~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I like her training methods, and found this on her website....

Victoria Stilwells Top 10 Training Tips

1. Keep training. Owners often think that once a dog is trained, there is no need to carry on. But your dog never stops learning, and training should be reinforced throughout your pet's life.

2. Think dog. Take time to think about how your dog perceives the world, and use this knowledge to make training easier.

3. Exercise your dog. A tired dog is a happy dog. Ensure, however, that the exercise is appropriate for your dog's age and breed.

4. To feel secure, all dogs need a calm, confident leader. Effective leadership isn't about dominating your dog and making him submissive toward you. It's about being a teacher and building his confidence. You can achieve that by encouraging and rewarding good behavior.

5. Look at your dog's diet, and see how you can improve it. You are what you eat, and the same is true for your dog. Many behavior and medical problems can be attributed to poor diet, so make sure your dog is eating the very best.

6. Sign up for an activity that you both enjoy, such as an agility class, flyball, heel to music, etc. Dogs get bored easily, so get yours out and moving.

7. Get your dog microchipped, if you haven't already. Also, don't forget his yearly checkup with the veterinarian.

8. Keep playing. One of the best ways to bond with your dog is to play games that you both enjoy. Play is a great stress reliever for both dog and human.

9. Keep your dog safe. Don't leave your dog alone in a car or tied up outside a shop. Dog theft is on the rise, so be careful.

10. Have fun and enjoy your dog. A dog should never be a burden. If you take the time to train your dog, you'll give him the tools he needs to live successfully in a human world.

For more information, visit Victoria's official site: http://www.victoriastilwell.com
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,868
    At the river, hanging with friends adult chocolates.

hanging with another friend and his 8 week old chocolate.

I love Chocolate Labs!!! How come you see so many more Yellows? Demand? Breeder preference? At any rate, yours is beautiful! :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    I hope you're doing better :(.

My brother-in-law took these pics about a month ago with his super-wazoo camera....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_01751.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_01802.jpg

Gracie was the devil dog, last night. I needed someone like Norm to come put her in her place!!! :D
    I hadd a very trying day and....to come here and see THAT SLEEPING PIC OF GRACIE made it all better!!!!!!!!! :D I hope she likes being picked up becuz....im gonna pick her up like i pick up spydee and twirl around hugging her!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!

oh man. I wish to the pit heaven that there could be an album cover for this thread because.......Resee and gracie and Trixxx & Norm would be ON the cover!!!! :D i am in LOVE with your doggies!!!!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,868
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :D I hope she likes being picked up becuz....im gonna pick her up like i pick up spydee and twirl around hugging her!!!! :D

Wear long sleeves, unless you like razor sharp puppy teeth in your flesh! Gracie is looking forward to some "new meat" :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • alexersalexers Posts: 492
    here's my sam...

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/alejanjaa/?action=view&current=MyPicture.jpg

rest in peace baby girl!

lemme know if the pic doesn't show up, i'm new to this whole photobucket thing!
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    alexers wrote:

Awwwww....what an adorable little lumpkin! She looks so happy and so loved...that's a great llife for a doggy...remember to take things slowly, though...one day at a time...
    be philanthropic
    alexers wrote:
    here's my sam...

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/alejanjaa/?action=view&current=MyPicture.jpg

rest in peace baby girl!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    oh man. I wish to the pit heaven that there could be an album cover for this thread because.......Resee and gracie and Trixxx & Norm would be ON the cover!!!! :D i am in LOVE with your doggies!!!!!!!!

You know Sen, you could start a photobucket album where we could all add our doggie pics - we have to be sure to label them well, so we know the names of the dogs and who they belong to though :) Or we could use any other site like that. On the Bonnaroo forums, we have a communal picture site where we all add our pictures from Bonnaroo every year. It works pretty well and everyone follows the rules. Just post the username and password in the Doggie thread and everyone can have access :D
  • alexers wrote:
    here's my sam...

rest in peace baby girl!

Thanks for sharing Alexers :) She is beautiful.
    seren327 wrote:
    You know Sen, you could start a photobucket album where we could all add our doggie pics - we have to be sure to label them well, so we know the names of the dogs and who they belong to though :) Or we could use any other site like that. On the Bonnaroo forums, we have a communal picture site where we all add our pictures from Bonnaroo every year. It works pretty well and everyone follows the rules. Just post the username and password in the Doggie thread and everyone can have access :D

Good idea. I'll make one now. But....if we do that.....are we STILL gonna post pics in HERE??!!! I love coming here and seeing pics!!!!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    Good idea. I'll make one now. But....if we do that.....are we STILL gonna post pics in HERE??!!! I love coming here and seeing pics!!!!

Oh absolutely! It's my favorite thread :)
    seren327 wrote:
    Oh absolutely! It's my favorite thread :)
    ok what do i post? this link?-
    http://photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES password is pearljam :D
    see if that works!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    see if that works!

Yes it works :) I will add my babies today!~

It looks like you have to have a photobucket account of your own to actually add a pic but that is easy and free!
    seren327 wrote:
    Yes it works :) I will add my babies today!~

It looks like you have to have a photobucket account of your own to actually add a pic but that is easy and free!
    WHAT??!!!! :eek: ok how do we fixxx it so ANYONE can post their pictures??!!!! let me see. Wheres cutback when u need him!!!!!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    WHAT??!!!! :eek: ok how do we fixxx it so ANYONE can post their pictures??!!!! let me see. Wheres cutback when u need him!!!!!

It's really not a biggie - it's simple and fast to sign up. Plus you can take pictures straight from your own albums and add them to this one easily!
    seren327 wrote:
    It's really not a biggie - it's simple and fast to sign up. Plus you can take pictures straight from your own albums and add them to this one easily!

ok maybe if u try adding them directly to http://photobucket.com/pjdoggies it will work without having ure own account. password is doggies

• SENROCK! wrote:
    ok maybe if u try adding them directly to http://photobucket.com/pjdoggies it will work without having ure own account. password is doggies

Nope it still asks me to login or sign up....... You can see the pics if you are not logged in, you just can't add them.
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    see if that works!

LOVE IT!!!

Added some of Resee.

Sen, Surfer is beautiful... looks like he was an awesome doggie :)
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
    LOVE IT!!!

Added some of Resee.

Sen, Surfer is beautiful... looks like he was an awesome doggie :)

THANKS!!!!
    i LOVVVE the pics of Resee!!! The one at the river on the rocks is PERFECT!!!!

seren, your doggies are AMAZING!!!!!!

• They all are amazing :) I love the of Resee running. We have an amazingly good looking bunch of dogs between us!
    seren327 wrote:
    They all are amazing :) I love the of Resee running. We have an amazingly good looking bunch of dogs between us!

oh my god im gonna be in that freakin album every damn day!!!! :D

• SENROCK! wrote:
    oh my god im gonna be in that freakin album every damn day!!!! :D

Haha me to. Maybe you can post the link for the photobucket site in the 1st post of this thread ? Or maybe someone should sticky it somehow!! :D
    seren327 wrote:
    Haha me to. Maybe you can post the link for the photobucket site in the 1st post of this thread ? Or maybe someone should sticky it somehow!! :D
    yeah i'll post it there. I was gonna add it in my sig but then i gotta add the password too....

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SENROCK! wrote:

at 7:10am? SLEEPING!!!! :p

i love the idea seren....will add norms pics immediately....i'm pretty sure that in order to add pics, you need to be a photobucket user :D
    cutback wrote:
    at 7:10am? SLEEPING!!!! :p

i love the idea seren....will add norms pics immediately....i'm pretty sure that in order to add pics, you need to be a photobucket user :D

i thought u didnt sleep! :eek: Was normie curled up by you?!!!!

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i thought u didnt sleep! :eek: Was normie curled up by you?!!!!

norm doesn't want to sleep on my bed anymore....i think i move around too much and of course there's the snoring :eek:

however, last night i woke up and heard really loud snoring....for such a little dog, he's quite the snorer :p:D
    cutback wrote:
    norm doesn't want to sleep on my bed anymore....i think i move around too much and of course there's the snoring :eek:

however, last night i woke up and heard really loud snoring....for such a little dog, he's quite the snorer :p:D

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!! that is CUUUUTE!!!!!! :)
    Surf used to crack me UP when he snored. He'd be OUT. If i moved or something, he'd wake up and give me a look like "cant u see im sleeping??!!" damn i miss that fatty boy. good times though.

for anyone tuning in late a doggie photobucket for us all!!!!
    http://photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES password doggies