~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    GlowGirl said:

My friend is fostering this sweet 4 month old little girl. She is so cute. Just thought I would see if any of you are looking to adopt a puppy. 

She also has this almost 1 year old male that she is fostering as well. These two are siblings but from different litters. She rescued them from the same irresponsible backyard breeder. Both are so sweet. If you are in the New York tri-state area and are interested or know someone who may be interested let me know. She has a few other dogs as well. Thanks. 
    Very cute, I’m sure they will find their forever homes soon.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    GlowGirl said:

My friend is fostering this sweet 4 month old little girl. She is so cute. Just thought I would see if any of you are looking to adopt a puppy. 

She also has this almost 1 year old male that she is fostering as well. These two are siblings but from different litters. She rescued them from the same irresponsible backyard breeder. Both are so sweet. If you are in the New York tri-state area and are interested or know someone who may be interested let me know. She has a few other dogs as well. Thanks. 
    Oh man how adorable I’m not sure we’re ready to move on from Twinkie just yet but if we were I’d def take one of them into our family! Oh man this is so tough to go through in hope they find loving homes for the pups 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    GlowGirl said:

Oh man how adorable I’m not sure we’re ready to move on from Twinkie just yet but if we were I’d def take one of them into our family! Oh man this is so tough to go through in hope they find loving homes for the pups 
    I know this is a very hard time for you and your family. I went through it with my cat Tristan last year. So hard. I got Lukin about 3 months later because I thought Daisy was getting lonely. But everyone has their own time frame. Hopefully, these pups will find homes soon. But my friend is always rescuing dogs, so when your time is right, let me know.

GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

I know this is a very hard time for you and your family. I went through it with my cat Tristan last year. So hard. I got Lukin about 3 months later because I thought Daisy was getting lonely. But everyone has their own time frame. Hopefully, these pups will find homes soon. But my friend is always rescuing dogs, so when your time is right, let me know.

Thanks 🙏 i def will keep this in mind 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    How old were your dogs when you got them spayed/neutered? We've always had females and always had them spayed prior to their first heat. But I have seen that nowadays people are waiting 12-18 months? Seems like there's a decent argument on both sides. 

Just wanted to find out what you guys did. Thanks. 
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    How old were your dogs when you got them spayed/neutered? We've always had females and always had them spayed prior to their first heat. But I have seen that nowadays people are waiting 12-18 months? Seems like there's a decent argument on both sides. 

first three (females) before their first heat. last one, winnie, is a show dog and for some reason the breeder handler wanted us to wait until after her first heat (winnie’s, not the breeder’s). I think it was more of a show thing than a health thing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

first three (females) before their first heat. last one, winnie, is a show dog and for some reason the breeder handler wanted us to wait until after her first heat (winnie’s, not the breeder’s). I think it was more of a show thing than a health thing.
    Thanks. It seems the benefit with doing it sooner is to prevent certain cancers down the road and the benefit for waiting after the first or second heat has something to do with not stunting their growth or something and lessens the chances of torn acl's and stuff? Does that sound familiar?

How was it when she was in heat? Blood everywhere?
    www.myspace.com
    Wobbie said:

Thanks. It seems the benefit with doing it sooner is to prevent certain cancers down the road and the benefit for waiting after the first or second heat has something to do with not stunting their growth or something and lessens the chances of torn acl's and stuff? Does that sound familiar?

How was it when she was in heat? Blood everywhere?
    from my wife, the expert: she says vets recommended before, for health, and breeders say after, due to growth plates.

the heat wasn’t a big deal….lasts about 3 weeks, one of which winnie was gone to a show with the breeder….we got her (winnie, not the breeder) some depends.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958

We had planned on getting Pumpkin spayed before her first heat, she however, had other plans and went in to heat at seven months.

These were a lifesaver.  Highly recommend so that you don’t risk getting your furniture/ floors /carpets ruined.Machine wash/dry. We would rotate so she always had a clean one.  

We also had a washable pee-pad for her bed so that she didn’t have to wear a diaper at night when her flow lightened.  We got the pee pad at a home health store (for humans). Way cheaper (long-term) than disposable.

Make sure you get the ones with an outer Velcro patch.  It gives you a better fit.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

We had planned on getting Pumpkin spayed before her first heat, she however, had other plans and went in to heat at seven months.

These were a lifesaver.  Highly recommend so that you don’t risk getting your furniture/ floors /carpets ruined.Machine wash/dry. We would rotate so she always had a clean one.  

We also had a washable pee-pad for her bed so that she didn’t have to wear a diaper at night when her flow lightened.  We got the pee pad at a home health store (for humans). Way cheaper (long-term) than disposable.

Make sure you get the ones with an outer Velcro patch.  It gives you a better fit.
    Thanks man. She is scheduled for basically a month from now right around when she will be 9 months. Might as well look into these now to be safe. Appreciate it!
    www.myspace.com

Thanks man. She is scheduled for basically a month from now right around when she will be 9 months. Might as well look into these now to be safe. Appreciate it!
    pretty sure Fifthelement is a WOman.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

these days you never know
    www.myspace.com
    Wobbie said:

these days you never know
      😳😉🤣🤣🤣

Pumpkin was scheduled for spay first week of January.  She started her heat the week before Xmas and lasted for four, almost five weeks. We had to wait until the last week of March to get her fixed. It was very stressful having her around in-fixed male dogs during that period lol

How it started . . . 

How it’s going . . . 

It’s been a year, tempus fugit ❤️
    Ah great pictures! 
    Thanks @josevolution.  How are you and the family doing?
    How it started . . . 

How it’s going . . . 

2 absolute gorgeous dogs… love seeing them in pairs, very cool 😎
    Thank you.  I think they’re gorgeous too, but I’m very biased lol.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,963
    Very sweet. Fun to see how the puppy grew. Supercute pair ❤️ 
    Thanks @josevolution.  How are you and the family doing?
    All good 😊 Thanks 🙏 
    Happy 4th to all the animals on here, dogs too 😜

today could be tough on some, my lil guy doesn’t flinch for much… 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650

Happy birthday America 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,414
    ^
    Happy 4th!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    CROJAM95 said:
    How it started . . . 

How it’s going . . . 

do you, now?

goddam, your dog is cute CROJAM! (and I’m not typically a “little dog guy”). Your’s is super cute, too, poncier.

our dogs couldn’t care less about fireworks. I’m very thankful for that. It’s so sad when they get stressed.  I think I’d have to head to the mountains if that were the case.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    How it started . . . 

How it’s going . . . 

do you, now?

goddam, your dog is cute CROJAM! (and I’m not typically a “little dog guy”). Your’s is super cute, too, poncier.

our dogs couldn’t care less about fireworks. I’m very thankful for that. It’s so sad when they get stressed.  I think I’d have to head to the mountains if that were the case.

Yours are heaven sent Rob… I enjoy your posts, they look very much loved! 

The lil dogs & me are for traveling, I’d love a big one or two one day… but he’s a great companion and super easy going. He loves car rides, I forget he’s back there. Made 2 bbq stops yesterday and brought him along, 1/2 a block of kids playing ran over to him and made him feel like a celeb 

hope you guys had a good holiday 
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    How it started . . . 

How it’s going . . . 

do you, now?

The lil dogs & me are for traveling, I’d love a big one or two one day… but he’s a great companion and super easy going. He loves car rides, I forget he’s back there. Made 2 bbq stops yesterday and brought him along, 1/2 a block of kids playing ran over to him and made him feel like a celeb 

my girls are great travelers too but, my god, the crap we gotta pack along….crates, beds, blankets, bowls, etc. we are limited to only taking them on car trips. no way they’re going in the cargo hold of a plane. I would imagine you can put your little guy under your seat.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    How it started . . . 

How it’s going . . . 

do you, now?

my girls are great travelers too but, my god, the crap we gotta pack along….crates, beds, blankets, bowls, etc. we are limited to only taking them on car trips. no way they’re going in the cargo hold of a plane. I would imagine you can put your little guy under your seat.
    He was in Vegas & LA with me… had him in a carryon on the plane… he was so good, return trip last 10-15 min he whined a lil, think his ears were popping 😬

left him at the MGM room while we were downstairs rocking out… prob take him to Europe next summer if I go 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650

This poor pooch (and my wallet) can’t catch a break.
    This weekend we rock Portland