Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/5092073/detail.html?qs=pt=espn

Prucha leads the league in shooting percentage for rookies ( 26.3 )
    I hope he can bounce back and rehabilitate quickly and strongly. He has 25 goals & he has had a good presence on the ice. Leaving the Wachovia Arena on crutches & in tears? ? ? ! ! ! Thats almost unbelievable !

Looking ahead- The Senators come into town- hopefully we can break thru the Dominator quickly ! I also read that Toronto has been hit by the injury bug also- quite possibly we wont be seeing Big Eric skating this upcoming series before the break . would have been interesting to see how the Garden faithful greeted him, if anything at all,...

Lets Go Rangers

Lets hope. He's a young guy and it doesn't sound like its that serious, so he should bounce back. Hopefully he won't be too missed in the games they play without him. Between him and Jagr, they're responsible for about a third of the Rangers goals this season.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    moster78 wrote:
    Lets hope. He's a young guy and it doesn't sound like its that serious, so he should bounce back. Hopefully he won't be too missed in the games they play without him. Between him and Jagr, they're responsible for about a third of the Rangers goals this season.

Hey Moster-

I was going thru some old clips and photos I had laying around- and I immediately thought of you. This photo is for you- wish i had it last week when the appropriate subject matter was at hand,.... enjoy ! lol

BureROBBED.jpg

oh, and lets go rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    afternoon boys ,, besides Prucha everything else is pretty quiet in the world of the FIRST PLACE RANGERS!! WOW its been 10 years since we could say this ... and hopefully at least another 10 before we cant say it !!

yes ...i do have big dreams
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hey Moster-

I was going thru some old clips and photos I had laying around- and I immediately thought of you. This photo is for you- wish i had it last week when the appropriate subject matter was at hand,.... enjoy ! lol

BureROBBED.jpg

oh, and lets go rangers

Nice, thanks! Robbed as in we were robbed by taking him? Or robbed in that penalty shot Richter saved on him in the Stanley Cup Finals? I take solace in the fact that there were a bunch of people wearing Bure jerseys at Thursday's game!
  • Options
    bring it on SENS !!!!!!!!!!! PAYBACK TIME for the beating we took on my b-day
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    King Henrik needs to bring his "A-Game"....
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Senators are in a bit of a downspin recently, I think. The only games they've won in their past 5 or so have been against the Penguins, and everyone can beat the Penguins. The Rangers need this one, especially after beating Philly. Need to prove that we can beat a number 1 or number 2 team consistently, otherwise we aren't going to go far in the playoffs.

LETS GO RANGERS!
  • Options
    In lieu of Petr Prucha injury, I heard on MSG that the NYRs may bring up Jarkko Immonen. ( * 5' 11 " , 205 lbs, shoots right, from Finland ) This guy was aquired in the Brain Leetch trade. He plays center- forward, and supposebly has a great faceoff percentage.
    *He also recently broke a Wolfpack record and scored 5 goals in one game. We all know injuries are the short-comings for 1 guy while it is an oppurtunity for another. Lets hope he can do some damage. (* this was in his most recent Wolfpack game, the other day .* )JarkkoImmonen.jpg
    Prucha has been unseen as they are saying he is still too emotional to face the media. Kinda strange as this guy is always the tenacious, get up and go type of guy.
    This waiting for the next game is brutal.
    AT least during the 2 week layoff , we'll have olympic hockey to watch.
    Faceoffs continue to be a concern, with the aformentioned Pittsburgh Penguins being the only team with a lower faceoff percentage then the NYRs.
    next up, the Dominator. Lets hope we shatter his wall around the net.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Nice, thanks! Robbed as in we were robbed by taking him? Or robbed in that penalty shot Richter saved on him in the Stanley Cup Finals? I take solace in the fact that there were a bunch of people wearing Bure jerseys at Thursday's game!

I think it was " robbed " eluding to the player that we had signed for being injured , and not being able to play for that season ( it was a season preview of 2003 - 2004, with Lindros and Ron Lowe running things ) and also not living up to the great play that we had seen in the past.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    In lieu of Petr Prucha injury, I heard on MSG that the NYRs may bring up Jarkko Immonen. ( * 5' 11 " , 205 lbs, shoots right, from Finland ) This guy was aquired in the Brain Leetch trade. He plays center- forward, and supposebly has a great faceoff percentage.
    He also recently broke a Wolfpack record and scored 5 goals in one game. We all know injuries are the short-comings for 1 guy while it is an oppurtunity for another. Lets hope he can do some damage.
    Prucha has been unseen as they are saying he is still too emotional to face the media. Kinda strange as this guy is always the tenacious, get up and go type of guy.
    This waiting for the next game is brutal.
    AT least during the 2 week layoff , we'll have olympic hockey to watch.
    next up, the Dominator. Lets hope we shatter his wall around the net.

Lets Go Rangers

i would like to see this kid play ,,get his feet wet
    although we could put holy back in the lineup

do u guys think Orr will continue to get in the lineup??
    i love the toughness he brings,but its at the expense of someone's spot

p.s. Orr vs. McGratton would be a great fight
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I'm all for someone new getting a shot. Might as well. Orr and Hollweg are kind of interchangeable to me, so having them both in the lineup maybe too much. I'm still kind of shocked that Prucha hasn't spoken to the media about it. But then again, his English isn't the best.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I think Renney has been pretty good as far as matchups and these roster changhes as the opponent does. If theres more of a finesse team we are facing , then maybe there wont be a need for Orr type of presence.

Then again, if, for instance, we are facing the Flyers and Donald Brashear, then clearly there is a need for Orr type of player. I liked how he was in his very first game in a long while, and the instant anyone barked or even so much as looked at a NYR player the wrong way,. ( I think I remember it being Ruccinsky near the benchs and I forgot who the opposing team was ) he stepped right up to bat . He knows what he is there for and he knows this is his chance to stand out and maybe , make a permenant spot on the bench for him , or at least as a reserve for the playoffs .

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    i agree with both of you .. that being said he should def. play in the home and home this weekend .. toronto likes to muscle it up
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i agree with both of you .. that being said he should def. play in the home and home this weekend .. toronto likes to muscle it up

Big game tonight! According to the Newsday advance, they won't be calling anyone up from the minors, but will most likely reinsert Hollweg and/or Nieminen into the lineup to replace Prucha. Kid still isn't giving interviews though. Weird. Oh well.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Big game tonight! According to the Newsday advance, they won't be calling anyone up from the minors, but will most likely reinsert Hollweg and/or Nieminen into the lineup to replace Prucha. Kid still isn't giving interviews though. Weird. Oh well.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

morning matt,, yea it looks like holy will be back in ... i wish ville can get back in also i know hossa has been playing decent ,,but i just dont like him

big game should be fun i'll be in 409 ...u going?

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    morning matt,, yea it looks like holy will be back in ... i wish ville can get back in also i know hossa has been playing decent ,,but i just dont like him

big game should be fun i'll be in 409 ...u going?

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they'll sit Orr and put Ville and Hollweg in. Who knows.

Skipping tonight. I probably won't go to a game until the Flyers come to the Garden in early April. I shall be at home screaming my head off and watching it in glorious High Def.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Maybe they'll sit Orr and put Ville and Hollweg in. Who knows.

Skipping tonight. I probably won't go to a game until the Flyers come to the Garden in early April. I shall be at home screaming my head off and watching it in glorious High Def.

high def is awesome ,, whats good for me is that im 20 minutes from msg
    so its not even a late night or anything for me my package plan is good coming up ,,,tonight and friday night were both included ,, hopefully we can get a very fast start against this team like the devs. did a couple of games ago

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
  • Options
    wow- what a test tonight.
    We have alot to handle tonight- and this will be a true test of a true worthy competitor. Alfreddson ( 13 PP goals, and 5 short- handers ! ) , Heatley, that kid Spezza( +22 ? ) , and dont forget that Frankenstein double Zdeno Charra. I think we will need a good balance of finessse and physicality- this is not only a test for the players , but also the coaches.
    These guys are ace on special teams so we well have to be sharp, right away .This will be a true test for our beloved Blueshirts, against a great team . Jagr against Alfreddson, Hasek against Henrik . *Then, in 2 weeks, theylll switch teams and be teammates! Oh, .. The irony !
    Last time we faced them, Weekes was in nets and he was pulled late in the game. Lets hope we can handle them this time without any replacements.
    Tonights game is on MSG2- which i hope i can find on my system- i sometimes have problems finding it among my 1000+ of digital cable.
    enjoy the game and HD transmission, boys!
    Ill be flicking back and forth to try and catch a peek of U2 and BRUCE at the grammys.

* as a sidenote, I hope Bruce isnt robbed again this grammy year, as he was the last time by Snorah Jones. peace !

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Tonights game is on MSG2- which i hope i can find on my system- i sometimes have problems finding it among my 1000+ of digital cable.
    enjoy the game and HD transmission, boys!
    Lets Go Rangers !

MSG2? That sucks. I guess I won't be watching in HD then. What the hell is on MSG instead of a Rangers home game?
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    MSG2? That sucks. I guess I won't be watching in HD then. What the hell is on MSG instead of a Rangers home game?

the catastrophic phenomenon known as The New York Knickerbockers.

what a joke. The respective team records should dictate what channel their games are broadcast on,...

unfortunately we all know basketball gets the priority in this country- i still dont know why other then the almighty dollar .

good luck boys

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    def. a big test for the special teams
    we need to be very physical .. get the puck deep..finish every check ..and wear them down we cant have any defensive and neutral zone turnovers
    that will not bode well

p.s. spezza and chara for yashin !!!!!!! lol what a good trade for the skanky islanders!!
  • Options
    i cant believe the knicks get priority over us ,,what a joke

its MSG network,...whatever team is playing at MSG on any given night should get the main channel ,, but i guess people wanna watch a bunch of overpaid ,underacheiving bums who quit every single game they play
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i cant believe the knicks get priority over us ,,what a joke

its MSG network,...whatever team is playing at MSG on any given night should get the main channel ,, but i guess people wanna watch a bunch of overpaid ,underacheiving bums who quit every single game they play
    thats a good idea- if youre at the Garden, you're on MSG.
    I feel bad for 1 guy. Larry Brown probably had no idea as to the size of this mess he has now taken on his hands. I mean " feel sorry " as much as anyone can for multi- million dollars being given to him to steeer the sinking ship.

Oh, &.....

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thats a good idea- if youre at the Garden, you're on MSG.
    I feel bad for 1 guy. Larry Robinson probably had no idea as to the size of this mess he has now taken on his hands. I mean " feel sorry " as much as anyone can for multi- million dollars being given to him to steeer the sinking ship.

Oh, &.....

Lets Go Rangers

lol larry brown?? i hear ya at least he is close to his family ,,but what a mistake coming here..sans the millions
    that is a good idea about the home team getting reg MSG

ok no more knick talk poluting our thread

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol larry brown?? i hear ya at least he is close to his family ,,but what a mistake coming here..sans the millions
    that is a good idea about the home team getting reg MSG

ok no more knick talk poluting our thread

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!

LOL ( hockey on the brain )
    yes Larry Brown -
    yeah yeah , thats the ticket ! ;)

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, the Knicks suck. There's a good team playing at the Garden, and MSG shows basketball in Jersey. Isn't that what FSN is for? Or YES?
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

PAYBACK TIME IS RIGHT !! WHAT A GAME just got home

GARDEN WAS ROCKING!!! everyone played awesome

henry is sick , team is playing awesome right now

penalties are a concern but they came up huge

talk to u boys in the morning
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

PAYBACK TIME IS RIGHT !! WHAT A GAME just got home

GARDEN WAS ROCKING!!! everyone played awesome

henry is sick , team is playing awesome right now

penalties are a concern but they came up huge

talk to u boys in the morning
  • Options
    Im so jealous you were there-
    you could feel the energy thru the television.
    It must have been scary those opening few seconds and ruccinsky and sykora hit each other. I was concerned watching at home.
    that game was awesome. i agree with your point, they have got to stop taking penaltys and they have got to score on ours.

some key points i remembered:

malik was skating and finessing like nobodies business i was like wtf ??
    he also hit that Spezza- that guy looked drunk !

Wards short-= handed goal on that 3 on 1 break away!
    sweet!
    we got the dominator tonight and boy was henrik sharp.

http://www2.ottawasenators.com/_static/webUpload/news/596_1.jpg

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Im so jealous you were there-
    you could feel the energy thru the television.
    It must have been scary those opening few seconds and ruccinsky and sykora hit each other. I was concerned watching at home.
    that game was awesome. i agree with your point, they have got to stop taking penaltys and they have got to score on ours.

some key points i remembered:

malik was skating and finessing like nobodies business i was like wtf ??
    he also hit that Spezza- that guy looked drunk !

Wards short-= handed goal on that 3 on 1 break away!
    sweet!
    we got the dominator tonight and boy was henrik sharp.

http://www2.ottawasenators.com/_static/webUpload/news/596_1.jpg

Lets Go Rangers !

that collision was scary .. thank god they were ok

spezza did get crushed ,,he was lost

it almost felt like a playoff game,,especially wit 1 min left
    the nylander goal was sick!!!!!!!!! what passing

lets keep it rolling tommorrow night

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!