http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8339/winstonhx9.jpg

cute little fella :)
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY PETEY!

DSC09403.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC09403.jpg

happy birthday from norm and i....:D:D
  • And from Winston and I :D
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • keelycankeelycan Posts: 409
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • keelycan wrote:

"I WANNA GO FOR A WALK!!!! I WANNA GO FOR A WALK!!!! I WANNA GO FOR A WALK!!!"
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC09403.jpg

Happy Birthday Petey!!

http://www.harrietcarter.com/resources/harrietCarter/images/products/processed/7537.zoom.a.jpg

love Jeanie & Lukin. xo :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!

Here is the big boy....all 96 pounds of him!
    DSC09428.jpg
    DSC09427.jpg

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!!

Here is the big boy....all 96 pounds of him!
    DSC09428.jpg
    DSC09427.jpg

oxc

You are most welcome. :)

Gee he's a magnificent looking dog. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:

OH! MY! GOD!!! :eek: Add a couple of heads and it's Fluffy!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETEY!!!!
    i was gone all weekend but didnt forget!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETEY!!!!
    i was gone all weekend but didnt forget!!! :D

Thank you auntie Sen!

Luv,
    Petey!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    Lukey pooks is going back to the vet. :(

I don't like my puppa being sick. :(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Piesnsauce/100_1586.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Piesnsauce/100_1585.jpg

Bub's gotta wear this thing for at least a week!! :(

I can't see it going so well. :o

Anybody have any tips on how we're gonna survive it?
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    ^^^^Soooooooo sorry Jeanie.....poor guy!!!! Give him lots of treats and loving!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    Jeanie wrote:
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Piesnsauce/100_1586.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Piesnsauce/100_1585.jpg

Bub's gotta wear this thing for at least a week!! :(

I can't see it going so well. :o

Anybody have any tips on how we're gonna survive it?

aww jeanie.....what happened?? :( can't give ya any advice since norm hasn't had to have the lampshade treatment...;)
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to BAILY!!!!

He and Petey are only a week apart in age! My big boy weighed in at 96 pounds on his birthday!!! I'm not sure that he is done either....

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    ^^^^Soooooooo sorry Jeanie.....poor guy!!!! Give him lots of treats and loving!

oxc

I'm giving him treats, but he's really struggling with the rawhide chews and I feel mean a bit, watching him chase them around and not be able to pick them up on account of the silly collar. :o

I got him a soft serve from McDonalds last night. He thought that was ok. But I can't give him one of them everyday.

He keeps bumping into everything, including my legs (OUCH!! :eek:) but I guess we gotta just persevere.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    cutback wrote:
    aww jeanie.....what happened?? :( can't give ya any advice since norm hasn't had to have the lampshade treatment...;)

oh he got this little skin irritation that he licked and chewed and scratched at until he's got himself all infected and made a right mess of himself. I tried to get him to stop but of course he wasn't listening to Mumma. :rolleyes: The vet really isn't sure what it is. He's already had 2 massive shots of steroid which basically did nothing, and I was putting cortizone cream on but he hates that and it did nothing either. They thought it might be wandering dew, which we have in the garden, but I've kept him well out of it since we first realized it might be that, so I can't see why it's getting worse. Mum's been harping on it being mange, but he had all the treatments for that. So I'm mystified. Well it seems we're all mystified.
    He's got several really bad spots on his legs that he's chewed raw. Especially on his ankle. And all his hair is shedding. I mean REALLY bad! :( It's everywhere. To be honest, I'm at my wits end. I just don't know what to do.
    But we've got this solution we have to bathe him in and he's been given a course of antibiotics, and of course his highly fetching head gear. So I guess now we just wait..................
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    aww poor lukin....:(......give him a hug from norm and i.....:o
    cutback wrote:
    aww poor lukin....:(......give him a hug from norm and i.....:o

Will do. :) Thanks. :)

Lukey says thanks too, well he would if he hadn't snuck off to mooch on my bed while I'm not watching! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Poor ol Lukin, he looks so sad Jeanie. I'm sure it'll do him fine in the end, and he's lucky he has you to take care of him.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    Poor ol Lukin, he looks so sad Jeanie. I'm sure it'll do him fine in the end, and he's lucky he has you to take care of him.

I tell you James, he is HIGHLY UNIMPRESSED, with both me and the collar. :o

I don't think it helps that I keep laughing at him. :o I mean not to be cruel, I just can't help it. It's pretty darn funny the way he has to manoeuvre himself in the damn thing. And some of the looks he's been giving me are priceless.

Not to mention he's starting to do chewbacca impersonations. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Jeanie wrote:
    I'm giving him treats, but he's really struggling with the rawhide chews and I feel mean a bit...

Ooooh...Rawhide is REALLY bad for dogs. It swells up in their stomachs and can cause some serious pain. We've banned rawhide from our lives forever. A good alternative is the Nylabone (the hard ones)...

Have you tried wrapping Lukin in a t-shirt? We put one on our dog Charley, when he "degloved" his chest on a tree branch on a fallen tree (yes, it's as gross as it sounds). We put him in a different shirt everyday, and he LOVED them! He was so proud to be prancing around the yard showing off his Montreal Canadiens shirt or his Gap shirt...it was funny...

Another of our dogs had a really bad skin condition that ended up being an allergy to rice (we fed her lamb and rice food)..so we had to switch to fish & potatoe...totally cleared up her bad skin...but it took us about five years and $1500 to figure out what the problem was. We were lucky...

PM if you want more info... Poor Lukin, I hope he feels better soon...
    be philanthropic
    Ooooh...Rawhide is REALLY bad for dogs. It swells up in their stomachs and can cause some serious pain. We've banned rawhide from our lives forever. A good alternative is the Nylabone (the hard ones)...

Have you tried wrapping Lukin in a t-shirt? We put one on our dog Charley, when he "degloved" his chest on a tree branch on a fallen tree (yes, it's as gross as it sounds). We put him in a different shirt everyday, and he LOVED them! He was so proud to be prancing around the yard showing off his Montreal Canadiens shirt or his Gap shirt...it was funny...

Another of our dogs had a really bad skin condition that ended up being an allergy to rice (we fed her lamb and rice food)..so we had to switch to fish & potatoe...totally cleared up her bad skin...but it took us about five years and $1500 to figure out what the problem was. We were lucky...

PM if you want more info... Poor Lukin, I hope he feels better soon...

Thanks. :) I'm fairly commited to the rawhide chews on account the vet said no bones and suggested the rawhide as an alternative. He does make quite a mess of bones. I'm loathe to try him on anything plastic because he would demolish it in a nanosecond and probably cut himself to bits internally. I've fiddled around with different rawhide chews and he does really well on the natural ones I get him with no adverse side effects that I can see. They're not huge and they pass quite readily. Trust me if he's not happy, he'd tell me. Plus I watch his input and output like a hawk. But I will try to find another alternative and limit them and see what that does. :)

hehe! :D Mum's all for dressing him up in a t shirt but I can't see it surviving the night! He really is excellent at chewing and nothing is sacred. I think this collar thing the vet's given him will stop him long enough for it to clear up with the help of the antibiotics but I'm SO GLAD you mentioned the rice! I've been making him his own food for a while now and have been wondering about the rice myself. I've started cutting down on the rice mix and using only brown rice. I should probably add more wholemeal pasta to his diet.
    I really think he's picked up whatever it is while traipsing about the bush with us. I just wish we could get the vet to work out what. I think we'll probably be taking him to a doggie dermatologist next. Whatever it is, I don't think it's contagious because I haven't got it so that kinda rules out scabies thankfully! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Yeah...we did that whole dermatologist thing, too. Waste of time. And money. Turned out the pooch was allergic to plants we don't even have in BC! Like, why not test for things in the dog's actual environment.

The rice thing happened by accident. She got a bit of a stomach thing (gastroenteristis) so the vet said to just feed her rice or cottage cheese. We went for the rice, and didn't the silly little thing puke it up shortly after eating some of it...This was immediately followed by intense scratching. Husband and I looked at each other - "Bingo!!" we screamed (because we finally figured it out after four years, I think it was)!! The fish & potato was a godsend because wow...cortizone shots, prednisone (which made her mean) none of that was cheap....Anyway, she lived to be 16 and we had to put her down in March 06, although she actually died before the vet could give her the lethal injection...But she had an awesome life and we take comfort in that.

I hope everything works out for Lukin and that he didn't get bit...just some sensitivity to something..ours used to gnaw herself raw, too...anywhere she could reach...but getting rid of the rice, that stopped the flea allergy, too...
    be philanthropic
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Jeanie wrote:
    Thanks. :) I'm fairly commited to the rawhide chews on account the vet said no bones and suggested the rawhide as an alternative. He does make quite a mess of bones. I'm loathe to try him on anything plastic because he would demolish it in a nanosecond and probably cut himself to bits internally. I've fiddled around with different rawhide chews and he does really well on the natural ones I get him with no adverse side effects that I can see. They're not huge and they pass quite readily. Trust me if he's not happy, he'd tell me. Plus I watch his input and output like a hawk. But I will try to find another alternative and limit them and see what that does. :)

hehe! :D Mum's all for dressing him up in a t shirt but I can't see it surviving the night! He really is excellent at chewing and nothing is sacred. I think this collar thing the vet's given him will stop him long enough for it to clear up with the help of the antibiotics but I'm SO GLAD you mentioned the rice! I've been making him his own food for a while now and have been wondering about the rice myself. I've started cutting down on the rice mix and using only brown rice. I should probably add more wholemeal pasta to his diet.
    I really think he's picked up whatever it is while traipsing about the bush with us. I just wish we could get the vet to work out what. I think we'll probably be taking him to a doggie dermatologist next. Whatever it is, I don't think it's contagious because I haven't got it so that kinda rules out scabies thankfully! :eek:

Ice used to end up red raw in the spring and summer from something and took the vet about 2 years to work it out. It ends up it was mites and instead of using the flea treatment she was getting they switched her to Advocate which gets mites as well. Cleared up almost straight away. The poor girl had to get skin scrapings and everything before they figured out what it was. She's a happy puppy now though. :)
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!