~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Lizard wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    26636_10150110833945043_529100042_11376653_1125737_n.jpg

sammi outside with us celebrating the gold after we scored :):)
    she got a lot of honks!
    Your doggy is soooooooo cute!
    shes hands down the BEST dog my family has ever had.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    imalive wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    Rocky my younger daughter and Logan
    [url][/url]p1010658.jpg

that's a great pic.......but your url/img usage needs work. ;)
    LOL! it does, cute dog pile, none the less :lol:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    We're thinking about Gracie in Texas and we KNOW she's gonna be OK. :thumbup:

Django went to the vet today for his annual. He's been doing so much better since he started taking arthritis medicine about a week and a half ago. When we were leaving the vet's, before I could lift him into the back of my RAV4, he jumped in by himself. :shock: He is feeling a LOT better. :clap:

More good news: The vet said that instead of the medication that cost $103 for a month's supply, we'd switch Django to one that is only $11 a month. :clap:

My vet told me something funny today. The first time I took Django in when he was just a little puppy, I had no idea that my vet is a big fan of Django Reinhardt. So the first time he saw him, he said "Can you play the guitar yet, Django?" Now every time I take him in the vet will say something like "Go home and practice your guitar, Django." My vet told me that someone else came in recently with a puppy named Django. So my vet said the same thing to his dog, "Can you play guitar yet?" Only the person had no idea what the vet was talking about! He just thought Django was a cool sounding name. :roll: Well, I guess it is a cool sounding name.

My vet's receptionist can never get the name right. I told her numerous times that the D is silent but she always pronounces it Duh-Jango. Now I just try not to laugh whenever she calls him that.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    imalive wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    Rocky my younger daughter and Logan
    [url][/url]p1010658.jpg

that's a great pic.......but your url/img usage needs work. ;)
    Im a dope when it comes to this stuff, but im working on it
    :)
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,877

Thanks to EVERYONE who is thinking about my girl :angel: . I should know something in about 3 hours. As exciting as the tour announcement is, it's today's secondary concern for me (by far!).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    imalive wrote:

Thanks to EVERYONE who is thinking about my girl :angel: . I should know something in about 3 hours. As exciting as the tour announcement is, it's today's secondary concern for me (by far!).
    Hope all is well with Gracie!!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    haffajappa wrote:

she got a lot of honks!

Sammi is one cute dog!!!! :thumbup: your photo hosting site is blocked at my work, so I had to wait till I got home to witness her cuteness.

So............back to the oncologist today. I had thought he might do a needle biopsy today to check to see if the cancer was gone or not....well, I guess I kinda misunderstood....he said he COULD do it (if I wanted) but he was "pretty sure it would be negative" :mrgreen: and we could then stop treatment and hope/watch. But what he would RATHER do is continue with the six month protocol and then stop. I said "hell yes, whatever you think is best." So, she got chemo #5 and another month of medicine with one more chemo to come. Her blood panels got an A and an A- (elevated glucose, due to all the treats he shovels to Gracie :mrgreen: ). What made me smile is when Dr. Macy said "my feeling is she'll beat it." Literally, I broke into a grin. I'm going to let Gracie nap for a bit and then we'll head to the park and see if any "buddies" are there...

IMG_2649.jpg

(usual pose, new picture :lol: )

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    YAY FOR GRACIE!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and you too rob ;):mrgreen:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    So............back to the oncologist today. I had thought he might do a needle biopsy today to check to see if the cancer was gone or not....well, I guess I kinda misunderstood....he said he COULD do it (if I wanted) but he was "pretty sure it would be negative" :mrgreen: and we could then stop treatment and hope/watch. But what he would RATHER do is continue with the six month protocol and then stop. I said "hell yes, whatever you think is best." So, she got chemo #5 and another month of medicine with one more chemo to come. Her blood panels got an A and an A- (elevated glucose, due to all the treats he shovels to Gracie :mrgreen: ). What made me smile is when Dr. Macy said "my feeling is she'll beat it." Literally, I broke into a grin. I'm going to let Gracie nap for a bit and then we'll head to the park and see if any "buddies" are there...

IMG_2649.jpg

GREAT NEWS! Very happy for you and Gracie both. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

she got a lot of honks!

Sammi is one cute dog!!!! :thumbup: your photo hosting site is blocked at my work, so I had to wait till I got home to witness her cuteness.

IMG_2649.jpg

thats good news! hopefully things continue to stay positive!!
    gracie is in me and sammi's thoughts!! <3
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Great news about Gracie :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this lives at my house now. his name is cj. dont ask me i didnt name him. hes about 8 weeks old.

cj.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    this lives at my house now. his name is cj. dont ask me i didnt name him. hes about 8 weeks old.

cj.jpg

"This"????? :? He's soooooooooo beautiful!!! Thanks for at least posting his picture!!! :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    High five for Gracie!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SENROCK wrote:

cj.jpg

"This"????? :? He's soooooooooo beautiful!!! Thanks for at least posting his picture!!! :)

yes he is beautiful, which makes it difficult to get him out of the house. permission wasnt given for him to join the family and now im in the position of possibly playing bad cop and watching the toddlermonsters face drop when shes told cj is gone. my daughter is out of the house for 14 hours a day and had no right to buy a puppy she cant raise properly. he needs company and its up to me to provide that cause i cant stand to hear him whine for someone. i am far from happy with this sen. but im not a total ogre so......

. oh and heres the kicker.. the poor little guy has a hernia.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    SENROCK wrote:

cj.jpg

yes he is beautiful, which makes it difficult to get him out of the house. permission wasnt given for him to join the family and now im in the position of possibly playing bad cop and watching the toddlermonsters face drop when shes told cj is gone. my daughter is out of the house for 14 hours a day and had no right to buy a puppy she cant raise properly. he needs company and its up to me to provide that cause i cant stand to hear him whine for someone. i am far from happy with this sen. but im not a total ogre so......

ahhhh that SUPER sucks. :( I completely understand the fact of him needing proper care. As much as he is just gorgeous, its best if he is with someone that can give him all he needs. This always breaks my heart. People get doggies on emotion and they end up being neglected, returned, or worse, they die of broken hearts. Whatever the reason your daughter got cj, im gladd we at least got to see him! Im sorry you are in this situation, i wish you AND him the best.

this kind of happened with Sammi...
    we got her and i ended up being really busy (I was 12) so my grandparents took care of her and ended up getting really attatched to her, so we didn't have the heart to bring her back to our house. Anyways, my grandfather died about 4 years ago and so Sammi migrated back to our place. Technically she's the whole family's dog.

WELL, shes MY dog when she throws up in the house or barks in the middle of the night at noises or needs to be fed or needs a walk or sheds hair or.... ya get my drift
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Great News for Gracie !! :clap:

I have some new pictures of the baby with our first 2 babies :)

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

I hope she likes BIG dogs licking her when she gets older :roll: ;) :problem:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

OMG! I LOVE THIS!
    soooo cute!!!!

and all the more reason dogs are 100x better than cats!
    they are SO good with children.. so protective too...

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

GOLDENS RULE!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: (I wish there was a bigger font!)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Agreed
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Thanks, all of you!! Gracie had a great day yesterday. After the chemo, she went to the park and played frisbee catch...then my sis-in-law came into town with her 13 YO dog (Cooper) and Gracie spent the rest of the day trying to get him to play (not very successfully). :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Phantom Pain, those pictures you posted are
    sooooooooooooooooooo cute...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

damn that's cute :mrgreen:
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    edited March 2010
    Hug your puppies everyone... love your goldens everyone...and every other type of dog...and please, if you see an animal in distress or you think it's in distress...please call for help...

PS. Great news about Gracie! I'm so thrilled to hear this great news!!
    Post edited by vedderfan10 on
    be philanthropic
    Hug your puppies everyone...

Not to be a downer, but this needs to be internationally known....

Respectfully, I reeeeally hope that link isnt one that contains ANY kind of doggie abuse. If it does, i fully understand the need to get as many people to be against that stuff but......in HERE? Its kind of a safe haven and we are the doggie thread and HATE peoples horrible actions toward doggies so i mean, we all are alreddie against it. i personally get bothered by links to videos like that and would rather we post a link to a petition or something instead of video. It just breaks me to even think of some heartless idiot causing harm to an innocent doggie. :( However, i DO agree that everyone should hug their doggies!!!!! :D

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

I absolutely love these pictures :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: Dogs Rule!!! :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    haffajappa wrote:

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

OMG! I LOVE THIS!
    soooo cute!!!!

and all the more reason dogs are 100x better than cats!
    they are SO good with children.. so protective too...

Bailey is soooooooooo protective

It was funny last night when we came home the baby was still sleeping in her carrier so we left her in there on the table...later on Bailey peeked into the Pack-Play realized she wasn't in the Pack-Play he turned around to us on the couch and squeaked...like where is she ? :)

imalive wrote:

BabyCaraBaileyKisses.jpg

CaraBaileyChloe.jpg

GOLDENS RULE!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: (I wish there was a bigger font!)

Word !!!!!!

Although Miss Chloe helped herself to a muffin and a roll off the counter the other day while we were out!

Bailey never would take stuff off the counter...but she is a scavenger!!

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Phantom Pain, those pictures you posted are
    sooooooooooooooooooo cute...

Thanks !

They love their little sister

She's getting used to the licks to the face now

:lol: