~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Our fur child, Rocket.

Picture267-1.jpg

:cry: this picture broke my heart! BEAUTIFUL doggie that reminds me of someone......
    imalive wrote:
    So, just last night, I'm telling my wife "ya know what? Maybe Gracie has turned the corner (to good behavior)." Gracie is 16 months old and her nightime wildness seems to be decreasing a bit. Gracie and I were just hanging out and the phone rings. Two minutes later, I hear my wife yelling "Gracie, nooooooooo!!!" She (Gracie, not my wife :lol: ) had chewed a tennis ball sized hole in her doggie bed. So, we had to clip the leash on her....it works wonders. I guess we're not quite out of the woods. Here's Gracie, serving her penance...

IMG_2401.jpg

That picture says a thousand words! I bet you Gracie is singing the lyrics to GONE in her head!"I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town" :lol:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Trix was tired after a long day of yard work yesterday. She was so tired she STOLE my spot.. :)

08-29-09.jpg

YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE!!!!!! you were dying for me to AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE IT!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Meet Vedder, my American Bulldog. My fiance and I rescued him about 8 months ago. His original owner had chained him to a tree and left him outside. At some point while he was chained up he injured his tongue and it is now paralyzed and has trouble eating. However, he is in a loving home now and we couldn't be happier!

I swear, I dont even understand a TINY bit WHY people feel the need to treat an animal, specifically a doggie, badd. I mean, whats the point? I dont get emotional about alot of things but, hearing stories of people that have abused doggies? it brings me to tears INSTANTLY. I want to say a HUGE thank you to you for rescuing "Vedder"....if I could I would shake your hand and give you the biggest hug for doing this. You are a good person and I wish you and Vedder lots of great times and long life! THANK YOU! :)
  • CROJAM95 wrote:

I swear, I dont even understand a TINY bit WHY people feel the need to treat an animal, specifically a doggie, badd. I mean, whats the point? I dont get emotional about alot of things but, hearing stories of people that have abused doggies? it brings me to tears INSTANTLY. I want to say a HUGE thank you to you for rescuing "Vedder"....if I could I would shake your hand and give you the biggest hug for doing this. You are a good person and I wish you and Vedder lots of great times and long life! THANK YOU! :)

Thank you. I, too, can't understand how people can treat animals that way. I guess some people just don't have a conscience. It is amazing how dogs that have been through so much because of bad people can seem to instantly warm up to and trust new people.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Wanted to throw a few more pictures up here because I like to show him off, ha! In the first pic you can kind of see the problem with his tongue. It is paralyzed from the tip until about halfway back. Most of the time his tongue is folded back in his mouth, which you can kind of tell by the picture. The second one is just him and I.

vedder_2.jpg

meandvedder.jpg
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,872

meandvedder.jpg

I salute you and your rescued dog!! Way to go!! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    halszka123 wrote:

leos-1.jpg
    Did i post it already?

Not that I remember. That is one bee-you-tee-ful dog!! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Trix was tired after a long day of yard work yesterday. She was so tired she STOLE my spot.. :)

08-29-09.jpg

I wish Gracie would have been tired enough last night to lay down anywhere. It was another night for the leash. :shock: :shock: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    So, just last night, I'm telling my wife "ya know what? Maybe Gracie has turned the corner (to good behavior)." Gracie is 16 months old and her nightime wildness seems to be decreasing a bit. Gracie and I were just hanging out and the phone rings. Two minutes later, I hear my wife yelling "Gracie, nooooooooo!!!" She (Gracie, not my wife :lol: ) had chewed a tennis ball sized hole in her doggie bed. So, we had to clip the leash on her....it works wonders. I guess we're not quite out of the woods. Here's Gracie, serving her penance...

IMG_2401.jpg

Thats those pesky Goldens !!

Bailey still eats stuff and hes 2 years old !

Her face is priceless....with Golden's they showe their emotion so well on their faces

:)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Wanted to throw a few more pictures up here because I like to show him off, ha! In the first pic you can kind of see the problem with his tongue. It is paralyzed from the tip until about halfway back. Most of the time his tongue is folded back in his mouth, which you can kind of tell by the picture. The second one is just him and I.

vedder_2.jpg

meandvedder.jpg

Awesome !

Great job rescuing Vedder

We have a Surrendered Golden we adopted from a family..she's a sweetheart
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    halszka123 wrote:
    leolez-1.jpg

Heart.gif

Love those freckles!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Great news...Big Pete is no longer BIG....he is down to a nice 90#s! Very happy! :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Wanted to throw a few more pictures up here because I like to show him off, ha! In the first pic you can kind of see the problem with his tongue. It is paralyzed from the tip until about halfway back. Most of the time his tongue is folded back in his mouth, which you can kind of tell by the picture. The second one is just him and I.

vedder_2.jpg

meandvedder.jpg

He looks very happy , way cool of you to do that for him.... Wish more people would treat their dogs better!!!

does he bite his tongue ?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    does he bite his tongue ?

No. Most of the time it is folded back in his mouth. When he eats he picks the food up then tilts his head all the way back so the food can move to his back teeth. Then he continues to chew with his head tilted back. He is just a little messy and it takes him longer to eat/drink, but other than that it doesn't seem to affect him that much. We wipe his mouth after he eats and drinks because he cant like his mouth clean. Also, he doesn't lick people because of it.

The rescue said that they think he may have been attacked by another dog while chained up and that is how he injured his tongue. He does have some scars here and there, but nothing too major, so I don't know.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Wanted to throw a few more pictures up here...

That's awesome man. Congratulations on the rescue! You're a good guy for doing it. :D
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • imalive wrote:

meandvedder.jpg

I salute you and your rescued dog!! Way to go!! :mrgreen:

Looks an awful lot like my dog (White Boxer). Your guy is an American Bulldog right? Good looking dog...

http://www.meetup.com/members/8782667/photos/

• Looks an awful lot like my dog (White Boxer). Your guy is an American Bulldog right? Good looking dog...

http://www.meetup.com/members/8782667/photos/

They do look close. We know he is definitely American Bulldog, but we also think he is mixed with something else. So, maybe boxer.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    justam wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    6333_114381944094_790324094_2168730.jpg

Your dog's face looks like a cartoon character in this picture.

like this? :lol::lol::lol:

droopy_dog_happy.jpg

Yes!!!! :mrgreen:

:lol: Love it!!!

My girlfriends a really good artist and I'm always hassling her to do a cartoon about our pups!! I'll will have to keep at her until she does one :D

We might be getting another pup soon. Something really big!!! Stay tuned!!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:
    Yes!!!! :mrgreen:

:lol: Love it!!!

My girlfriends a really good artist and I'm always hassling her to do a cartoon about our pups!! I'll will have to keep at her until she does one :D

We might be getting another pup soon. Something really big!!! Stay tuned!!!

Oh man DO IT!!!! a cartoon about them would be soooo fun! :lol: i LOVE your doggies, they have lots of character!

~Sen!
    as soon as this damn site quits giving me problems, i will post a pic of a new doggie to this thread....

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    What cool doggies, and wonderful avatars! I love the avatar of the spotted doggie driving the car. I thought it was a stuffed animal at first, and then a picture of the doggie is just a few posts above mine. Aha! It's real.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    as soon as this damn site quits giving me problems, i will post a pic of a new doggie to this thread....

hmmmm... :?: :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

hmmmm... :?: :mrgreen:

+1

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm says hi!

0405ad70.jpg
  • Here are my 2 little angels... Jack Russell Terrier & JRT Chihuahua Mix... I miss them so much...
    I hardly get to see them since the separation...

n1011093903_30020720_6270.jpg
    n1011093903_30020833_6164.jpg
    n1011093903_30020872_8874.jpg

I'm so happy that my JRT mix is feeling much better, after an emergency visit to the vet. :D
    I really miss these two cuties.... :cry:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Ok, FINALLY it worked! :D This is "Matan" and i believe he is a maltese mixxx. He belongs to someone reeeeeally special and loves to play and snuggle! I got to meet him a few months back but he thought i was the enemy! :o:lol:
    he's a little sweetheart regardless!!! :mrgreen: here he is in his first appearance in the doggie thread soakin up the sun!

matanfence-1.jpg
    n1011093903_30020872_8874.jpg
    I love this picture!
    norm wrote:
    norm says hi!

0405ad70.jpg

HI NORMIE!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    norm says hi!

0405ad70.jpg

HI NORMIE!!!!!!!!!! :D

Looks a lot like my Guinness. :D I have a black and tan coonhound, too (Faith).