~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Poncier said:

This poor pooch (and my wallet) can’t catch a break.
    Sorry for this, hope whatever it is… gets better soon

shes a lil cutie

all the best my friend!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    Poncier said:

Oh man sorry to hear hope she/he recovers quickly and can get back to feeling good! Sending hugs 🤗 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    edited July 13
    Also in the 'pooches that can't catch a break' category, this is my little guy, Tony (short for Rigatoni). He dislocated his hip three months ago, and then it was discovered that he had necrosis of the femur in his hind right leg. He had surgery shortly after to cut out the ball joint entirely. Small dogs are quite miraculous - they can generate a 'false bone' out of tendon and ligaments, and about a month and a half later, he's doing great and regularly walking on four legs again (he was a tripod for a while). Sadly, three days ago, he was bitten on the head by a larger dog and had to get three stitches, so his donut of cuteness (better than the cone of shame) remains on for another two weeks. 

Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,893
    Oh boy. Best to Tony the Trooper
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    benjs said:
    Also in the 'pooches that can't catch a break' category, this is my little guy, Tony (short for Rigatoni). He dislocated his hip three months ago, and then it was discovered that he had necrosis of the femur in his hind right leg. He had surgery shortly after to cut out the ball joint entirely. Small dogs are quite miraculous - they can generate a 'false bone' out of tendon and ligaments, and about a month and a half later, he's doing great and regularly walking on four legs again (he was a tripod for a while). Sadly, three days ago, he was bitten on the head by a larger dog and had to get three stitches, so his donut of cuteness (better than the cone of shame) remains on for another two weeks. 

I do like the Donut of Cuteness. Wouldn't work for Willow as it's her eye again.
    Hope (Riga) Tony heals up fast, he's a cutie.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:

Sorry for this, hope whatever it is… gets better soon

shes a lil cutie

all the best my friend!
    Poncier said:

Oh man sorry to hear hope she/he recovers quickly and can get back to feeling good! Sending hugs 🤗 
    Thank you both. She's got a ridiculous regimen of 5 eye drops (2 of which are 6 times daily) plus one pain capsule (thank goodness for Greenies pill pockets), so the past 2 days have seemed like constant administering of drops. We bring her back Monday for a re-check. 
    benjs said:

Oh whoa poor Tony wishing him a speedy recovery hope from here on out it’s nothing but good health 😊
    Tony is very good lookin pup, hope he’s on the mend soon. Has similar nose/lips as my lil guy. 
    Kona messes with my sisters dog all day, instigates so he will play with him… after a few hours yesterday around the pool while we swam he needed a pillow 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    We’re getting ready to put our Twinkie to rest it’s been a tough time for her these last two weeks she’s got no control of her back legs and today she’s been having diarrhea since early this morning! She’s close to 15 years old and needs to rest my daughter has decided to have the service done here at home she wants her body cremated to keep her ashes, I don’t have anything else I can say we’ve been getting ready for this decision it’s the correct thing to do I can’t have my Twinkie suffering! Be well everyone hug your pooches 🐕 😔
    So sorry Jose. I kind of stay away from this thread so I missed this. We still think about our Stewie everyday. It’s extremely difficult. My thought are with you and your family. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    My hat was not destroyed, thankfully. 

www.myspace.com
    Folks we decided to adopt a rescue puppy she’s 3 months old mix retriever & lab we named her Flora! Excited but also bittersweet still miss my Twinkie, my daughter went to a yoga with puppies class 😀
    edited July 29
    Folks meet Flora she’s going to be a big girl 
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    She's really cute Jose
    www.myspace.com
    Wow Jose she is beautiful..... All the best for you guys!
    Hello Flora!
    You're going to have a wonderful life with Jose and his family.
    Thanks folks she really is adorable! Can’t wait to see what mischievous things she does 😂😂 my two cats are not thrilled with the new addition to the household but they’ll get used to her soon enough 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    Congrats, Jose. She is so cute.
    GlowGirl said:
    Sorry about multiple pictures but she’s a ham 
  • soph189soph189 Posts: 317
    Omgoodness she’s adorable! Love her face so much. Congrats on your new addition, Jose. Please keep posting photos as she grows ❤️
    soph189 said:
    Omgoodness she’s adorable! Love her face so much. Congrats on your new addition, Jose. Please keep posting photos as she grows ❤️
    Thanks! Will do 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863

did you get a free bowl of soup with that hat?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958

😂😂😂

The picture of innocence 😇😇😇😇

GlowGirl said:
    Congrats Jose and family.  She is a cutie. Flora will fill in a wee, tiny bit of the Twinkie-shaped hole in your ♥️ Jose.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

😂😂😂

The picture of innocence 😇😇😇😇

GlowGirl said:
    Congrats Jose and family.  She is a cutie. Flora will fill in a wee, tiny bit of the Twinkie-shaped hole in your ♥️ Jose.  
    Thanks! 
  • Mon petite chien

It’s only been 9 days since she arrived into our house! It’s def a big adjustment for us specially our to feline’s they are not too thrilled! So far so good I had to get a bigger cage for her training.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    Winnie has been at the Australian Shepherd Club of Utah show all weekend. She was shown 6 times and won 5 Best of Breeds and one Best of Opposite (runner up to a male). The other competitors must hate Winnie and my wife. Thing is, Winnie is just a goofy dog who happens to be well put together. At home, she loves to roll around on her back, bark at dogs on the TV and gallop around with toys in her mouth.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• This is Mabel, our 3ish year old rescue Schnoodle. She was described as feral when we first got her 2 years ago but she’s now a beautiful dog. 
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
    Hi Mabel.