~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,603
    GlowGirl said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Many times since October wife and I have said same thing about wishing the dog could talk.

Hope Piper is OK, she still looks happy at least.
    it was a day from hell at the ER vet. long story short, there was no definite conclusion. they x-rays showed no fractures or ligament damage. most likely a soft tissue injury but it could have been something else. piper is on a rest regimen, with anti-inflammatories and pain meds. she has already done a 180. it makes me wonder if she even needed the $700 visit but, my god, she was limping so badly we thought she may have had a broken bone! 
    Glad to hear she's already turning things around. Sucks about the vet bill, I know that sting and then some recently.
    I just had a $500 vet bill because my cat had the sniffles and wasn't eating. Of course, the day after the took her to the vet she started eating just fine.

not eating or not pooping can be worrisome. we gotta do what we gotta do.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,155
    500 is easy to drop at the vet these days. Sheesh
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,429
    Kona not happy about leaving California, he had a wonderful time…. 
  • Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 212
    Such a perfect little face. Safe travels, Kona! Come back soon.
  • Options
    soph189 said:
    Such a perfect little face. Safe travels, Kona! Come back soon.
    Will try for Ohana… he already has that spirit, living in a Jason Momoa shrine for a week 😬

took him to Laguna other day to watch the surfers, Huntington Beach last night, had bonfire …. Lil chilly but beautiful

all good things must end I guess…. Almost extended the trip another day… didn’t realize Yankees were in San Diego, too much going on… I’m usually all over that

so wonderful meeting you and rocking GA both nights in LA. Energy was great

say Hello to Bubba for us…. That’s a real dog, I’m rolling with a glorified mouse🤣… one who got into oatmeal this morning on the kitchen table 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Ahaha Bubba would probably do the same if he could manage it, but prefers less healthy options. Last month he ate the rest of a birthday cake off the counter and then drank stagnant rain water outside. This was soon followed by a trip to the emergency vet 🤦🏻‍♀️ Of course he bounced back the next day. 

Was so lovely meeting and spending time with both you and Seb! We’ll have to do it again in NYC. I just had a friend ask if I wanted to go to Ohana on Sunday, so I might just have to do that as well. Need more!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,901
    I went water skiing today and while filling up for gas my dog jumped ship. An hour later I realized I lost him.

Fortunately the mafia gas station guy has someone staying that knows me well enough to have fed my dog a hot dog and took good care of him.

Phew!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I went water skiing today and while filling up for gas my dog jumped ship. An hour later I realized I lost him.

Fortunately the mafia gas station guy has someone staying that knows me well enough to have fed my dog a hot dog and took good care of him.

Phew!
    You own a yacht to not know he was still there 🤣… glad he got a hot dog out of it, surprised the mafia guy didn’t hook it up with better cured meats 🙃

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,901

Happy to hear about your new musical instrument, lvan. My boater friend is so funny, every time he's allowed to dock n gas up, he does the Catholic cross thing outta respect? 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:

Happy to hear about your new musical instrument, lvan. My boater friend is so funny, every time he's allowed to dock n gas up, he does the Catholic cross thing outta respect? 
    Haha who told you? Omg just landed back @ JFK after a crazy time in Vegas/LA, I was happy it didn’t hit me in the face 🤣 someone got a good YouTube video, funny stuff… I don’t look like a cute lil kid, don’t know what Ed was thinking

Glad you got your lil guy back, he looks like a good water dogMaybe he was initiated , lil Paulie hot dogs. Hope it was a good day on the water… looking forward to boating season. Couldn’t believe how cold LA was
  • Options
    It’s like walking in Vegas and all around the OC in California took a toll

• Options
    Post vacation blues are real. Get that R&R little Kona 😴😌
  • Options
    The fish in cement had him fooled in Laguna 🥸… he was pawing at it for few minutes😜

It’s funny…. Prior to going away I’m so nice round the office… when I get back, stay away from me for a week 😬… I’m in no mood, I picked good week to come back though (short week), saw the Stones to ease me back to reality 

gonna play mega millions later… why can’t I be that shmuck who wins 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    ❤️ 
  • Options
    Oh I feel you. I had a couple family members tell me I’m “grumpy.” I thought I was fine? Hehe 😈
    Bubba had a play date today with his 5 cousins - one is his actual brother (yes, my sister has 5 dogs 😳). It was chaos, but he had a great time. Happy dog happy life, right?

Too tired to find a proper pillow

• Options
    Wow that is a thing of beauty😊 Bubba is so exhausted from it all ha ha ha. That’s great they can get together and run abound… do they go for swims? Kona loves doing laps at my sisters house… he goes in on his own 

great pics!!
  • Options
    soph189 said:
    Oh I feel you. I had a couple family members tell me I’m “grumpy.” I thought I was fine? Hehe 😈
    Bubba had a play date today with his 5 cousins - one is his actual brother (yes, my sister has 5 dogs 😳). It was chaos, but he had a great time. Happy dog happy life, right?

that’s awesome, soph!

where do you live?

seems a lot of PJ fans are living the good life.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    was it three weeks ago that Piper went to the ER vet? she recovered just fine but her leg was so swollen it burst an existing cyst. she now wears a little baby sock because, otherwise, she is obsessed with licking where it burst. I don’t know how long this sock thing is gonna last…

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:

that’s awesome, soph!

where do you live?

I live in SoCal, not too far from LA. Moved here a couple years ago from NYC (what was supposed to be a temporary move, but somehow still here). It’s nice to be near family and there’s a lot of room for Bubba to run around. But I miss the east coast so much. 

I’m so glad Piper’s leg is better, hope that area heals fully soon so she doesn’t have to wear that extra accessory. You must hear this a lot, but she’s an absolute stunner! 😍
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wow that is a thing of beauty😊 Bubba is so exhausted from it all ha ha ha. That’s great they can get together and run abound… do they go for swims? Kona loves doing laps at my sisters house… he goes in on his own 

great pics!!
    Aww I bet swimming Kona is a sight to behold! I need to see some footage next time. I wish Bubba and his cousins would have pool parties but only he and my sister’s Great Dane/GSD mix love the water. I think I’ll get him one of those bone shaped doggy pools for the summer so he can splash around safely as the weather heats up 😎
  • Options
    soph189 said:
    Wobbie said:
    soph189 said:

that’s awesome, soph!

where do you live?

I’m so glad Piper’s leg is better, hope that area heals fully soon so she doesn’t have to wear that extra accessory. You must hear this a lot, but she’s an absolute stunner! 😍
    Piper is at the vet, as we speak. My wife is pulling her hair out over the licking.

here’s Piper and her sister Winnie (her cousin, actually)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Oh no! Hope the vet can find a solution so it can heal w/o disturbance. Keep us updated. 
    Both are real beauties! Such lovely girls. 
  • Options
    just got the update. Piper’s leg is shaved all the way up and she’ll be on ‘roids.

more $$$$$.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited May 30
    Oof it really adds up. I’ve spent so much there this past year.
    Bubba has a sibling too- a 16 yr old whippet mix named Percy. He’s got an old man shuffle now, but still keeps pesky bro in check 
    He steals bubba’s big bed, like bubba used to do to him as a puppy 

• Options
    Cute!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,918
    Still terribly miss my Stewie. Not a day goes by I don’t think about him. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    its one of the worse feelings, they are with you all the time.......went thru it day after xmas 2022. Saw my mom later in the day, broke down like i was 5 years old

we waited 4 months to get back into the dog game, I was hesitant....the whole who can replace etc question. Been thru it before in 2007 also.... im glad i found my new friend, never forgetting about my boundless love for the ones that passed

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,918
    CROJAM95 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    its one of the worse feelings, they are with you all the time.......went thru it day after xmas 2022. Saw my mom later in the day, broke down like i was 5 years old

we waited 4 months to get back into the dog game, I was hesitant....the whole who can replace etc question. Been thru it before in 2007 also.... im glad i found my new friend, never forgetting about my boundless love for the ones that passed

I always appreciate your perspective on this. It certainly helps. 🙏🏼
  • Options
    edited June 5
    Kona loves going to the Harbor after I get home from work, it’s really nice to take him to see his buddies.. lots of dogs

he’s always being caught sleeping in weird positions 😬
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options