Comments

• Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 260
    Kona living his best life. Love it!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,494
    soph189 said:
    Kona living his best life. Love it!
    My Uncle says it all the time, in his next life he wants to come back as an American Dog…. Spoiled for sure , but they make life better!

he’s been getting hooked up with treats  lately more than ever I’ve told him that he played a small role in helping get me into GA for LA1 😉 

• Options
    edited June 6
    😆 well you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals

There’s a dog bakery out here that I like to support and Bubba & Percy reap the benefits. They have so many fun treats, have to really control myself with the allocation or bubba will become blubber.  
    Post edited by soph189 on
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    I’m in Las Vegas. Hot AF here. Piper likes gazing out from the 3rd story (of our gjetto motel).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    back at the ghetto motel, after visiting friends who also have a dog. tired.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Wobbie said:

Are you protecting the couch from the dogs or the dogs from the couch?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Boxers are the best!

• Options
    Wobbie said:

It’s rough on them for sure… it was 100 the Friday between shows, we walked the whole strip… dry heat at over 100 still rough, Vegas was great time

hope the pup is on the mend!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Boxers are the best!

What a cutie! 
  • Options
    Getting dirty looks as I’m working 😬
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Sprinkler/fire protection?
    Maybe Kona is secretly a pyromaniac and wants those building to buuuuuurrrrn.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    HVAC....he loves Ice and AC blowing in his face. He's always trying to get into my line of sight to start paying attention to him. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    HVAC....he loves Ice and AC blowing in his face. He's always trying to get into my line of sight to start paying attention to him. 
    Ah, should have picked up on the diffusers and sussed that out, just went by the thin lines which are usually sprinkler lines and ducts are usually wider.

Yeah, I'm sure working from home is a foreign concept to our canine friends. They figure if you're there, you should be giving them your undivided attention.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    Ah, should have picked up on the diffusers and sussed that out, just went by the thin lines which are usually sprinkler lines and ducts are usually wider.

Yeah, I'm sure working from home is a foreign concept to our canine friends. They figure if you're there, you should be giving them your undivided attention.
    am I speaking to the initiated?  ;) haha...its a shitty design, budget for an upcoming CM Job. Ive been in the business since 2011. Prior was in Import/Export Marble/Tile for a Spanish company....Got an offer from someone opening his own shop, took time off and went to PJ20, been cranking away since. 95% Commercial/ Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens/ Long Island.... Most PM stuff/ estimating too, work with Engineers/Architects in developing projects too ...interesting with all the LEED environmental changes.  
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Poncier said:

am I speaking to the initiated?  ;) haha...its a shitty design, budget for an upcoming CM Job. Ive been in the business since 2011. Prior was in Import/Export Marble/Tile for a Spanish company....Got an offer from someone opening his own shop, took time off and went to PJ20, been cranking away since. 95% Commercial/ Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens/ Long Island.... Most PM stuff/ estimating too, work with Engineers/Architects in developing projects too ...interesting with all the LEED environmental changes.  
    I'm on the finish side of things, usually working with architectural drawings not mechanicals, but I do always have to check the MEP's in case anything affects my scope.
    Been doing commercial estimating/project management most of my adult life.

• Options
    cool, i enjoy the design side. I look at architectural's  for Reflected ceiling plans, high slab projects. We've done some major projects in and around Manhattan. Some of these companies take multiple floors, few years later they move out...new tenant comes in, guts it....crazy all the waste

we do NDA bids also...have to sign my life away. Company about to take 5 floors in midtown, cant let anyone know.....Stock usually goes up.
  • Options

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ^Bookends
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,489
    edited June 14
    Haven't posted here in years, but just wanted to share than Petey and Rice are still pretty useless. 

Post edited by crookedcross on
  • Options
    Let sleeping dogs lie.
  • Options
    Haven't posted here in years, but just wanted to share than Petey and Rice are still pretty useless. 

useless except for unconditional love and filling your life with joy (I hope). ❤️

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

useless except for unconditional love and filling your life with joy (I hope). ❤️
    Was just being sarcastic. They are much older now though, so they are as lazy as couch pillows nowadays. Plus my allergies have gotten much worse so that limits my wrestling with them. I now have kids, one too young to enjoy them, but the other would probably have a fall apart when the time comes. They are 11 and still pretty healthy and going strong though all things considered. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    We’re getting ready to put our Twinkie to rest it’s been a tough time for her these last two weeks she’s got no control of her back legs and today she’s been having diarrhea since early this morning! She’s close to 15 years old and needs to rest my daughter has decided to have the service done here at home she wants her body cremated to keep her ashes, I don’t have anything else I can say we’ve been getting ready for this decision it’s the correct thing to do I can’t have my Twinkie suffering! Be well everyone hug your pooches 🐕 😔
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    We’re getting ready to put our Twinkie to rest it’s been a tough time for her these last two weeks she’s got no control of her back legs and today she’s been having diarrhea since early this morning! She’s close to 15 years old and needs to rest my daughter has decided to have the service done here at home she wants her body cremated to keep her ashes, I don’t have anything else I can say we’ve been getting ready for this decision it’s the correct thing to do I can’t have my Twinkie suffering! Be well everyone hug your pooches 🐕 😔
    I'm so sorry, Jose. I had to do this for one of my cats last year. Even though in your heart you know you are doing the right thing, it doesn't make it any easier. From the way you talk about your animals, I know Twinkie has had an amazing life and was loved very much.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    GlowGirl said:
    I'm so sorry, Jose. I had to do this for one of my cats last year. Even though in your heart you know you are doing the right thing, it doesn't make it any easier. From the way you talk about your animals, I know Twinkie has had an amazing life and was loved very much.

Thanks GG that means a lot to me! Twinkie was there for us when we put down my Sparkels she was our comforter companion and specially when I was sick and after my surgery she was my comfort blanket so I’m a mess right now but I know I want her to just rest ohh man I’m so sad 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jose I’m so sorry for you & your family… I hope you guys find peace. The back legs also went out for our lil Matty back in 2022, oh man just hearing that brought it back. I know your not far from me, sending vibes your way

15/16 years goes too fast

we also had matty cremated… I tap his lil box every morning before work and before I go to sleep
  • Options
    Oh no!
    Poor Twinkie. I'm so sorry to hear this Jose.
    Take comfort that you gave Twinkie a great life. My Willow just turned 15. Someone needs to develop a serum that allows dogs to live longer...a lot longer.
    You guys are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    terrible news but you can’t do much better than 15 years. a tough decision for sure but we all kind of know when “it’s time” 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Was just being sarcastic. They are much older now though, so they are as lazy as couch pillows nowadays. Plus my allergies have gotten much worse so that limits my wrestling with them. I now have kids, one too young to enjoy them, but the other would probably have a fall apart when the time comes. They are 11 and still pretty healthy and going strong though all things considered. 
    I knew you were being sarcastic. I can talk shit about our dogs, too, but we love them to death.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Damn. Sorry for your loss, man. 15 years is a lot of love.