Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    They had the Pearl Jam cranking after 3rd period ended at the Garden ( even flow ) ! It went for a good 30 seconds and was clear as a bell.

I dont know where team USA is ranked or believed to be finishing in the upcoming olympics, but if Esche is indeed team USAs goalminder, we might have a chance. Some of the saves he made, in particular in the earlier periods, were just amazing.I remember that one shot right in front of the crease, i think it was Jagr, I still dont know how that didnt go in ( it was a wide open net )

Lets Go Rangers

i still dont think were gonna medal with those goalies.. although esche has been playing better lately... but as we talked about,,, miller should be the #1 goalie.. however ,, as with the playoffs ,, if u get a hot goalie anything can happen
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    u guys are right about Betts. Even tho Hossa had a strong game I thought about Betts halfway thru the game when I saw the Flyers win all these faceoffs. He's pretty underrated.

As far as the Power Play, well.....if anyones still sleeping on Boston, wake up! Those guys are right back in the hunt for a playoff spot, so we can forget any dreams of Leetchie coming back b4 the trade deadline. My best bet would be maybe try and pull Eric Weinrich from the Blues for like a low draft pick and have him just man the power play down the stretch in the playoffs. Aucoin from the Hawks or Brewer woulda been nice....hell maybe even Berard again (lookin at teams with no playoff chance looking to dump players and salary) but alot of those guys been injured all yr.

and as for team USA....theres only one goalie that deserves to start and his name is Miller....the other 3 dont even compare...Esche is ...ok at best...Dipietro.....chances are he will lose his composure, and Grahame? mehh... Only chance we have at a medal is Miller, and......why the F@#* is Chelios and Hatcher on there and not Leetch??? :mad:
    my prediction for the olympics goes a lil something like this

the czechs, the swedes, Canada, and the russians will all battle it out for a medal and will prolly finish something in that order.

EVENFLOW ROCKED B4 OT!!!!!! (at least ONE thing made me smile about yesterdays game :rolleyes: )
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I had to share this wityh all my fellow jammer ranger fans here at the pit:
    in case you've been eyeballing the messier night merchandise on ebay- ( ok- so i have been & there have been many , all overpriced to the max )
    but stop bidding and watching if you are :

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESSIER-NIGHT-Merchandise-Dont-get-ripped-off-on-ebay_W0QQitemZ8759765696QQcategoryZ25238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is direct from msg itself, look at some of the differences- and enjoy !
    this is the link to the actual order/fax- form.just in case anyones interested: http://a1253.g.akamai.net/f/1253/1122/1d/graphics.sdm3.com/MSG/Rangers//RangersOrderForm.pdf?s1753c13357140o5093t1640n35043e18427307
    I really dig the patch
    oh,
    &
    Lets Go Rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Alright, time to bounce back tonight and kick the crap out of the Penguins, again. Wonder who will get the start in net tonight? I just pray to whatever higher power is out there that Lundqvist gets the start tomorrow night against the Islanders. I really don't want to be at a game and have to watch Weekes mess up, especially there.

And let me ask your opinion, would it be weird to wear a Rangers jersey with Pavel Bure's name and number on it to the Masoleum?
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Alright, time to bounce back tonight and kick the crap out of the Penguins, again. Wonder who will get the start in net tonight? I just pray to whatever higher power is out there that Lundqvist gets the start tomorrow night against the Islanders. I really don't want to be at a game and have to watch Weekes mess up, especially there.

And let me ask your opinion, would it be weird to wear a Rangers jersey with Pavel Bure's name and number on it to the Masoleum?

the paper said its probably weekes tonight....

and wear anything rangers to that dump of an arena
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the paper said its probably weekes tonight....

and wear anything rangers to that dump of an arena

Cool, I can deal with Weekes tonight, as long as Henrik is back in net tomorrow night.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:

I hate to say it, but you need to retire that jersey.
  • Options
    D Lo Brown wrote:
    I hate to say it, but you need to retire that jersey.

Yeah, I know. Its embarassing. Since its number 9, I may just have to have Bure's name cut off and Graves put on. That would save it.
  • Options
    Yeah- we need to bounce right back. And yes, we do get Weekes tonight. I saw stats concerning Weekes- about how he has fared after long lay-offs, and on average , he has given up 4 goals after a return from extended layoff.
    Also, the boys havent scored many goals for him.
    It really isnt that Weekes has done that bad, its just how King Henrik has shined & excelled in his time. Its gotta be tough for a goalie to sit on the bench, no matter how much working out or practice he may face, theres nothing like gametime experience.
    I hope they can win key faceoffs in their zone with Weekes in net, he'll probably react better if he has a few more seconds to square off.

The season is really flying along! We really need the W in philly this saturday - that game and those 2 points will be mandatory for our NYRs.Only 6 more games then the 2 week Olympic break, 3 at home, 3 on the road . With a tough Ottawa team and then a home and home against the Leafs, who havent been as sharp as in the past. I hope they can recapture any momentum they have built up when they return from Milano.

Oh yeah and wear your Blueshirt ( out in the Masoleum ) no matter what names on the back, its all about the name across the front, anyways.

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, I know. Its embarassing. Since its number 9, I may just have to have Bure's name cut off and Graves put on. That would save it.

if that's an option, you should totally do that.
  • Options
    & for tommorrow night.,....

http://www.msu.edu/user/zieglerj/fitch.jpg

fishsticks.gif

fishsticks, anyone ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Henriks making the start tonight ? & supposebly Sidney isnt feeling too good- hes down with the flu.

7 straight starts for Henrik. Each game that approaches now is a total mystery- i thought for sure Weekes would be in nets.

Oh well,..

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    big game tommrow. i see that weekes isnt in goal tonight. tommrows game islanders 5 rangers 0
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I think Renneys mindset was to get Lundy the start tonite so he can have a few days off b4 the game at Philly on sat.

If weekes cant hold us down against the Isles then they should start looking to trade him.

LETS GO BLUESHIRTS!!!!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    wow- no 5 - on - 5 goals tonight !
    And, a short- handed ! Im beside myself . We even got a PP goal.
    Ruchins goal was pretty sweeet. He broke out and jetted in on his own .
    And how about Jagr- getting into it with that big dude at the games end. Wonder what that was all about, and if he was cursing that guy in Czech! He was clearly burned about something . ( besides not scoring a goal tonight )
    Its extremely feesible that Jagr could break the single goal scoring record of 52 by Graves. It wont be a suprise, lets put it that way .Great win and now for the trip out to the masoleum and end their 3 game streak .Hold it down, Weekes!

Fishsticks, anyone ?;)
    fishsticks.gif

Lets Go Rangers !!!!!!!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    had to take care of business tonight ,,wasnt pretty ,,but we got the points

power play looked very good,, biggest thing im starting to see is the team is sticking up for one another ...especially for henry,, which is so key.

tonight is big ,, gonna be tough,, those clowns are playing pretty good
    we need a big opening 5 -7 mins. cant fall behind early like the last 2 trips into that dump ,,,if weekes plays he really needs to be ready early ,,as does the rest of the team

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
  • Options
    o yea faceoffs alot better also

38-20 overall
    15-5 defensive zone
  • Options
    are they done playing the Penguins yet? I feel like they've played them about 10 times so far...
  • Options
    1 more game at pitt,,, it does seem like every 2 games or so
  • Options
    I pray to any higher power that Weekes doesn't play like crap tonight. When I saw Lundqvist starting last night I knew there was no way they were going to start him two games in a row. The last thing I want to do is go into the Masoleum and watch the Rangers lose, especially because of crappy goaltending. Here's to hoping Weekes is up to the task.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    i think their is a slight chance he will not play.. most likely weekes ,,but a slight chance for henry..

we need him to do good ,,so we can rest henry alittle,, especially after the olympics

that said...it does make me nervous
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i think their is a slight chance he will not play.. most likely weekes ,,but a slight chance for henry..

we need him to do good ,,so we can rest henry alittle,, especially after the olympics

that said...it does make me nervous

According to Newsday its Weekes playing tonight, Renney said so, to give Lundqvist a rest and to get Weekes back into action. Lets hope he doesn't give up a goal on the first shot he faces.
  • Options
    Weekes tonight, for sure.
    Last night, it was that defenseman, #44, Brooks Orpik , barking at Jagr ( I mistakenly thought he was also Czech but turns out he is American )He took exception the previous game ( 7-1 ) when they kepty putting Jagr out on the ice. He believed they were "rubbing it in".Little does he know that our PP has sucked so hey theyre working on it , in all game situations.
    Tonight should be huge and Im tempted to scoff up a pair and take a ride up Hemstead Tpke ! ( section 300s behind the rightsided goalnet- way up there ! )
    The Isles will be ready for us as someone already said they have been playing very good ( maybe because of new coach, shakeups., ect,..)

Also , that forward Kevin Colley has a broken neck- did anyone see that play where he skated headfirst into the boards/glass? That was brutal to watch- what an awkward play,.. apparently he's got a broken neck. Surely theyll be rallying around him, too!

C'Mon Weekes Hold it down!! ( * we al know any team needs 2 good goalies to go deep into the second season ) and I believe if Weekes can get used to that role- a new role to him- we'll be okay . Like I have said before its not really so much that hes done bad, its just thast King Henriks has really went far and beyond what anyone may have predicted !It takes him a few minutes to settle in- hope that he does good tonight.

Lets Go Rangers !!!!!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    yes weekes is needed,, and yes its been the first 5-7 minutes that has been his biggest problem

J.D said something good last night about getting into a game after long lay-offs ... trying giving alittle bump or push to the first person u can

renney did say he is to fault for having jagr out there in the 30 secs.. thats just stupid for him to do,, nothing good can come out of that

that kid on the islanders ,,what a shame .. at least he is not paralyzed
    hopefully he will make a strong recovery
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Tonight should be huge and Im tempted to scoff up a pair and take a ride up Hemstead Tpke ! ( section 300s behind the rightsided goalnet- way up there ! )

If you go, I'll be all the way up there as well. Section 338, like Row L!
  • Options
    make yourselves heard !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    If you go, I'll be all the way up there as well. Section 338, like Row L!

If I do go, Ill be looking for the Bure # 9 Jersey, Ill be in the Bathgate # 9 !

;)

Lets --Go ---Rangers !!!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    If I do go, Ill be looking for the Bure # 9 Jersey, Ill be in the Bathgate # 9 !

;)

Lets --Go ---Rangers !!!

I brought the Bure and the Gretzky because I couldn't make up my mind this morning. Still deciding. I've seen people wearing Theo Fleury jerseys, I think thats a bigger embarassment than Bure.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    I brought the Bure and the Gretzky because I couldn't make up my mind this morning. Still deciding. I've seen people wearing Theo Fleury jerseys, I think thats a bigger embarassment than Bure.

hey i have said before its the name across the front that really counts. Either or,..... The Gretz one is the Statue, correct? ( thats my only version of the liberty jersey -- besides practice jerseys--- as i am a traditionalist as far as the logo.)
    To me, theres nothging like the original, Rangers crest of red white and blue. I , still to this day , cant adapt to the new , alternate design.( Statue OL ).I know its a $ and marketing thing so we have to accept it.
    & still , our alternate wasnt as bad as the Isles Gortons fisherman! thats actually funny!

Picturesfromdisc179.jpg
    Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hey i have said before its the name across the front that really counts. Either or,..... The Gretz one is the Statue, correct? ( thats my only version of the liberty jersey -- besides practice jerseys--- as i am a traditionalist as far as the logo.
    To me, theres nothging like the original, Rangers crest of red white and blue. I , still to this day , cant adapt to the new , alternate design.( Statue OL ).I know its a $ and marketing thing so we have to accept it.
    & still , our alternate wasnt as bad as the Isles Gortons fisherman! thats actually funny!

Picturesfromdisc179.jpg
    Lets Go Rangers

Yeah, I hate that statue logo too. And its a cheesier jersey with ironed on patches for everything, number, logo, name. The Bure one is home white, back when they wore white at home, with everything stiched on, much nicer. I think I'll go with that one. And yes, the liberty beats fishsticks any day of the week.