~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Great to see so many new dog pics! I love Nikita playing on the beach and poor busted Sammi.
    Looking forward to those dynamic cell shots of Gracie at the park. :P ;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    Great story, Pepe :thumbup:
    Theovl316 wrote:
    I had two dogs, Buster a black lab and Koda miniature dachshund.

We put Buster down a few weeks ago.. toughest thing ever did..

he was 16
    I'm so sorry. Buster will live on in your heart.

You've come to the right thread. Many of us have been through that experience. :cry:

yeah, absolutely to the above ^^^^. These folks saved my heart when Shelby died :cry: .
    Looking forward to those dynamic cell shots of Gracie at the park. :P ;)

I don't know how dynamic it is :lol: but, hey, I figured it out! Put in some PJ ringtones, texted PJ_ROCKS last night :shock: and now this.....phone pictures. I'm a regular 21st century dweeb. :mrgreen:

Photo0027.jpg

you can tell she thinks she's pretty hot stuff.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    drsluggo wrote:

Either way... until those friggin bunnies get out of that nest I have to run security for them. And what kind of bunny puts a nest in a yard with a ginormous dog? Because they do it 2-3X a year!

:lol::lol::lol:

that's hilarious! would even be better with........pictures! ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I feel 100000000% Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called the cardiologist that will be giving Petey his post stem cell check-ups if we do them, what a wonderful caring man!!!! We have a appointment for Tuesday to get a new Echo cardiogram and he will help me to decide when and if I should do the stem cells!!! I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The Dr. asked ME if I was ok???!!! I started balling and said NO I hate this stupid disease! He was so kind and compassionate that right then and there I decided no matter what...he is Petey's doctor from now on. He is the cardiologist for my Dobe friend who is also a veterinarian, her dog Rah also has DCM, his is worse then Petey's but he is older. So he must be good!!!

ALSO....GUESS WHO IS GOING TO SEE PJ??????? ME! I had decided I wasn't going to see any of the shows, after being shut out of all sales for MSG, and surprise...NJ pops up! WOW do I have a guardian angel or what????

great news!! norm and i are thinking of you and petey :mrgreen:
    haffajappa wrote:
    So my brother has been having a lot of parties lately and sammi gets nervous with all the strange ppl around, and my mom has been bringing her upstairs into the bedrooms (a place she is usually not allowed ot go)

Anyways, I thought, well... If she can come up then why not anytime? So i snuck her up into my bedroom and she slept on my bed last night - something I've never let her do before but have always wanted to. But it was super cute!!

DSC_0534.jpg

i LOVE this pic :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2648.jpg

Lovin' the action picture :D

Here's a few of Nikita making a friend on the beach

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

seeing these great pics makes me think that one day it would be great if we could get all of our dogs together for big doggie play date :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

seeing these great pics makes me think that one day it would be great if we could get all of our dogs together for big doggie play date :mrgreen::mrgreen:

hell, yeah!!! as long as little norm didn't get all macho! ;):lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    What a great thread! PJ and dogs, I've found my new favorite place.

WELCOME!! :mrgreen:

Embarrassing moment this morning: Folks bought the house behind us two years ago. We live in a densely populated area and our second-floor deck looks down into our yard and into the neighbor's yard and porch. Two years ago when they moved in our dogs were in the yard and I looked down at them and said, "Sailor! Don't pee on your sister!" as our Lab was lifting his leg on puppy Tessie. Next thing I saw was the neighbor woman look up at me, startled, then she turned and scurried into her house. I'm pretty sure she thought at the time that we have a kid named Sailor and he's out there peeing on his sister. We've never exhanged words _ I think she works odd hours, and we're away a lot of weekends.

Fast forward to this morning. I open the slider, all three dogs go running out to do their business. Then Sailor and Sweet Pea come running back in. No Tessie. I'm running late and have their food all ready, but since I feed them all at the same time I'm waiting for her. I go out to the deck, look down, and she's got her nose buried in something under one of the bushes. I said, sounding snippy (I'm really not a morning person), "Excuse me! What do you think you're doing?" Then I see the neighbor woman who unbeknownst to me was apparently sorting trash on her deck, look up and stare at me _ she turned immediatly and trotted into her house. My jaw dropped and I just gaped. I couldn't even think of what to say (see, I told you I'm not a morning person).

:oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    drsluggo wrote:
    Lots of great pictures the last 24 hours -- keep it up everyone! :D

My only story today is that our dog has found a bunny nest in the yard so we have to constantly watch him when he goes out and chase him away when he goes near. The sad thing is he doesn't want to eat them, but he thinks he can play with them. It's really sad since he's 110lb and they are like 8 ounces? But he just kind of swats at them and then when they run he just chases them around. He's never tried to bite/eat them... so either he really wants to play or he is one cruel pup.

Either way... until those friggin bunnies get out of that nest I have to run security for them. And what kind of bunny puts a nest in a yard with a ginormous dog? Because they do it 2-3X a year!

yep norm would do that...he caught a field mouse once and played with it just like that...cruel bastard! :lol:
    th_WeavePoleChallengesept08.jpg

Sailor the Labrador Retriever. Love of my life. Otherwise known as "Sir Full Of Himself."

th_JumpingPea4.jpg

Sweet Pea the Treeing Walker Coonhound. Best running buddy ever.

th_Tessie.jpg

Tessie the All American. Slays me with those big round eyeballs.

Okay, here goes _ I hope I did this right!
    :?

gorgeous dogs! i love the last pic! :mrgreen:
    Theovl316 wrote:

he was 16

aww i'm so sorry :(
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Theovl316 wrote:

he was 16
    I'm so sorry. Buster will live on in your heart.

You've come to the right thread. Many of us have been through that experience. :cry:

Thanks everyone! Go to know that there are PJ fans that are also dog lovers. I will see If I can't get a pic of Buster up here soon.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    haffajappa wrote:
    by the way... samm i and are
    BUSTED!

she snuck into my room again last night and this morning my mom was wondering where she was... she opened my door at 5am and found out our little secret. *gaaasp* "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE"
    Sammi had to do the walk of shame down the stairs.

this won't be the end
    . 8-)
    DSC_0531.jpg

geez what's the big deal...she's just sleeping...it's not like she chewing apart the bed :roll: ;) :P
    imalive wrote:
    I don't know how dynamic it is :lol: but, hey, I figured it out! Put in some PJ ringtones, texted PJ_ROCKS last night :shock: and now this.....phone pictures. I'm a regular 21st century dweeb. :mrgreen:

ringtones, texting and phone pics?!?!! :shock: i guess your luddite days are behind you ;):lol:
    imalive wrote:
    Photo0027.jpg

you can tell she thinks she's pretty hot stuff.

i get that vibe from gracie :P :lol::mrgreen:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

Django and Penny are in! :thumbup:
    And I know that Petey and Gracie will be there! :wave:

With all the new dog pictures I got distracted and forgot to say YAY! for the news about Petey. :oops: :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

as long as everyone plays according to norm's rules, all will be fine! :shock: :P :lol:
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    What a great thread! PJ and dogs, I've found my new favorite place.

Question: How are you posting your photos? I would love to share some of my three dogs.

Welcome :D

Under the blue box where it says "Upload videos and images" it says Use CTRL to select multiple files (more options); choose more options. It will ask you what size you want to import your images at; choose large (640x480) and that should do it :thumbup:

Theovl316 wrote:

he was 16

Welcome to you as well. I'm so sorry about Buddy :(
    {{{hugs}}} and {{{good vibes}}} being sent your way.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

as long as everyone plays according to norm's rules, all will be fine! :shock: :P :lol:

:problem: :think: Hmmm, that might not work. Nikita can be a grade A dominant bitch when there are a lot of dogs around :o :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    norm wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    Lots of great pictures the last 24 hours -- keep it up everyone! :D

My only story today is that our dog has found a bunny nest in the yard so we have to constantly watch him when he goes out and chase him away when he goes near. The sad thing is he doesn't want to eat them, but he thinks he can play with them. It's really sad since he's 110lb and they are like 8 ounces? But he just kind of swats at them and then when they run he just chases them around. He's never tried to bite/eat them... so either he really wants to play or he is one cruel pup.

yep norm would do that...he caught a field mouse once and played with it just like that...cruel bastard! :lol:
    Yeah - I'm hoping he doesn't know just how evil it is to try and play with them! I think he really just needs a friend to play with - apparently we are cutting it!

I'm not sure how to get pictures of it though... its usually me running through the yard yelling "CHOPS! NOOOOOOOOOO" as I try to jump in between him and a nest of bunnies as Chops is ripping the cover off of it (grass/sticks/leaves that they use). :)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

Django and Penny are in! :thumbup:
    And I know that Petey and Gracie will be there! :wave:

With all the new dog pictures I got distracted and forgot to say YAY! for the news about Petey. :oops: :mrgreen:
    doggie pre-party?
    the band members' dogs are invited as well of course
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    doggie pre-party?

I was thinking the same thing.....they'd be telling each other how weird their owners are. :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    doggie pre-party?

I was thinking the same thing.....they'd be telling each other how weird their owners are. :shifty:
    Any wondering how dare any of us leave them to see a band perform a concert!
    What if its an outdoor concert...
    ehh ehh ??
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    imalive wrote:

I hope you have a camera and are going to share some pictures of the sleepover ;) ! Gracie is just the opposite....she eats BETTER when there is another dog eating nearby. It's like she's in a competition to see who can finish first :lol: . And also, she doesn't want to leave even one little kibble for someone else!

There'll be pix.....hopefully put some on tonight after I finish work. They were playing with our neighbours new pup today too, she's a golden retriever x black labrador, but so far she is all black. Just beautiful and they all got along too!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hithere.jpg

he sleeps upside down leaning against the wall on the top front step. i had to disturb him so i could actually open the front door to get out.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    So we went out for dinner tonight and I was taking some leftovers home for later. However, I stopped at the grocery store on my way and when I got back to the truck I was greeted by a very contrite (yeah right! ;) ) Nikita, who was still licking her lips :roll: I had a very hard time being upset as I scolded her. She even ate the lettuce and carrots :shock: I imagined the short mental conversation in her head as she jumped into the back seat, "I know I'm gonna catch shit for this, but I'm sure it will be worth it." :think: :thumbup:
    hithere.jpg

he sleeps upside down leaning against the wall on the top front step. i had to disturb him so i could actually open the front door to get out.

Aww, so cute :thumbup:
    hithere.jpg

aww damn that cool! :mrgreen:
    So we went out for dinner tonight and I was taking some leftovers home for later. However, I stopped at the grocery store on my way and when I got back to the truck I was greeted by a very contrite (yeah right! ;) ) Nikita, who was still licking her lips :roll: I had a very hard time being upset as I scolded her. She even ate the lettuce and carrots :shock: I imagined the short mental conversation in her head as she jumped into the back seat, "I know I'm gonna catch shit for this, but I'm sure it will be worth it." :think: :thumbup:

:lol::lol:
    lol thats why dogs were born with the gift of 'puppy eyes'