~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I will adopt labrador retriver female... as long as "she" isnt to far from my home... I lost my best friend of 9 years two weeks ago... I am truly a Lost Dog! If anyone knows of sweet female lab that needs adoption I can give it good home!!!
    I didnt know u lost your doggie. :( I've just survived the one year mark without mine. it aint easy! I LOVE that u wanna adopt a lab!!!!! The one i reeeeeeeeally want is a St. Bernard like DAKOTA!!!!! (failedp's doggie)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,866
    cutback wrote:

here's norm dominating his cousins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H6Xz6omyWw

:D

I made the mistake of having the sound up - Gracie starting freaking out! :p

:D Norm is BADASS!! "Dominating" - hehehe
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I made the mistake of having the sound up - Gracie starting freaking out! :p

:D Norm is BADASS!! "Dominating" - hehehe
    HAHAHAHA you should film HER while she watches the video!!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

imalive wrote:
    Today, I asked "Do you want to go swimming?" She went to the door, ran outside to her swim toy and ran over to the step. She loves to swim!!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1861.jpg

Check out the frizzy head :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1864.jpg

oh man those freakin BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!!!

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    cutback wrote:
    "you know, they put cotton in dog's ears when they wash them."

"really?!?!" i had NO idea they did this...we puilled the cotton out and left....me embarrassed and the nurse a great little story...."did i ever tell ya the time the stoner came in with his dog thinking the dogs ear was coming out?" :D

hahahahaha
    thanks for the laugh!!

and imalive----your doggie is TOO CUTE!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Every few nights, Gracie loses her mind! It's like she's possessed! :eek:

It's impossible to get pictures, because she's a growling and barking blur. And we're yelling "no, no, no, ouch, ouch, ouch." :D Then, she conks out....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1843.jpg

I swear, she's at least twice as long as when we got her 2 months ago.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    imalive wrote:

It's impossible to get pictures, because she's a growling and barking blur. And we're yelling "no, no, no, ouch, ouch, ouch." :D Then, she conks out....

I swear, she's at least twice as long as when we got her 2 months
    ago.

Sen is gonna love that picture!!

I've really gotta get on the ball with taking pics of my silly little puppy!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    imalive wrote:

I swear, she's at least twice as long as when we got her 2 months ago.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
    THAT is THEE most BEAUTIFUL picture!!!!!!!! Im trying not to scream!!!!! I feel like i melted inside!!! AWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I cant WAIT to meet her!!!!!!!:D

PJPixie wrote:

I've really gotta get on the ball with taking pics of my silly little puppy!

Yes, you do :D. Here's another of mine. After swimming, she was so fired up in the house it was almost scary! :eek: At one point, she stopped her terrorizing long enough to pee on her bed :(.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1867.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Yes, you do :D. Here's another of mine. After swimming, she was so fired up in the house it was almost scary! :eek: At one point, she stopped her terrorizing to pee on her bed :(.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1867.jpg

alright i cant take it anymore. September is not soon enough. im gonna go CRAZY.

• So tonight Karma and our new dog Daisy were playing and I snapped this pic of them as Daisy dived up the stairs in front of me and Karma was chasing her. We were doubled up laughing at the pic:

daikarm.jpg

And here are some others from the other night:

DSCN0099.jpg - Lucy aka Lulu out cold

DSCN0100.jpg - Karma and Daisy
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi everyone! I've been having a very busy summer, so no new photos of Petey. He has lost a TON of weight...so I will try and take some today to show him off. He is down from 112 to 95 pounds of stunning muscle. :D We are just loving the mature dog he has become!

Everyone's pups look great...so nice to see them all having fantastic summers, be proud of yourselves for being such great dog owners.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone! I've been having a very busy summer, so no new photos of Petey. He has lost a TON of weight...so I will try and take some today to show him off. He is down from 112 to 95 pounds of stunning muscle. :D We are just loving the mature dog he has become!

Everyone's pups look great...so nice to see them all having fantastic summers, be proud of yourselves for being such great dog owners.

oxc

I was WONDERING where you've been!!! Im a badd friend, I should have written.
    New pics of petey would be sweeeeeeeet!!!!! :D

• Please go to http://www.cutestpetcontest.com and search my girl with this number and vote for her....thank you :) She will love you forever

Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/vedderfan10/00400016.jpg

Found this oldie but goodie of remmy out for a snowshoe....

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/vedderfan10/00400019-1.jpg

and my dear departed Pinkerton....it would have been her 18th birthday last week :(
    be philanthropic
  • alexersalexers Posts: 492
    I was away for a week on a roadtrip from Seattle to San Francisco, and I came back today only to find my dog panting in bed. I found out that she was diagnosed with cancer a couple days after my dad and I left and my brother and mother took the week off work to take care of her. She literally waited until we came home to pass away. We took her to the vet and put her down a couple of hours ago. I'm 18 years old, and her 16th birthday is on August 22nd. She died in our arms.

I miss you so much, Sam :(
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    alexers wrote:
    I was away for a week on a roadtrip from Seattle to San Francisco, and I came back today only to find my dog panting in bed. I found out that she was diagnosed with cancer a couple days after my dad and I left and my brother and mother took the week off work to take care of her. She literally waited until we came home to pass away. We took her to the vet and put her down a couple of hours ago. I'm 18 years old, and her 16th birthday is on August 22nd. She died in our arms.

i'm so sorry...i can't imagine how you feel right now....:(
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Alexers...awww...honey....that's awful...Been there done that, and it completely sucks in the worst way that sucking can suck...and I'm not trying to be funny...But she waited for you and that shows how much you meant to her and how much she loved you... I hope you can feel my hug from out here in BC...I'm so sorry...

She had a good long life and most likely the best life possible...it's small comfort now, but later...that will mean something....tough thing losing a childhood pet...
    be philanthropic
  • alexers wrote:

Awww so sorry to hear that, but she waited to say goodbye to you, so you know she loved you lots :)
    alexers wrote:

I'm so, so sad for you. She was your buddy for your entire life :(. I lost my dog in May. Remembering it still makes me want to cry. Someone sent the following to me. It helped me - I hope it gives you some comfort, too...

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/vedderfan10/00400016.jpg

Found this oldie but goodie of remmy out for a snowshoe....

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/vedderfan10/00400019-1.jpg

and my dear departed Pinkerton....it would have been her 18th birthday last week :(
    Ok this is so cute!
    I love the one with the spoon! ;)
    9/1/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/5/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/30/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 7/20/06, 7/22/06,7/23/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/25/09,10/06/09,10/07/09, 05/07/10, 09/25/11, 07/16/13,12/04/13,12/06/13, 10/14/14, 4/7/17, 08/08/18, 08/10/18, 05/04/24

EV 04/02/08, 04/03/08, 07/16/11
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dog Alexers, I can't imagine how you must feel. It's very sweet that she waited for you and you were able to say goodbye.

Next week I leave for college in a different time zone. I'll miss Tedy so much, probably more than anything else :( Of course, I'll miss my family but at least I can call them, tell them I miss them, and talk to them. Tedy will just be wondering where I went. :(
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3296/2748081209_126bee74b0_o.jpg
    thank you everyone who responded to the post, you made feel a lot better. imalive, thank you so much for that. it really helped. :)

i'm just relieved that she went before i leave for college. i'm happy i was here and that she could be in my arms. she couldn't have chosen a better time. high five, sammie!
  • Doggystyle is a great album, beyond that I like nothing about dogs.
    - EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0025
    - PJ avoid me like the plague
    Doggystyle is a great album, beyond that I like nothing about dogs.
    YOU are an old school EVENFLOW PSYCHO!!!! Please dont ruin it by speaking badd about doggies!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. :)

alexers wrote:

ugh. we all know how i feel about losing a doggie so um.....heres a hug. oh and i added Sam to the very first post of this thread!

SENROCK! wrote:
    ugh. we all know how i feel about losing a doggie so um.....heres a hug. oh and i added Sam to the very first post of this thread!

thanks, hun. great big hug back :)
    alexers wrote:

I hope you're doing better :(.

My brother-in-law took these pics about a month ago with his super-wazoo camera....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_01751.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_01802.jpg

Gracie was the devil dog, last night. I needed someone like Norm to come put her in her place!!! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    I hope you're doing better :(.

My brother-in-law took these pics about a month ago with his super-wazoo camera....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_01751.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_01802.jpg

Gracie was the devil dog, last night. I needed someone like Norm to come put her in her place!!! :D

love the second pic :) i need to get one of them super wazoo cameras :p

yea and i think norm needs more dog time...when he was with his cousins a couple weeks ago, after all that play, he was super mellow for a couple days...:)
    cutback wrote:
    love the second pic :) i need to get one of them super wazoo cameras :p

yea and i think norm needs more dog time...when he was with his cousins a couple weeks ago, after all that play, he was super mellow for a couple days...:)

What the hell....here's a link to the whole album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/greyson74/Gracie?authkey=tc4HVBUbQig

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13