~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hello everyone! Glad all the Doggies are doing good!

DSC02194.jpg
    What a HANDSOME guy Petey is! Great pic. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Exciting news....just for my PJ doggie friends!

This is my Goddaughter!!!

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/seas ... unningham/
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Exciting news....just for my PJ doggie friends!

This is my Goddaughter!!!

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/seas ... unningham/
    Beautiful young woman- was she on last nite? I watched but was cleaning up kitchen etc must have missed her
    Is she going to Hollywood?? Good luck to her that is so exciting
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    ...and my wife worries that Gracie is in her dog run today and it MIGHT sprinkle. :roll: :lol:

IMG_0090.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    ...and my wife worries that Gracie is in her dog run today and it MIGHT sprinkle. :roll: :lol:

IMG_0090.jpg

:lol:

I love how she is just lounging in the snow...Zeke does the exact same thing, lol.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Little Guy is back ... he's chillin' with his favorite blue rhino, his belly is shaved as he had an unltrasound last week. He was diagnosed with Cushing's disease, which affects the liver. Treatable, think we caught it early enough ... will know more after a month of pills when we take him back ...

LGwRhino.jpg

The one month update. Took LG back the vet this weekend and just got the tests back ... his enzyme levels are "amazingly back to normal" per the vet ... so, the medicine worked exactly as it should! :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Little Guy is back ... he's chillin' with his favorite blue rhino, his belly is shaved as he had an unltrasound last week. He was diagnosed with Cushing's disease, which affects the liver. Treatable, think we caught it early enough ... will know more after a month of pills when we take him back ...

LGwRhino.jpg

The one month update. Took LG back the vet this weekend and just got the tests back ... his enzyme levels are "amazingly back to normal" per the vet ... so, the medicine worked exactly as it should! :D

awesome news!
    :thumbup:

it makes me happy to read all the healthy doggie news. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

LGwRhino.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

it's all that booze he drinks!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

LGwRhino.jpg

Great news!
    BTW has he ever considered posing for PlayDog? :P ;)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,723
    cute doggie
    I miss igotid88
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    My girls are with dad tonight....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 0_1096.jpg

Miss Callie was diagnosed with vestibular disease this evening.....a brain disorder that for short periods of time affects her equilibrium...for her, she spins in circles. Some Benedryl helps with any dizzyness she may get from it and it will go away in a few days. My ex had to deal with it tonight as I'm visiting with my mom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 0_0671.jpg
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,244
    I Just got me this Blue-Nose Pitbull puppy, was gonna name him EDDIE because of his Blue eyes, but we decided to call him BLUE

SV200007.jpg
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    I Just got me this Blue-Nose Pitbull puppy, was gonna name him EDDIE because of his Blue eyes, but we decided to call him BLUE

SV200007.jpg

OMG!!!!! He is adorable! I just want to bite him!!!!!!!!
    Love the puppy stage!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

Whizbang wrote:

SV200007.jpg

OMG!!!!! He is adorable! I just want to bite him!!!!!!!!
    Love the puppy stage!

he's crazy, he hasn't stopped biting, he bites everything!!! :o
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774

SV200007.jpg

:shock: :mrgreen: He's BEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE make sure that BLUE 'grows up' in this thread by posting LOTS of pictures!!!!!!!! :wave:
    YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!! :lol:
    imalive wrote:

IMG_0090.jpg

GOOD! Your wife is great. Rain gets doggies all muddy!!! SNOW is 'safer'!!! :lol: LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this picture!!!
    Whizbang wrote:

Miss Callie was diagnosed with vestibular disease this evening.....a brain disorder that for short periods of time affects her equilibrium...for her, she spins in circles. Some Benedryl helps with any dizzyness she may get from it and it will go away in a few days. My ex had to deal with it tonight as I'm visiting with my mom.

When u see little miss callie, give her a tight hug for me please! :D and these pictures are FANTASTIC!!!!

~Sen!
    Since this is the DOGGIE thread.....I just wanted to mention that i LOVVVVVE seeing all the rescue doggies helping out during the Haiti disaster. It makes me feel good that all of us are in love with the kind of animal that can actually HELP someone. I never hear of snakes or iguanas or a freakin CAT being sent out to help in situations like this. You never hear of "seeing eye CATS" or a squirrel or turtle that are part of a narcotics team at the police department! :lol: Can u imagine the little backspacer turtle in the front seat of a cop car reddie to go sniff out drugs??!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: No! Its a DOGS assistance that is needed and it makes me love them even more!!! Doggies are the BEST and dont let annnnnnnnyone tell you all different!!! :wave: Thanks you guys, for keeping this thread "riding high" while im.......away 8-)

~Sen!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    2nd opinion was the same as the first. He has DCM, we didn't catch it early. He has another 24 hour monitor on right now, and after the Cardiologist reads the results he will be put on a cocktail of meds. I'm sick and crying all over again. I love him so much that the thought of losing him at only 3 years old is overwhelming. Thanks everyone for the good vibes.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    2nd opinion was the same as the first. He has DCM, we didn't catch it early. He has another 24 hour monitor on right now, and after the Cardiologist reads the results he will be put on a cocktail of meds. I'm sick and crying all over again. I love him so much that the thought of losing him at only 3 years old is overwhelming. Thanks everyone for the good vibes.

i'm so sorry carol...norm and i are sending good thoughts and hugs
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Having lost 2 dogs before the age of 5 to congenital diseases my heart breaks with you- coming entirely from that place I say "it is a better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" that is all you have and each precious day forward and Petey might surprise everyone-
    prayers to you and beautiful Petey
    Whizbang wrote:

beautiful labs :mrgreen: !! I've heard of quite a few dogs with the dizzy problem. Not a real big deal, I don't think.

he's crazy, he hasn't stopped biting, he bites everything!!! :o

Mine is going on two years and does the same thing! :shock: :lol:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

GOOD! Your wife is great. Rain gets doggies all muddy!!! SNOW is 'safer'!!! :lol: LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this picture!!!

a) Gracie's run is concrete with a house, a pool, two water bowls and about a thousand toys.

b) I'm positive that Gracie would LOVE to get muddy! ;)
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Since this is the DOGGIE thread.....I just wanted to mention that i LOVVVVVE seeing all the rescue doggies helping out during the Haiti disaster. It makes me feel good that all of us are in love with the kind of animal that can actually HELP someone. I never hear of snakes or iguanas or a freakin CAT being sent out to help in situations like this. You never hear of "seeing eye CATS" or a squirrel or turtle that are part of a narcotics team at the police department! :lol: Can u imagine the little backspacer turtle in the front seat of a cop car reddie to go sniff out drugs??!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: No! Its a DOGS assistance that is needed and it makes me love them even more!!! Doggies are the BEST and dont let annnnnnnnyone tell you all different!!! :wave: Thanks you guys, for keeping this thread "riding high" while im.......away 8-)

Always great to have you check in, Sen :wave: . Gracie, for one, can't get enough AWWWWWWWWWs. and you're right, reptiles are pretty worthless ;) . They either just lie there or eat mice :shock: .

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :shock: :mrgreen: He's BEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE make sure that BLUE 'grows up' in this thread by posting LOTS of pictures!!!!!!!! :wave:
    YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!! :lol:
    [/quote]

will do, i hope he doesn't get TOO BIG, lol
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

When u see little miss callie, give her a tight hug for me please! :D and these pictures are FANTASTIC!!!!

~Sen!

Thanks!
    Chris got to see the worst of it last night and at the vet. It's frightening and frustrating for her because her brain is telling her she's off balance but she wants to walk straight at you....so she'd spin in circles. She's doing MUCH better tonight. She's still worried about it in certain situations - walking into the kitchen she has to pass by a partially open child gate. She was worried she couldn't get around it so we had to open it all the way. There is no known cause and is more common in older dogs.
    I got lots of kisses from them to get me through the night! :)

PJaddicted wrote:
    So sorry to hear this. :cry:
    You and Petey will stay in my thoughts and I'll keep hoping that he can beat the odds. He is a special dog and maybe his situation will be special too.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

SV200007.jpg
    wwwwah! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhh!!
    sooooo cuuuuuuuuuuutte
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    imalive wrote:
    Always great to have you check in, Sen :wave: . Gracie, for one, can't get enough AWWWWWWWWWs. and you're right, reptiles are pretty worthless ;) . They either just lie there or eat mice :shock: .
    Rob, Gracie will NEVER stop getting AWWWWWWs from me!!! :D That little doggie is the first one that warmed my heart back up after losing Surf! :mrgreen:
    PJaddicted wrote:

Always know that all of us in this thread love you and support you! :D

will do, i hope he doesn't get TOO BIG, lol
    And if he gets "TOO BIG".....u arent thinking of giving him up ARE YOU???????? :shock: :lolno:
  • Whizbang wrote:

Aww poor baby. I'm sorry. Beautiful doggy. I love labs. I have a black lab myself.