• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Cell phone pictures, not the best. I did get photobucket to work :D

Just saying hi

Photo01981-1.jpg

Photo02021.jpg

damn she's a beauty :mrgreen:

Can't tell if you're talking about the pup or the poster. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Stumbled upon this picture recently and it made me think, I can't wait to play in the snow with Zeke. :lol::lol:

snow15.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Well Trix, it has been a year. It feels like yesterday! I miss you so much! The leaves are starting to change and fall, i remember when i would go out and rake leaves you would sniff then run through the piles, making me do it all over. At first i would get mad but over the years i would just laugh. Sophie has started to do that, but she likes to eat the leaves. lol puppies huh. I know your watching over us, and i just want you to know that you are so missed and still so loved and will always be!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Well Trix, it has been a year. It feels like yesterday! I miss you so much! The leaves are starting to change and fall, i remember when i would go out and rake leaves you would sniff then run through the piles, making me do it all over. At first i would get mad but over the years i would just laugh. Sophie has started to do that, but she likes to eat the leaves. lol puppies huh. I know your watching over us, and i just want you to know that you are so missed and still so loved and will always be!!
    Anniversaries are hard. :cry:

Trix will always be in your heart as you make new memories with Sophie.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Sophie likes to play with sticks, well she found this stick, which is actually a tree root :lol:

Sophietreeroot.jpg

Pulling on it as if she can get it out, she just chews on it. :lol:

Sophietreeroot1.jpg

Another cell phone picture that is a little blurry, but getting ready for game day go Chargers oh and frog legs for senrock. A two in one shot i had to post!

Sophiegameday9-25-11.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Love this. Today is 6 weeks since Petey's passing. I do know your pain...AGAIN. I'm ok though...it is what it is. I can't change any of it, so acceptance is the only way forward. I'm happy you have a new girl to share YOURSELF with. Too much of a waste not to share all that wonderful love you have. She IS a beauty and I wish for you both many many happy healthy years!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    FINALLY GOT TO MEET SOME OF YOU DOGGIE PARENTS !
    it's been awesome!

PILATE in Vancouver... Played especially for us, I think! :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    haffajappa wrote:
    PILATE in Vancouver... Played especially for us, I think! :)

omg i LOVE this!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Another cell phone picture that is a little blurry, but getting ready for game day go Chargers oh and frog legs for senrock. A two in one shot i had to post!

Sophiegameday9-25-11.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Feeling a bit pooped, still recovering from a busy weekend, but the main prob last night was that Molly kept waking me up licking my neck - very kind of her to think of me in the middle of the night but I'm hoping she'll not bother tonight :roll:
    i just found this pic on my phone of Regal Beagal napping!!! i love him!!! :D
    beaglenap.jpg

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    guarding the valuables :lol:

2011-10-01_09-28-48_122.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    norm wrote:
    guarding the valuables :lol:

2011-10-01_09-28-48_122.jpg
    How come everyone got one of these except me??? :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    DSC05322.jpg
    Monty had a nice day with a friends dog. Zane spent the whole day with us. He and Monty get along great.

My son was attacked by a friends GS dog. Both his hands and wrists were covered with puncture marks, and his left wrist was broken. He was sleeping over the friends house and when he went to move the dog off the couch that is when he was attacked. The bite has been reported by the hospital. This isn't the first time the dog has bitten, I'm afraid he is going to really hurt someone the next time. My son is fine, it could have been worse if he was grabbed in the face.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC05322.jpg
    Monty had a nice day with a friends dog. Zane spent the whole day with us. He and Monty get along great.

My son was attacked by a friends GS dog. Both his hands and wrists were covered with puncture marks, and his left wrist was broken. He was sleeping over the friends house and when he went to move the dog off the couch that is when he was attacked. The bite has been reported by the hospital. This isn't the first time the dog has bitten, I'm afraid he is going to really hurt someone the next time. My son is fine, it could have been worse if he was grabbed in the face.

:o

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:

hate to say it, dog lover that I am, but that dog probably needs to go to dog heaven....or Cesar :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

hate to say it, dog lover that I am, but that dog probably needs to go to dog heaven....or Cesar :shock:
    I was thinking something similar. Any dog can bite under certain circumstances but this is extreme. Scary and sad.
    Any dog can bite under certain circumstances but this is extreme.
    I really don't think you could get gracie to bite, under any circumstance. :angel:

maybe when she gets old and ornery like me....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Any dog can bite under certain circumstances but this is extreme.
    I really don't think you could get gracie to bite, under any circumstance. :angel:

maybe when she gets old and ornery like me....
    I thought she already fit the ornery part. :P ;)

There was a local news story recently about a dog that lives near a golf course. Golfers see her on the greens all the time but she's very shy and won't let people near her. A lot of them bring food for her. They call her Tee Time. Supposedly she has very good golfer manners, doesn't bark when somebody's putting, etc. :lol:

Several weeks ago she got trapped in a drain pipe for a couple of days. One of the regulars there got in it and freed her but she bit him on the hand. He thought it was no big deal because she was scared. But since it was a public golf course the staff reported it to Animal Control, who went to a lot of trouble trying to catch Tee Time and quarantine her. They shot her with a tranquilizer dart on 2 occasions but she always got away.

Animal Control was planning to vaccinate her and let her be adopted. The community was in an uproar about how they were going about it. In the end they never did catch her and stopped trying because the quarantine period had passed. So Tee Time is still hanging out at the golf course. :mrgreen:

To make a short story long, even sweet dogs like Gracie might bite if they're injured or frightened. But a dog that bites someone's hands and wrists, making puncture marks and breaking a wrist, just for being moved off the couch--THAT is a problem dog.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    So scary when dogs bite - our old dog Ernst (part lab/part retriever) bit one of my son's friends in the face - didn't draw blood but scared the crap out of us and the kid. Turns out the kid had tried to steal Ernst's food dish when Ernst was eating. Ernst had had some training and he was super sweet, we right away got him more training and the trainer said, "It's too bad you can't train people."

He never bit anyone else, but we always watched him and never left him alone with kids.

On a lighter note, we took Brian to Blessing of the Animals today so he's all blessed n' stuff.

photo-13-1.jpg
    From what we heard last night, this may be the dogs second reported bite, I'm not sure what happens now. I also believe the dog needs to be put down, my hubby wants him put down. He attacked his owners brother who is my sons friend and left horrible scars on his upper arm. The dog is dangerous. He is only about 2 years old, I don't think this problem is going to get better. If it was my dog, I'd be scared he could kill someone. He also is a big dog too my son thinks 80-100#. I don't understand why he was left loose in the house if there were people sleeping over, why wasn't the dog in a room or a crate. To me that's like leaving a loaded gun on a table with a two year old in the house.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • I was bit by a German Shephard when I was 7. It was my cousin's next door neighbor's dog, who I had been familiar with previously. Had been inside their house even. We came back to my cousins house after a day at the beach, the dog was tied up outside. I walked by the dog as I was walking into the house and pat him on the head. He bit my left arm and face. Had over 300 stitches in my face and about 100 in my arm. I was lucky in that there was no nerve damage and after a 2nd surgery a few years later, I have a small scar on my face and arm. The dog was put down.

Every person I have met who had ever been bit by a dog - its been a German. And yet Pit bulls get the bad rep?

From watching the Dog Whisperer though, it seems that some dogs can be rehabilitated and then put into a good fitting home. However, Cesear is only one person and can't take every problem dog, which is too bad. There really should be more dog rehab places like his. And there should be more responsible pet owners too! If you know your dog has had aggression issues in the past, why leave him to roam around children, or be unsupervised for any amount of time?

Hope your son is ok PJaddicted. I can imagine it is hard to be the one who has to say, "the dog needs to be put down" but unfortunately, some people just can't be trusted to do the right thing in terms of proper training, or taking necessary precautions in certain situations.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

I was bit by a German Shephard when I was 7. It was my cousin's next door neighbor's dog, who I had been familiar with previously. Had been inside their house even. We came back to my cousins house after a day at the beach, the dog was tied up outside. I walked by the dog as I was walking into the house and pat him on the head. He bit my left arm and face. Had over 300 stitches in my face and about 100 in my arm. I was lucky in that there was no nerve damage and after a 2nd surgery a few years later, I have a small scar on my face and arm. The dog was put down.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

here's a dog who won't bite....even if she's eating :lol: . beware the lick, however!

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    where's the puppies?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    where's the puppies?

Did you ask for something.... :P

Sophie took over my chair, for a nap.

Photo01671.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    where's the puppies?

Photo01671.jpg
    that looks comfortable! :roll: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Photo01671.jpg
    That almost looks like an abstract painting. :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    where's the puppies?

Photo01671.jpg
    that looks comfortable! :roll: :lol:

maybe it is..have you tried it?! ;) :P
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    where's the puppies?

Photo01671.jpg

FUNNIEST picture ever!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

imalive wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

here's a dog who won't bite....even if she's eating :lol: . beware the lick, however!

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

omg i LOVVVVVVVE this doggie!!!!!!!