• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    OK...That right there is adorable....
    be philanthropic
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    nukeboot wrote:
    Cool thread.

I'm nukeboot and I'm a dog addict...

Here's some pics of my Aussie, Jesse:

Oh my gosh! I LOVE that dog!! How happy looking!!

And I love Norm!!

All these dogs are sweeeties....eeeee...

Hey look at that - post number 1984...how orwellian! My work is like 1984...I'm always getting in shit for some sort of thought crime ... but I digress...Yay dogs!!
    be philanthropic
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    more doggie pictures guys!!!! please?!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    SENROCK! wrote:
    more doggie pictures guys!!!! please?!
    I would but I don't have any :(
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    Lukin66 wrote:
    I would but I don't have any :(

find some pics somewhere! i need to see doggies!
    where in thee HELL is FailedP with DAKOTA!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

The LOVE of my LIFE!

• finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    SENROCK! wrote:
    The LOVE of my LIFE!

so cute ! :)

here's my babyyy... Remu
    remmuu.jpg
    remu11.jpg
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.

awwww Hi P.J!!!!!!! :)

So, its been a year believe it or not. A lot of different things have changed since I lost my doggie. One thing that hasn’t changed, is the fact that I miss Surfer DAILY. Not a day has gone by when I don’t think of him or wish that he was here. The emptiness inside has not gone away but has become something u just live with I guess.

Sometimes I find myself looking for him or the rare times I DO sleep, I wake up reaching for his doggie paw. Or, when I’m out of town, its on my conscious whether or not I left him enough food and water! All these little things have not been easy to forget or whatever. Its hard. Anyone that has lost a doggie KNOWS.

I never thought losing Surfer would affect me the way it did but, it really did and changed so much about my life. Im not writing this to get sympathy or “awww’s” or anything like that. I guess Im writing HERE because this is the doggie thread. The one I started because I loved Surf so much and wanted others to have a place to share pictures and issues and etc all doggie related. Most of you understand the loss so its easier to write in here.

This whole year, has been a long one. Yet, it seems like only yesterday my doggie said goodbye. Im not sure i'll ever recover fully. I have hadd some great people from THE PIT here be exxxtra kind to me and I wanna say thanks. It means a lot. And thanks to all of you who keep this thread alive by posting pictures and sharing stories and losses.

I don’t have any new pictures to post but I tell ya, seeing all of yours REALLY does help. I miss having a doggie SO MUCH and so I find a small area of peace when u guys post your pics. I love Norms pictures A LOT because he’s just special. And Gracie has helped a lot because theres just something about her.

Before I turn into a mess, I gotta say thank you again to you all. All the kind pm’s and etc, I appreciate it. PJaddicted, thanks. You’ve been a real friend and I hope to repay you someday. And PJ_ROCKS…..YOU rescued me and are my hero. If it wasn’t for you……I just don’t know, THANK YOU.

Everyone else PLEASE keep posting doggie pics and stories!!! This thread should remain alive even when Doggie Heaven continues to grow! Here is something I made just because I love my Surfer and miss him! Enjoy it and thanks everyone for all the love. The song is one I used to sing to Surfer for obvious reasons WITH of course a slight change in lyrics!!! :D

SURFER

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,866
    SENROCK! wrote:
    So, its been a year believe it or not. A lot of different things have changed since I lost my doggie. One thing that hasn’t changed, is the fact that I miss Surfer DAILY. Not a day has gone by when I don’t think of him or wish that he was here. The emptiness inside has not gone away but has become something u just live with I guess.

Sometimes I find myself looking for him or the rare times I DO sleep, I wake up reaching for his doggie paw. Or, when I’m out of town, its on my conscious whether or not I left him enough food and water! All these little things have not been easy to forget or whatever. Its hard. Anyone that has lost a doggie KNOWS.

I never thought losing Surfer would affect me the way it did but, it really did and changed so much about my life. Im not writing this to get sympathy or “awww’s” or anything like that. I guess Im writing HERE because this is the doggie thread. The one I started because I loved Surf so much and wanted others to have a place to share pictures and issues and etc all doggie related. Most of you understand the loss so its easier to write in here.

This whole year, has been a long one. Yet, it seems like only yesterday my doggie said goodbye. Im not sure i'll ever recover fully. I have hadd some great people from THE PIT here be exxxtra kind to me and I wanna say thanks. It means a lot. And thanks to all of you who keep this thread alive by posting pictures and sharing stories and losses.

I don’t have any new pictures to post but I tell ya, seeing all of yours REALLY does help. I miss having a doggie SO MUCH and so I find a small area of peace when u guys post your pics. I love Norms pictures A LOT because he’s just special. And Gracie has helped a lot because theres just something about her.

Before I turn into a mess, I gotta say thank you again to you all. All the kind pm’s and etc, I appreciate it. PJaddicted, thanks. You’ve been a real friend and I hope to repay you someday. And PJ_ROCKS…..YOU rescued me and are my hero. If it wasn’t for you……I just don’t know, THANK YOU.

Everyone else PLEASE keep posting doggie pics and stories!!! This thread should remain alive even when Doggie Heaven continues to grow! Here is something I made just because I love my Surfer and miss him! Enjoy it and thanks everyone for all the love. The song is one I used to sing to Surfer for obvious reasons WITH of course a slight change in lyrics!!! :D

SURFER

Those of us who have lost a dog know what you're going thru, Sen. Your love for Surfer is so, so evident. I really want to see you get a new dog but I know that only you will know when it's time.

Gracie is not a replacement Shelby. There will never be another Shelby for us. I'm sure we'll miss her forever :(. That being said, Gracie is pretty damn funny (when I don't feel like strangling her!!!).

We dropped Gracie with my sister-in-law in Salt Lake while we went to SF for four days. We were a little worried how our "wild child" would do with our two year old nephew. As these pictures show, we didn't need to worry :D. At one point, we had to put Gracie in "time out" and Tuffy wanted in there with her. It was like Steel Cage Match of 25 pounders!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1820.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1816.jpg

and, for good measure, here's one of Shelby with Tuffy when he was really a little guy :p

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/DSC_0192.jpg

Thanks, Sen, for starting the best thread in the Pit!! You rock!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SENROCK! wrote:

SURFER

i loved the slideshow.....surfer was a great doggie...:)

if norm gave kisses he'd give ya a big one! :D

lounging...
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_1994.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_1995.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_1998.jpg

taking a break....
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2001.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2002.jpg

the adventurer....
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2005.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2009.jpg

on the hunt....
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_2015.jpg
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/IMG_1985.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    SENROCK! wrote:

As you would say...... AWWWWWWWWWWW :D

I really love the one of Surfer and his little, Sandicast "friend" :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

imalive wrote:
    As you would say...... AWWWWWWWWWWW :D

I really love the one of Surfer and his little, Sandicast "friend" :p

Which pic is that??!!
    and gracie is growing very nicely!!!!

SENROCK! wrote:
    Which pic is that??!!

The one where Surfer is laying next to a little statue. It is a statue, isn't it? :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    My Goldendoodle pup Ziggy Marley!

P1050818.jpg

Too cute!! Here's Gracie and her Goldendoodle buddy, Emma. Two seconds after this picture was taken, it turned into a growling, rolling ball of fur and feet. :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1737.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Need doggie advice
    I'd put this in ~:~:~the doggie thread~:~:~, but WTF no one seems to "be there" anymore C'mon!

Anyway, my 15 week old Golden has TWO majorly annoying quirks..

1) When she's fired up, she tears through the yard, yanking up grass. That stuff's hard to grow around here! I can't spray my whole yard with Bitter Apple. Any ideas?

2) When I approach Gracie to take her out to go potty, she rolls on her back for a tummy rub. That's fine, but she nips and bites at my hands if I try to flip her onto her feet. If I manage to get her leash clipped on, she chews on it and it's not a pretty sight as I try to drag her to her feet. I know she's just playing, but sheesh....

All in all though, it's good to have a dog to lick my toes again.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...r/IMG_1839.jpg
    i TOTALLY got mental pictures of both these acts! :D I remember them all too well.

As i recall, there was no real way to get a doggie to stop digging up grass. My mom used to get PISSED cuz there were holes in the yard from the doggies. HOWEVER, there was an alternative.
    Build a sandboxxx just for gracie and fill it with toys. Bury some and leave others visible so she can get the idea. U might have to get down to doggie level and show her how its done!

Instead of bending over to clip the leash, try squatting instead so ure not "towering" over. Rub the doggie stomach calmly then give her a command that its time to go wiz and get her used to this routine. I used to HATE having to drag surf when he was a puppy but that foo would do the same thing as gracie!!! Ultimately these are just puppyisms and they grow out of it!!!! :D

MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!

imalive wrote:
    Too cute!! Here's Gracie and her Goldendoodle buddy, Emma. Two seconds after this picture was taken, it turned into a growling, rolling ball of fur and feet. :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1737.jpg

This picture is FUNNY cuz u can tell gracie was running and jumping!!! :D That growling match woulda been a sight!!!

SENROCK! wrote:
    i TOTALLY got mental pictures of both these acts! :D I remember them all too well.

As i recall, there was no real way to get a doggie to stop digging up grass. My mom used to get PISSED cuz there were holes in the yard from the doggies. HOWEVER, there was an alternative.
    Build a sandboxxx just for gracie and fill it with toys. Bury some and leave others visible so she can get the idea. U might have to get down to doggie level and show her how its done!

Instead of bending over to clip the leash, try squatting instead so ure not "towering" over. Rub the doggie stomach calmly then give her a command that its time to go wiz and get her used to this routine. I used to HATE having to drag surf when he was a puppy but that foo would do the same thing as gracie!!! Ultimately these are just puppyisms and they grow out of it!!!! :D

MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!

That advice just might work!! I'm sure you also remember how they plop down with sod hanging out of their mouths and then, as soon as you take two steps toward them, they take off again! $#@*&!!#@$%

I shoulda taken some pictures in the pool this morning, but once Gracie was wet I couldn't figure how to go back inside for the camera! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I had to take this pic from my cell - it was so freakin strange the way my puppers is all twisty on the REALLY big table...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/2717436545_3be93d5b83.jpg?v=0

I will try to actually get some good shots of her later this week, after I get her groomed (poor baby)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I had to take this pic from my cell - it was so freakin strange the way my puppers is all twisty on the REALLY big table...

I will try to actually get some good shots of her later this week, after I get her groomed (poor baby)

:eek:

WTF???

that's hilarious :D:D
    I had to take this pic from my cell - it was so freakin strange the way my puppers is all twisty on the REALLY big table...

That's a hell of a picture for a cell phone!

beautiful "pup"!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    DAKOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about TIME!!!!!! This TOTALLY made my day!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Kinda funny story....

Gracie is on quarantine at our house until she finishes her shots. It's not a bad gig, but her world basically consists of the air-conditioned house and the pool :p. She gets the occasional visitor, but mostly she's stuck with me and my wife.

So, last night, it's after Gracie's bedtime but I needed to run a buddy back to his strip hotel so I took Gracie along for the ride. Man, she loved it! Back and forth in the back seat, window to window, taking in the lights of the Las Vegas strip. Her little world just got a little bigger :D.

Obligatory pic:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1793.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Kinda funny story....

Gracie is on quarantine at our house until she finishes her shots. It's not a bad gig, but her world basically consists of the air-conditioned house and the pool :p. She gets the occasional visitor, but mostly she's stuck with me and my wife.

So, last night, it's after Gracie's bedtime but I needed to run a buddy back to his strip hotel so I took Gracie along for the ride. Man, she loved it! Back and forth in the back seat, window to window, taking in the lights of the Las Vegas strip. Her little world just got a little bigger :D.

Obligatory pic:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1793.jpg
    hahaha i pictured her super exxxcited!!! Surf used to LOVE going for drives. Sometimes after being out with frenz, i'd go home and if i wasnt drinking, i'd ask him "wanna go for a drive?" he would look at me with eyes that asked "ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!! dont play with my emotions!!!" it was great. I would play untitled cuz with him, i never WAS alone. :)

More doggie pics kidz!!!!!!