~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So the rain let up and the sun came out, so i took Sophie for a ride, well she got truck sick :o . Infact she got truck sick three different times, that i tried taking her for a ride. I hope it is an inner ear thing that is still developing and will go away. She has had no problem riding in the truck untill now.
    I think it's a puppy thing. I've had more than one dog that got carsick when they were puppies but eventually grew out of it.

Gracie did it, too....but only in my wife's car; never in my truck :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So the rain let up and the sun came out, so i took Sophie for a ride, well she got truck sick :o . Infact she got truck sick three different times, that i tried taking her for a ride. I hope it is an inner ear thing that is still developing and will go away. She has had no problem riding in the truck untill now.
    I think it's a puppy thing. I've had more than one dog that got carsick when they were puppies but eventually grew out of it.

Me too, ugh.
    Our beautiful chloe used to projective vomit in the car. Every. Time. Horrific.
    Now, thankfully, shes just fine.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I need everybody's prayers, good vibes, whatever works for you.

Something is going on with Django and my vet is trying to figure out what it is. For about a month, it's been very hard to get Django to eat. I have to coax him and he keeps eating less and less. He's lost 4 lbs. since the end of March which is significant for a 55 lb. dog.

Today the vet ran tests on him but couldn't get anything definitive. He ruled out pancreatitis. Django's blood glucose level was high (180) so he may be pre-diabetic. He also had a lot of lipids in his blood. All this is enough for the vet to think that something is up but he can't determine what. He sent some blood out to a lab and we should know more tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm just worried about Django. Apart from the lack of appetite he acts normally but I'm afraid we're going to find out something serious is wrong with him. I don't know what to think but it's bothering me a lot.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

Something is going on with Django and my vet is trying to figure out what it is. For about a month, it's been very hard to get Django to eat. I have to coax him and he keeps eating less and less. He's lost 4 lbs. since the end of March which is significant for a 55 lb. dog.

Today the vet ran tests on him but couldn't get anything definitive. He ruled out pancreatitis. Django's blood glucose level was high (180) so he may be pre-diabetic. He also had a lot of lipids in his blood. All this is enough for the vet to think that something is up but he can't determine what. He sent some blood out to a lab and we should know more tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm just worried about Django. Apart from the lack of appetite he acts normally but I'm afraid we're going to find out something serious is wrong with him. I don't know what to think but it's bothering me a lot.
    thoughts are with you and your dog. my dog is very weird in regards to eating. he'll eat everyday, sometimes 2 times a day and then not eat for 2-3 days.

btw- love your location
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I miss having a dog. My best dog was a rottweiler named Brisket. She made me feel very loved and safe when I was scared. It's about time for a Rot puppy. I will name it Lukin!!
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

Sorry to hear this..
    Sending you a lot of good (((vibes)))

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

whoprincess, you and Django are in my prayers
    such a terrible worry, we are all worrying along with you.
    Ruling out the pancreas is good news ... I hope more good news comes soon

hugs to you both :(
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you get better Django....hang in there princess

the tough things with dogs is you can't ask them what's wrong. duh. but it's tough because you worry and worry and imagine the worst. I hope your vet gets to the bottom of this. in the meantime, Gracie and I send our good vibes and positive energy!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Good Luck with everything

We (bailey and chloe included) sending good vibes

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Thanks for the good wishes, everybody! It helps take my mind off things.

Unfortunately no news yet from the vet. He had been anxious to get Django in quickly this week because he was going out of town tomorrow. He told me that he expected to have lab results back today but if not, he'd call me Monday when he got back in. I've known my vet for many years so seeing him concerned made me really concerned. He's taken care of Django since he was a puppy (8 years) so he knows my doggie well.

He did make me laugh yesterday after we talked. He's always liked Django's name and talks to him about playing guitar (like his namesake, Django Reinhardt) :lol: . He told me his staff got a music lecture yesterday afternoon because a new staffer happened to pronounce the name DUH-jango. :lol:

In the meantime, Django mostly acts normal other than not wanting to eat. :? I've been giving him lots of attention. Penny is jealous. :lol:
    metsfan wrote:
    thoughts are with you and your dog. my dog is very weird in regards to eating. he'll eat everyday, sometimes 2 times a day and then not eat for 2-3 days.

btw- love your location

Django has always been a picky eater but I've always managed to find food that he liked. Now he pushes his bowl around and eats about half his food. If I offer it to him a little later he'll usually finish it. But he keeps eating less.

Your location is pretty cool too. ;)
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I miss having a dog. My best dog was a rottweiler named Brisket. She made me feel very loved and safe when I was scared. It's about time for a Rot puppy. I will name it Lukin!!

HEE HEE I used to have a horse named Lukin and I boarded him at a friend's stable.. so when I'd go to ride I'd sing that song.. LMAO Good memory..

whoprincess I'm praying up a storm of answers for you!! It's always scary when something unknown is going on with your dogs!! I do alot of praying over my animals.. LMAO I think that's why God makes sure I have them around, other wise He'd probably never hear from me!! Anyhow Best of luck on the results, I was gonna say pre-diabetic too, but then you said there were high lipids in the blood as well, so now I'm just as confused as you must be.. Just be patient and love on your doggie til you know your best line of attack!!I will keep praying for you and your doggie till I know everything is ok with Django, ok?
    He told me his staff got a music lecture yesterday afternoon because a new staffer happened to pronounce the name DUH-jango. :lol:
    er....what's wrong with that? :shifty: :lol:

I don't think I've ever shared this Gracie quirk....as a leftover from potty training or from god knows what, Gracie expects a biscuit every single time she does her business. in from pottying and straight to the treat jar. all for a normal bodily function. one for pee and two for poop :lol: . is she spoiled, or what? :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hugs to Django and a big lick from Molly.
  • imalive wrote:
    I don't think I've ever shared this Gracie quirk....as a leftover from potty training or from god knows what, Gracie expects a biscuit every single time she does her business. in from pottying and straight to the treat jar. all for a normal bodily function. one for pee and two for poop :lol: . is she spoiled, or what? :roll:

My dog is the same way!!! And if you happen to forget to give him a treat, he will literally sit in the kitchen waiting...drooling....until there is a puddle of drool on the floor. After a little while, we'll go..."Where's Bugsy?" Sure enough, we know exactly what he is waiting for :lol:

I obviously missed a very busy and sad week here. For some reason my emails on updates in threads still arent 100%.

Pandora... I am so so sorry for your loss. You were a good mom. Charlie knows that. You will see him again one day. He is in a much better place now. No more pain.

Whoprincess.... Sending good vibes to you and Django. Hopefully this is just some minor bug and everything will b well. Think positive.

Hope I didnt miss anyone....I just read through like 6 or 7 pages.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

imalive wrote:
    He told me his staff got a music lecture yesterday afternoon because a new staffer happened to pronounce the name DUH-jango. :lol:
    er....what's wrong with that? :shifty: :lol:
    Because the "D" is silent, that's what! :ugeek:

When I named a dog Pete several years ago, I soon learned what popular name that is for dogs. Wow, was I surprised. Kind of frustrating to call your dog at Obedience class and have a somebody else's dog react. :lolno: So we decided the next dog would have a name that was out of the ordinary.

The first time I took Django to the vet when he was a little puppy, I found out that my vet is a HUGE Django Reinhardt fan. I think it's pretty funny that he lectured his employees about Gypsy Jazz.

BTW I don't treat my dogs for relieving themselves but they always get treats after I groom them. This has turned out to be pretty chaotic since they both go berserk with excitement if all I do is brush a tangle out of one of their coats. :roll: :lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Hi all _ I have a lot of catching up to do!

Pandora, I'm so sorry about Charlie... (((hug))). What a wonderful life you had together, though... such an ache they leave behind. Their time with us is such a gift, but far too short-lived.

We've been traveling nearly every weekend with agility, and the dogs are having so much fun. I feel bad for them tonight, though, they're all quite unsettled about the thunderstorms that rolled in this evening. Tessie is hiding under our bed and Sweet Pea is stuck to me like glue, eyes wide and staring. Sailor seems okay.

Last week, when tornados tore through Massachusetts to the west of here, we had thunderstorms and intense lightening and really scary looking skies, but the tornadoes died out before they got to the coast. It was an awful evening for the dogs, Tessie was under the bed all evening, Sweet Pea curled herself into a little bin on the floor of the coat nook, and Sailor held it together until 4 a.m., when, without warning, he vomited copiously all over the foot of my bed, my robe, the ottoman at the foot of the bed (so Sweet Pea can climb up easily), and the run. It was quite a night.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Sorry to hear this..
    Sending you a lot of good (((vibes)))
    Sorry to hear it as well.
    Nothing worse than noticing something is up with your dog and they can't tell you what it is.

All the best to you and Django ♥
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I woke up this morning to light thunder ( the storms never materialized, But the Pitt/Lab Zoe is terrified of thunder), and My dad's dog Zoe climbing all over me, trying to get under the blankets with me. Then while I got ready for my interview, she sat at my feet in the bathroom.. I almost ate shit tripping over her getting out of the shower!! Then when my dad drove me to the Hospital to do my interview she sat in the truck and howled and cried ( even though the thunder had passed by this time), and my dad tells me, I think my dog loves you more than me.. so I told him no I think she just knows I miss having a dog.. I think she knows the boys are gone, even though she'd only met them once when we came out here to visit before they had both passed away. And little Cleo, she's just soooo damned CUTE!! She wanted fed earlier than normal this morning, and so she tried to make it down the stairs, which is really difficult for a dog that is shorter in leg than in body, so she ended up "sledding" down the stairs on her belly and into the T.V room to tell us to feed her.. all we heard was Thumpity thump thump thump thump thump.. and then there she was!! I love that there's dogs here.. it helps me not miss my boys so badly..P.S. that's Zoe in my profile pic.. isn't she adorable!?!?!?!? I LOVE her ears!! they remind me of that old school series, The Flying Nun!!
    imalive wrote:

My dog is the same way!!! And if you happen to forget to give him a treat, he will literally sit in the kitchen waiting...drooling....until there is a puddle of drool on the floor. After a little while, we'll go..."Where's Bugsy?" Sure enough, we know exactly what he is waiting for :lol:

here's the "I peed; where's my biscuit?" look :lol: . The jar is on that counter.

Photo0244.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

here's the "I peed; where's my biscuit?" look :lol: . The jar is on that counter.

Photo0244.jpg

awww...so cute :) she knows how to pull your strings eh?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    imalive wrote:

Photo0244.jpg

That is so cute...

Gracie is like, I have to wait for you to take a picture now :roll:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Sophie is getting so big. Here she lays on top of the couch, in the computer room.
    100_2196.jpg

Her toy box is a much better chew toy...
    100_2193.jpg

Had some sun today
    100_2203.jpg

A bird flew by
    100_2216.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    A bird flew by
    100_2216.jpg
    I love this one! She's just taking it in. :mrgreen:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    A bird flew by
    100_2216.jpg

i think she's thinking "how can i catch that?" ;):mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    A bird flew by
    100_2216.jpg

She sure is thinking that! It puts a smile on my face when she tries to creep up on those birds :mrgreen:

I ask her, where are the birds, she looks around at the trees :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

when i ask norm where is the squirrel he runs to the tree in my backyard and looks up at it like the squirrel is there...so easy :lol::lol:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

when i ask norm where is the squirrel he runs to the tree in my backyard and looks up at it like the squirrel is there...so easy :lol::lol:

My old Jack Russell was the same way ... only problem was ... it would be on his mind for the next 2-3 hours, and you couldn't get him to think about anything else.

He was a tenacious little shit. :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    norm wrote:

She sure is thinking that! It puts a smile on my face when she tries to creep up on those birds :mrgreen:

That's great! We used to have a dog that was always trying to sneak up on squirrels (we have LOTS of them). All my other dogs have chased them but Riley would slowly creep up on them like a wolf.

When I see a squirrel on the bird feeder, all I have to say is "squirrel" and the dogs run for the back door. Kind of like Up! If Glenn and I want to say something about squirrels when the dogs are around we have to talk about "brown furry critters." :lol:
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Dam. I really miss my dog. Lost my partner and my pet at exactly the same time. I guess the Buddhists are right, life is about suffering. At least Rocket is not suffering anymore. But what about the rest of us left behind? I can't have a pet in my tiny apartment. My ex kept the house and got himself a new pet, some yoga bitch that threw herself at him the minute I was gone.

Funny, when we put our puppy to sleep at home, we both laid on the bed and held him and wished him many beaches to run on. That was the last time I touched my partner of 13 years as well. As soon as the doc took our precious pup away, my partner ran out the door never to be seen again. Never to speak to me again. I don't know why I'm writing this expect this feels like a safe place to be sad.

Photo0135-1-1.jpg