~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• I Just got me this Blue-Nose Pitbull puppy, was gonna name him EDDIE because of his Blue eyes, but we decided to call him BLUE

SV200007.jpg

Ernie, your Blue is so freaking adorable. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJaddicted wrote:
    2nd opinion was the same as the first. He has DCM, we didn't catch it early. He has another 24 hour monitor on right now, and after the Cardiologist reads the results he will be put on a cocktail of meds. I'm sick and crying all over again. I love him so much that the thought of losing him at only 3 years old is overwhelming. Thanks everyone for the good vibes.

I had completely missed this earlier. I am so sorry. Hugs and slobbery Lab kisses from my girls to you and Petey.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    edited January 2010
    Whizbang wrote:

I had completely missed this earlier. I am so sorry. Hugs and slobbery Lab kisses from my girls to you and Petey.

I also missed it :cry: . We're all pulling for you and Big Pete!!!

so..... a couple nights ago, I was at work, but Gracie was being her usual after dinner wild self. I guess she was digging at her bed and dragging it around the living room as she often does :roll: . So, my wife got a little tired of that and threw Gracie's bed up on a chair. Moments later, this if what my wife found:

IMG_2533.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    so..... a couple nights ago, I was at work, but I guess Gracie was being her usual after dinner wild self. I guess she was digging at her bed and dragging it around the living room as she often does :roll: . So, my wife got a little tired of that and threw Gracie's bed up on a chair. Moments later, this if what my wife found:

IMG_2533.jpg

god do i love dogs! :mrgreen:
    btw, you know that old saying that a dog and it's owner will begin to look alike? well norm looked at me and thought 'man i don't wanna look like that!' ;) so since my master snores like a chainsaw, i think i will too! :shock:

seriously, this little 45 pound dog can shake the rafters with his snoring sometimes...just like me :oops: :twisted: :lol:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    norm wrote:
    btw, you know that old saying that a dog and it's owner will begin to look alike? well norm looked at me and thought 'man i don't wanna look like that!' ;) so since my master snores like a chainsaw, i think i will too! :shock:

seriously, this little 45 pound dog can shake the rafters with his snoring sometimes...just like me :oops: :twisted: :lol:
    My little Penny, at 22 lbs., is the soundest sleeper I've ever seen. If you try to wake her up in the morning, she will growl at you! :wtf: :shock:
    When she snores at night I don't think a bull elephant could make more noise. :lol:

DSC03517.jpg
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    My little Penny, at 22 lbs., is the soundest sleeper I've ever seen. If you try to wake her up in the morning, she will growl at you! :wtf: :shock:
    When she snores at night I don't think a bull elephant could make more noise. :lol:

:lol::lol: well it's good to know i'm not alone :D
    DSC03517.jpg

what a sweetie!! :mrgreen:
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,244
    I Just got me this Blue-Nose Pitbull puppy, was gonna name him EDDIE because of his Blue eyes, but we decided to call him BLUE

SV200007.jpg

Thank you
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    norm wrote:

:lol::lol: well it's good to know i'm not alone :D
    You are far from alone! :lol:
    I can shake the rafters with my own snoring ( :oops: ) but I still can't figure out how such a little dog can make so much noise! :shock:
    norm wrote:
    DSC03517.jpg

what a sweetie!! :mrgreen:
    Thanks, she is a real sweetie. One of the most affectionate dogs I've ever known. :D
  • edited January 2010
    update on Doug the Dog

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    this is a good page of pooches!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    jimed14 wrote:
    this is a good page of pooches!

seriously!
    :thumbup:
    great pics all!

and carol......:(
    i am so, so, soooo sorry for your petey news.
    enjoy whatever time you have together.
    *hugs*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

:thumbup: Doug the Dog :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,736
    I Just got me this Blue-Nose Pitbull puppy, was gonna name him EDDIE because of his Blue eyes, but we decided to call him BLUE

SV200007.jpg

He's adorable :D (and so are the other dogs)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    CROJAM95 wrote:

p.s......did you ever get that situation handled with Ringo being aggressive with smaller doggies? As i was looking at all the doggie pics in here, I came across your post about that and didn't know if anyone contributed in helping you find solutions. [/b]

Well we've banned all fluffy and stuffed toys from the house. Only balls and tug of war toys from now on. We've kept her away from other dogs for now. She's got plenty of friends to play with with Ringo and Orbit so no dog parks for now. We have a river about 5 minutes from our place where we can get a spot to ourselves and play with them.

I sent this pic to my girlfriend the other day and I had labelled it the 3 amigo's

100_2626.jpg

She wrote back "More like the children of the corn with all those glowing eyes!" :lol::lol:

They've been a crazy bunch lately. Orbit so big and boofy and she gets so excited when you get home or are making them dinner and that sends the other two into a frenzy. Funny stuff!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • We just got allergy test results back for our wheaten terrier (Riley), and she's allergic to all sorts of stuff, including her food (chicken, pork & oats), dust, and random trees and plants... I have to go pick up new food for her tonight and we gotta see what we can do to get the dust under control in our house.

We are hoping to avoid allergy shots and to get off of Atopica ($50 for 15 pills!)...

And our boxer pup (Max) just got neutered last week, and since neither ball dropped, the surgery was more invasive and more expensive... we joke that it cost more to find his nuts than it did to buy him in the first place.

We've spent waaaayyyy too much time and money at the vet the last few weeks!

Riley
    IMG_0124.jpg

Max
    IMG_0119.jpg

Both being lazy on the couch
    IMG_0080.jpg
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    awwwww......great pics!

and vet bills, gggggggggrrrrrrrr. don't even want to get into that. be thankful that you vet bills are improving your pet's lives, not the end of them...:(

all the doggies are looking adorable!

and austicman, that's it...i'm coming to oz and dognapping orbit! :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

We are hoping to avoid allergy shots and to get off of Atopica ($50 for 15 pills!)...

And our boxer pup (Max) just got neutered last week, and since neither ball dropped, the surgery was more invasive and more expensive... we joke that it cost more to find his nuts than it did to buy him in the first place.

We've spent waaaayyyy too much time and money at the vet the last few weeks!

I think a LOT of us can relate to that. Gracie takes a pill daily (among others) which is 8 bucks a pop :shock: . Not complaining, though ;) .

P.S. the pharmaceutical companies are not content to screw just their human customers :shh: .

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    P.S. the pharmaceutical companies are not content to screw just their human customers :shh: .
    True dat! :problem: :evil:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Austicman wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

p.s......did you ever get that situation handled with Ringo being aggressive with smaller doggies? As i was looking at all the doggie pics in here, I came across your post about that and didn't know if anyone contributed in helping you find solutions. [/b]

Well we've banned all fluffy and stuffed toys from the house. Only balls and tug of war toys from now on. We've kept her away from other dogs for now. She's got plenty of friends to play with with Ringo and Orbit so no dog parks for now. We have a river about 5 minutes from our place where we can get a spot to ourselves and play with them.

I sent this pic to my girlfriend the other day and I had labelled it the 3 amigo's

100_2626.jpg

She wrote back "More like the children of the corn with all those glowing eyes!" :lol::lol:

They've been a crazy bunch lately. Orbit so big and boofy and she gets so excited when you get home or are making them dinner and that sends the other two into a frenzy. Funny stuff!!
    Don't you just want to grab those little jowly parts! So cute
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Even Flow I may not be in here as often, I do think about you guys and hope the best for everyone and your dogs.....

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

MrSmith wrote:
    3.jpg

that's an awesome looking dog....what "is" he???

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    3.jpg

Benji ?

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,244
    MrSmith wrote:
    update on Doug the Dog

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

COOL DOG
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    3.jpg

Wookie? :ugeek: ;)
  • imalive wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    3.jpg

i almost put a belt on him and made him go as Chewbacca for haloween :)

i dont know what he is to be honest. he's some mutt i picked up at the shelter. my guess is a Retriever/Sheepdog mix. he has black spots on his tongue like a chow, but he isnt poofy like one.

he's awesome though. pretty laid back most of the time, except when its time to goto the park. Doug is one of a kind.
    MrSmith wrote:
    imalive wrote:

i almost put a belt on him and made him go as Chewbacca for haloween :)

i dont know what he is to be honest. he's some mutt i picked up at the shelter. my guess is a Retriever/Sheepdog mix. he has black spots on his tongue like a chow, but he isnt poofy like one.

he's awesome though. pretty laid back most of the time, except when its time to goto the park. Doug is one of a kind.

he IS awesome!
    adorable!!!
    i love mutts.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

MrSmith wrote:

just "some mutt," huh? :lol::lol::lol:

yeah, I think sheepdog/retriever is a good guess.

it's been raining (hard) here for two days. Gracie hasn't been out all day. Ruh-row! :shock: :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323

Max
    IMG_0119.jpg

Max is looking awesome!! Love Boxers!! :D
    imalive wrote:

it's been raining (hard) here for two days. Gracie hasn't been out all day. Ruh-row! :shock: :shock:

So I guess she's been climbing the walls...................................and your leg!! :shock: :lol:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:
    imalive wrote:

So I guess she's been climbing the walls...................................and your leg!! :shock: :lol:

as a matter of fact, she WAS just attached. :roll: :shock: :lol:

Orbit is looking good! :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13