~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Lizard wrote:
    Cute!!! My Dog growing up was named Jude!!! he was a black lab....
    thanks!
    shes a girl and im sure will get mistaken for a boy a lot with a name like Jude but I just love the Beatles, the song, the name and her too much now. shes a jude in my book.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    seren327 wrote:
    Awww soo cute!! Sleeping dogs are just so wonderful to look at :)

Sen you can come and have a slumber party at my house anytime you are in TN!! :) My teenage daughter had 3 friends over on the weekend, and all 4 of them, plus the 3 dogs somehow managed to sleep in (or around) her twin bed........ LOL I wish I got a pic of that.
    ohhhh i hope you mean that cuz i WILL!!!! :D
    and i bet that was an awesome sight to see!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• ToadJodeToadJode Posts: 49
    SENROCK! wrote:
    AHHH!!!!!! They are GORRRGEEEEOUSSSSSSS!!!! omg! Thanks for those pics!!!! Feel free to add any amount of pics to:
    http://www.photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES pw-pearljam :D

I added three different pictures to the album on photobucket. Some of my favorites.
    ...the smallest oceans still get big, big waves...
    ToadJode wrote:
    I added three different pictures to the album on photobucket. Some of my favorites.

sweet!!!! i will take a look!!!! :D

Lizard wrote:
    Cute!!! My Dog growing up was named Jude!!! he was a black lab....
    here is my reply to your post so u wont feel ignored! :D

• I just posted some pics of my boys at the cottage...
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    SENROCK! wrote:
    here is my reply to your post so u wont feel ignored! :D

Awesome!!!

and for you: the Cutest Dog EVER!!!--you will LOVE it!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Awesome!!!

and for you: the Cutest Dog EVER!!!--you will LOVE it!!!!

that was thee most disgusting picture ever. I cant get the image out of my mind now thank you. :mad:
    SOMEBODY POST REAL DOGGIE PICS IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you have seen the picture of the ceramic version of my SURFER. Earlier this morning I was walking to the bathroom and I saw this lifesize shadow on the wall and without even thinking, i said "fatty boy what are u doing way over there?!!" and i walked strait to the bathroom. As i opened the door slowly i thought.....Surfer is.....not....here. :( And i wondered HOW i saw his shadow so real so perfect and lifelike. Well......the little ceramic version sits on my desk and the light from the speaker monitor made it look like that!!! Now i wanna see my Surfer......

• Awwww no matter what caused the shadow, he is still there watching over you and hanging out by your side :)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Some of you have seen the picture of the ceramic version of my SURFER. Earlier this morning I was walking to the bathroom and I saw this lifesize shadow on the wall and without even thinking, i said "fatty boy what are u doing way over there?!!" and i walked strait to the bathroom. As i opened the door slowly i thought.....Surfer is.....not....here. :( And i wondered HOW i saw his shadow so real so perfect and lifelike. Well......the little ceramic version sits on my desk and the light from the speaker monitor made it look like that!!! Now i wanna see my Surfer......

He is still with you....always will be.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    He is still with you....always will be.

oxc

oh my god WHERE have u BEEN??!!!! I miss you. Hows big boy Pete? We need pics! Oh and incase you didnt know, you can add pics here:
    http://www.photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES pw pearljam :D

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,868
    ... it is kinda funny. Note the dinner bowl to Gracie's left. Just one of her many bad puppy habits :D.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1878.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    ... it is kinda funny. Note the dinner bowl to Gracie's left. Just one of her many bad puppy habits :D.

oohhh norm would get in SOOOO much trouble for doing that :)
    cutback wrote:
    oohhh norm would get in SOOOO much trouble for doing that :)

I know, I know. It's bad. I cut her some slack for the mere 17 weeks she's been on the planet :).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

oh my GODDDD!!!!! i freakin LOVE that puppy!!!! She is gettin BIG!!!!!!! oh MAN i cant WAIT to meet her!!!!!!! :D Snuggle Snuggle Snuggle!!!!

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I hate when they find out they can reach the counters....d'oh!

Charley started choking on something a few hours ago, and my hubby gave him the Heimlich, and Charley was OK. Now he won't leave my side and he's making all these funny noises and won't lie down...it's like he's still panicking...he won't bark at his favourite toys and just pants and pants and pants, despite it being kinda cool in the house....poor lumpkin. I don't know what to do for him...he seems able to eat treats...and Remy's worried about him, which is never a good sign...Crap!
    be philanthropic
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    SENROCK! wrote:
    oh my god WHERE have u BEEN??!!!! I miss you. Hows big boy Pete? We need pics! Oh and incase you didnt know, you can add pics here:
    http://www.photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES pw pearljam :D

My laptop is in for repairs, so I have to use other peoples computers, also Work and vacations! Petey went camping last weekend!!! He had a blast, when I get my computer back I'll post pictures.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:

When we took Bailey to the Petsmart Hotel before vacation he did that at the desk where they check you in....all the little pamphlets and papers went flying onto the floor...embarrasing they're like little kids

:o
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Charley started choking on something a few hours ago, and my hubby gave him the Heimlich, and Charley was OK. Now he won't leave my side and he's making all these funny noises and won't lie down...it's like he's still panicking...he won't bark at his favourite toys and just pants and pants and pants, despite it being kinda cool in the house....poor lumpkin. I don't know what to do for him...he seems able to eat treats...and Remy's worried about him, which is never a good sign...Crap!

Shit!! Is Charley OK, today? I've got my own sick dog and I know it's stressful :(.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Shit!! Is Charley OK, today? I've got my own sick dog and I know it's stressful :(.

Charley isn't a whole lot better today - thanks for asking! His nose seems completely plugged so we think he might have a cold. He eats OK, and poops OK...he was running around the yard with Remy this AM and jumping to catch the treats I was throwing out the window for him (and remy)....

We got home from work today and the bedroom floor was covered with pools of dog snot and what looked like former puddles of puke...on the bed, on my clothes...some of the snot was green, which indicates some sort of infection. We were thinking kennel cough, but it's not coming from his chest...this is definitely in his head area...perhaps he has a head cold? We're doing our best to keep him quiet, but he has these moments of coughing and gagging and can't seem to catch his breath. If he wasn't being normal otherwise, he'd be rushed to the vet. If he's worse in the AM, we might book a vacay day and take him in anyway. I think dogs get colds...it's been very damp for the past few days..

Otherwise, how's gracie's poo probs.? Sometimes puppies just get the runs for no apparent reason....unless...she wasn't eating buttercups was she? That plant is so poisonous to animals...and she might have drank out of puddle or something...I hope she's OK...

Thanks again for asking about Charley Buckethead....
    be philanthropic
    I called a vet and followed her instructions, but Charley has puked up all the cough medicine we've given him, all the asprin...everything...I've just given him 25mg dramamine (Gravol) and now he's hanging out in the bathroom with a big lot of steam...I'm hoping the gravol will make him sleep...

We're beginning to think that he has myasthenia gravis...and not kennel cough....our Pinky died because of MG (well that, and a stroke)...but the symptoms are all the same...Fuck!! I hope we are very wrong on this...His nose seems blocked...he's puking up tons of mucus still and now he's puking everything we give him....but if we hold up his front legs and have him sit on his hind legs only, the gasping for air and the mucus overload stops. This is EXACTLY like Pinky...This blows...Dammit... And we're supposed to do that SPCA dog walk this weekend....Crap!

Anyway, he's going to the vet first thing AM
    be philanthropic
    Well look what was in my yahoo inboxxx:

Adult
    What’s the best way to give my dog a pill?

Getting your pooch to take medicine prescribed by your veterinarian can be tricky, but there are some ways to get the medicine down the hatch more easily. Next time you have to give your pet a pill, try one or more of these proven methods:

* Crush the pill and stir in with food or a treat. Ask your vet before doing this to be sure it won't interfere with how the medicine works.

* Coat the pill with butter, cream cheese, or peanut butter to make it slide down easily.

* Ask your veterinarian about a pill pusher or a pill gun.

* Look for a new product called pill pockets. These are soft and hollow treats that are designed with a pocket that conceals the medicine.

* Just like fruit-flavored aspirin or vitamins now available for children, pills and liquids can be flavored by pharmacists to taste like your pup's favorite meat. Just ask your pharmacist.

If your dog is sick and not eating, try holding your pet in a towel, cradled like a baby, or straddle him from behind. Flick the pill to the back of its throat. Then rub his throat, an action that will urge him to swallow.

I called a vet and followed her instructions, but Charley has puked up all the cough medicine we've given him, all the asprin...everything...I've just given him 25mg dramamine (Gravol) and now he's hanging out in the bathroom with a big lot of steam...I'm hoping the gravol will make him sleep...

We're beginning to think that he has myasthenia gravis...and not kennel cough....our Pinky died because of MG (well that, and a stroke)...but the symptoms are all the same...Fuck!! I hope we are very wrong on this...His nose seems blocked...he's puking up tons of mucus still and now he's puking everything we give him....but if we hold up his front legs and have him sit on his hind legs only, the gasping for air and the mucus overload stops. This is EXACTLY like Pinky...This blows...Dammit... And we're supposed to do that SPCA dog walk this weekend....Crap!

Anyway, he's going to the vet first thing AM

OH MY GOD!!!!! :eek:
    Im SORRY Charley is not doing well. :( Keep us informed please!!! And as always THINK POSITIVE!!!! *hugs*

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    get well charley.....sending thoughts your way vedderfan10 :( :o
    I about cried, picturing poor Charley :(. Looks like we're both going to the vet this morning. I had to work overnight (I'm still here) so I don't exactly know how Gracie is doing. I'm heading home in half an hour. Hopefully, both our dogs are doing better. We'll be thinking of Charley!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Awwww so cute - I loved the one in the sweater! LOL I grew up with a wire-haired Jack Russell who was my best friend as a child, and even though I am really not a small dog person, I have a soft spot for these guys.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    I just love JRT's personalities. Im not sure if I can ever have a different breed of dog.