~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Zeke...

163001_1546671825583_1198671840_31259858_2282291_n.jpg

"you feed me...otherwise, at this point in time, I hate you like poison". ;)

Had to do this to my oldest and that was the same look on her face....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone....Petey had a a really rough 24 hours yesterday. We aren't sure what happened to him, and if he is going to be ok or not. He had some problems with his hind quarters falling over when trying to walk and his behavior looked like he was having mini seizures, he stood up for 7 hours straight staring at the floor, terrified to walk. It was as if he had severe vertigo. I took him to the vet and he was much more with it, but the behavior continued. The vet had never seen anything like it before, and we are concerned that it could be Wobblers Syndrome. Just what Petey needs....another genetic disease with no cure. :roll: Poor guy. Best dog in the world with the worst health. He is 100% today...he had a shot of steroids yesterday. That will wear off in another day or so...and we will then see if the problem continues. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers...he is my heart dog. Today is 1 year ago that he was diagnosed with DCM and up until yesterday...he was having a great life. Monty is 9 months old today and a total....PITA!!!!! :lol: What did I expect??

DSC03890.jpg
    DSC03886.jpg

Petey is da Man! hugs and pup kisses to him that he is doing better...
    I cannot believe how big Monty is!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone....Petey had a a really rough 24 hours yesterday. We aren't sure what happened to him, and if he is going to be ok or not. He had some problems with his hind quarters falling over when trying to walk and his behavior looked like he was having mini seizures, he stood up for 7 hours straight staring at the floor, terrified to walk. It was as if he had severe vertigo. I took him to the vet and he was much more with it, but the behavior continued. The vet had never seen anything like it before, and we are concerned that it could be Wobblers Syndrome. Just what Petey needs....another genetic disease with no cure. :roll: Poor guy. Best dog in the world with the worst health. He is 100% today...he had a shot of steroids yesterday. That will wear off in another day or so...and we will then see if the problem continues. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers...he is my heart dog. Today is 1 year ago that he was diagnosed with DCM and up until yesterday...he was having a great life. Monty is 9 months old today and a total....PITA!!!!! :lol: What did I expect??

DSC03890.jpg
    DSC03886.jpg

PJaddictied..
    So sorry to hear of this.. totally sounds like wobbler's to me.. but I'm not certified or anything. My Aunt has a heart for these dogs as well. She has two, one of whom is suffering from wobbler's. My prayers are with you and Petey.. Hope all turns out well.. Love the dobbies. as for Monty, he may be your carry over dog, hope that doesn't happen.But my prayers are with you all, four legged and two legged alike.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC03890.jpg
    DSC03886.jpg
    Oh petey :(
    Sammi and i are sending you all good vibes!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • ((((Hugs)))) to Petey and to you PJaddicted. Despite everything poor Petey has gone through he's the luckiest dog in the world to have found you and your family to love and care for him.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    THANKS EVERYONE! This is the place for us dog lovers to come to find the love and support when we most need it. Few people *get* us. If they have never loved a dog deeply....they think...oh it's just a dog....get over it. Petey continues to do good. No sign of the problem. I think that it's time to get a harness, no more collars, and no more tug of war. Have to protect his neck. My husband said to me last night...this pulled him back into reality....Petey isn't going to live a long life and we all need to know that. Stay in reality, it's easy to forget what is happening to his heart because he has had such a great year since his diagnosis. My family will all be devastated when his time comes. ONE DAY AT A TIME....LIVE IN THE MOMENT.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    gracie fell off the bed last night. again. for like the third time. it's about a three foot drop. what kind of dog rolls off the bed? this dog ain't right. :shock: :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    best wishes to the family and Petey!
    ~JzP
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    PJaddicted wrote:
    ONE DAY AT A TIME....LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

I've always thought this is the classic canine perspective. And a great piece of advice...

(((hug for Petey)))
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    PJaddicted wrote:
    THANKS EVERYONE! This is the place for us dog lovers to come to find the love and support when we most need it. Few people *get* us. If they have never loved a dog deeply....they think...oh it's just a dog....get over it. Petey continues to do good. No sign of the problem. I think that it's time to get a harness, no more collars, and no more tug of war. Have to protect his neck. My husband said to me last night...this pulled him back into reality....Petey isn't going to live a long life and we all need to know that. Stay in reality, it's easy to forget what is happening to his heart because he has had such a great year since his diagnosis. My family will all be devastated when his time comes. ONE DAY AT A TIME....LIVE IN THE MOMENT.
    glad to hear petey has rallied :mrgreen:

he's obviously a fighter. Like someone else said, he lucky to have you.....and vice versa!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    gracie fell off the bed last night. again. for like the third time. it's about a three foot drop. what kind of dog rolls off the bed? this dog ain't right. :shock: :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:
  • imalive wrote:
    Penny did that once.
    Not that Penny is a "right" dog either. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive wrote:
    Penny did that once.
    Not that Penny is a "right" dog either. :lol:
    yeah....."once"! most dogs would learn not to sleep on their backs, at the very edge! :roll: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    imalive wrote:

what kind of dog? my dog...when he does his 'running kicks' and he's on the edge of the bed....and he'll be doing that 'rrrrr....oof...rrrr...ooof' until he falls off. :lol:

Get well Petey! Sending lots of love!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:lol::lol:

The last year of his life, the Late, Great Seamus fell off the bed while soundly sleeping so many times that we put a huge down comforter, folded over, on the floor beside the bed so he'd have something comfy to land on. At least once a week we'd be awakened by a "POOOFF" sound and the sight of Seamus, embarrassed looking, getting up and silently asking for help to get back up on the bed.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • d6c44f8e63108fc04508db9ea1227771.png
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

4and20 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

what kind of dog? my dog...when he does his 'running kicks' and he's on the edge of the bed....and he'll be doing that 'rrrrr....oof...rrrr...ooof' until he falls off. :lol:
    this kind of dog:

IMG_2163.jpg

picture that pose, on the edge of our bed. she is most "back layingest" dog I have ever seen. she falls off the bed...boom...shakes off and jumps back on. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Dear Lord sorry I laughed so hard at this.. But I actual;ly had a SpringerSpaniel the humped a nativity scene donkey one year..Driving down the road we see our dog ( who was supposed to be at home in the yard), going to town on this plastic donkey; on the lawn of the town Mayor's house. We were like "Sorry Chips but we're not gonna admitt we know you.. let alone,own you right now, but get home when you're done"
    d6c44f8e63108fc04508db9ea1227771.png
    Dear Lord sorry I laughed so hard at this.. But I actual;ly had a SpringerSpaniel the humped a nativity scene donkey one year..Driving down the road we see our dog ( who was supposed to be at home in the yard), going to town on this plastic donkey; on the lawn of the town Mayor's house. We were like "Sorry Chips but we're not gonna admitt we know you.. let alone,own you right now, but get home when you're done"

Oh my God, that post should have some with an anti-spew warning, then I wouldn't have beer on my keyboard... :lol::lol::lol: I have to reread it, so when I tell it to my friends at the agility competition tomorrow I have all the details right...

Springer Spaniel, nativity scene donkey, Mayor's lawn.

Got it.
    :lol:

Oh my God, that post should have some with an anti-spew warning, then I wouldn't have beer on my keyboard... :lol::lol::lol: I have to reread it, so when I tell it to my friends at the agility competition tomorrow I have all the details right...

Springer Spaniel, nativity scene donkey, Mayor's lawn.

Got it.
    :lol:

the best part..? it was a female dog...lmao..
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Just popped in - was thinking of Petey - {hugs to Petey}
  • Came upstairs the other night a found Nikita in her favourite place in her favourite position :lol::lol: I've had to put a sheet down cause I got so tired of spending hours vacuuming the couch :twisted:

3ab5b297.jpg

d27b0a4d.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Me and the hubs are adopting a rescue dog! We'll be picking him up next weekend!! Remy and Charley have been quite tolerant of other dogs we've had at home for weeks at a time (friends leave their dogs with us when they go on vacay), so I'm sure they'll be fine. New pooch's name is Tanner and I think he came from a high-kill shelter in California and did not have a very good life in the first place. He's been fostered in Orgeon and now he's coming to live with us!

We went this route because the SPCA in BC did not seem interested in helping me save a shelter dog. There was a lovely looking terrier thing at the SPCA in Prince Rupert and they wouldn't send him down to Victoria for me. That was about two months ago - and the dog is still at the shelter! Another rescue group locally didn't want me to take one of their dogs because I work fulltime (as does hubby) and they don't believe people who work fulltime can meet a dog's needs (which is BS)...

Anyway, enter Tanner...he's a terrier mix and a little timid, but Rem and Chucky will have him out of his shell and acting like a dog in no time! :D
    be philanthropic
    welcome tanner!!! :mrgreen:
    Came upstairs the other night a found Nikita in her favourite place in her favourite position :lol::lol: I've had to put a sheet down cause I got so tired of spending hours vacuuming the couch :twisted:

3ab5b297.jpg

if they do that on the edge of the BED, they can fall off. :roll: :lol:
    Me and the hubs are adopting a rescue dog! We'll be picking him up next weekend!! Remy and Charley have been quite tolerant of other dogs we've had at home for weeks at a time (friends leave their dogs with us when they go on vacay), so I'm sure they'll be fine. New pooch's name is Tanner and I think he came from a high-kill shelter in California and did not have a very good life in the first place. He's been fostered in Orgeon and now he's coming to live with us!

We went this route because the SPCA in BC did not seem interested in helping me save a shelter dog. There was a lovely looking terrier thing at the SPCA in Prince Rupert and they wouldn't send him down to Victoria for me. That was about two months ago - and the dog is still at the shelter! Another rescue group locally didn't want me to take one of their dogs because I work fulltime (as does hubby) and they don't believe people who work fulltime can meet a dog's needs (which is BS)...

Anyway, enter Tanner...he's a terrier mix and a little timid, but Rem and Chucky will have him out of his shell and acting like a dog in no time! :D
    too timid for a picture? :? ;):mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    i have never seen norm sleep belly up...either he's weird or your pups are...i'm thinking it's norm :oops: :lol::lol:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

LOL!
    I thought he said no more!!?!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    norm wrote:
    i have never seen norm sleep belly up...either he's weird or your pups are...i'm thinking it's norm :oops: :lol::lol:
    nikita's a girl; gracie's a girl.......maybe norm doesn't want to expose his "stuff" :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    A tribute to my little, beautiful girl Bailey who lost her life to kidney failure on Dec 5th. She was almost 14 years old and can never be replaced.....

RIP Bailey

Just Breathe.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbz3qLIjbc