~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Gracie's ratings:
    We've been buying Penny those toys that don't have any stuffing, just a squeaker at each end. She still starts off by tearing off the little legs, nose and eyes, then works on getting the squeaker out.
    ^^^^ :thumbup: "four paws up on these! they're my favorites, too. I have a fox and a leopard...both only have one squeaker left and a few holes but, for some reason, with no stuffing to yank out I have not gone on to final destruction. I especially like prancing with these toys and throwing them up onto the couch or into people's laps. a good 'hey, look at me' toy. woof-woof"

So far, the best toy that we have found for him is the "Holee Roller" ball.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqYRSZMgH5ZmzvmGJZwT5qUJfdfqfes7pGtymr_ca3FWFE94Oj
    ^^^^ :thumbdown: "one droopy tail. bugsy can have mine. I haven't given that thing 5 minutes of my time in the three years it's been in my toy box.....but I'm glad bugsy likes his!"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    Gracie's ratings:

^^^^ :thumbdown: "one droopy tail. bugsy can have mine. I haven't given that thing 5 minutes of my time in the three years it's been in my toy box.....but I'm glad bugsy likes his!"

:lol::lol:
    I need to take a video. We toss it up in the air, and he bumps it back up with his nose. Thats his game.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    Gracie's ratings:
    We've been buying Penny those toys that don't have any stuffing, just a squeaker at each end. She still starts off by tearing off the little legs, nose and eyes, then works on getting the squeaker out.
    ^^^^ :thumbup: "four paws up on these! they're my favorites, too. I have a fox and a leopard...both only have one squeaker left and a few holes but, for some reason, with no stuffing to yank out I have not gone on to final destruction. I especially like prancing with these toys and throwing them up onto the couch or into people's laps. a good 'hey, look at me' toy. woof-woof"
    Penny agrees:

"Best toys ever! I have two foxes and a lemur and I even know which one is the lemur. Mine are down to one squeaker too. Good for playing fetch, tug of war or just some laid back chewing in the evening. Mama likes to drape one over my shoulders so that I'll try to chase it. arf arf"
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    Bugsy doesnt do well with stuffed toys either. He tears them to pieces in 2 seconds flat, then I feel bad when I take away the remnants and put it into the garbage. He only seems to like toys that he knows he can eventually destruct. And he'll chew on them pretty much non stop till you make him stop to take a break, or have to hide it from him.

They usually last about 6 months or so before he tears one of the sides...then its harder to play catch with him...cuz it gets all wobbly. But once its torn, he goes at it like there is no tomorrow and chews it non stop. We buy these in two every time we go. God forbid they stop making these balls. Idk what we'll do.

I recently found a bone made of similar material at Target. Every day Bugsy chews on it for a good half an hour. He's taken a few chunks off of it. Wont last much longer. I should have gotten more of them...I know I'll never find one of those again. :?

My dogs have a similar toy to that one, but they didn't play with it for very long after I bought it.

The toys that have really lasted here is the "jolly ball bounce N' play". My dogs also have the jolly ball with a handle, but I wouldn't recommend this type of one if they are a chewer and you want to leave it with them unsupervised. The jolly ball bounce N play (has no handle) is my dog Tilly's absolute favourite, she has never gotten bored playing with it and will run around the house searching for it if you ask her where her jolly ball is.

The cuz squeaky toys are also great (they still look like new and the squeaker is still working too and they've had them for years).

If you play fetch with your dogs, then the "chuckit ultra balls" are good quality and the "chuckit fetch medley" is also worth buying too (the latter includes a glow in the dark ball).

I've spent a lot on dog toys over the years, and those are the ones that have lasted and remained a favourite.

Jolly ball bounce N' play...
    5210388002_f773928c1b_m.jpg

Cuz toys...
    5583331169_2f1f590593_m.jpg

My 3 toy testers...if a toy can survive these 3, then it's worth buying :lol:

th_86c15537.jpg
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC04879.jpg

I WANT MY LOBSTER BACK!!!! Yesterday I picked up some lobsters for a Father's Day Surf and Turf. Petey's favorite food in the entire world is Lobster, the first Summer we had him, he went with us for a week in Maine, right on the ocean. It was then he discovered all kinds of seafood. I know he is a little spoiled. :roll: He will do anything to get some lobster! I didn't know just how far he would go though...the box of live Lobsters was on the floor in front of the lobster pot on our deck, we were all sitting at the table talking. I kept hearing this crunching noise, all of a sudden it occurred to me that's not a sound that I recognize. I told my mom to look on the other side of the table and see what the dogs were in to. She screamed in laughter....BOTH boyz were sharing the lobster!!! They were eating it! Classic Petey moment!! We didn't let him eat it, didn't think that much shell would be good for him. He did get some cooked innards later on.
    I saw a dog sign in a restaurant today that said "i'm not spoiled my owner has just been trained well" or something
    i laughed ... sammi prefers filtered water now :roll:
    sometimes if she is panting and i want her to drink i'll have to get the brita filter that's been properly chilled and pour her a bowl of water
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Just so it's known.. when I get another horse, eventually, I'm starting a Horse Thread!!LOL and I used to have a t-shirt for our Daschound that said "human trainer"
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    topo1-1.jpg

Hi everybody! :wave: Meet TOPO (its Italian for mouse) :D CROJAM95 & I are dogsitting him this weekend. He is TOOOOOOOO cute to leave alone!!! He is just a puppy and he is really well behaved and sleeps through the night! However......its been YEARS since i've felt sharp puppy teeth dig into my skin! :D Oh and he is a shih-poo mixxx!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK wrote:
    topo1-1.jpg

Hi everybody! :wave: Meet TOPO (its Italian for mouse) :D CROJAM95 & I are dogsitting him this weekend. He is TOOOOOOOO cute to leave alone!!! He is just a puppy and he is really well behaved and sleeps through the night! However......its been YEARS since i've felt sharp puppy teeth dig into my skin! :D Oh and he is a shih-poo mixxx!
    how adorable!!!
    SENROCK wrote:
    topo1-1.jpg

What a cutie! Yeah, those puppy teeth are like little needles. Ouch!
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    ^ Awesome-cute dog you have there!!!!!

I have two Yorkshire Terriers. I'll have to upload photos....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so i go to let norm out a little while ago and the first thing he sees

a skunk :evil:

now i didn't notice at first but then i saw he had caught something...i approached thinking it was a small cat or kitten...nope skunk :evil: :evil:

norm got a full blast and keeps going back not listening to anything i was saying...after his third or forth attempt at corralling said skunk, the idiot finally realized the poison it was emitting and released and began to suffer skunk poison :roll:

well a couple gallons of tomato juice later the smell is tolerable...tomorrow i will go in search of a groomer that is open on sunday july 3rd :lol:
    SENROCK wrote:
    topo1-1.jpg

what a sweetie!
    norm wrote:

now i didn't notice at first but then i saw he had caught something...i approached thinking it was a small cat or kitten...nope skunk :evil: :evil:

norm got a full blast and keeps going back not listening to anything i was saying...after his third or forth attempt at corralling said skunk, the idiot finally realized the poison it was emitting and released and began to suffer skunk poison :roll:

well a couple gallons of tomato juice later the smell is tolerable...tomorrow i will go in search of a groomer that is open on sunday july 3rd :lol:
    OMG...
    :lol:

that's horrible!!!!!
    sammi got skunked once we all thought she rolled in something.
    it was like 200 dollars at the stupid groomers.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Petey's red brother liter-mate died today from DCM, the same genetic heart disease my baby boy has. His owner could use some prayers and good vibes, he is devastated, he never check him for the disease. Achilles was his souldog. I'm sick over the news.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey's red brother liter-mate died today from DCM, the same genetic heart disease my baby boy has. His owner could use some prayers and good vibes, he is devastated, he never check him for the disease. Achilles was his souldog. I'm sick over the news.

i am so very sorry to hear this..sending heartful vibesss to him <3<3<3
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

PJaddicted wrote:
    That's so sad.. he will be in my prayers.
    SENROCK wrote:
    topo1-1.jpg

not usually a fan of the frou-frou type dogs.....but that is one cute ass pup! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:

are you telling me norm didn't listen when you said "NORM, NO!!"? hard to believe :shifty: ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJaddicted wrote:

:(
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

are you telling me norm didn't listen when you said "NORM, NO!!"? hard to believe :shifty: ;)

shocking isn't it? :? :( :lol::lol:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I'm so sorry.
    I know it must never be far from your thoughts but it's made me so glad to see Petey doing so well since his diagnosis. It's heartbreaking to know his brother has died. I will remember his owner in my prayers.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJaddicted wrote:

That's so sad. Good vibes being sent accross the sea.
    so after a few gallons of tomato juice, store bought de-skunker and a trip to the groomers, norm's latest nickname is still 'stinky' :x :lol:
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    norm wrote:
    so after a few gallons of tomato juice, store bought de-skunker and a trip to the groomers, norm's latest nickname is still 'stinky' :x :lol:

He's gonna stink for a loooooong time, esp. when he gets wet...our little pinker dog stepped on a skunk many years ago and got a full blast to the face...we didn't have tomato juice so we used V8 (note to everyone - DO NOT use V8 for this purpose!), which made our condo smell like V8 and skunk...then we heard that in order for tomato juice to be completely effective, you have to let it dry on the dog!! How is that even possible??!

Yeah, so we bought Skunk Off and sprayed her down and got rid of much of the smell....but it sticks with you in your mucus and it's a horrible thick and oily smell, skunk is. Smells nothing at all like dead skunk on the hiway or skunk cabbage.

So, yeah...Norm...gonna smell for awhile, dude! Try not to go out in the rain! :lol:
    be philanthropic
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    pandora wrote:

The new dynamics ... just the two girls, seems more tense now with Chuck gone.

I'm hoping this was a one time thing as JB let it be known Lucy can not do that!
    Bad bad girl!

We are all really feeling the loss of short boy....
    I guess he ruled the roost and the girls more than we ever knew.

About three weeks after we lost our little Pinker dog, our other two dogs (a boy and a girl) became the most unruly, out of control, monsters! They had no manners and they wrecked all kinds of stuff, chewed the drywall, ate the cat food, and were generally very, very badly behaved. We realized then that the little Pink dog (who we knew ruled the roost) kept the two younger dogs completely under her paw - the were just normal well-behaved dogs when she was around. The doggy dynamic is such a fascinating thing.

So, I think your two pooches need to sort out who the new Alpha is between the two of them. Dog spats sound much worse than they really are...and unless there's blood, they need to figure out what's what. It's not up to us humans to decide who will be alpha...They will both be mourning the loss and get used to the loss in their own time, and probably it won't be at the same time...

Our two mutts were never allowed to sort that out, so now that we have our new dog (Tanner), there's a bit of a problem. We can't get our dogs to assert themselves when Tanner bugs them and when they do snap at each other, we just ignore it.

Charley has actually become a little more aggressive in general...and Remy, she delights in "tattling" on the boys if she thinks one of them is doing something they shouldn't be (such as unstuffing a toy or chewing on a shoe or trying to sneak into the garbage)...she'll come and whine and pace at us until we check what's going on. I don't think the boys like it!!

I really do hope your two sort it out...dog loss is hard on everyone in the family...
    be philanthropic
    pandora wrote:

The new dynamics ... just the two girls, seems more tense now with Chuck gone.

I'm hoping this was a one time thing as JB let it be known Lucy can not do that!
    Bad bad girl!

We are all really feeling the loss of short boy....
    I guess he ruled the roost and the girls more than we ever knew.

About three weeks after we lost our little Pinker dog, our other two dogs (a boy and a girl) became the most unruly, out of control, monsters! They had no manners and they wrecked all kinds of stuff, chewed the drywall, ate the cat food, and were generally very, very badly behaved. We realized then that the little Pink dog (who we knew ruled the roost) kept the two younger dogs completely under her paw - the were just normal well-behaved dogs when she was around. The doggy dynamic is such a fascinating thing.

So, I think your two pooches need to sort out who the new Alpha is between the two of them. Dog spats sound much worse than they really are...and unless there's blood, they need to figure out what's what. It's not up to us humans to decide who will be alpha...They will both be mourning the loss and get used to the loss in their own time, and probably it won't be at the same time...

Our two mutts were never allowed to sort that out, so now that we have our new dog (Tanner), there's a bit of a problem. We can't get our dogs to assert themselves when Tanner bugs them and when they do snap at each other, we just ignore it.

Charley has actually become a little more aggressive in general...and Remy, she delights in "tattling" on the boys if she thinks one of them is doing something they shouldn't be (such as unstuffing a toy or chewing on a shoe or trying to sneak into the garbage)...she'll come and whine and pace at us until we check what's going on. I don't think the boys like it!!

I really do hope your two sort it out...dog loss is hard on everyone in the family...
    Here's the solution to all this.. the HUMAN should be Alpha period.. when we lead, there is no major changes in dynamics unless WE die or leave the picture.. makes things much smoother, much easier and the dogs are altogether much happier this way.
  • Here's the solution to all this.. the HUMAN should be Alpha period.. when we lead, there is no major changes in dynamics unless WE die or leave the picture.. makes things much smoother, much easier and the dogs are altogether much happier this way.

Cesear approves :thumbup:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDca9Sk07qHM99EO7ZUkA5GtDMwfsp1jPfwZ4fWfJB1cwLv3TI
    Human need to be pack leader :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I finally get to post in this thread! My hubby got me a dog for my birthday - he's a Maltese/Shih Tzu mix and a year old. We got him from a family that had two dogs and just couldn't take care of them both so they gave him to us! We love him dearly! This is my first dog so I appreciate any tips!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I finally get to post in this thread! My hubby got me a dog for my birthday - he's a Maltese/Shih Tzu mix and a year old. We got him from a family that had two dogs and just couldn't take care of them both so they gave him to us! We love him dearly! This is my first dog so I appreciate any tips!
    this thread is all about PICTURES!! ;):mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    imalive wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    this thread is all about PICTURES!! ;):mrgreen:

Sorry, all my files are too big! I'll post again when I can figure it out...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2