Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I thought of you when I saw this little guy:
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11734792

:( I cant believe theres another doggie named surfer. :( My prince was thee ORIGINAL dammit. But awwwwwwww its a BEAGLE!!!!!!! I want him now. :(
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    imalive wrote:

awwww!!! shes GROWING!!!!! Thank you for this cuz that beagle named surfer made me kinda sadd.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

I got an e-mail from my Dad he and his wife belong to a Rescue Group for English Setters....well someone in the group has a friend who is taking on a new career and moving and cannot take their 18 month old Golden Retriever !

I e-mailed right away about the dog and have been going back and forth with the woman from the rescue. Chloe is the dogs name she is spayed and hips x-rayed..everything has checked out. Now I'm hearing that there are other couples looking to adopt her :(

The owner is in Maryland and is worried about how I would get the dog and everything..Im drving from New Jersey

I sent pics of Bailey and told her all about us and how Bailey would love a playmate :D

I'm supposed to call the lady today from the rescue..I'll keep ya posted !

yay!!!!! Bailey would be sooo happy!!! :D Do we have an update yet?????

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:

Does she play with the ball ?

I throw it to Bailey in the backyard and after the 2nd time he just watches it go by

:o
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yay!!!!! Bailey would be sooo happy!!! :D Do we have an update yet?????

I called the lady about an hour ago and left a message !

She hasn't called back yet

The rescue seems a bit frustrated by the owner...she asked for a favor to find a nice home for the dog and she did (me) and now the owner is back pedaling

I even told her we were approved by a Golden rescue already..the whole home inspection and everything...we had that done a few months ago

We'll see !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,868
    Does she play with the ball ?

:o

Oh, yeah! Tennis ball = perfect dog toy (for most dogs!) :D

On a sad note, there's a Boxer puppy next door. I've never seen or heard it before today. He/she has been left alone and has been howling all morning. I'm a little worried because they have a pool and I just know the little guy/girl hasn't been pool trained. :mad:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I called the lady about an hour ago and left a message !

She hasn't called back yet

The rescue seems a bit frustrated by the owner...she asked for a favor to find a nice home for the dog and she did (me) and now the owner is back pedaling

I even told her we were approved by a Golden rescue already..the whole home inspection and everything...we had that done a few months ago

We'll see !!!

lets THINK POSITIVE!!!!!!

imalive wrote:
    Oh, yeah! Tennis ball = perfect dog toy (for most dogs!) :D

On a sad note, there's a Boxer puppy next door. I've never seen or heard it before today. He/she has been left alone and has been howling all morning. I'm a little worried because they have a pool and I just know the little guy/girl hasn't been pool trained. :mad:

A BOXXXER PUPPY???????? AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
    maybe you should puppy sit!!! :D

SENROCK! wrote:
    maybe you should puppy sit!!! :D

I thought I already was!!!!! :D

I'm hoping the boxer puppy is maybe a one day favor my neighbor is doing for someone.....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :( I cant believe theres another doggie named surfer. :( My prince was thee ORIGINAL dammit. But awwwwwwww its a BEAGLE!!!!!!! I want him now. :(
    Oh fuck...I am sorry. I didn't mean it that way.
    Come get him. :)
    I am so in love with my Larry. I ran around the yard with him and showed him to my neighbors. Now I am letting him sniff out the house. He hasn't even gone upstairs yet.
    He is such a lovebug.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am so in love with my Larry. I ran around the yard with him and showed him to my neighbors. Now I am letting him sniff out the house. He hasn't even gone upstairs yet.
    He is such a lovebug.

this makes me happy :):)
    ya know the adage that a dog and it's owner tend to look alike...well i know that ain't gonna happen with me and norm :o

however the other night i'm having a dream (no idea about what) and in the dream there's this little white dog asleep and SNORING...in the dream i become very annoyed with this so much so i wake up....only to hear norm snoring at full volume....i takes a lot to wake me up yet my 40 pound dog's snoring did :eek: :D:D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/DSC02922.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/DSC02923.jpg
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    SENROCK! wrote:

Maybe he's an internet surfer, not an acutal SURFER surfer?

Remy has started to cough now...so, yeah...kennel cough. Although it's not funny, when we got home today from work, we laughed so hard because the dogs were trying to yelp and be excited, but instead they were jumping around and "cough...cough...cough"!! And Remy coughs like a person, which makes it even funnier...I mean, it's not supposed to be funny, but damn!
    be philanthropic
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Whizbang wrote:
    Glad to hear it with Charlie!!!!

My oldest developed a wart on the underside of her foot about two months ago. It had the same texture of a toe pad and protruded between the large base pad and her left two toes of her left front foot. It was small, about the size of the tip of my pinky finger. She otherwise left it alone, didn't appear to hurt her or affect her so I let it be. About two weeks ago, she started to limp, noticably. Took another look at it, close to doubled in size which earned her a trip to the vet.

They drew a little fluid from it, not enough to make a determination so she went for surgery yesterday to have it removed. It wasn't nearly as messy as they thought it would be (good since any growth that is malignant usually destroys surrounding tissue because it has imbedded itself so much) and because of that, they left it up to me if I still wanted it to go to pathology (yes, definitely. I don't want to find out in a year she's riddled with some cancer that started from this wart). She's home, happy dog. Her foot is a little sore, the bandage came off tonight. But she's doing well.....

my vet called with results - nothing cancerous. It was basically a skin tag that developed from a blocked hair folicle (an f'ing in-grown hair on her foot!).

No new photos as yet! I'll get more at the beach in the fall.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    TrixieCat wrote:
    He is such a lovebug.

yay larry has arrived!!!!! :D I'll exxxpect lots of pics from now on!
    And i know you didnt mean it wrong about the beagle, dont worry. I did not take it wrong, it just felt weird seeing someone else named their doggie like mine!!! :)

cutback wrote:
    ya know the adage that a dog and it's owner tend to look alike...well i know that ain't gonna happen with me and norm :o

however the other night i'm having a dream (no idea about what) and in the dream there's this little white dog asleep and SNORING...in the dream i become very annoyed with this so much so i wake up....only to hear norm snoring at full volume....i takes a lot to wake me up yet my 40 pound dog's snoring did :eek: :D:D

I swear to high heaven that first picture made me weak with puppy love and im almost positive a tear fell!!!! i LOVE IT!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! Normie is soooo cuddly yet a badda$$!!!!!

Whizbang wrote:
    my vet called with results - nothing cancerous. It was basically a skin tag that developed from a blocked hair folicle (an f'ing in-grown hair on her foot!).

that is GREAT to hear!!!! We've hadd some good news in this thread lately!!! :)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    GREAT picture; BAD lawn!!! :eek: :D

hey i ain't gonna waste water....it comes back in the winter :)
    cutback wrote:
    hey i ain't gonna waste water....it comes back in the winter :)
    I thought maybe it was just one of your "vacation homes" that you don't get to very often. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Whizbang wrote:

Such good news! My Shepherd mix, Karma had a lump on her back last year that really freaked me out. It started small and then got bigger - it was at least marble sized. It turned out to be the same thing - an ingrown hair that had become infected. He removed it, and we had to not only clean the area every day, but we had to squeeze any of the excess gross stuff out until it was all healed. The things we do for our babies!! She was such a trooper through the whole thing and just let us do what we needed without fighting us.
  • 1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30

• Awwww such a cutie - great pics!! New pics always make me smile :D
    seren327 wrote:
    Such good news! My Shepherd mix, Karma had a lump on her back last year that really freaked me out. It started small and then got bigger - it was at least marble sized. It turned out to be the same thing - an ingrown hair that had become infected. He removed it, and we had to not only clean the area every day, but we had to squeeze any of the excess gross stuff out until it was all healed. The things we do for our babies!! She was such a trooper through the whole thing and just let us do what we needed without fighting us.

GOOD NEWS AGAIN!!!! Thats awesome. NOT awesome about squeezing stuff out though! :D

you guys are going to kill me with all these BEAUTIFUL doggie pics!!!! Damn she is perfect! And thanks for the photo bump! :D

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    cutback wrote:

That first pic is so hysterical.
    Animals are so funny when they curl up in holes.
    Larry doesn't snore.
    Thank goodness.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    Gracie was really tearing up her buddy, Ike Larue (he's in kids' book). Check out her back legs in this one:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1899.jpg

And, in this one, it's kinda hard to tell which leg is which. :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1901.jpg

P.S. The reason my pictures are always either inside or by the pool is because she still doesn't have all her shots and the vet still has her on quarrantine :(. Believe me, I'm ready to wear her little ass out on walks!!!! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    i love this thread.

i love dogs.

thanks for the pic rob....it's fun watching gracie grow :)
    cutback wrote:
    i love this thread.

Agreed! Best thread in the Pit. I spent some time on the Moving Train yesterday and it depressed the hell out of me!!! :p
    cutback wrote:
    thanks for the pic rob....it's fun watching gracie grow :)

Sometimes, it's almost more fun than I can stand :D. How much longer 'til maturity??? :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16