Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    hey the islanders season it isnt over with. the shoot-out was awsome dubie played good last night

I'm sure it was. All shootouts rock. I can't wait for Thursday, Islanders vs. Rangers, too bad its at the Masoleum, but I'll be there!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    that interview M& MD did was crap-

its really a slow week if these guys are talking hockey- & boy does it show.! They didnt even know what to ask Henrik about !

anyway - has anyone seen all the attention the last 2 games, the last 2 big hits that our boy Kaspar has made? good article from todays post:;

RENNEY IS HIP TO DARIUS' CHECK

By NICK PARISH
    KASPARAITIS
    Ripped by Sabres.
    January 27, 2006 -- Amid protests from the Sabres' locker room, Darius Kasparaitis continued to defend his check on Buffalo center Tim Connolly at practice yesterday.
    "I'm not going to go into the corner and say 'Excuse me, I'm going to hit you' to make sure you don't get hurt, that's not how we play the game," Kasparaitis said.

The hit in the second period of Tuesday night's 2-1 Ranger loss resulted in Connolly, the Sabres' leading scorer, sustaining a deep sprain in his left knee that will cost him six weeks of ice time.

Sabre coach Lindy Ruff placed his center on injured reserve, and a cavalcade of venom for the way Kasparaitis conducts himself spewed from Buffalo.

Ruff himself called Kasparaitis, in his 13th season in the NHL, a "cheap-shot artist." Forward J.P. Dumont labeled the Ranger a "dirty player."

But Kasparaitis insisted yesterday he had no intent to injure Connolly, and Ranger coach Tom Renney stood by his defenseman and his brand of old-time hockey.

"I defend Kaspar's hit 100 percent," Renney said. "Anybody who's watched original six hockey and watched what a hip check looks like can look at that and think that's a pretty good check. If Lindy is coaching the New York Rangers, he's probably looking at that and saying that's a darn good hockey hit."

Kasparaitis' mastery of the hip check is something that stands out, if not in the streamlined league where physicality has been placed on the back burner. The undersized Kasparaitis is one of the few Rangers (28-15-7) known for his checking.

"I think [hip checking is] a real skill, it's a timing skill, it's a positional skill, it's a skating skill," Renney said. "To be able to quarantine a puck carrier and use the boards to help you do that is a terrific play.

"It takes a certain amount of courage, obviously, and then you've got to be able to have the hockey sense and reading and reacting skills to be able to pull it off you've got to have the physical acumen as well."

Despite a chest cold, Renney said Jaromir Jagr will probably play tomorrow against Pittsburgh.

"He's a bit better, he wants to play, and he's a good competitor. As much as anything," Renney said. "I'm worried that it's contagious."

Hes plain out the guy you hate, unless hes on your team of course. I hated Kaspar when he was a Penguin, and before that an Icelander.
    theyre also listing Henrik as starting tomm against Pitts. Should be great to finally watch again- sure hope some of those games-in-hand have been spent already i hate that element of the schedule ( always seems R's have played more then everyone else )

Lets Go Rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    whoa !
    What a game- we even scored on power plays ! ( i think it was a 5-3 )
    Rozsival even stood out and scored - what are we in for next?
    It lookslike Tampa Bay has the Flyers # also that game ended with a 5 or 6-0 score.
    Steadily gaining ground, maybe we can overtake Philly after we play them Monday !
    Then Pitts again on Weds! Points for the taking,,,,lets see how the Boys react.

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    these spots on TV for IO ( cablevision ) are pretty funny- saw one for the Knicks also.

NYRHomeAwayUnderpants3.jpg

Lets Go Rangers!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Steadily gaining ground, maybe we can overtake Philly after we play them Monday !

My Bad!
    even with a win, the Rangers can only move within 1 point of the Broad Street Bullies.They have been plagued by injury, and we are on a roll, so this should be a great game. ! Great oppurtunity !
    That is , of course, unless the ice melts down tonight at the Garden- they may have to cancel the game ! 60 degrees in late January? WTF ? Is this still el nino~ ? Or what?
    Its like a beach day out there , today !

Lets Go Rangers ! :D
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    hello boys... biggest hockey game at MSG since 97??

no forsberg... what a shame
    we need to beat this team tonight ...

saturday was awesome,if we can play like that on a regular basis we wouldn't lose very many

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hello boys... biggest hockey game at MSG since 97??

no forsberg... what a shame
    we need to beat this team tonight ...

saturday was awesome,if we can play like that on a regular basis we wouldn't lose very many

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
    hell yeah.
    that last game, gagne winning it 7 seconds into OT, hope they dont forget that shit. tonights our night, pull within 1,..

Lets Go Rangers!!!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hell yeah.
    that last game, gagne winning it 7 seconds into OT, hope they dont forget that shit. tonights our night, pull within 1,..

Lets Go Rangers!!!

Big game tonight, lets hope they're on top of theirs, unlike last weeks Buffalo game. Just read the advance on Newsday and Lundqvist is getting the start. His first look at the Flyers all season, as Weekes started the previous two at Philly. I like Renney's quote to that effect:

"Henrik doesn't seem to be in awe of any opponent," Renney said of Sweden's Olympic goalie.

Bring on the Flyers and LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    A few weeks back when they retired Messier's #, they replayed a bunch of classic games on MSG from the early 90's. I recorded a bunch of them on my DVR, and because there wasn't any football yesterday, I finally got a chance to watch one - so I ended up watching game 7 of the 1994 finals. It was the first time I had watched the game since it originally aired - all I'd seen since then were the highlights from my 94 Team Video. Some notes about the game:

-The crowd was insane! As soon as the broadcast started, you could hear all the fans chanting "we want the cup" over and over again before the game even started.

-When Amiranted was doing the Canadian anthem, the crowd was kind of loud. Once he went into our anthem, the crowd literally erupted! The lights were out except for a spotlight on Amirante, and the crowd just went beserk during the WHOLE ANTHEM. It was crazy. You couldn't even hear him singing After he was done Rosen said, "I've been coming to this building since 1968, and I've NEVER heard anything like that".

-There were 2 very questionable icing calls at the end of the game that kept putting the faceoffs in the Rangers end. I had forgotten about those

-After the final buzzer, the crowd of course was going crazy. The crowd starting chanting "1940" for a minute or two, and then started chanting "1994". Then, they started chanting "we won the cup!".

-JD was very emotional. He said someting like, "speaking for all the former Rangers, thank you!". And of course you had Rosen's classic call at the buzzer, "And this one will last a lifetime!".

I don't think I'll be deleting this anytime soon...
  • Options
    I have that game on VHS tape somewhere. One of these days I need to rewatch it too. Just reading what you wrote gave me goosebumps. Ah, the memories.
  • Options
    D Lo Brown wrote:
    A few weeks back when they retired Messier's #, they replayed a bunch of classic games on MSG from the early 90's. I recorded a bunch of them on my DVR, and because there wasn't any football yesterday, I finally got a chance to watch one - so I ended up watching game 7 of the 1994 finals. It was the first time I had watched the game since it originally aired - all I'd seen since then were the highlights from my 94 Team Video. Some notes about the game:

-The crowd was insane! As soon as the broadcast started, you could hear all the fans chanting "we want the cup" over and over again before the game even started.

-When Amiranted was doing the Canadian anthem, the crowd was kind of loud. Once he went into our anthem, the crowd literally erupted! The lights were out except for a spotlight on Amirante, and the crowd just went beserk during the WHOLE ANTHEM. It was crazy. You couldn't even hear him singing After he was done Rosen said, "I've been coming to this building since 1968, and I've NEVER heard anything like that".

-There were 2 very questionable icing calls at the end of the game that kept putting the faceoffs in the Rangers end. I had forgotten about those

-After the final buzzer, the crowd of course was going crazy. The crowd starting chanting "1940" for a minute or two, and then started chanting "1994". Then, they started chanting "we won the cup!".

-JD was very emotional. He said someting like, "speaking for all the former Rangers, thank you!". And of course you had Rosen's classic call at the buzzer, "And this one will last a lifetime!".

I don't think I'll be deleting this anytime soon...

I caught that game too on all the pre- messier build up that week.
    good stuff. check out these shots i got that night of jan 12th theyre mostly all there

DVC00030.jpg
    DVC00031.jpg
    DVC00044.jpg

Lets Go Rangers!!!!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    this is the as close to a playoff game as its gonna get in January. The intensity tonite at MSG should be pretty sick!

hey D.Lo, or anyone that has all those classic games I was in Greece from 94-96 and missed a ton of games, so if anyone would like to burn me a few dvd's Id be more than willing to pay up or do a b and p thing or whatever. Only thing I have like d lo said is my 1994 Rangers Cup dvd and the Oh Baby highlights dvd. The rest I have is all on vhs pre-93 back in greece :(

LETS GO RANGERS!!
    :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    this is the as close to a playoff game as its gonna get in January. The intensity tonite at MSG should be pretty sick!

hey D.Lo, or anyone that has all those classic games I was in Greece from 94-96 and missed a ton of games, so if anyone would like to burn me a few dvd's Id be more than willing to pay up or do a b and p thing or whatever. Only thing I have like d lo said is my 1994 Rangers Cup dvd and the Oh Baby highlights dvd. The rest I have is all on vhs pre-93 back in greece :(

LETS GO RANGERS!!
    :)

there probably is a way to get programs off my Cablevision DVR onto a DVD or VHS...but I don't know how to do it. here's a guy on ebay who's apparently selling it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-1994-STANLEY-CUP-GAME-7-DVD-MESSIER_W0QQitemZ6480000606QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • Options
    how is the "oh baby" video?
  • Options
    cool. I seen that one a few times, but I was actually looking for more of the devils series maybe and a few of the other highlight games they were showing those nites leading up to Messier nite.

thanx tho d. ;)
  • Options
    D Lo Brown wrote:
    how is the "oh baby" video?
    awesome! I think its better than the official stanley cup one the nhl puts out.

I wish I had a dvd burner, Id burn it for ya, but I'll check with my cousin or my friend, they might be able to do it for me. If so, I'll pm ya.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    awesome! I think its better than the official stanley cup one the nhl puts out.

I wish I had a dvd burner, Id burn it for ya, but I'll check with my cousin or my friend, they might be able to do it for me. If so, I'll pm ya.

damn- tonights game is on OLN. Just received an e-mail . I dont know what to think of these games . They are also playing a special about Messier Night- something called "raised to the rafters ". Ive never seen it but will likely check it out.
    During Messier week, i recorded the Game in NJ ( think it was game 6 ) / 1994 semi- finals- the game we all now know as the guarantee game., with the natural hat trick .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    damn- tonights game is on OLN. Just received an e-mail . I dont know what to think of these games . They are also playing a special about Messier Night- something called "raised to the rafters ". Ive never seen it but will likely check it out.
    During Messier week, i recorded the Game in NJ ( think it was game 6 ) / 1994 semi- finals- the game we all now know as the guarantee game., with the natural hat trick .

That sucks. I get OLN, but since its a home game, I was so looking forward to watching it in HD, which rocks.
  • Options
    OLN sucks.....NBC is a LIL better but fuck it, Im off tonite, Im gonna burn one, sip on a brew or some wine and enjoy it! with the sis and hubby and friends not being big hockey fans and being alone,,, I FINALLY get to enjoy the big screen all to myself and watch uniterupted hockey and wwe raw during the commercials! :D:D:D
  • Options
    wow- Doug Weight ( former Blueshirt ) has been traded by St L to Carolina ! Huge player move, eh ? Firesale in St Louis ????????

Lets Go rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    who did carolina give up?? fuck their even stronger now
  • Options
    In exchange for Weight and left wing Erkki Rajamaki, the Hurricanes have traded their first round draft pick in 2006, Toronto's fourth-round pick in 2006, Chicago's fourth-round pick in 2007, right wing Jesse Boulerice, center Mike Zigomanis and rights to unsigned draft pick Magnus Kahnberg to the Blues. Carolina acquired the fourth-round pick from Toronto in the draft-day deal that sent Jeff O'Neill to the Maple Leafs, and acquired Chicago's 2007 fourth-round pick in the Dec. 29 trade that sent Radim Vrbata to the Blackhawks.

Carolinas gonna be no joke.

Dougies the man! We (me, him and Tony Amonte and a few of my hockey playing friends) would listen to the Ten album in Dougies car their rookie year b4 and after the games while talking shit outside the Garden. Theyre HUGE PJ fans! ;)

edit-St. Louie has traded Mike Sillinger to Nashville for Timofei Shishkanov. Now they have two of the top faceoff men in the league alongside Yanic Perrault. Watch out 4 the preds too.

I wonder who and if the the Rangers can use anyone from St. Louis.....maybe a defenseman? or an enforcer?
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I wonder who and if the the Rangers can use anyone from St. Louis.....maybe a defenseman? or an enforcer?

Cool story. I don't know. I kind of think the Rangers are doing just fine as they are. Jagr kicks the cold, the power play wakes up and someone else besides Prucha and Jagr score and we're good to go.
  • Options
    That just sucked. Up 2-0 late in the third, only to lose it 3-2 in OT. Wastes all of Henrik's hard work. At least we have Pittsburgh and the Islanders coming up. Should be two easy wins if they can keep their heads in the game.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    That just sucked. Up 2-0 late in the third, only to lose it 3-2 in OT. Wastes all of Henrik's hard work. At least we have Pittsburgh and the Islanders coming up. Should be two easy wins if they can keep their heads in the game.
    if friggin Rucchin doesnt touch that damn puck, Henrik prolly winds up with a shutout..... even the 2nd goal was cheesy.Paybacks gonna be a bitch on Saturday

thats TWO games philly won in OT that they didnt deserve PERIOD. SO we better come out hungry and take em out like the lightning did...flat out embarass them and take over our 1st place spot.

what a wack game... :mad:
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Cool story. I don't know. I kind of think the Rangers are doing just fine as they are. Jagr kicks the cold, the power play wakes up and someone else besides Prucha and Jagr score and we're good to go.
    yea but due, this is getting ridiculous already....we need a Leetch type or somebody with a booming shot to at least get it to the net and/or quarterback our powerplay...fuck.....0 for what...like 4 again tonite?
  • Options
    mother fuc### what a fuc### crock of shit ,, i have no more to say
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    if friggin Rucchin doesnt touch that damn puck, Henrik prolly winds up with a shutout..... even the 2nd goal was cheesy.Paybacks gonna be a bitch on Saturday

thats TWO games philly won in OT that they didnt deserve PERIOD. SO we better come out hungry and take em out like the lightning did...flat out embarass them and take over our 1st place spot.

what a wack game... :mad:

that game SUCKED bigtime.All that hard work, all those acrobatic saves, Henrik was looking cool as ice the whole way thru .
    Its true, we need maybe another blueliner to uphold the line ( ESPECIALLY ON PP ), but clearly, its evident what we need even more is ( Yes, we are missing Blair Betts ) a winning faceoff man.
    Just like JD was saying, in our own zone, losing those precious faceoffs- thats how Philly even won the last time., ( 7 seconds into OT ) We gotta keep our heads up, even tho we got the short end of the stick, we should now know that with just a little more " ooomph " we could have beaten this philly team, TWICE.
    At least we walked away with 1 point, but the race is getting tighter & tighter,..hopefully last nights 1 point wont be the difference somewhere down the road

Lets Go, Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    they didn't win the game.... we lost the game and yes betts is a bigger loss than most would think
  • Options
    They had the Pearl Jam cranking after 3rd period ended at the Garden ( even flow ) ! It went for a good 30 seconds and was clear as a bell.

I dont know where team USA is ranked or believed to be finishing in the upcoming olympics, but if Esche is indeed team USAs goalminder, we might have a chance. Some of the saves he made, in particular in the earlier periods, were just amazing.I remember that one shot right in front of the crease, i think it was Jagr, I still dont know how that didnt go in ( it was a wide open net )

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg