~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Dam. I really miss my dog. Lost my partner and my pet at exactly the same time. I guess the Buddhists are right, life is about suffering. At least Rocket is not suffering anymore. But what about the rest of us left behind? I can't have a pet in my tiny apartment. My ex kept the house and got himself a new pet, some yoga bitch that threw herself at him the minute I was gone.

Funny, when we put our puppy to sleep at home, we both laid on the bed and held him and wished him many beaches to run on. That was the last time I touched my partner of 13 years as well. As soon as the doc took our precious pup away, my partner ran out the door never to be seen again. Never to speak to me again. I don't know why I'm writing this expect this feels like a safe place to be sad.

Photo0135-1-1.jpg
    You're right, this is a safe place to be sad.
    I'm very sorry for your double loss. :(

Rocket looks like a very sweet boy. I'm sure he is running on the beaches in doggie heaven. He will wait for you there.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    IMG01918.jpg?t=1307916038
    (before the pain set in)
    IMG01920.jpg?t=1307915993
    (and after)
    ain't dogs fun :roll:
    ~JzP
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    BhagavadGita I'm so sorry for your double loss. There will always be loss, because everyone dies. I've lost so many dogs in this life, but there is always another one waiting to love me. They are all different but I have yet to meet a dog I didn't love. You will have another dog, when the time is right, and that dog will be sent by your beloved boy.

JzP....OMG..that poor poor baby! How is he now? Did you take him to the vet to get them removed?

PJ_rocks!!! That puppy is turning into a GORGEOUS dog! I'm so glad you are having such a great time with her!

The 10th was 18 months since Petey's DCM diagnosis, he is still doing great! The 11th was Monty's 1 year GOTCHA Anniversary! My boyz continue to have lots of fun together.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:

JzP....OMG..that poor poor baby! How is he now? Did you take him to the vet to get them removed?

No vet, just old fashioned pliers. He's one tough dog some quills that we couldn't initially get worked all the way through his lips and I pulled them right through. :oops: OUCH.
    ~JzP
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    JzP wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

No vet, just old fashioned pliers. He's one tough dog some quills that we couldn't initially get worked all the way through his lips and I pulled them right through. :oops: OUCH.
    that's how they roll in new hampshire! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    WOW, so much going on that I missed, I've been concerned with what happened to my sis' doggie out in K.C. this week, he almost DIED!!! Chick that I forgot how to spellr you username, Sorry to sound rude but I hit "post reply" before writing down how you spell the name..Anyhow.. I am so sorry for your losses, your doggie looked like he was a great friend! As for the human, I'm sorta SUPER pissed at that species right now, after what my sis' ex-did to her doggie and our kitties this week!, so let's just not go there!! But I hope you get a new doggie to fill that space in your heart soon!! They become such a needed thing in our lives, and when they leave us, we feel empty and sad beyond hope some days, trust me I know, I just lost the last of my doggies last year, and I STILL hurt over both of them..( I had to put them both down, almost one year apart, so doubly hard).
    JzP damn that's one tough dog!!! Thank GOD in all my camping, hiking, horseback riding years with the boys, they were smart enough to know to stay away from porcupines!! I got lucky in that respect, but horrifically UN-lucky in the Skunk department!
    And Whoprincess.... How is Django doing?!?! did they find out what was going on? Is he eating better?? Still praying for him, so let me know!! whew did I miss anyone? If so, I'll catch you all on the flip-side, I'm exhausted after the long distance bullshit of today.. I had to press animal neglect charges over the phone!! NOT a fun day!
    And Whoprincess.... How is Django doing?!?! did they find out what was going on? Is he eating better?? Still praying for him, so let me know!!
    STILL waiting on lab results so I'm still worried. Now they are saying I should hear tomorrow.
    Django had some problems with diarrhea over the weekend and he had a couple of accidents in the house. :problem:
    But tonight he ate all his supper right away, which he hasn't done for a long time! :clap:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    And Whoprincess.... How is Django doing?!?! did they find out what was going on? Is he eating better?? Still praying for him, so let me know!!
    STILL waiting on lab results so I'm still worried. Now they are saying I should hear tomorrow.
    Django had some problems with diarrhea over the weekend and he had a couple of accidents in the house. :problem:
    But tonight he ate all his supper right away, which he hasn't done for a long time! :clap:
    the waiting so hard... thinking about you :(
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    edited June 2011
    DSC04870-1.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

DSC04871-1.jpg
    Post edited by PJaddicted on
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ^^^ love those boys :thumbup:
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I ask her, where are the birds, she looks around at the trees :D

when i ask norm where is the squirrel he runs to the tree in my backyard and looks up at it like the squirrel is there...so easy :lol::lol:
    there's a dog at the park where I take gracie.....he goes apeshit at the base of one particular tree.....barking and springing straight up in the air....over and over. his owner tells me the dog saw a squirrel in that tree.....like, 3 years ago. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I ask her, where are the birds, she looks around at the trees :D

when i ask norm where is the squirrel he runs to the tree in my backyard and looks up at it like the squirrel is there...so easy :lol::lol:
    there's a dog at the park where I take gracie.....he goes apeshit at the base of one particular tree.....barking and springing straight up in the air....over and over. his owner tells me the dog saw a squirrel in that tree.....like, 3 years ago. :lol:

that's norm! all i have to do is shake a branch and he goes nuts :roll: :lol:
    SO glad to hear that he ate his din-din all up!! That's a good sign!! I will still be praying for him, and for you, cause the "nerves" game is a hard one to play alone..Especially when it involves ones you love.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    JzP wrote:
    (before the pain set in)
    (and after)

:shock: did i miss something? went back a few pages and didn't see what happened, obviously looks like your dog got into an altercation with a porcupine. Hope he/she's doing better.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    He's fine. I was actually at a weekend party when it happened. My wife called as I was waking up from a nap. First thing she said was "rascal got quilled" I heard "rascal got killed". Mind you I was still in a drunken haze. Once it was clear I told her to ask my pops for help to hold him while the quills were pulled. They got most of them but could not finish. When I got home he was very compliant and I did not have too much trouble finishing. Some broke or were impossible. The next day I was able to pull some through is muzzle and take them out from inside the mouth.

If you can't get them it's like a splinter and the body breaks it down. Just smell it often because of infection. Also make sure they are nowhere important like the chest because they do work their way through very fast and could puncture something important.

This wasn't the first time for him but certainly the worst. Only time will tell if he has learned his lesson.

:lol: :? -Now let's say a prayer for all our doggies to stay away from porcupines and skunks- :? :lol:
    ~JzP
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC04870-1.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

DSC04871-1.jpg

Beautiful noble looking dogs!
    ~JzP
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJ addicted - seriously I think your dogs could be models!!
    After worrying for a week, I finally talked with my vet today about Django.

The lab results are mostly in normal ranges but what really stands out is that his cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. This is very strange because there hasn't been a problem before this but we are going to get right on it by changing his diet. His thyroid values were right where they need to be and his liver is fine too.

The vet is still concerned that Django might have (or develop) pancreatitis. Even though that looked OK on the blood work, the vet said that it can be difficult to diagnosis and that some dogs seem to develop it while staying under the radar, then it shows up in an advanced stage. Pancreatitis would probably mean Django would develop diabetes, although right now his glucose levels aren't too bad. The vet will test him again in 3-4 weeks and see how things look. Then we'll take it from there.

Right now, Django acts normally and has the same energy level. His appetite has been a little better the last couple of days. He is really digging all the extra lovey time he's been getting! Right now he's snoozing on the floor beside me, lying right in front of the fan. One of his favorite spots.

We'll still be keeping an extra eye on him but after talking to the vet I'm much less worried. Thank you to everyone for your posts and PMs with so much encouragement. You can never know how much it meant to me. You guys are the best.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i have a LOT of catching up to do in here! :shock: :lol: In the meantime.....Big Pete and Monty look OUTSTANDING!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!

The lab results are mostly in normal ranges but what really stands out is that his cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. This is very strange because there hasn't been a problem before this but we are going to get right on it by changing his diet. His thyroid values were right where they need to be and his liver is fine too.

The vet is still concerned that Django might have (or develop) pancreatitis. Even though that looked OK on the blood work, the vet said that it can be difficult to diagnosis and that some dogs seem to develop it while staying under the radar, then it shows up in an advanced stage. Pancreatitis would probably mean Django would develop diabetes, although right now his glucose levels aren't too bad. The vet will test him again in 3-4 weeks and see how things look. Then we'll take it from there.

Right now, Django acts normally and has the same energy level. His appetite has been a little better the last couple of days. He is really digging all the extra lovey time he's been getting! Right now he's snoozing on the floor beside me, lying right in front of the fan. One of his favorite spots.

We'll still be keeping an extra eye on him but after talking to the vet I'm much less worried. Thank you to everyone for your posts and PMs with so much encouragement. You can never know how much it meant to me. You guys are the best.
    :wave: this is good news! we are happy here :D

I do know what it means to you because everyone here so supportive when Charlie left this world, helped me very much, thank you.

Today I go bring him home ... his ashes...
    they will join Jakey's.
    pandora wrote:

:wave: this is good news! we are happy here :D

I do know what it means to you because everyone here so supportive when Charlie left this world, helped me very much, thank you.

Today I go bring him home ... his ashes...
    they will join Jakey's.

Yay!! Whoprincess glad to hear all is well!! Keep an eye on him though, cause yeah pancratitis can go unnoticed for a LONG time before it become detrimental. the sooner one can catch it the better.. And a diabetic dog is not too bad, just a bit more work, I've had a Diabetic dog, and Diabetic cat..so it's not as bad as it would seem.

Pandora.
    I wish I had had enough money to have kept my boys' ashes, instead they're buried out behind the vet'
    s office in K.C. where anytime I'm out there I can visit their graves.. And I bought them bordering plots, so they're next to each other , just alongside the woods! I leave them dog bisquits when I visit their graves. When I go get my kitties, I plan to go see them again.. I sure miss having my doggies.
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    JzP wrote:
    (before the pain set in)
    (and after)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Looked like dog acupuncture gone wrong...

Hope your dog is ok!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    Hi everyone,
    Just thought i'd add some more pics...(I am always taking too many photos of the dogs :oops: )

Tilly
    5847623760_0bce03cc06_m.jpg

The latest addition to the pack is my brother's dog, as my brother has moved here with him, so we have 3 dogs for now. Trying to get a photo with all three of them is more difficult than you think!

Rusty
    5847162169_7f80b0d04c_m.jpg

5847623752_2160a2c599_m.jpg
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
    ^^^^^ Emma, there is no such thing as too many pictures of your dogs! :lol:

Case in point: Penny napping. She has confiscated this old bathroom rug as HERS.

002-2.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Hi guys, hope all is going good. Sophie had her third round of shots this last week, her weight was 19.6 lbs. No motion sickness going to the vets. Just going around the block for now, every so often, puppy steps you know ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    JzP wrote:
    He's fine. I was actually at a weekend party when it happened. My wife called as I was waking up from a nap. First thing she said was "rascal got quilled" I heard "rascal got killed". Mind you I was still in a drunken haze. Once it was clear I told her to ask my pops for help to hold him while the quills were pulled. They got most of them but could not finish. When I got home he was very compliant and I did not have too much trouble finishing. Some broke or were impossible. The next day I was able to pull some through is muzzle and take them out from inside the mouth.

If you can't get them it's like a splinter and the body breaks it down. Just smell it often because of infection. Also make sure they are nowhere important like the chest because they do work their way through very fast and could puncture something important.

This wasn't the first time for him but certainly the worst. Only time will tell if he has learned his lesson.

:lol: :? -Now let's say a prayer for all our doggies to stay away from porcupines and skunks- :? :lol:
    Yikes!
    Those pics reminded me of Homeward Bound... Only one of my FAVOURITE childhood movies!
    Poor guy... that must have hurt like hell!
    Yes, no more porcupines OR skunks (of which Sammi has definitely run into the latter!)
    eeeeek
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Pandora.
    I wish I had had enough money to have kept my boys' ashes, instead they're buried out behind the vet'
    s office in K.C. where anytime I'm out there I can visit their graves.. And I bought them bordering plots, so they're next to each other , just alongside the woods! I leave them dog bisquits when I visit their graves. When I go get my kitties, I plan to go see them again.. I sure miss having my doggies.

That is a great place for your dogs. In the past, we have made the mistake of burying ours in our own yard then we have moved and can not visit. :(

Charlie and Jake have a little shrine here in the house. Jake has a carved wolf that sits on his tin... he was my wolf style dog with 55 shades of brown :D
    and Charlie has a little bobble head with a Christmas cap and candy cane in his mouth.
    His tags will go on the tree this year :cry:

We keep them close, you can never forget a best friend.
    Its so quiet here without Charlie, he was the greeter in the house. The girls are pretty quiet don't even care about the big brown UPS truck...
    Charlie disliked or maybe he secretly really liked trucks :lol:
    gracie loves my nephew....and vice versa :mrgreen:

IMG_3386.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Looks like Gracie is thoroughly enjoying the ultimate head / temple massage.

:lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JzP wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC04870-1.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

DSC04871-1.jpg

Beautiful noble looking dogs!

yeah...these dogs look awesome
    www.myspace.com