~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• It was short notice and I'm being lazy today. My kids took that on my phone to put a hat and glasses on him through an app. I will find a much better photo tomorrow,
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Enkidu said:

Loving Boomer. Loving rescues, too. People always stop John when he's walking Lisa and say dumb stuff like, "She must be expensive." John always says, "She's a rescue. Go to a rescue. If you want a German shepherd, find a German shepherd rescue. If you want a poodle, find a poodle rescue. Or go to a shelter and get a fabulous mutt."

Does Sophie ever catch the squirrels she chases?

no, she has never caught a squirrel...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    PJ_ROCKS said:
    Steven Spielberg has competition.....or not.

:wave:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    we got snow yesterday....it's gone this morning....but Piper got to play in it, thanks to her dad. :smiley:

photo IMG_0435_zps0tv3kx6h.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Enkidu said:

Loving Boomer. Loving rescues, too. People always stop John when he's walking Lisa and say dumb stuff like, "She must be expensive." John always says, "She's a rescue. Go to a rescue. If you want a German shepherd, find a German shepherd rescue. If you want a poodle, find a poodle rescue. Or go to a shelter and get a fabulous mutt."

Does Sophie ever catch the squirrels she chases?

no, she has never caught a squirrel...
    Most of our dogs have chased squirrels. I always thought our dog Riley would catch one because of his technique. He used to slowly creep up on them like some kind of jungle cat.

The only one who ever CAUGHT a squirrel was my boy Django. He got one by the tail as it was going through our chain link fence, so it was half in half out. Glenn made Django let it good. He said he couldn't see anything good coming of it. :lol:

Penny has no interest. She would rather bark at the neighborhood cats.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • imalive said:

we got snow yesterday....it's gone this morning....but Piper got to play in it, thanks to her dad. :smiley:

Gorgeous pic!!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

imalive said:

Gorgeous pic!!
    Yup, gorgeous doggy!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Lizard Hunting????? Well I never....
    I am RIGHT here Norm.. silly dog. :waves:

Rob.. Piper is so darned cute...
    norm said:

PJSiren said:

Instagram embeds here? How? I don't know how to post from IG to here...

yep...just copy and paste the link

norm on lizard patrol
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Piper is gorgeous. What breed/s?

Boomer is in deep shit today with my wife. He got into the trash going after all the half eaten food from the kids and made a huge mess. He's sleeping in a pile of laundry trying to look all innocent.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

Piper is gorgeous. What breed/s?

Boomer is in deep shit today with my wife. He got into the trash going after all the half eaten food from the kids and made a huge mess. He's sleeping in a pile of laundry trying to look all innocent.

Piper is a 40 lb Australian Shepherd. She is a lovable little shit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Australian shepherds are so beautiful. I love their eyes. Piper could be a model. A dog model.

John finally posted this on YouTube so I can share. It's right after we got back from church on Easter and Lisa had an attack of the frenzies. (The music is the overture to Candide - kind of fitting for the frenzies.) The ending is the best part. Watch Lisa's tail. And the Starbucks cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X5DwFpdxuo&feature=em-share_video_user

• Hahaha!!
    Enkidu said:

Australian shepherds are so beautiful. I love their eyes. Piper could be a model. A dog model.

John finally posted this on YouTube so I can share. It's right after we got back from church on Easter and Lisa had an attack of the frenzies. (The music is the overture to Candide - kind of fitting for the frenzies.) The ending is the best part. Watch Lisa's tail. And the Starbucks cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X5DwFpdxuo&feature=em-share_video_user

awesome !

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive said:

yay

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited April 2015
    Lisa wanted some coffee and did it all as a rouse to try and spill it.

I don't think Boomer would know what to do in snow. Its kind of cruel to keep a husky in the desert. I will get a video of him at the local preserve this weekend to share. They have this big creek he loves to go flying through up and down splashing as he goes. The water in the creek is pumped in and is clean. I learned the hard way the water in the little man made lake has fish and ducks and such is not clean. Last time he decided to jump in the lake. I had to gag the whole drive home with that nasty fish/duck poop smell until I could get him home for a bath. I will keep his leash tight now when we are near the lake.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • The doggies I'm here socializing. Total five minute job. All the people just had to chill out Ansley the older dogs help out with getting the two pups in order.. All is well here now. The cutest collection of doggies!!
    The mini Daschound, and I one the Chuckles might be in this one..( chuckles, Chiuahua/Jack Russel mixes).
    The Chuckles, are brothers.. And the tiny one, Toby starter all the shit here that got me called here!! It's always the little ones!!
    This is D.O.G. He's Chow/Dingo, and my right hand dog here. He's a service dog.
    The Paperanian, Bessie, she's adorable and I'm grooming her while I'm here.
    This is Toby.. The itty bitty fucker that started all the shit!! Lol my sister Melissa is holding him.
    This is me holding him:
  • So, while I'm here I'm here I'm trying to help out as I can. This is the beatest ministry I have ever seen. These are homeless people, and their pets.. Everyone gets a room with a bathroom and shower. They share a kitchen and a yard.. Hence needing the help with getting the doggies to get along. But all the residents are disabled, and just need that hand up, you know. It's been amazing how much they appreciate the help.. And they all have the cutest pets!! In animal heaven here!!

So, while I'm here I'm here I'm trying to help out as I can. This is the beatest ministry I have ever seen. These are homeless people, and their pets.. Everyone gets a room with a bathroom and shower. They share a kitchen and a yard.. Hence needing the help with getting the doggies to get along. But all the residents are disabled, and just need that hand up, you know. It's been amazing how much they appreciate the help.. And they all have the cutest pets!! In animal heaven here!!

Great photos. I'm glad everybody gets along. (I love the smile on D.O.G.'s face.)
  • So, while I'm here I'm here I'm trying to help out as I can. This is the beatest ministry I have ever seen. These are homeless people, and their pets.. Everyone gets a room with a bathroom and shower. They share a kitchen and a yard.. Hence needing the help with getting the doggies to get along. But all the residents are disabled, and just need that hand up, you know. It's been amazing how much they appreciate the help.. And they all have the cutest pets!! In animal heaven here!!

You are an amazing individual.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    another video taken today, showing off her tricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cSDtG-uVK0

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

So, while I'm here I'm here I'm trying to help out as I can. This is the beatest ministry I have ever seen. These are homeless people, and their pets.. Everyone gets a room with a bathroom and shower. They share a kitchen and a yard.. Hence needing the help with getting the doggies to get along. But all the residents are disabled, and just need that hand up, you know. It's been amazing how much they appreciate the help.. And they all have the cutest pets!! In animal heaven here!!

You do such wonderful things! :smiley:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Okay. I post video of my dog being the biggest being spaz-o in the world and your video makes me want to cry. We're still trying to teach Lisa to drop the ball when she brings it back to us. Sigh.

Sophie is one gorgeous dog. And obviously well-trained. Were there knocked over Starbucks cups and eaten wallets in her past?
  • Enkidu said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Okay. I post video of my dog being the biggest being spaz-o in the world and your video makes me want to cry. We're still trying to teach Lisa to drop the ball when she brings it back to us. Sigh.

Sophie is one gorgeous dog. And obviously well-trained. Were there knocked over Starbucks cups and eaten wallets in her past?
    Try a different technique with Lisa if the normal way with treats doesnt work. Boomer hates dog treats. He was flunking training classes until I asked if I could try a celebratory hug instead of treats and it did the trick. It turns out he is just an attention whore and will do anything for some loves.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

Try a different technique with Lisa if the normal way with treats doesnt work. Boomer hates dog treats. He was flunking training classes until I asked if I could try a celebratory hug instead of treats and it did the trick. It turns out he is just an attention whore and will do anything for some loves.
    Those are the best!! My sister's Mini Heeler, Winston was like that! He was the most FUN and aggravating ( he was very smart, and stubborn. He was also
    that rare Alpha male. A true Alpha male.. ) dog ever to work with!!
  • PJ_ROCKS said:

I love it!! She's so attentive, and sharp!!! And you can see her trying to guess what he wants next!! Very very smart doggie! :smiley:
  • Can i ask for some guidance. How do I get Boomer to stop trying to sniff every rock, blade of grass, tree and inanimate object on his walks. I support him sniffing and peeing on things as he is a dog but it has gotten so bad no one else will walk him in the house. It literally takes 30 minutes to go a couple of blocks. He is progressively getting worse. I end up dragging him and I hate doing that as I dont want to hurt him
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge said:

Can i ask for some guidance. How do I get Boomer to stop trying to sniff every rock, blade of grass, tree and inanimate object on his walks. I support him sniffing and peeing on things as he is a dog but it has gotten so bad no one else will walk him in the house. It literally takes 30 minutes to go a couple of blocks. He is progressively getting worse. I end up dragging him and I hate doing that as I dont want to hurt him

First off start with ground rules. One, practice sitting, laying down, etcetera, in the house, as well as in the backyard, front yard.. Everywhere. Just randomly make him practice obedience. When you have his attention. Start practicing walking under command. Meaning the dog has to focus on you, not the ground or trees.. Once you have him sitting lying down, staying in command efficiently, start improving your walk by starting out with the dog sitting, in order to get his leash put on. Then he has to remain sitting while you open the door. He has to be 'invited' outside. This sets a precedence that he is following you.. Not you following him.. As he gets better at that, start incorporating that he has to keep his head up and moving forward..do this by keeping his collar up on the very top of his neck. Directly under his jowls. And walk briskly like that, however try to remain relaxed, command that forward travel without pause.. Just keep going. When YOU're ready to stop, then he can sniff etc. this is migration
    Mode fit a dog, and once they settle into that mode they get it really quickly! Good luck, and I hope that helps some.