~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,866
    The vet explained that it was an Abdominal Hernia, and that she could possibly have a Diaphragmatic Hernia as well. But, the only way to find out was... When she cut Resee open to repair the abdominal hernia... She wouldn't be able to breath. MY HEART SANK :(

So, the surgery took about 2 hour(felt like 2 days). She only had an Abdominal one, Thank God!!!.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/Puppies/Resee/?action=view&current=Picture019.jpg (The patient :))

Let me say; This was one of the hardest things I have ever gone though... Although hard, it has brought us closer as dog and master. I'll keep posting pictures of her progress...

Resee is gorgeous!!! I went through some kind of similar stuff with my last dog and know how awful it is :(. I'm so happy for your positive outcome.

I saw something about a Diaphragmatic Hernia on Animal Planet last week. It was a 17 week old Golden (just like mine :eek: ) and I was literally crying. The show was that ER Vet Intern show. Anyway, that doggie made it, too! Whew!!!! :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i cant EVEN TELL YOU the way i screamed when i saw this picture just now!!!!!!!!! There REALLY needs to be a way to add sounds on here!!!! oh my GODDDDDD i cant wait to see her in september!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't SCREAM when you meet her. You might scare the little girl! :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • This is a great thread! I don't have a doggie but I surely enjoyed looking at all the pictures. They all are so cute:D
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    Don't SCREAM when you meet her. You might scare the little girl! :p

i'll probably cry instead.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    It started on friday at about 5:10pm. My roomate called me at work to tell me Resee had a buldge on her left side... A what?!?!?!?! A Buldge?!?!!?!? :eek:

I left work and met her at the vet. When I got there the vet had the x-rays. It was VERY clear what she had- http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1571&articleid=442 (better than I could explain). The vet explained that it was an Abdominal Hernia, and that she could possibly have a Diaphragmatic Hernia as well. But, the only way to find out was... When she cut Resee open to repair the abdominal hernia... She wouldn't be able to breath. MY HEART SANK :(

So, the surgery took about 2 hour(felt like 2 days). She only had an Abdominal one, Thank God!!!. The vet took her to the new 24/7 pet care place.
    I went by on saturday morning. She was still a little dopey(mmm... Morphine ;)). Went by saturday night, she looked much better, keeping down food and water, wagging her tail, being her normal self. Picked her up early sunday... She stayed with a friend while I worked. By sunday afternoon she was playing and running around...

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/Puppies/Resee/?action=view&current=Picture014.jpg (The shaved area)

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/Puppies/Resee/?action=view&current=Picture015.jpg (The Inscion -15 stiches - not for the squimish)

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/Puppies/Resee/?action=view&current=Picture017.jpg (Inspecting her wound)

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/NoCode_inMT/Puppies/Resee/?action=view&current=Picture019.jpg (The patient :))

Let me say; This was one of the hardest things I have ever gone though... Although hard, it has brought us closer as dog and master. I'll keep posting pictures of her progress...

aww poor resee....get well puppy....she's a beaut! :)
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    :eek: ohhhhhhh man! Im gladd she's ok! That is one heck of a slice goin on there. Please give her lots of hugs from me and yes, post pics regularly!!!!! I said this to PJ_ROCKS before not sure i said it to you-i think his doggie and your doggie should have a play date!!!!
    Thanks Sen. Just gave her some lovin' for ya... I think PJ_ROCKS lives up in Great Falls, MT. I've talked to him before... still trying to work out the meet-up. I'm in Bozeman('bout 150 miles southeast of him)
    imalive wrote:
    Resee is gorgeous!!! I went through some kind of similar stuff with my last dog and know how awful it is . I'm so happy for your positive outcome.
    Thanks imalive. She melts my heart daily...
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
    cutback wrote:
    aww poor resee....get well puppy....she's a beaut! :)
    Im sorry i guess u didnt get my note that said u werent allowed to post in here without adding a pic of normie!!!!! :D jk how is he today?

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

SENROCK! wrote:
    Im sorry i guess u didnt get my note that said u werent allowed to post in here without adding a pic of normie!!!!! :D jk how is he today?

i have stories and lotsa pics from this weekend....kinda busy now but i will post this afternoon :o
    cutback wrote:
    i have stories and lotsa pics from this weekend....kinda busy now but i will post this afternoon :o

fair enough!!! I gotta leave anyway but i cant WAIT to see them later!!!!

• Awww poor Resee!! She is one pretty girl. They didn't give you a cone for her head so she doesn't try licking the wound? When my dog had bladder stones and had surgery to have them removed, she kept licking it so they gave me a cone for her. Now that was the most pitiful thing ever.
    seren327 wrote:
    Awww poor Resee!! She is one pretty girl. They didn't give you a cone for her head so she doesn't try licking the wound? When my dog had bladder stones and had surgery to have them removed, she kept licking it so they gave me a cone for her. Now that was the most pitiful thing ever.

it is pitiful, isn't it? ;):)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_1194.jpg
  • Haha poor baby. I sadly did not take a pic of my Karma when she had that, but I couldn't help but laugh - she kept walking into walls with it.
    seren327 wrote:
    Haha poor baby. I sadly did not take a pic of my Karma when she had that, but I couldn't help but laugh - she kept walking into walls with it.

so did norm....it lasted one night...neither he or i could get any sleep....luckily he didn't pick at it just licked the wound occasionally :)
    so saturday evening, a buddy of mine came by to hang out....i will preface this by saying that he and i were high :o

we head out back to hang out with norm...as i walk out, my friend asks me "what's this in norm's ear?"

what's what in norm's ear? i ask :confused:

i look in his ear and there is this gray, cotton looking "growth" coming out of his ear :eek: it looked like his inner ear was pouring out....so i went to touch it and norm kinda winched....oh dear :(

so i call another (and sober) friend to drive me to the emergency vet

i walk into the vet's office and a nurse greets me....i show her norm's ear.....after looking at it, she looks at me and gives a wry smile...

"was he groomed recently?"

"yes. yesterday." i answer wondering where she's going with this

"you know, they put cotton in dog's ears when they wash them."

"really?!?!" i had NO idea they did this...we puilled the cotton out and left....me embarrassed and the nurse a great little story...."did i ever tell ya the time the stoner came in with his dog thinking the dogs ear was coming out?" :D
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    Here is one of my Springer Spaniels.. His name is Trevor. He does whatever I say......And Likes to Fish !!

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/40964/2909330420103817640S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/40653/2977316770103817640S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/24196/2377072040103817640S600x600Q85.jpg

Theres Another one, Ill post him Later..

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
    cutback wrote:
    so saturday evening, a buddy of mine came by to hang out....i will preface this by saying that he and i were high :o
    :D
    cutback wrote:
    yesterday, norm and i went to my nieces 12th birthday party....they have 2 labs....tucker is the black and brophy is the chocolate....:D

Were you high at your neice's party, too? :p Looks likes the dogs had fun!

P.S. I have nothing to say about Manny. :mad:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Were you high at your neice's party, too? :p Looks likes the dogs had fun!

P.S. I have nothing to say about Manny. : mad:

should've been, but no :( ;):D

manny's being manny...or so i'm told :p
    cutback wrote:
    should've been, but no :( ;):D

I'm always that guy who is drinking heavily at kids' parties. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I'm always that guy who is drinking heavily at kids' parties. :D
    u are NOT!!! I cant picture you as that guy. :D I was told last night by my best friend that *IM* the alcoholic in the family now and am BANNED from having drinks at his kidz party! :eek: WTF??!!!!

cutback wrote:
    yesterday, norm and i went to my nieces 12th birthday party....they have 2 labs....tucker is the black and brophy is the chocolate....:D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/12f0c613.jpg

CUTBACK!!!!!!!!!!
    THATS MY FAVORITE PICTURE EVERRR!!!!!!!!!
    Its a doggie conversation!!!!!!!!
    I SWEAR we need sound clips up in here!!!!!!!!
    AWWWWWW that pic made me SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!!!!!

• Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    cutback wrote:

we head out back to hang out with norm...as i walk out, my friend asks me "what's this in norm's ear?"

what's what in norm's ear? i ask :confused:

i look in his ear and there is this gray, cotton looking "growth" coming out of his ear :eek: it looked like his inner ear was pouring out....so i went to touch it and norm kinda winched....oh dear :(

so i call another (and sober) friend to drive me to the emergency vet

i walk into the vet's office and a nurse greets me....i show her norm's ear.....after looking at it, she looks at me and gives a wry smile...

"was he groomed recently?"

"yes. yesterday." i answer wondering where she's going with this

"you know, they put cotton in dog's ears when they wash them."

"really?!?!" i had NO idea they did this...we puilled the cotton out and left....me embarrassed and the nurse a great little story...."did i ever tell ya the time the stoner came in with his dog thinking the dogs ear was coming out?" :D

thats funny
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    thats funny
    hey! hows Jasper??!!

• SENROCK! wrote:
    awwww its been a while since you've posted pics of bella!!!! She's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    I will adopt labrador retriver female... as long as "she" isnt to far from my home... I lost my best friend of 9 years two weeks ago... I am truly a Lost Dog! If anyone knows of sweet female lab that needs adoption I can give it good home!!!
  • I will adopt labrador retriver female... as long as "she" isnt to far from my home... I lost my best friend of 9 years two weeks ago... I am truly a Lost Dog! If anyone knows of sweet female lab that needs adoption I can give it good home!!!

Look on Petfinder.com. They have all the dogs from all your local shelters listed on there. I got my Daisy from there :) Sorry about your loss :(
    I will adopt labrador retriver female... as long as "she" isnt to far from my home... I lost my best friend of 9 years two weeks ago... I am truly a Lost Dog! If anyone knows of sweet female lab that needs adoption I can give it good home!!!

I hope your heart can heal and you can find a new "girl." You'll find a lot of support here. We lost our girl in May and had another girl in June. We didn't really plan it that way - it's bittersweet when the new one (Gracie) reminds us of the old one (Shelby) :o.

Gracie is swimming her ass off :D! Today, I asked "Do you want to go swimming?" She went to the door, ran outside to her swim toy and ran over to the step. She loves to swim!!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1861.jpg

Check out the frizzy head :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1864.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

dude that pic is CLASSIC!!! :D

here's norm dominating his cousins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H6Xz6omyWw

cutback wrote:
    dude that pic is CLASSIC!!! :D

here's norm dominating his cousins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H6Xz6omyWw

dude. Norm is a BADDA$$!!!!!!!!! i freakin LOVE IT!!!!!!!!