~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :( sorry...rip pearl :cry:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    HeavyHands wrote:
    My dog had to be put down on Sunday.

I'm completely devastated. I'm hoping that the Chicago shows are going to be a catharsis for me.

Thanks everyone for sharing pictures of your pooches. They look awesome.

HeavyHands
    I'm very sorry, HH. :cry:

I've been there more than once and it never gets any easier.

I'm sure she had a great life with you and no one could have loved her more than you did. I will be thinking of you and look forward to seeing the pictures of her.

I hope the Chicago shows will help you feel surrounded by friendship!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169
    Over 100 pounds of pure love

sammy1.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto.jpg
    ItsOK921 wrote:

great pup :mrgreen:

sen is gonna flip when she sees him!! :mrgreen:
    TheBeach wrote:
    My dog died today. Very sudden and unexpected. I can't believe she's gone. I keep trying to work it in my head to figure out what the fuck happened. What I should have done.............
    I love you Pearl. I'm gonna miss you so much.
    So much sadness today! I'm so sorry about Pearl. :cry:

I'm sure you gave her lots of love and always did the best you could for her. Sometimes things happen to/with our dogs and we don't have all the information, so we make the best decisions we can to take care of them. Pearl always knew you loved her, I'm sure, cuz that's the way dogs are.

I will be thinking about you. Take care.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    TheBeach wrote:
    My dog died today. Very sudden and unexpected. I can't believe she's gone. I keep trying to work it in my head to figure out what the fuck happened. What I should have done.............

so sorry to hear about this,
    im left speechless and :(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    TheBeach wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear this. You're not alone. I'm in the same boat. Please don't beat yourself up. You were a good parent. I know this because if you hadn't been, Pearl's death wouldn't be impacting you so much. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it to myself.

You loved your buddy. That's the most important thing.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,870
    HeavyHands wrote:

I'm completely devastated. I'm hoping that the Chicago shows are going to be a catharsis for me.

HeavyHands
    TheBeach wrote:

Oh, man....big hugs to both you guys. It's the worst. I don't know if either of you has been thru this before but your hearts will heal. It just takes a long time. We got another dog shortly after Shelby died in May 2008. The new dog is a blast but hardly a day goes by that I don't think of Shelby. :cry::mrgreen:

Again, I gotta post this.... at least for me, it is so true:

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    TheBeach wrote:

There are just no words for that kind of pain of loss. I'm truly sorry. I've been there...and it is not easy. Practice good self care. Lots of love and hugs going out to you.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Thank you all for the kind thoughts
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    HeavyHands wrote:

HeavyHands

Awwww so sorry to hear that

:(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    TheBeach wrote:

Jeez whats going on here !

I'm sorry for your loss

:(

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    ItsOK921 wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BIG DOGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKIN LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE THESE PICS!!!!!!!!!! :D MADE MY DAY!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    TheBeach wrote:

man. :cry: im really bummed to see this. its the worst feeling ever and takes time. big hugs and if you ever need to talk, the pm button is a handy function! :mrgreen:

~Sen!
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Oh my gosh, theBeach and Heavy Hands!

It's so sad to read stuff like this - it is a fact of life and something that must happen, but wow...it's so hard when it does. There really aren't any words to describe how awful it is to lose your close companion. The good part, if there is one, is that you can still love them for the rest of your life...and you have all the great memories.

My pup left us over 3 years ago now...and I laugh at her memories most of the time, but when I read about the departed pooches on here, I'm right back to that spot and I weep...

However, this isn't about me and how I feel..this is about you guys and how you feel - you will get a ton of support from your pitmates, which is absolutely incredible. It IS a good place to pour out your emotions because pretty much everyone here has had the same experience and they understand.

Please allow yourselves to feel every emotion you want to feel and don't ever think "it's just a dog", because that's not true...and people who say that do you, they've never had the wonderful experience of that special bond, and in your sadness, you realize you were lucky to have that with your doggy...

My heart goes out to you folks...
    be philanthropic
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Such a sad day on here! :cry:

We lost our first Boxer, Jamie Lee, in 2004 at 10.5 years.

One word of advice to people who have just lost pets -- WRITE DOWN your happy memories with your dogs while they are still fresh. We used to sing Jamie little songs ALL the time and she liked sitting in certain spots around the house and had crazy fetishes for shells and all these weird little quirky things --- but now that we have another Boxer and a Dalmatian, we somtimes can't remember which memories are which dog --- and we've forgotten a few of the little songs we'd sing to Jamie Lee which we thought we'd never forget. My bf and I were trying to remember the tune and words to one of Jame's songs the other day and we CANNOT remember and it made us both sad.

Take the time to write down some of the good, fun memories....you'll be glad you did 5 years later.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    edited August 2009
    I can't sleep. I keep thinking about my puppy Gabby.

She was 14 and the snow might have been her favourite thing... Aside from treats.

IMG_5300.jpg
    Post edited by HeavyHands on
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
    I ran to the store yesterday and this is what greeted me in the living room when I got home

:)

ChloeGirl.jpg

I ran to the store yesterday and this is what greeted me in the living room when I got home

ChloeGirl.jpg

Awesome! What is his/her name? Or did he/she just break in for a nap while you were gone? :lol:
    HeavyHands wrote:

She was 14 and the snow might have been her favourite thing... Aside from treats.

IMG_5300.jpg

Awww

It's so hard...hang in there

I think my 2 love treats more :)

I think my 2 love treats more :)

Maybe... but if I can find footage of her freaking out I'll provide a link for you to determine. :)

Thanks for the kind words too. Have you picked out a name yet?
    HeavyHands wrote:

ChloeGirl.jpg

Awesome! What is his/her name? Or did he/she just break in for a nap while you were gone? :lol:

That is Chloe or "Chloe-Girl" we call her and we have Bailey or "Bailey-Boo" my wife calls him..yeah they catch naps in the living room looking out the window...I wasnt gone long so she was still in nap mode :D

Chloe was a surrendered dog by a family...we got her about a year ago

Bailey

BaileyDec07LeavesGlance.jpg

Chloe
    DSC00944.jpg

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,870

ChloeGirl.jpg

Good to see Chloe-girl again!! Gracie-girl's mother (my wife) has been letting Gracie up on our bed when I'm not around. You can guess the rest. Maybe I'll get a good night's sleep in another 12 years or so. :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    HeavyHands wrote:

IMG_5300.jpg
    Seeing this picture reminded me of one of mine:

DjangoSnow.jpg

This my dog Django's first snow. It was Valentine's Day, 2003. He was about a year old.

We don't get much snow in North Texas. It snows 2-3 times a year, very lightly. That was the heaviest snowfall we'd had in many years.

My 2 shelties, Pete and Django, went outside to play in it and they just about went crazy. They wore themselves out, bounding around the yard and barking, as if this was the most exciting thing that had ever happened. We used this picture for our Christmas cards that year.

We lost our Petey in February 2008 :( but we still have Django, and he is a big, sweet bunch of fur. :D

I'm sorry about Gabby. :cry:
    norm loves the snow!! :mrgreen:

IMG_0373.jpg
    imalive wrote:

ChloeGirl.jpg

Good to see Chloe-girl again!! Gracie-girl's mother (my wife) has been letting Gracie up on our bed when I'm not around. You can guess the rest. Maybe I'll get a good night's sleep in another 12 years or so. :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

HaHa !!

I know how you feel...ever since we got our new bedroom set which is lower then the last bed its been open season for the 2 devils ! The old set was too high for them (or so they thought) they could jump right up but they wouldn't

Bailey likes to lay right between us :roll: Talk about body heat

Chloe will sleep mainly on the floor once in awhile she jumps up but hops down when I go to bed

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Petey loves the snow too.

Peteysnow.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    HeavyHands wrote:

IMG_5300.jpg

ahhhhhhhh

snow all over her, awesome pic :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

That is Chloe or "Chloe-Girl" we call her and we have Bailey or "Bailey-Boo"...

Those are great shots. They look like wonderful companions. :)
    My 2 shelties, Pete and Django, went outside to play in it and they just about went crazy...

That's a neat shot of Django! He looks a little confused. Like "I know something's different but I just can't quite put my finger on it..." :lol:

Sorry to hear about Petey. :cry: