become little puddles. I want a doggie SO badd. I just know I cant get one yet. Thank goodness for Gracie pics!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    Ill put some up Senrock.

Looking at the pictures... Stone and Eddie are beautiful dogs. Daisy looks like a sweetheart too.
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I just spent the past week with my in-laws, who have a puppy named Cooper, and they also have his Uncle, Winston..

here are some cute shots on the beach:

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2785461188/

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2785479606/

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2785484022/

and Winston:

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2784631769/
    I just spent the past week with my in-laws, who have a puppy named Cooper, and they also have his Uncle, Winston..

here are some cute shots on the beach:

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2785461188/

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2785479606/

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2785484022/

and Winston:

http://flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2784631769/

:D AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those pics DEFFFFFFFINITELY MADE MY DAY!!!!!!! AWWWW!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU Gray!!!!!!!!

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Ok double oops thats
    Our Jakey our wolf style dog whose eyes where black and beautiful.
    and Charlie (yellow lab with 6 inch legs!)
    and Maddie Lew-- Who ( it a yoodle)
    and some way too late nite partying on the glider!
    We did it I think! did all those post?
    I did need the menfolk!
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    imalive wrote:

Took Charley to the vet today - and he spent all day there. They did x-rays, blood work, the whole nine yards....Total bill $600....getting Charley to stop puking - priceless...

Anyway, he has brochitis and has been shot full of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. No food until tomorrow AM. Pepto Bismal in case he starts puking again. Blood test results tomorrow should be in for heart worm, or cryptococcus...Can't rule out kennel cough either. But at least now we have his coughing under control. He's moaning and snoozing off and on. Hasn't coughed since we got him home (nor puked!)...poor guy...

Because Remy has been exposed to him and his possible kennel cough (only if everything else has been ruled out) in addition to the bronchitis - there will be no SPCA Paws for a Cause for them this year. I'll try to borrow a friend's dog. Or, I'll drop off all the $$ for my local walk...and then take the mutts to the larger one in Victoria one on September 14th...

Arrgghh...Still, I love my puppies and will do whatever I can to keep them well and make them better when they are ill...

Thanks for your support...
    be philanthropic

Took Charley to the vet today - and he spent all day there. They did x-rays, blood work, the whole nine yards....Total bill $600....getting Charley to stop puking - priceless...

Anyway, he has brochitis and has been shot full of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. No food until tomorrow AM. Pepto Bismal in case he starts puking again. Blood test results tomorrow should be in for heart worm, or cryptococcus...Can't rule out kennel cough either. But at least now we have his coughing under control. He's moaning and snoozing off and on. Hasn't coughed since we got him home (nor puked!)...poor guy...

Because Remy has been exposed to him and his possible kennel cough (only if everything else has been ruled out) in addition to the bronchitis - there will be no SPCA Paws for a Cause for them this year. I'll try to borrow a friend's dog. Or, I'll drop off all the $$ for my local walk...and then take the mutts to the larger one in Victoria one on September 14th...

Arrgghh...Still, I love my puppies and will do whatever I can to keep them well and make them better when they are ill...

well that is good news!!!!! :D
    And i agree, you do whatever you can to keep them well and make them better. :)

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Nicky my 10 year old toy poodle is sitting beside me eating his Dentabone. It's cold today so he has his purple polarfleece coat on. He looks so cute.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    Nicky my 10 year old toy poodle is sitting beside me eating his Dentabone. It's cold today so he has his purple polarfleece coat on. He looks so cute.

pictures please!!!!!!

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    SENROCK! wrote:
    pictures please!!!!!!

Photo taken 10 minutes ago. Don't laugh. He's going to the groomers on Tuesday.

Nicky22-8-08.jpg
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I know everyone cares....

But I changed my name in the Doggie Album

It reads Phantompain_01 so everyone will know who's pix the are !!!

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    pandora wrote:
    Ok double oops thats
    Our Jakey our wolf style dog whose eyes where black and beautiful.
    and Charlie (yellow lab with 6 inch legs!)
    and Maddie Lew-- Who ( it a yoodle)
    and some way too late nite partying on the glider!
    We did it I think! did all those post?
    I did need the menfolk!

I knew you could do it!! I loved the three of them on the couch. Can't let my dog see that :eek:.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I just spent the past week with my in-laws, who have a puppy named Cooper,

Looks like someone I know :p

Guess we got off cheap for Gracie's $330 bout of the runs!! It truly had me scared and since they can't talk (duh :p) you just do what you gotta do.
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Those pics DEFFFFFFFINITELY MADE MY DAY!!!!!!! AWWWW!!!!!!!

It's a new day! :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1875.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm so glad Gracie and Charley are better- whatever the cost for sure. My granbaby- Faith- Boxer pit mix swallowed a fishing hook worm and all when she was just a year while fishing with the kids by the lake. It was $2500 at the emergency vet on a Sat nite but she was ok-Dogs are family and like you said priceless. I love this thread and all the pics
    Thanks!
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Ill put some up Senrock.

Looking at the pictures... Stone and Eddie are beautiful dogs. Daisy looks like a sweetheart too.

Thanks we love our Daisy - we have only had her about a month, but she has won our hearts big time! Poor baby had a rough life before she came to us and is covered in scars :(
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    BEAUTIFUL PICS!!!!!! The sleeping doggies pic is my fave!!!! :D

Indeed!! We love sleeping doggie pictures the best!! :D
    I know everyone cares....

Well *I* care!!!! :D I think i added a name to Norm in the pics cuz i was naming all the doggies for my niece and noticed Normies name wasnt up there!!!

• I know everyone cares....

Whatever, you did it so that Bailey could be first on the page!! :D
    imalive wrote:
    my heart is so content with that picture. DAMN!!!!!

seren327 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was freakin FUNNY!!!!!!! :D
    that is COMPLETELY something I would say!!!!!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was freakin FUNNY!!!!!!! :D
    that is COMPLETELY something I would say!!!!!

Hehe going by your posts on this forum, I'm pretty sure we think alike on a lot of things :)

I love the sleeping Gracie picture also, she is such a cutie!
    seren327 wrote:
    Hehe going by your posts on this forum, I'm pretty sure we think alike on a lot of things :)

I love the sleeping Gracie picture also, she is such a cutie!

hahaha do we think alike? :D

and oh my GOD i LOVE sleeping doggie pics! Theres just something about the way they look so peaceful. Whenever i get sadd in thinking of Surf, I just picture him sleeping all snuggly. :) And there is just SOMETHING about Gracie. I cant exxxplain it. I love ALL of the doggies in here but theres something about Gracie that gets me.

p.s i am almost reddie to send your tattoo!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    hahaha do we think alike? :D

and oh my GOD i LOVE sleeping doggie pics! Theres just something about the way they look so peaceful. Whenever i get sadd in thinking of Surf, I just picture him sleeping all snuggly. :) And there is just SOMETHING about Gracie. I cant exxxplain it. I love ALL of the doggies in here but theres something about Gracie that gets me.

p.s i am almost reddie to send your tattoo!

OMG!!! I was talking to my friend at work today about my tattoo and how excited I am to see it :)

I agree about Gracie she is just so beautiful.
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Well *I* care!!!! :D I think i added a name to Norm in the pics cuz i was naming all the doggies for my niece and noticed Normies name wasnt up there!!!

I'm glad someone cares !!!

I put a new one up today Bailey and his buddy Comet

They both came from the same breeder
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    seren327 wrote:

I noticed that after I did it..LoL

I guess until someone adds a new doggie Bailey will be first