Cigarette Littering!!

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Why oh why do people just toss their cigarette butts on the ground? So rude and disgusting. I *HATE* it.
    I keep my smoke in the house where i live, i have no children, so don't worry about that, when i do smoke in public there is 9 times out of 10 a butt out stop and i butt my cig out in there :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I quit after 10 years in January 2007 and I used to be sooo bad at throwing butts anywhere...wherever...I didn't care. I used to leave them at the beach too. Bad, bad, BAD!

I hate smokers now. I can't believe how much I've changed. I see butts everywhere....they're disgusting. I even make my friends pick them up from the garden where they flick them! haha I used to flick them out the window of my car, my house windows and didn't really realise they were there. Now they're EVERYWHERE!!! :mad:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    When I smoked I always tried to dispose of the cigarette butts properly. That's not to say that I always 100% of the time followed through on that. I never really liked just throwing a cigarette butt on the ground, so I always tried to find a trash can, butt out stop, or some other means of disposal before just tossing it aside.

Now that I've quit, I don't really notice a whole lot of cigarette butts on the ground. I do get irritated when I see people litter them though. The most disgusting place I saw them was when I was in a car accident on the interstate. The whole shoulder off the interstate was filled with those suckers. I mean completely covering the ground....it was nasty and I didn't realize it was quite that bad there.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I see butts everywhere....they're disgusting. :

Tee hee, you said you see butts everywhere. ;):D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    *Screaming*

Next person I see throwing a cig out the car window I'm gonna run 'em off the road!!!

Yeah...that made me feel better....

*sits down*

I always like flipping people off who do that...they react like "WTF man! it's only one cig!!!" But assuredly it's happened before.

People suck.
    I love to turn you on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Oh man, if I was a cop I would totally write tickets to all the fuckers who flicked butts out of their windows!
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Its gross....ever been at the beach and you uncover a butt buried in the sand? Bleeech!
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    chadwick wrote:
    i am a big huge nerd.
    the word Photodecomposition is almost giving me an erection.
    g d i love this word.
    truly an outstanding word.
    i think i am wood, therefore i am.
    awesome.

Words turn me on, too. I understand. What DOESN'T turn me on?? LITTERING...ESPECIALLY EFFING CIGARETTES!!! :mad:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

butterfly1 wrote:
    Its gross....ever been at the beach and you uncover a butt buried in the sand? Bleeech!

BURIED in the sand?! How about the fact they're EVERYWHERE on the beaches of Sandy Eggo. Effing disgusting!

• jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Boy, I am in the minority I guess. It doesn't bother me when flicks a cig out of the car. At least it keeps prisoners busy picking up the roadside trash. I use to have clean out garbage cans/butt when I was in college. The wind would knock all the butts on the ground instead of the sand keeping them in check. The cig smokers kept me employed though.
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Boy, I am in the minority I guess. It doesn't bother me when flicks a cig out of the car. At least it keeps prisoners busy picking up the roadside trash. I use to have clean out garbage cans/butt when I was in college. The wind would knock all the butts on the ground instead of the sand keeping them in check. The cig smokers kept me employed though.

As I mentioned previously, it's like a big "FUCK YOU" to planet Earth.

As I mentioned previously, it's like a big "FUCK YOU" to planet Earth.

So what about our moon landings and leaving crap up there. Is that the same?
    jbalicki10 wrote:

I certainly never said that was ok. :confused:

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    jbalicki10 wrote:

or all the crap that comes out of everyone's car?
    I certainly never said that was ok. :confused:

HA! I GOT YUO! The Moon Landings never happened!!! It was all done in a studio!!!!

Anyways, I think your being a bit zealous. Yes it is littering and people shouldn't be littering. But I don't think people do it on purpose. They forget and they are lazy.
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    HA! I GOT YUO! The Moon Landings never happened!!! It was all done in a studio!!!!

Anyways, I think your being a bit zealous. Yes it is littering and people shouldn't be littering. But I don't think people do it on purpose. They forget and they are lazy.

Um...that's not true at ALL! Did you read my story about the incident that prompted this thread??

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jbalicki10 wrote:

that is the biggest bunch of horseshit ever.....most cig smokers could care less about where they smoke or where they throw their butts.....and their empty cig packs as well....i can't believe you are actually defending littering....:rolleyes:
    Um...that's not true at ALL! Did you read my story about the incident that prompted this thread??

Yes, you should be minding your own business. What would have happened if the lady was schizo and had road rage. If your looking for trouble, it will find you. Confronting unknown people like that is a bad idea. Yes, what she did was wrong. However, are you going to cast the first stone for littering? All you can really do is remind yourself of that lady and try to even do more to keep the enviroment cleaner to out due her bad deed.
    cutback wrote:
    that is the biggest bunch of horseshit ever.....most cig smokers could care less about where they smoke or where they throw their butts.....and their empty cig packs as well....i can't believe you are actually defending littering....:rolleyes:

Not defending littering. I'm just giving a reason on why people litter. Most people litter because they are 1) Lazy 2) Don't Care or 3) Don't understand the consequences.
    i just smoked one and threw it right on the sidewalk !!!!!!!!

take that mr. sidewalk

and ill agree ..people should mind their own buisness b4 someone bugs out on them

asking for unwanted trouble
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Yes, you should be minding your own business. What would have happened if the lady was schizo and had road rage. If your looking for trouble, it will find you. Confronting unknown people like that is a bad idea. Yes, what she did was wrong. However, are you going to cast the first stone for littering? All you can really do is remind yourself of that lady and try to even do more to keep the enviroment cleaner to out due her bad deed.

This is so absurd (and so full of spelling errors) that I'm not even going to address it.

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    I don't know where you live, but where I do, state workers are PAID to pick it up.
    And don't get me started about the beaches. It makes me sick and you should be fracking ashamed of yourself for littering on a beach.

I meant to not say that you were littering on the beach. That wasnt directed at you.
    Sorry.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    This is so absurd (and so full of spelling errors) that I'm not even going to address it.

Sorry, my Engrish is not no good like yuors.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I don't know where you live, but where I do, state workers are PAID to pick it up.
    And don't get me started about the beaches. It makes me sick and you should be fracking ashamed of yourself for littering on a beach.

Sorry, I don't smoke or litter.

Whoops posted too quickly... No problemo...
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    I was editing while you were answering...sorry.
    The whole thing wasn't directed at you.
    I was just saying we dont let our prisoners pick up trash around here.
    I think it goes against their rights and cuts into their cable tv time.
    Sorry if I offended you. :o
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    jbalicki10 wrote:

You condone it, though. That's just as bad.

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i just smoked one and threw it right on the sidewalk !!!!!!!!

take that mr. sidewalk

and ill agree ..people should mind their own buisness b4 someone bugs out on them

asking for unwanted trouble

Your mom should be so proud! At least we agree on one thing, you aren't going to make any American city as big as NY any more of a toxic, shit hole...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    You condone it, though. That's just as bad.

Creating confrontations with your beliefs and agendas on people who don't want it is just as bad too.

I'm not condoning it or doing it either. There are far better battles to be fought than that carelessly tossed cig on the ground.
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Your mom should be so proud! At least we agree on one thing, you aren't going to make any American city as big as NY any more of a toxic, shit hole...

hi who are you? lol

a toxic shit hole that u wished u lived in
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Creating confrontations with your beliefs and agendas on people who don't want it is just as bad too.

I'm not condoning it or doing it either. There are far better battles to be fought than that carelessly tossed cig on the ground.

Totally disagree. Don't even bother believing in anything if you aren't willing to fight for your beliefs!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/