Cigarette Littering!!

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    jamie uk wrote:
    So, how about non smokers who have to put up with your acrid stench indoors? Do you not think they get frustrated? Bars in the UK are much more pleasant places to be these days believe me. The silent majority have won in the end :)

Funny thing is I don't smoke ciggies. But unlike bars who just don't seem to know how to air out their space. I have no problem in the warmer weather letting my friends smoke in my house. And in the winter when I invite the smokers from the bars to come to my place and purchase inflated beer and spirits to be allowed to smoke indoors............well I make a killing. ;)

Just make sure all you children crying about smokers in bars aren't abusing the legal substance alcoolhal and only having your two to three drinks before you are legally intoxicated. You know that law. Don't you!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    chadwick wrote:
    you are hilarious
    g d that is fuckin funny
    good work

i wasnt trying to be funny

just saying when people butt in (no pun intended) to other people's business,,thats when they potentialy get their face smashed in
    if i was in the car,i would have picked it up and threw it at the op

but thats just me
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i wasnt trying to be funny

just saying when people butt in (no pun intended) to other people's business,,thats when they potentialy get their face smashed in
    if i was in the car,i would have picked it up and threw it at the op

but thats just me

oh you are hilarious
    no doubt about it dude
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    :confused: Ok, I get why you don't like cigarette littering... but why ESPECIALLY? :confused: they're part of the problem... but it's a fucking HUGE problem... and there are plenty of contributors... and not all of them smokers. Do you react in the same way when you see a cloud of smoke come from some kinda industrial place? Do you drive? Ever fly? You want to pick on ONE group of people, I want you to tell ME what makes you so special as to cast the first stone, eh? What do you do to make the world a much better place?
    Maybe cause this particular thread is about smokers ;)
    And technically it can be viewed as retaliation, not the first stone.
    Carry on.
    chadwick wrote:
    oh you are hilarious
    no doubt about it dude

thanx "the chad"
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Rygar wrote:
    Maybe cause this particular thread is about smokers ;)
    And technically it can be viewed as retaliation, not the first stone.
    Carry on.
    Always keeping it real Rygar. :)
    I think you are one of the only people that genuinely tries to stay on topic.
    Sure, all trashy messy people stink. But this is about cigarette smokers.
    I just really don't like when my child is making a sand castle and is unearthing or walking around cigarette butts.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I just really don't like when my child is making a sand castle and is unearthing or walking around cigarette butts.
    I'm usually a chronic derailer ;)

I think the basic argument here is that some people don't consider cigarette butts litter and some do.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thanx "the chad"

you're welcome

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    even flow? wrote:
    Funny thing is I don't smoke ciggies. But unlike bars who just don't seem to know how to air out their space. I have no problem in the warmer weather letting my friends smoke in my house. And in the winter when I invite the smokers from the bars to come to my place and purchase inflated beer and spirits to be allowed to smoke indoors............well I make a killing. ;)

Just make sure all you children crying about smokers in bars aren't abusing the legal substance alcoolhal and only having your two to three drinks before you are legally intoxicated. You know that law. Don't you!
    I find it extremely ironic that people go on about the smell in bars :D . Like I said I'm a smoker IN FAVOUR of the ban... HOWEVER, since they banned smoking, now you can smell EVERYTHING... all the mouldy beer... any stench from the toilet... smoke used to cover all that up. Ideally fabreeze would be better :D but I just thought I'd point out the irony... carry on!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I find it extremely ironic that people go on about the smell in bars :D . Like I said I'm a smoker IN FAVOUR of the ban... HOWEVER, since they banned smoking, now you can smell EVERYTHING... all the mouldy beer... any stench from the toilet... smoke used to cover all that up. Ideally fabreeze would be better :D but I just thought I'd point out the irony... carry on!

very very very ironic
    Rygar wrote:
    I'm usually a chronic derailer ;)

I think the basic argument here is that some people don't consider cigarette butts litter and some do.
    but I was responding to the post where the OP said she hates all littering 'ESPECIALLY' cigarette butts :confused: and like I said, I see where people are coming from with this... BUT to insinuate that cigarette butts are the worst of the worst and that ALL smokers are dirty rotten littering bastards ;) it's all part of the grander scheme of things to belittle smokers and the government gets everyone to agree. It's actually the governments who go out at night and plant loadsa cigarette butts all over the place to get us in trouble :D . I get your point about staying on topic... and this is FAR from derailing as you and I both know :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Why oh why do people just toss their cigarette butts on the ground? So rude and disgusting. I *HATE* it.
    No, this was the original statement.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away

alot of bars stink like shit with cigarette smoke in them
    and they stink like shit without cigarette smoke in them

however, the smell from all the whiskeys blended with some cigar or pipe tabacco smells pritty good to me but the bar where this is @ is like an old man's type bar scene and it is kinda uneventful but very, very chilled out or even boring.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    but I was responding to the post where the OP said she hates all littering 'ESPECIALLY' cigarette butts :confused: and like I said, I see where people are coming from with this... BUT to insinuate that cigarette butts are the worst of the worst and that ALL smokers are dirty rotten littering bastards ;) it's all part of the grander scheme of things to belittle smokers and the government gets everyone to agree. It's actually the governments who go out at night and plant loadsa cigarette butts all over the place to get us in trouble :D . I get your point about staying on topic... and this is FAR from derailing as you and I both know :p
    Nevermind, Trix posted the original statement.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No, this was the original statement.
    and I'm replying that it's hardly the end of the world... my response in COMPARING IT to other kinds of littering is as far from derailing as you, me or Rygar have been in months :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    chadwick wrote:
    alot of bars stink like shit with cigarette smoke in them
    and they stink like shit without cigarette smoke in them
    True and true. I worked in 2 bars in London, one had fantastic air conditioning and I never once smelled smoke at all... the 2nd had pretty much NO airconditioning... I had to keep opening the door... sometimes my eyes were watering so much I couldn't even see the customer. So really I completely empathise with non-smokers!... til they start bitching :p j/k
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    and I'm replying that it's hardly the end of the world... my response in COMPARING IT to other kinds of littering is as far from derailing as you, me or Rygar have been in months :rolleyes:
    So what's your point with the comparison?
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    huh? :confused: should the governments also ban non organic foods? Alcohol? sausages? Plenty of things CAN lead to bad health... smoking is but one of them... you wanna crack down on us... you're opening a whole new wormhole for yourself.

Sausages???!!! :eek:

They better not ban those...
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    Rygar wrote:
    So what's your point with the comparison?
    the TITLE is cigarette littering... I'm just wondering what makes it DIFFERENT OR WORSE to any other kinda littering? Do non smokers think they can stand on some kinda non smoking pedestal whilst they drop their crisp packets, cans or drive their big SUV's or fly all around the world or whatever? Just cos they don't smoke don't make them a better person :p No littering is worse than any other... it's a pretty simple point and I don't see what the problem with it is.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Sausages???!!! :eek:

They better not ban those...
    well watch out :o I read the other day that now they're saying a sausage a day leads to cancer. I can't continue this post without pointing out NOW that I do NOT mean any double entendres by ANY of this you dirty minded fuckers :D . What they fail to point out is that somebody who eats a sausage every day probably does not lead the healthiest lifestyle otherwise so how the fuck can they limit it to that one sausage they had for breakfast? :eek: BLASPHEMOUS!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    the TITLE is cigarette littering... I'm just wondering what makes it DIFFERENT OR WORSE to any other kinda littering? Do non smokers think they can stand on some kinda non smoking pedestal whilst they drop their crisp packets, cans or drive their big SUV's or fly all around the world or whatever? Just cos they don't smoke don't make them a better person :p No littering is worse than any other... it's a pretty simple point and I don't see what the problem with it is.
    Well of course not, but you're making the assumption that the OP is driving an H3 everywhere and dropping styrofoam Mcdonald's wrappers out the window at every opportunity.
    Litter is litter, smokers shouldn't be exempt from that. And of course people in glass houses....
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    :confused: Ok, I get why you don't like cigarette littering... but why ESPECIALLY? :confused: they're part of the problem... but it's a fucking HUGE problem... and there are plenty of contributors... and not all of them smokers. Do you react in the same way when you see a cloud of smoke come from some kinda industrial place? Do you drive? Ever fly? You want to pick on ONE group of people, I want you to tell ME what makes you so special as to cast the first stone, eh? What do you do to make the world a much better place?

I feel like you deliberately challenge everything I post. Jesus Christ... :rolleyes:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

TrixieCat wrote:

Well said, TC.

Rygar wrote:
    Well of course not, but you're making the assumption that the OP is driving an H3 everywhere and dropping styrofoam Mcdonald's wrappers out the window at every opportunity.
    Litter is litter, smokers shouldn't be exempt from that. And of course people in glass houses....
    No, I'm not assuming anything... but unless one lives an entirely environmentally friendly lifestyle, well they don't get to bunch one group of litterers into the 'worst' of the worst. I'm not saying smokers SHOULD be exempt... but there's been a LOT of extreme talk on this thread... although I suppose I shouldn't be surprised really.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    that ALL smokers are dirty rotten littering bastards ;)
    Don't put words in my mouth. Thank you.

No, I'm not assuming anything... but unless one lives an entirely environmentally friendly lifestyle, well they don't get to bunch one group of litterers into the 'worst' of the worst. I'm not saying smokers SHOULD be exempt... but there's been a LOT of extreme talk on this thread... although I suppose I shouldn't be surprised really.

Where did I ever say "worst of the worst"?????????????????????? UGH...I quit this thread. Goodbye.

I feel like you deliberately challenge everything I post. Jesus Christ... :rolleyes:
    why do you take everything i say so personally? I apologise if I disagree with some of what you say but trust me, if I agree with somebody I agree with them, if I disagree I disagree... I don't go following any one person picking faults with what they're saying. I'm a smoker and I get a little tired with all the generalisations about smokers that can go on. I'm sorry if THAT bothers you :rolleyes:

If you REALLY think I'm out to get you put me on ignore, but I can guarantee you I'm not. I've said MUCH worse to some good friends of mine on here... and I don't see them constantly getting offended. I don't reply to the PERSON but to the post.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    my 2 favorite girls going at it ... lol

im going to smoke
    Don't put words in my mouth. Thank you.
    there was a wink after that... I was doing a little bit of exaggerating with a little bit of sarcasm :rolleyes: but I wasn't the first in this thread in fairness. Learn to argue properly instead of storming off in a huff at the first sign of somebody disagreeing... what did you expect with a thread like this? It's been done before.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

wahhhhhhhhhhhh