~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

I am also in love. So cute. Gosh, I wish the puppy thing lasted longer (the look of the puppy, not the behavior). Meeka Mae - I love it.

couldn't agree more.... here was Sophie

Sophie4-30-1101 photo Sophie4-30-1101_zps1453c6dd.jpg
    Cuteness overload. You just want to squeeze Sophie. And kiss her. (Lisa ate a hunk of her crate bed yesterday and pooped orange foam today. Just to put the puppy thing in perspective.)
  • PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

I am also in love. So cute. Gosh, I wish the puppy thing lasted longer (the look of the puppy, not the behavior). Meeka Mae - I love it.

Oh my god that might be the cutest puppy I have seen.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    PJSiren said:

We might be getting a new puppy! We found one that both my hubby and I want, I think so we're going to discuss it further tonight...adoption of course, she's so cute, she's a corgi/spitz mix. Her name is Meeka Mae....and I am in love...lol

ooo ooo ooo! I hope you get her!!

puppies are at their best when the "off" switch is on. RIP sweet Gracie....she would have turned 7 last week.

photo IMG_1721_zpsfqulb6zd.jpg

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    hehe thanks! I hope we do too!!! And OMG, Gracie was adorable! I love when they lay like that...Autzen does that...lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive said:

puppies are at their best when the "off" switch is on. RIP sweet Gracie....she would have turned 7 last week.

photo IMG_1721_zpsfqulb6zd.jpg

i miss Gracie to ! i still think about the time i got to play with her...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Enkidu said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

Cuteness overload. You just want to squeeze Sophie. And kiss her. (Lisa ate a hunk of her crate bed yesterday and pooped orange foam today. Just to put the puppy thing in perspective.)
    awe... poor Lisa...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

So heartbroken. My hubby called about the puppy today about filling out the application for adoption and they said they aren't accepting applications for her...I don't know if that means they already found her a home or what...he said they were very brief...but I am very disappointed, I wanted to get her so bad!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

So heartbroken. My hubby called about the puppy today about filling out the application for adoption and they said they aren't accepting applications for her...I don't know if that means they already found her a home or what...he said they were very brief...but I am very disappointed, I wanted to get her so bad!

:bawling:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    boooooo

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJSiren said:

That stinks! I hope another dog picks you and your hubby very soon.
  • Awww! I hope guys get Meeka Mae!! She's adorable!!
    Enkidu said:

PJSiren said:

That stinks! I hope another dog picks you and your hubby very soon.
    I hope so too! Autzen needs a friend!
  • Boomer is in heaven. We had Ribs tonight so he is in the corner munching on a bone.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

Boomer is in heaven. We had Ribs tonight so he is in the corner munching on a bone.

why is Ribs capitalized? McRibs, maybe. Standard ribs, no.

happy for Boomer, tho!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    if Piper was a cartoon villian, her name would be The Shredder.

photo IMG_0779_zpsobqxx55a.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

if Piper was a cartoon villian, her name would be The Shredder.

photo IMG_0779_zpsobqxx55a.jpg

:lol:

that is what you get when you ignore her!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    someone needs to get piper a herd to shepherd before rob runs out of tp
  • imalive said:

cdysinge said:

Boomer is in heaven. We had Ribs tonight so he is in the corner munching on a bone.

happy for Boomer, tho!

They were really, really good ribs. Had that plus some shrimp and steak fries from Texas Roadhouse. It was the anniversary at home. We had agreed a while ago to celebrate on Saturday. I have a sitter lined up for the whole day so it should make her happy and that is all I really want. Neither of us wanted to cook last night and neither felt right asking the other on that day so we did the next best thing. Got the kids McDonalds and Roadhouse to go for us. After the kids went to bed we reheated it, smoked a bowl together and watched trouble with the curve while pigging out. It was actually not a bad anniversary day considering how simple it was.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge said:

imalive said:

cdysinge said:

happy for Boomer, tho!

They were really, really good ribs. Had that plus some shrimp and steak fries from Texas Roadhouse. It was the anniversary at home. We had agreed a while ago to celebrate on Saturday. I have a sitter lined up for the whole day so it should make her happy and that is all I really want. Neither of us wanted to cook last night and neither felt right asking the other on that day so we did the next best thing. Got the kids McDonalds and Roadhouse to go for us. After the kids went to bed we reheated it, smoked a bowl together and watched trouble with the curve while pigging out. It was actually not a bad anniversary day considering how simple it was.

This sounds like an awesome anniversary day!
    We found a Puppy!!! It's a little girl...I am so excited, I will post pics and more info later, but I just had to share!!! :smiley:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Congrats!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited April 2015

She's a heeler, white with brown spots, 2.5 months old and we decided to name her Pearl....she's just so sweet and playful, I am so in love....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Congratulations! And that nose. Looks like she has gentle eyes too.

Here's to the betterment of lives - theirs and ours - with this kind of love.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pearl's a beaut...congrats!
    PJSiren said:

She's a heeler, white with brown spots, 2.5 months old and we decided to name her Pearl....she's just so sweet and playful, I am so in love....

YAY!!!!!!!! :joy:

we will be expecting many puppy pics!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJSiren said:

what a cutie

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Thank guys....she is a delight and it's only been one afternoon...lol here are a few more pics...

Tattooed Dissident!
    Super cute - love her coloring.
  • PJSiren said:

Aw!!! A Red Heeler!! Sooooooo cute!!! Fair warning.. I would be a total shithead, if I did not tell you to start training now! Like NOW. These guys are highly energetic and very mentally agile. They can actually 'problem solve'.they are one of the few breeds that can! Soooooooooooo. My suggestion?? Lots of walks, make Autzen engage in the teaching by asking him to do things first. ( by that I mean work with both dogs together, when you ask Autzen to sit for example and he then gets a treat etc, Pearl will pick that up. Dogs are inter-habitual meaning they share traits). And DAILY walks!! Like every single day.. Regardless!!! These dogs were literally bred and designed to run cattle on drives.. And having been in tons of real cattle drives, I can tell you... It's not a short trip per day.. We'd easily cover 15-20 miles a day, and the dogs outwork the horses by tens!! So your little girl is going to need LOTS AND LOTS of physical and mental engagement!!!! ( even that, is kind of an understatement !! Lol) so there's the work warning.. Now got the promise.,

So.. Having gotten the 'you're gonna experience some crazy, how the fuck is it possible that this dog did THAT',warning.... Once it has been established in the house hold, THAT dog will become a household treasure. Not that Autzen isn't just, Heelers have a way of shocking the shit out of people with what they can be taught and how fast. We had our Heeler taught to bring us the car keys, his leash, the wolf dogs, THEIR leashes, and yes he knew which ones were his, Momo's AND Ace's.. He also knew which car was which. We could tell him Winston go wait in the Buick, or go wait in the work truck, or go wait in the POS.. And he knew which vehicle to jump into the window of.. Once we had all the windows rolled up in the Buick so he just jumped onto the car.. And waited on top of the trunk.. :-) so they are extremely smart, extremely hard workers. And Rob.. Get ready to love Piper a bit more.. PJ Siren just got a dog to top yours on the destruction level, quite possibly!! Hahahaha!! But that will be THE most insanely loyal, smart and mind blowing dog you'll ever own!!! You have my number, so if you need any help.. You may call or text.. But I think you got the best doggie possible!! So happy for you guys!!

Oh and walk the doggies TOGETHER!! It establishes order. :-)
    Thank you for all the info and tips! It's definitely appreciated...we watched puppy 101 about them last night also for some good info...we can tell she's going to be a handful...lol but it should be fun! She's just such a doll baby....she whined at bedtime last night so this is how we had to sleep....

Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

Thank you for all the info and tips! It's definitely appreciated...we watched puppy 101 about them last night also for some good info...we can tell she's going to be a handful...lol but it should be fun! She's just such a doll baby....she whined at bedtime last night so this is how we had to sleep....

Aw!! You got a 'Betty"!!! ( that's my younger sister's Heeler. She's just called the Queensland Heeler cause she has no special markings..). She was an insecure little thing too!! ( kinda still is.. But now that Jack lives with his human dad, and Betty only has the pug to contend with, she's getting better). Handful is putting it nicely with some of these dogs in this breed, She's seemingly submissive, and sweet natured so as I can in pics.. But you're going to be blown away by this dog!! Julia, ( younger sister) was allllll about the Pit Bulls, til she met Melissa's ( older sister) BlueHeeler, Winston. HE was a handful, but the smartest little dog ever!!!! ( remind me one day to tell YA the peeing through the screen door story! Winston was amazing!) s d Julia literally four days after we left Colorado (we were visiting then), she went and made her husband ( ex now) buy her a Heeler puppy. And now, in the divorce she took Betty, and Ronnie took Jack, though Jack goes back and forth s lot.