• The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • And there's the other one, Wolfie, to the left and Princess again on the right.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/HeinekenHelen/Miscellaneous/Untitled_Page_1_Image_0001-4.jpg
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432

Soooo cute! Tell us about them!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I Y Lukin!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Soooo cute! Tell us about them!!!

oxc
    well they're actually my sisters dogs. Wolfie's the eldest, they got him when they were still living with me and were there for about a year. Then they decided to move home to Cavan, so Princess (a king charles cavalier) was a gift for my niece to soften the blow. Then cos my sister and my niece each had one, her boyfriend had to get one too... so they got Bran (a German Shephard). These pics were last Christmas... wolfie (he's the best, he's the most human of the lot) and Princess (she really lives up to her name) haven't grown much but Bran's almost full size now and taking over. Him and Wolfie get on brilliantly til one of us looks out the door and then they start fighting with eachother :D . They're both terrified of Princess :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    well they're actually my sisters dogs. Wolfie's the eldest, they got him when they were still living with me and were there for about a year. Then they decided to move home to Cavan, so Princess (a king charles cavalier) was a gift for my niece to soften the blow. Then cos my sister and my niece each had one, her boyfriend had to get one too... so they got Bran (a German Shephard). These pics were last Christmas... wolfie (he's the best, he's the most human of the lot) and Princess (she really lives up to her name) haven't grown much but Bran's almost full size now and taking over. Him and Wolfie get on brilliantly til one of us looks out the door and then they start fighting with eachother :D . They're both terrified of Princess :D

Thanks for sharing Helen! She has 3 dogs!!! Wow....I did that once for a bit...it was really hard, but all three were rescues...and had issues. Sounds like their Auntie LOVES THEM! Do you bring them gifts when you visit???

We are at the point of thinking about adding a female Doberman to our clan...in a year. Petey could really use a playmate that is like him. Other dogs don't "get him" so we don't go to the doggie park anymore.

How do those of you with multiple dogs like having more then one....do you think the dog has a better quality of life if he isn't an only dog?

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Thanks for sharing Helen! She has 3 dogs!!! Wow....I did that once for a bit...it was really hard, but all three were rescues...and had issues. Sounds like their Auntie LOVES THEM! Do you bring them gifts when you visit???

We are at the point of thinking about adding a female Doberman to our clan...in a year. Petey could really use a playmate that is like him. Other dogs don't "get him" so we don't go to the doggie park anymore.

How do those of you with multiple dogs like having more then one....do you think the dog has a better quality of life if he isn't an only dog?

oxc
    well Bran and Princess are well bred... they paid 400euro for Princess but Wolfie's a cross between a lab and curly haired retriever. I was happy for him when they got Princess cos the two of them got on great, yeh she'd annoy him a good bit but she'd sit on his head and stuff if he was lying down :D . Now Bran's kinda upset things a bit cos he's stepping on wolfie's turf and wolfie seems depressed a bit these days :( . Also cos he's a playful puppy but HUGE, poor wee princess has to defend herself against his playing which can get too much for her. They shoulda stopped with 2 :( . Bran's a GREAT guarddog though... my sister can't even go to the line (or me when II'm there) and he's right at your heels. He NEVER goes past the fence unless you're going for a walk and he just trots along behind ya. If he DOES go out, he comes right back when called. Wolfie can't be let out like this cos he's not well trained so he IS tied up a good bit of the time and let out at night.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i love my doggie :cool:
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    Helen, I think two is more then enough.....I still have to talk hubby into the second one...he has a bad taste in his mouth after having the last three. He ADORES Petey....so it helps my case. Dobermans are soooo smart that they are easy to be around. Petey is also a mans dog, huge too, around 100# at a year old and he....loves to wrestle and play hard, so he fits right in my house of males.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Helen, I think two is more then enough.....I still have to talk hubby into the second one...he has a bad taste in his mouth after having the last three. He ADORES Petey....so it helps my case. Dobermans are soooo smart that they are easy to be around. Petey is also a mans dog, huge too, around 100# at a year old and he....loves to wrestle and play hard, so he fits right in my house of males.

oxc
    Yep, I'd agree that 2 is a good number and preferably 2 around the same sizes cos big puppy plays too rough with little puppy and you could have a BIG problem :o . Luckily that hasn't been the case yet and she's well able to look after herself but they're a very placid breed so she shouldn't have to :o . She'd be quite happy just sitting on your lap all day. Wolfie's a typical man... sighs a lot and I've even caught him rolling his eyes :D . Bran's just too playful... maybe he'll calm down soon.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yep, I'd agree that 2 is a good number and preferably 2 around the same sizes cos big puppy plays too rough with little puppy and you could have a BIG problem :o . Luckily that hasn't been the case yet and she's well able to look after herself but they're a very placid breed so she shouldn't have to :o . She'd be quite happy just sitting on your lap all day. Wolfie's a typical man... sighs a lot and I've even caught him rolling his eyes :D . Bran's just too playful... maybe he'll calm down soon.

he he he....you crack me up! I can't imagine what it will be like to have a female dog....shouldn't have more then one male when you have a Dobie...they can fight...and it can get very ugly. I hear the females Dobies are real b**ches.....and will end up a daddies girl for sure. I know in my heart...Petey needs a playmate and companionship when we aren't home.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

What a sweetheart...wheaton? What a fantastic place for an anniversary celebration. I just love Maine. I lived there a long time ago, and now go back to visit at least once a year. I've stayed all the up the coast from Campobello Island down to Kport. My sister lives inland, in Bridgetown, so we visit her as well.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:

oxc
    I have four and I love it. I'd probably have more if I could but I think my husband would run away.

When I was growing up, we had two dogs but they didn't get along. I didn't understand the pack mentality at the time to have even tried to figure out what was wrong and I still couldn't say for sure, so to be able to have what is essentially a small pack that get along and are happy together is so fantastic. We were a little concerned when we decided to get smaller dogs because we knew that the pits like to play hard. That's why we decided against getting Chihuahuas (that's what my husband wanted originally). So we went with the Boston Terrier because they are much sturdier small dog and they have a bully/terrier personality that we thought would mesh well with the pits. The Bostons have been a great addition since Kali, who is 13 years old, doesn't move and play like she used to, so now Levi(7 yrs) has some buddies to play with. And if Levi isn't in the mood to play, then the Bostons wrestle with each other.
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    What a sweetheart...wheaton? What a fantastic place for an anniversary celebration. I just love Maine. I lived there a long time ago, and now go back to visit at least once a year. I've stayed all the up the coast from Campobello Island down to Kport. My sister lives inland, in Bridgetown, so we visit her as well.

oxc

Yes, she's a wheaten and she has more personality than all the other dogs I've ever had combined.

My wife always went to Old Orchard when she was little, so she has a sentimental connection to there. I'm not a big fan during the summer when it's busy, but it was absolutely fantastic there this past weekend. A lot of shops and stuff were closed, but it was so peaceful and the weather couldn't have been better. We drove back to Albany through rural NH and Vermont and the foliage was beautiful.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Yes, she's a wheaten and she has more personality than all the other dogs I've ever had combined.

My wife always went to Old Orchard when she was little, so she has a sentimental connection to there. I'm not a big fan during the summer when it's busy, but it was absolutely fantastic there this past weekend. A lot of shops and stuff were closed, but it was so peaceful and the weather couldn't have been better. We drove back to Albany through rural NH and Vermont and the foliage was beautiful.

Terriers are well known for their BIG PERSONALITIES! My mom had a Jack for close to 17 years, shes been gone a few months and we really miss her. Were there any seals while you were at the beach? The leaves in NH must have been magical!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    he he he....you crack me up! I can't imagine what it will be like to have a female dog....shouldn't have more then one male when you have a Dobie...they can fight...and it can get very ugly. I hear the females Dobies are real b**ches.....and will end up a daddies girl for sure. I know in my heart...Petey needs a playmate and companionship when we aren't home.

oxc
    Awww well get him one. Even if you got a puppy it's amazing how quickly they can adapt.

Luckily wolfie's been 'fixed' :o poor guy but when Princess is in heat they have to keep her in her cage but Bran just sits outside drooling and whining and she has to growl at him to tell him to fuck off... he's quite pathetic actually, lol. I think they're gonna get him fixed too soon though and they're probably gonna breed Princess.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Helen, Petey will be one on Saturday....he won't be fixed for 6 more months...giving him time to fill out completely, it will lesson future problems in the hips and joints. I am working hubby HARD to get another one. I'm trying to find a breeder who will sell me a very well bred Euro dog even though I just want it as a pet, not for show or working...and I also want it to have natural ears and tail!!! So far no takers! I will find someone or I will be getting my dog from your side of the pond and flying her over....or maybe picking her up!

Puppies are so much fun!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Helen, Petey will be one on Saturday....he won't be fixed for 6 more months...giving him time to fill out completely, it will lesson future problems in the hips and joints. I am working hubby HARD to get another one. I'm trying to find a breeder who will sell me a very well bred Euro dog even though I just want it as a pet, not for show or working...and I also want it to have natural ears and tail!!! So far no takers! I will find someone or I will be getting my dog from your side of the pond and flying her over....or maybe picking her up!

Puppies are so much fun!

oxc
    :eek: that is an AWFUL amount of expense to go to. Well at least if you're picking her up, you can stay with me and save on accommodation :D

I love puppies... I'd absolutely love to get one myself. Actually every time I go home I wanna bring wolfie back with me... he's such a dude :D Sometimes he'll sit on your knee but only til he gets bored and then he jumps straight off and he'll ignore ya if you try to call him :D

I think I already mentioned here the time he pee'd on my bag... and I only knew cos he came into the room and couldn't make eye contact with me cos he looked SO guilty so I had to check and saw what he had done... as soon as I went into the room he walked towards the door cos he knew he'd be put out :D it was sooo cute and hilarious though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :eek: that is an AWFUL amount of expense to go to. Well at least if you're picking her up, you can stay with me and save on accommodation :D

I love puppies... I'd absolutely love to get one myself. Actually every time I go home I wanna bring wolfie back with me... he's such a dude :D Sometimes he'll sit on your knee but only til he gets bored and then he jumps straight off and he'll ignore ya if you try to call him :D

I think I already mentioned here the time he pee'd on my bag... and I only knew cos he came into the room and couldn't make eye contact with me cos he looked SO guilty so I had to check and saw what he had done... as soon as I went into the room he walked towards the door cos he knew he'd be put out :D it was sooo cute and hilarious though.

Euro Dobies here in the states go for BIG BUCKS! Very hard to find a good breeder. Mine charged a ton of $ and didn't do any of the health testing he should have, so I won't buy from him again. I will take you up on the offer if I do it!

Now about that peeing on your purse.....he was only marking his territory!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Euro Dobies here in the states go for BIG BUCKS! Very hard to find a good breeder. Mine charged a ton of $ and didn't do any of the health testing he should have, so I won't buy from him again. I will take you up on the offer if I do it!

Now about that peeing on your purse.....he was only marking his territory!

oxc
    :D I know... but it was hilarious cos straight away I knew something was up... I'd never seen him unable to make eye contact with me and he looked like, if he were human, he was gonna cry... he looked sooooooooooo guilty! He knew he'd done wrong... and done wrong to me, lol.

It would be fantastic to have you as a guest :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :D I know... but it was hilarious cos straight away I knew something was up... I'd never seen him unable to make eye contact with me and he looked like, if he were human, he was gonna cry... he looked sooooooooooo guilty! He knew he'd done wrong... and done wrong to me, lol.

It would be fantastic to have you as a guest :)

Thanks! I have to get over there some day....I wish that I could just travel with WPJam? now that would be fun!! I am such an ass for not going to the show in the UK. Hubby said do it, and I couldn't bare to leave Petey. My sons and hubby are not the best with a young puppy who needs to be watched 24/7.

I may have found a future puppy right here in the states! The breeder will be flying her dam over to the Netherlands to be bred...going to be a an awesome litter, if there is a pet quality red female....she may be mine!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Thanks! I have to get over there some day....I wish that I could just travel with WPJam? now that would be fun!! I am such an ass for not going to the show in the UK. Hubby said do it, and I couldn't bare to leave Petey. My sons and hubby are not the best with a young puppy who needs to be watched 24/7.

I may have found a future puppy right here in the states! The breeder will be flying her dam over to the Netherlands to be bred...going to be a an awesome litter, if there is a pet quality red female....she may be mine!

oxc
    :D oh that's excellent... well here's hoping she's the one :)

ah, we all wish we could travel like Bob :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    Here's a picture of our doggie, Maggie (& our daughter Molly)...

Maggie is a golden retriever...8 years old...very, very sweet and chill. She mostly lays around on our temperpedic mattress, but can play like a puppy when she wants to! Drying her off after she gets rained on/wet makes her run around the house like a crazy dog.

http://loyolamd.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31303346&l=a837d&id=20106445
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jocelyn wrote:

Maggie is a golden retriever...8 years old...very, very sweet and chill. She mostly lays around on our temperpedic mattress, but can play like a puppy when she wants to! Drying her off after she gets rained on/wet makes her run around the house like a crazy dog.

that's great pic!! :)
  • ringoringo Posts: 504
    jocelyn wrote:

Hey, that's my doggie and my baby! :D
    d'oh
  • I work at a Doggie Daycare - yep, yer jealous! :Dhttp://www.depawk9campus.com

I have 4 dogs now, don't have any pics online cause I'm revamping my website. Although Vegas has his own MySpace :p

http://www.myspace.com/vegipants

and I think there are a few of mine on my now-extinct Boutique's page:

http://www.myspace.com/rockstarpets (the Mini Pin isn't mine, btw)

ames
  • jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    ringo wrote:
    Hey, that's my doggie and my baby! :D

Puddy says "hi"!
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
    neenerbean wrote:
    I work at a Doggie Daycare - yep, yer jealous! :Dhttp://www.depawk9campus.com

I have 4 dogs now, don't have any pics online cause I'm revamping my website. Although Vegas has his own MySpace :p

http://www.myspace.com/vegipants

and I think there are a few of mine on my now-extinct Boutique's page:

http://www.myspace.com/rockstarpets (the Mini Pin isn't mine, btw)

ames

Hi neener! Pictures are required! Get to work!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Boom The Cat has a dog :)

His name is Winston and he means the world to me :D

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8339/winstonhx9.jpg
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c