B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I was at the Devils game at the Meadowlands last night and didn't see Bruce, but I heard a post-game radio interview with the Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek, and he said that Bruce was at the game with his son Sam. Apparently Vanderbeek is a Bruce fan and he had him in his suite for at least part of the game. He said it was Bruce's first time at a hockey game. Not much else was discussed except for Vanderbeek saying he hopes that Bruce will one day play at the Devils new arena in Newark which is scheduled to open next season.

I guess Bruce is no longer in the islands, or Nashville, or Atlanta........

wow

:eek:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • springsteen and the east street band were the first event at STAPLES Center in LA, perhaps they'll be the first at the new Devils facility.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    your tenure was definitely too short.

The head - traffic cone Malik ( who astoundingly has a very good + / - ) returns to the NYR roster.

I'm going to turn over a new leaf and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

we need to be hitting on all cylinders for an extended period of time ( weeks maybe months ) in order to clinch that playoff spot.

Faith Will Be Rewarded

[size=+3] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

Faith Will Be Rewarded

dont bother.

go isles.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    dont bother.
    go isles.

dont bother with what ?
    that doesnt make much sense

oh and even we handled the flyers with ease

you guys barely beat them ( by 1 fluke goal i believe ) last night,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    dont bother with what ?
    that doesnt make much sense

oh and even we handled the flyers with ease

you guys barely beat them ( by 1 fluke goal i believe ) last night,....

dont bother with the faith...

and did u watch the game last night? No, obviously not...and if u did, maybe hockey's not your sport. the isles completely shut down philly...excellent defensive game...sometimes u dont need to score 5 amazing goals to win...sometimes defense and staying out of the box can do it (memo to the rangers). and yea, philly sucks, but they still have decent players and cant be taken lightly.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • and moving on: this comes from today's daily news:

GM plan on the Mark

Mess: I'm ready to run Rangers

By JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

He unflinchingly talked about winning the Stanley Cup and ending the Rangers' championship jinx from the moment he arrived in New York in 1991. And he didn't try to rescind his guarantee of victory in Game 6 against the Devils in 1994 when it hit the back pages the morning after he made it.

So it should have surprised no one yesterday that Mark Messier not only didn't back off his recent declaration that he wants to be the Rangers' next general manager, he said he's ready to do the job right now.

"Could I jump straight into that job? Yes. Would I be opposed to doing anything or apprenticing or anything like that? No. But I guess in a way, as you go through your career, you really are apprenticing with the coaches that have coached you and the people you've worked with," Messier said.

"So really, in absorbing from the discussions I've had with Glen (Sather) over the years and the advice people have given me, in a way it has been a 25-year apprenticeship."

Messier made an appearance at the Hackensack University Medical Center yesterday to announce that the hospital's highly regarded immunology department had agreed to conduct clinical tests on Cold-FX.

But while the product he pitches was designed to enhance the immune system, The Captain was characteristically willing to expose himself to criticism and skepticism about his recently revealed desire to succeed Sather as the Rangers' general manager.

"Naïve or not, the bottom line is: It's still a hockey game," Messier said. "And it's putting a team on the ice that can win a championship. That is it. And I feel I have that knowledge.

"And having said that, again, these are all hypotheticals. But if you're asking me, then I don't think I'd sit here and say, 'I don't know if I can do it.'"

Having watched contemporaries and friends such as Wayne Gretzky (part owner/coach in Phoenix), Mario Lemieux (owner in Pittsburgh) and John Davidson (general manager in St. Louis) go directly into top management positions without any hands-on experience, Messier is understandably confident he can do the same.

He's similarly unconcerned about tarnishing a legacy of success in New York that culminated with him captaining the Rangers to their only Cup in 66 years.

"I played 26 years professionally and I won six championships," he said. "That's about a one-to-four ratio of failures to successes.

"As far as tarnishing an image, I don't think that anybody who is motivated and focused to do a job is paralyzed by those kinds of situations. I think you enter into any arena with the confidence and the feeling that you're going to try to make a difference.

"It would be like going on the ice worried about giving the puck away for the winning goal against you and worrying about failure rather than going out there worrying about success."

Messier abhorred those who played the game absorbed by what they couldn't do rather than taking risks to achieve excellence. He appears to have adopted a similar approach to his new objective.

He insisted yesterday that he has had no discussions on the topic with Sather - though he plans to shortly - and that no agreement is in place to bring him aboard. He reiterated that he has no idea if or when Sather plans to step aside and didn't feel that his candidacy should receive any special consideration.

"There's absolutely zero in place," Messier said. "There hasn't been one meeting or talk about it, anything other than the stuff that I've said. I think that's just kind of what got lost in translation there.

"And in reality, who's to say that Glen is even moving over? Obviously, New York and the Rangers is where I hope to be able to work. But I don't think that's any secret to anybody."

Nevertheless, Messier admits to being a bit surprised at the reaction to a story published Tuesday in the Edmonton Sun stating that he planned to move his family from Hilton Head, S.C., to New York full-time and pursue the Rangers GM job. He said he thought his desire to raise his 3-year-old son Douglas and 18-month-old daughter Jacqueline in the city was well-known.

"I've always said that I was going to live in New York," he said. "And with Douglas getting ready to go to school, no matter what happens with the Rangers situation, we feel this is going to be a place where we want to settle down and live until our kids go through school."
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    dellapina is all over this story today in NY Daily News also,.

I went to the site, to catch any breaking news ,

but instead I got Celebrities At The Garden story.

oh well.

C'mon Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Rangers Report

check out the new line combinations ! :eek: :eek:

Paging the new Kip Miller
    February 8

If the knock against Tom Renney recently is that the coach hasn’t been willing to mix things up enough, then today might offer a response.

As with anything else that happens in practice, there’s no guarantee you’ll see it the next night in the game. But it sounds like the lines Renney toyed with today are likely to stick together tomorrow against the Lightning. And if I’m wrong, well, what else is new?

On then, with what are likely to be the team’s most radical line combinations of the year:

Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
    Hossa-Krog-Jagr
    Straka-Cullen-Ortmeyer
    Prucha-Betts-Hollweg

A few quick thoughts:

My undying devotion to a fellow UNH Wildcat aside, I’m aware that pairing the previously fourth-line-dwelling-Krog with Jagr is going to raise a few eyebrows. But that was the unit that Jagr played most of the second half of the Devils game with, and you’ll recall it was some of the Big Fella’s best hockey in weeks.

And as even Jagr himself said, just because he’s a future Hall of Famer doesn’t mean his linemates need to be.

“Both guys got skill and that’s important,” Jagr said. “We’ve got to give it time. I was playing with Kip Miller for four or five years in Pittsburgh and nobody thought that would work. But we scored a lot of goals, and before that both of my linemates were in the minors. So you never know.”

So in other words, I said, you’re open to this?

“It can’t get any worse right now,” Jagr said.

Renney keeps going back to the flexibility Sean Avery now allows him, so this is as much a byproduct of the combustible wing being in the lineup as anything else.

“I just think we have an opportunity to (mix things up) more so than before,” Renney said.

Another radical departure was Renney experimenting with Jagr and Shanahan on two different power play units, which you may remember from their philosophical showdown a few weeks before, both had said they were open to. In the new unit, Shanahan would be with Avery and Krog up front, while Karel Rachunek and…drumroll please….Matt Cullen would be at the point. As you know, Cullen had been a staple on the backline for Carolina last season, but has yet to be used there by Renney this year. Tomorrow, however, might be his time.

One last thing: Avery had mentioned that girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert is making her way East and will likely be at the Garden for his home debut. No offense to Matthew Modine and Tim Robbins, but as far as celebrities in the crowd go, I’d offer this as an upgrade.
    platessmall.jpg
    Lightning Storm rolling into MSG tonight,.

And, after tomorrows game with The Capitals ( Round 2, Shanny vs Brashear ? ? :confused: ) we have a 5 day break .:confused::confused:

the schedule-makers need a good swift kick in the ass.

This years version is really really bad .

that is all

[size=+4]Lets Go Rangers[/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    One last thing: Avery had mentioned that girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert is making her way East and will likely be at the Garden for his home debut. No offense to Matthew Modine and Tim Robbins, but as far as celebrities in the crowd go, I’d offer this as an upgrade.

WORST CASE SCENARIO,,WE GET TO SEE THIS
    holy shit

did you guys see todays NY Post ?

( no- today it is not larry brooks )

but anyhow- Tom Renney is sure mixing things up, instead of musical chairs , he's playing musical line combinations.

Whats gonna happen when the music stops playing ?

:confused:

NY Post

RANGERS SEEK POWER BOOST

By BRETT CYRGALIS

ELECTRIC PLAYER: Sean Avery, acquired from the Kings to add energy to the Rangers, was tried on the second power-play unit yesterday at practice.February 9, 2007 -- The Rangers, who were six points out of the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference before play last night, have lost their past four games and eight of their past 11 heading into tonight's meeting with Tampa Bay at the Garden.

Something needs to change if the Rangers want to stay in the playoff hunt, and change is exactly what happened yesterday at practice.

Nearing the end of their off-day workout, Tom Renney spent about 15 minutes looking at new power-play units, hoping to ignite a spark for the Rangers' slumping special teams.

"It was an opportunity to take a peek at some combinations and see what they look like," Renney said. "We got some good feedback."

One of the combinations Renney looked at included recently acquired Sean Avery, who came to New York in a trade with the Kings on Monday. The group consisted of Brendan Shanahan, Jason Krog and Avery up front, with Karel Rachunek and Matt Cullen at the point positions. Avery seemed to add a little enthusiasm to a what-would-be second unit; a unit from which the Rangers have been lacking production.

"You can generate two different looks from two different groups," Renney said. "It boils down to what we've been able to put on the ice up till now.

"We think we can be more effective now, if we decide to use two units, because of the personnel."

It's not only on special teams where Renney thinks Avery will make an impact.

"He gets involved in a number of different ways and it keeps everyone on their toes," Renney said. "He adds a little bit of a jump to your step, and when you're trying to find your game and get some traction, the timing of an acquisition such as [Avery] is real good."

In Avery's first game as a Ranger, a 3-2 shootout loss to the Devils on Tuesday night, he assisted on a Rachunek goal, Avery's 29th point of the season, getting 17:36 of ice time and logging four shots on goal. Known to be a scrappy player with a big mouth, Avery also brings talent to the slumping Blueshirts.

"He's got a lot of skill," Jaromir Jagr said of Avery. "He's a good skater and has good hockey sense."

In addition to the Avery trade and the experimentation with the power play, Renney has mixed up the even-strength forward combinations, including breaking up the offensive triumvirate of Martin Straka, Michal Nylander, and Jagr. Against the Devils, Jagr often skated with Marcel Hossa (who seems to finally be playing up to his potential) and Krog.

"They're young guys," Jagr said of his new linemates. "We have to see what's going to happen."

Renney said, "We are a desperate team. What we have to be is poised, and calm, and very businesslike as we approach all of this.

"If we continue to play hard, and intelligently, I think we can pull this off."

LIGHTNING at RANGERS Tonight 7 - MSG

ESPN (1050)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Hopefully tickets will be available for Adam Hall night at MSG...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    this is one guy we wont even miss,

or know the difference. :rolleyes:

Maybe this 27 year old will impact the team.
    platessmall.jpg
    [size=-2] and bitch a fit ! [/size]

not sure how long this will be up at the site , but take a lookey.
    Will The Rangers make the playoffs ? Speak your mind at (212) 465 - MSGN ( 6746 )

Hot Topic
    platessmall.jpg
  • not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but does it strike anyone as interesting that the week messier shows an interest in being the Rangers GM that Sather becomes somewhat active with two trades in five days...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    get the warren commision

:D

still 3-4 million sub - cap limit :cool:

still more notable names to come i'd say , especially moreso that they on on the verge of missing out of the 2nd season.

:confused:

X, do you think this guy from the wild plays tonight ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • i don't know, but you'll get the report from warmups:
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but does it strike anyone as interesting that the week messier shows an interest in being the Rangers GM that Sather becomes somewhat active with two trades in five days...
    maybe sather figured out that if he doesnt do something soon, he will be gone. i think mess would be a great gm, just like garth snow is a great gm.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

just like garth snow is a great gm.

with all due respect to you metsy ,..

alltho snow did make a few great fast moving deals immediately after his becoming GM and Neil Smith booted out the doors onto Hempstead Tpke,

arent a few victorious playoff rounds only the start to getting on the road to true " greatness " ? :confused:

oh yeah and lets not forget to mention the 15 year ,........ what,..........85 million dollar contract that he first made after smiths exile ? To a goaltender ( and lets be frank- thats just way too much of both time and money )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    with all due respect to you metsy ,..

alltho snow did make a few great fast moving deals immediately after his becoming GM and Neil Smith booted out the doors onto Hempstead Tpke,

arent a few victorious playoff rounds only the start to getting on the road to true " greatness " ? :confused:

oh yeah and lets not forget to mention the 15 year ,........ what,..........85 million dollar contract that he first made after smiths exile ? To a goaltender ( and lets be frank- thats just way too much of both time and money )
    i didnt say greatness, i said great gm, huge difference. the dp sigining was a smart move in reality, cause hes yearly pay is one of the lowest in the league for goaltenders
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• not sure about dupuis just yet but sean avery's girl is here section 86, row b, seats 1 and 2..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    not sure about dupuis just yet but sean avery's girl is here section 86, row b, seats 1 and 2..

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE !

i like this deal ,,i thought hall was gonna be good but he was far from it

think we need 2 points 2night????

LET'S GO BOYZ!!!!!!!!!
    pregame - al trautwig just said no dupuis tonight- and they showed hall going off- leaving the NYR fcility , climbing into his truck- ( could have been crying ) and he drove off . and al said he was very upset.

best of luck, whatsyourname ....
    platessmall.jpg
    putting it on now

i wanna see elisha and win
  • Mpls Star-Tribune article about Dupuis/Hall trade

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/

My favorite part:

"Wanted to check back in on the Dupuis-Hall trade. I might have been blind in the press box, but I did notice quite often that Dupuis would be a 50-goal scorer if the net was in the corner."
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    IF EVERY GAME WAS LIKE THIS............

nice to see the unsung players score

maybe hossa will score 40 w/ jagr?

love avery already

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • jaromir jagr on his play to ryan hollweg:

"It was a 2-on-0 and it would have been kind of selfish if I didn't pass the puck. It is good for everybody. I would have compared it to when a big fat guy scores a touchdown in football. Everybody loves it, they love the celebration. I want to see it too. I want to see a big guy dancing.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    jaromir jagr on his play to ryan hollweg:

"It was a 2-on-0 and it would have been kind of selfish if I didn't pass the puck. It is good for everybody. I would have compared it to when a big fat guy scores a touchdown in football. Everybody loves it, they love the celebration. I want to see it too. I want to see a big guy dancing.

Thats awesome.