~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Smellyman wrote:
    A tribute to my little, beautiful girl Bailey who lost her life to kidney failure on Dec 5th. She was almost 14 years old and can never be replaced.....

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbz3qLIjbc
    :( sorry to hear about this.....
    RIP Bailey <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    Smellyman wrote:
    A tribute to my little, beautiful girl Bailey who lost her life to kidney failure on Dec 5th. She was almost 14 years old and can never be replaced.....

RIP Bailey

awwww....that's awful :cry::cry:

you're right, they can't be replaced...but you can let another dog into your life. Bailey would want you to.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    imalive wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

you're right, they can't be replaced...but you can let another dog into your life. Bailey would want you to.

We foster dogs a lot and kept the last girl because she is near unadoptable. :) Blind, deaf, no teeth with a tongue always out.

it makes her cute though. :P

IMG00105-20101103-0840.jpg
  • Good news and sad . . . the story of life.

Congrats vedderfan on you soon to be new addition. That's wonderful news :D

Smellyman, I am so sorry for the loss of Bailey. You're right, they can never be replaced. She was lucky to have been a wonderful and intrinsic part of your family. My condolences to all of you :cry:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

Awesome tribute Smellyman. RIP Bailey. One tough little fighter by the looks of it. Quite the traveler too!!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

I just watched the video . . . I was, I am still, in tears. A beautiful tribute (((hugs)))

R.I.P. Bailey
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Smellyman wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

We foster dogs a lot and kept the last girl because she is near unadoptable. :) Blind, deaf, no teeth with a tongue always out.

it makes her cute though. :P

IMG00105-20101103-0840.jpg

Sorry to hear about Bailey! :(

Your newly adopted dog might just be the cutest dog ever, but please don't tell that to my 'weekend-dog' Johnny (he's at my mom's) or else he might just bite me in the ass again :mrgreen:DSCF2727.jpg
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    Smellyman wrote:
    that was awesome! I didn't watch it, at first, because I thought it was Just Breathe....not a TRIBUTE set to the song. I can tell Bailey was a huge part of your lives :cry: .

since you're not in the doggie thread on a daily basis, here's this again. I've posted it a lot, but it's sooooo true:

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. I tried hard to keep it together watching the film, but couldn't manage it - such beautiful pictures, and when you put on screen Boo Boo, I really lost it - I call Molly 'Boo Boo' when we're messing about or having a cuddle.

RIP Bailey :(
    Claireack wrote:
    and when you put on screen Boo Boo, I really lost it - I call Molly 'Boo Boo' when we're messing about or having a cuddle.
    I think a lot of us call our dogs boo-boo. gracie is also known as boolie and boolie-boo :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    imalive wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    and when you put on screen Boo Boo, I really lost it - I call Molly 'Boo Boo' when we're messing about or having a cuddle.
    I think a lot of us call our dogs boo-boo. gracie is also known as boolie and boolie-boo :lol:

:lol:

Molly also gets 'Mol', 'Molski' 'Molly Malone'. Do the same with my son, he spent the first 8 years of his life being called 'Bun' until he asked me not to do it anymore - especially in front of his friends. Glad Molly won't be able to do that :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    First real snow of the not as yet winter season.

5254445429_74a2e3d5d5.jpg
    002 by mickeyrat, on Flickr
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

RIP bailey. I can't imagine the day... my heart goes out to you!
    ~JzP
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

Wow, I needed a good cry this morning. That was a great tribute to Bailey - what a super dog. It was the video of her howling at the end that made me sob.

I'm sorry for your loss, but as I post this here all the time - we are all SO LUCKY to have dogs to love and dogs who love us.

RIP Bailey.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

I just watched the video . . . I was, I am still, in tears. A beautiful tribute (((hugs)))

R.I.P. Bailey
    Me too!! :(
    Great video though, what a beautiful dog!
    The one where she's staring down the little kitten made me LOL...

So sorry again for your loss smellyman :(
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Me and the hubs are adopting a rescue dog! We'll be picking him up next weekend!! Remy and Charley have been quite tolerant of other dogs we've had at home for weeks at a time (friends leave their dogs with us when they go on vacay), so I'm sure they'll be fine. New pooch's name is Tanner and I think he came from a high-kill shelter in California and did not have a very good life in the first place. He's been fostered in Orgeon and now he's coming to live with us!

We went this route because the SPCA in BC did not seem interested in helping me save a shelter dog. There was a lovely looking terrier thing at the SPCA in Prince Rupert and they wouldn't send him down to Victoria for me. That was about two months ago - and the dog is still at the shelter! Another rescue group locally didn't want me to take one of their dogs because I work fulltime (as does hubby) and they don't believe people who work fulltime can meet a dog's needs (which is BS)...

Anyway, enter Tanner...he's a terrier mix and a little timid, but Rem and Chucky will have him out of his shell and acting like a dog in no time! :D
    Welcome Tanner!! you've found a lovely home and your troubles are now over!!! Yay!! And seriously, that shelter is SOOOOOOOOOOO way off!! My whole household works full-time, and we rescue and relocate animals allllllllll the time. We do rehab work and socialization, we've fostered and all through our local shelters out here and our friends.. So it can be done, it's done everyday!! So happy you saved a doggie out there!!! That makes my day to see things like this!! Welcome to your new forever home Tanner!!
  • imalive wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:
    that was awesome! I didn't watch it, at first, because I thought it was Just Breathe....not a TRIBUTE set to the song. I can tell Bailey was a huge part of your lives :cry: .

since you're not in the doggie thread on a daily basis, here's this again. I've posted it a lot, but it's sooooo true:

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.
    wow.. this is so what I've been going through, with the loss of my boys... it really is like this.. so I'm gonna copy this down if you don't mind.. and thanks for reposting this.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi everyone....smellyman so sorry for the loss of your beloved Bailey.

Petey is not himself, and I've been getting depressed over this latest health crisis...and my hubby said to me this morning when I bust into tears, saying I don't know what to do...give him all these meds which are making him feel so sick his quality of life is affected, Hubby said... you need to get a grip...his life is not going to be a long one, we know that. Just comfort him and love him while he is here. :cry: My hubby never stops hugging and kissing him, neither do I. Every morning when he jumps in bed with me, I hug him tight. He is one of a kind.

Here are the boysz today...I managed to get in the spirit and do a bit of decorating. Very happy with my minimalist job! Tiny tree...a few ornaments. Hubby and my oldest son made cookies, and then we made a feast. It was a wonderful afternoon.

DSC03897.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    PJaddicted wrote:

Petey is not himself, and I've been getting depressed over this latest health crisis...and my hubby said to me this morning when I bust into tears, saying I don't know what to do...give him all these meds which are making him feel so sick his quality of life is affected, Hubby said... you need to get a grip...his life is not going to be a long one, we know that. Just comfort him and love him while he is here. :cry: My hubby never stops hugging and kissing him, neither do I. Every morning when he jumps in bed with me, I hug him tight. He is one of a kind.

Here are the boysz today...I managed to get in the spirit and do a bit of decorating. Very happy with my minimalist job! Tiny tree...a few ornaments. Hubby and my oldest son made cookies, and then we made a feast. It was a wonderful afternoon.

DSC03897.jpg

Good looking dogs! guarding the tree...:)

thanks to all for the thoughts. It is theapeutic to post it and make that video. We had a wonderful 14 years.

imalive, I forwarded the words you wrote to my wife too. Thanks a lot.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Smellyman: This is upsetting to hear you lost Bailey....and I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you gave her an awesome life and one day you will be able to take comfort in that...You have lots of support here, so know that you can post whenever you feel you need to talk about Bailey, and someone will be here to comfort you. RIP Bailey...
    be philanthropic
  • PJaddicted wrote:

DSC03897.jpg
    Petey will always be one of a kind, and therefore you as his loving human owe it to him to simply appreciate the very same thing from him that HE appreciates from you...and that's just YOU. That is the beauty of a dog's love, they love you for who you are at the very MOMENT that they happen to be sharing with you, good or at your very worst. Make it a point to remind yourself to be like that for your dogs, is all we can do for them. It was hard for me when I lost my boys, because I'd raised them from birth, I was the first thing Momo ever saw, and poor Ace the first thing he saw was Momo's ass.. You get attatched, but that is the best part, they become part of our families. and Smelly man,this is for you too.. I just lost the second of my doggie set, they were brothers, and I miss them . Your tribute to your Bailey is incredible and well done, it made me cry. I hope everyone is having a good day remembering the special-ness our doggies have brought us.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Smellyman wrote:

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....

Oh, what a lovely tribute to a golden soul. What a wonderful life of adventure Bailey led, surrounded by love. I am so sorry for your loss...
    (((hug)))
    She was a beautiful girl.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Sorry that i have not been around much. Just don't really feel like being home.

I have missed so much!!!

RIP Bailey great tribute :cry: i feel your pain

Petey, i hope your doing better. Thinking about you guys!!! hugs, prayers and good vibes sent your way, as always.

Senrock, thanks for introducing me to this thread, it is a life saver!!!

And all those who have posted pictures of the doggies in snow, THANK YOU!!! it kinda helps me!!!

And thanks to all the others that have posted pictures...

I still have not been able to upload the pics from the camera, but i swear i will soon.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Finally decided to post these. Brian is almost 6 months, 45 pounds, he loves to catch tennis balls. The pix are pretty funny since they're shot with with a cell phone camera.

photo_1-2-1-1.jpg

photo-3-1.jpg

And with his favorite Propel bottle:

photo-4-1.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-4-1.jpg

So damn cute. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Enkidu wrote:
    photo-4-1.jpg
    Very discriminating about his water, eh?
    "None of that crummy tap water, Mom. Please serve me Propel!"
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Enkidu wrote:
    Finally decided to post these. Brian is almost 6 months, 45 pounds, he loves to catch tennis balls. The pix are pretty funny since they're shot with with a cell phone camera.

photo_1-2-1-1.jpg

photo-3-1.jpg

photo-4-1.jpg
    He's gorgeous!! Looks just like my childhood Psycho Germie, named Rockhill. ( He was crazy due to terrifically horrible breeding, but as stupid crazy as he was he was definately ten times more beautiful, still to this day one of the most beautiful Germies I've seen till this guy!) He looks like a great puppy who will become an awesome dog!! Thanks for sharing him with us.
  • I just took a nice picture with my son and his best friend Max :)
    IMG_3626.jpg
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln