B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    We have 50" projection now and I wouldn't want to get anything smaller.

My dad just got a 50 inch Samsung Plasma for under 4k. Damn its pretty.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    moster78 wrote:
    My dad just got a 50 inch Samsung Plasma for under 4k. Damn its pretty.

<not a big fan of plasma though....I would probably want DLP
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    <not a big fan of plasma though....I would probably want DLP

To each their own. I watched a lot of Olympic Hockey on it, and it was amazing looking. Still haven't been there when the Rangers were on in High Def. I'm sure it looks even better. DLP's are nice too. I got a good deal on the LCD, so I went with that, after I returned a HD Tube tv, that weighed about 120 pounds!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the great knick team

sorry,
    thats no team.

finally the Rangers get the spotlight

fuck it we deserve it- & while we're at it,
    3 PJ shows at the Worlds Most Famous Arena this go around ! ;)

Lets Go Rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    damn they looked great tonight. After the first half of the 1st period, they really just rolled up the Flyers and smoked 'em
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Excellent win tonight- for sure !
    Weekes really stood on his head those first few minutes- at one point being outshot like 17-1 ! Yeah we all love King Henrik, but having 24 games in 48 days, we will need 2 healthy goalies to get far !

After they gathered themselves, Darius threw his weight around, got under Brashears skin,..and got us those power plays.
    it was textbook.
    Betts looked great in his return too- glad he scored one for himself .
    Lots of records being broken tonight too- 7 straight wins, 6 straight road wins, 4 straight in philly, whats not to like ?

Brashear sly- wrapped Darius ( even when he was down on the ice ) and I heard JD reading from his rulebook- an automatic major penalty, 10,000$ fine for both him and the coach, and an automatic 1 game suspension, with no chance of appeal. Hope he feels like hes the bigger man now.
    fuckin' idiot.

Every other day a new game- gotta love it .

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    What a great game! Awesome to see Weekes holding his own, I know we need a good backup if we're going to go far. And there is no stopping Jagr. 10 more goals and he ties Graves record of 52, and nice to see him still leading scoring in the league. I'm curious to see who's going to get the start on Saturday. JD and Sam were saying since Weekes was so impressive, he may have earned himself the start. Who knows. Lets keep this streak rolling!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    this gets better and better what an ass kicking!!!!!!!!!1

weekes looked awesome ,,should start saturday

its a good problem having 2 goalies looking awesome

jagr with the groin with 12 minutes left ... thats a nagging injury
    i hate to say it but it might be better for him to sit a game or 2
    but he's FUCKING AWESOME

BETSY BACK and rewarded with a goal

LET'S GO RANGER'S
    FACEOFFS still concern me

26 - 33 overall
    6 -7 in off zone
    9-15 in def zone yikes!!
    11-11 in neutral zone

betts was the only guy over 50% at 10-5

we need to get better

not trying to be negative after a great game
    but we need every aspect of the game to work
    to acheive the ultimate goal
  • D Lo BrownD Lo Brown Posts: 132
    Jagr is playing like the f--king pimp daddy right now. He can't be stopped. I'd say he's the leading MVP candidate right now. Seriously, he might be having the best season ANY RAnger has had in a LONG time.
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    What an ass-whoopin' !!!!!

That first period was something else.

The Rangers come out kinda' sloppy, disjointed and suffering from sea-legs.

The Refs allow ShearBra to run amuck on Kasper (and other Rangers' players) without calling a single penalty on ShearBra.

They flag the Rangers for three consecutive penalties.

The Flyers out shoot our Rangers, 15-5.

And.....the Rangers come out of the First Period with a 1-0 lead!!!

Then, ShearBra goes into complete cerebral shutdown and proves himself to be the mindless thug, he has always been, and the Rangers hammer home four goals! HOW SWEET IT IS!!.

I considered calling him ( ShearBra) a gorilla, but I am an animal lover and I strongly feel I would be insulting and diminishing all the gorillas of the world.

By the way, you guys see the hand gestures Rucinsky was giving ShearBra, when ShearBra was sitting in the Penalty Box (2nd Period)?

It was hilarious! Rucinsky starts counting off fingers on one hand...1...2...3...4..5 fingers, looks at them as if he's concentrating hard, holds it up for ShearBra to see, then on his other hand, he counts off one finger, looks at that one finger, holds that up for ShearBra to see; then flips him (ShearBra) the bird:D:D

I almost fell off the couch laughing!

Great job by Weekes! Solid performance!

Ortmeyer started out slow with his Penalty Killing and checking in the First, but man oh man, he was flying the rest of the game.....just hitting everything in sight and playing his game!

Jagr was amazing! What else can I say?
    anyone catch the little video before the game set to "Kickstart my Heart"?

Awesome...
    i missed the video b4 ,,, but i did see rucinsky flip the bird

gotta make a team pay for running around and taking bad penalties

which we did

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
    D Lo Brown wrote:

Awesome...
    yeah it was

Rucinsky was funny as hell counting off the minutes then giving him the 'ol # 1
    and I am surprised Prucha didn't hop on the ice and start playing in his suit.

Best 'team' since 94, thats for sure.
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    Here's a video of it. Not exactly good quality, but oh well.

http://allensthings.com/bird.wmv

My mistake, he counted on one hand not two. I was remembering it incorrectly this morning.
    NMyTree wrote:
    Here's a video of it. Not exactly good quality, but oh well.

http://allensthings.com/bird.wmv

My mistake, he counted on one hand not two. I was remembering it incorrectly this morning.

That's awesome. I totally missed that as I was jamming with my roommate in the second when the game looked to be in the bag. Thanks. Bring on the Devils on Saturday night, let the roll continue!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Consider me on the Rangers bandwagon...I've been a fan since '91 when Messier came on board and I had NHL Hockey for Sega Genesis. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    Consider me on the Rangers bandwagon...I've been a fan since '91 when Messier came on board and I had NHL Hockey for Sega Genesis. :D

Nice! All the way from Wisconsin. Welcome to the thread!
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    moster78 wrote:
    Nice! All the way from Wisconsin. Welcome to the thread!

My favorite memory from the NHL other than my hometown North Stars going to the Stanley Cup finals is the Rangers Stanley Cup run in '94. Almost every game in those playoffs was the most exciting game I'd ever seen!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    My favorite memory from the NHL other than my hometown North Stars going to the Stanley Cup finals is the Rangers Stanley Cup run in '94. Almost every game in those playoffs was the most exciting game I'd ever seen!

Me too, mostly because I was in like, 10th grade, all my friends were Islander fans, so it was great to just shut them up. Some of the greatest memories were staying up with my dad and brothers and watching the games.
    NMyTree wrote:
    By the way, you guys see the hand gestures Rucinsky was giving ShearBra, when ShearBra was sitting in the Penalty Box (2nd Period)?

It was hilarious! Rucinsky starts counting off fingers on one hand...1...2...3...4..5 fingers, looks at them as if he's concentrating hard, holds it up for ShearBra to see, then on his other hand, he counts off one finger, looks at that one finger, holds that up for ShearBra to see; then flips him (ShearBra) the bird:D:D

that was classic- i didnt believe i was seeing that either- thought i had fabricated that in my mind ! TOO TOO FUNNY !

D Lo Brown wrote:

Awesome...
    I think you mean the opening segment counting down the final 24 games- that was really cool too- made me even more psyched for the game ! now pardon my ignorance- was that Motley Crue ? I knew the sound but couldnt I.D. it,.. still very cool nonetheless !
    Consider me on the Rangers bandwagon...I've been a fan since '91 when Messier came on board and I had NHL Hockey for Sega Genesis.
    welcome to the thread YieldInHiding.
    further evidence that Ranger fans are everywhere. every venue or city ( even country) you go to, theres always the red white and blue there.! awesome !

I was just watching the rebroadcast of last nights game. That bit with Brashear running amuck was too funny. It really started at like 1245 left of 2nd period, when he ripped Kaspars helmet off,.I also noticed that Malik bumped right into Brashear before commercial, thats when he began to lose his mind. They went 4 on 4 .
    Sure Philly scored, but whatever wind they may have gathered after that was snapped right back away when Ward broke in on Nitimaki . That took the life out of them right there,.
    Ortmeyer was awesome too- throwing his body around, always sacrificing himself and skating like a mofo !

not sure if you fellas heard/saw, but both this saturdays game and next saturdays game are on MSG 2 .( both road games NJ & Montreal )
    fuck- i better not miss these games - bastids !

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    yup, it was my beloved Crue. I think they usually play that song at MSG at games...
    In tribute to the hero of last nights game :D

Heres a pretty cool piece i came across the other day. Thought i'd share it with my fellow Jammer and Blueshirt Fans.check out that mug !

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sports/features/15496/index.html
    platessmall.jpg
    awesome article
    Nice article. Thanks for sharing.
    thanks for the article...it took my a while to accept the Hepatitis was a blueshirt, but now Im glad.

btw...I think Rucinsky may have been counting up the score of the game
    thanks for the article...it took my a while to accept the Hepatitis was a blueshirt, but now Im glad.

btw...I think Rucinsky may have been counting up the score of the game

Thats entirely possible too! Still funny as hell though. I can't believe they showed that on TV though. Usually when something like that happens they apologize on air.
  • As the others have said, great article. I was actually at the Rangers v Wild game it mentions. Linda Cohn was sitting right behind me.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
    I was actually at the Rangers v Wild game it mentions.
    I was at that game too- Prucha had a great night scoring 2 !

I like the interview that Steve Somers did with " Kasparminus"
    he really is a funny guy, and a good sport .
    I hated him when he was a Penguin and an Islander , but hey hes the guy you hate unless he's on your team !
    Its hard to believe in all these years and all these incidents, he's only been suspended ONCE. I thought that was wild.

Incidentally, if anyone cares , Mike and The Maddog are interviewing Jagr right now on WFAN here in NYC.

have a great weekend

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Game night! Devils coming off a SO loss to the Isles. Maybe the Fishsticks can help us out and beat the Flyers tonight! I'm not going to hold my breath though. I wouldn't doubt them losing on the night they honor their Stanley Cup team.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!