[size=+4] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I went to the game Sunday vs the Isles...the place was going CRAZY when the rangers scored to make it 4-3 and 5-4...it was so much fun although they lost

I'm going:

December 17th vs Deviles @ MSG
    December 19th vs Isles @ MSG
    December 26th vs Isles @ Nassau
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    I just wanted to thrown in a "Let's Go Islanders!". I'll leave now.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    long red wrote:
    I just wanted to thrown in a "Let's Go Islanders!". I'll leave now.

yeah they woulda taken over first, all by themselves, had they won tonight
    :rolleyes:

Kaspar looked pretty good out there, threw some checks around, no stupid penalties or giveaways( like Ozo )
    Henrik is still King when it comes to shootouts ! :eek:

[size=+3]- - - - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - - - -[/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NYMA11312080304.jpg

NYMA11712080326.jpg

sweet game but looked like we had to claw for this one.

congrats to nylander .

6 kids . :eek: wow
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i fell asleep after the 2nd

but i woke up to good news !!!

we need to play more consistent

hopefully kaspar can regain his form cause we need him
  • Options
    Well this is going to sound crazy but the December 19th game against the Isles, I don't know if I can make the game. They are not my season tickets because someone else has those seats so I paid for these seats myself. They are not together, one is in row c seat 8 and one is in row d seat 7, both in section 318...basically sitting right behind each other
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

You've heard it many times -- you have to play the full 60 minutes. You can't win playing just 30, 40, 50 minutes. You have to close the other team out. But if you play a good 40 to 50 minutes and lose, you can beat yourself up for it, but what about the other team? The other team just played a good 10, 15, 20 mintues -- and won! How come they didn't have to play a full 60 minutes to win? Because they won, that's why! That's what happened to the Rangers last night when they came back from a 2-0 deficit in the middle of the third period to beat Pittsburgh in a shootout.

The Rangers certainly can't be happy with the way they played until Blair Betts deflected home a Jason Ward floater off a superb shorthanded play by Michal Rozsival to jump-start the comeback that was completed exactly 90 seconds later when Brendan Shanahan fired a bullet past Marc-Andre Fleury -- and which was parlayed into a win when Shanahan fired another one past Fleury in the shootout. But at least they get to figure out why they were so flat from the vantage point of having won the two points.

"We were too conscious of what we had been working on these past couple of days," said coach Tom Renney afterwards, referring to the focus on defense during practices since last Sunday's defensive meltdown against the Islanders. "I don't have a theory for why we were relatively flat. The one thing we didn't do is give up the way we had against the Islanders. With that, there is transition, energy, attack, and we didn't seem to have that, beyond defending better."

Defending better wasn't enough over two periods. Not when you can't score goals, or even get shots on goal, despite playing a team boasting household names on defense like Alain Nasreddine and Micki Dupont (household names in their own households at least). Not when, despite defending better overall, you have a defender commit as egregious an error as the one Aaron Ward committed in handing Nils Ekman a breakaway that led to his successful penalty shot.

Not when, through the first 35 minutes, your special teams have failed 100%, going a lame 0-for-4 on the power play while giving up that penalty shot as well as a power play goal on the opposition's only man advantage to that point -- Sidney Crosby scored the PPG using the "Red Sea" move, which is where you go one on four and watch the seas part before you, leaving you an open lane to the net. But the special teams came through late, with a shorthander catalyzing a comeback for the second straight game, and a power play goal closing the gap.

One of the reasons the Rangers were so discombobulated offensively was because of the line juggling heading into this game, which got even more confusing when Michael Nylander left during the second period to tend to his wife, who went into labor and delivered their sixth child, a girl, leaving the center with a Brady Bunch of three boys and three girls. In the first period, second line center Jarkko Immonen got the least amount of ice time of any skater on either team, while the newly formed fourth line (Ryan Hollweg centering Petr Prucha and Adam Hall) got more playing time than the fourth line usually gets.

With Nylander out, Jason Ward moved up to center Jaromir Jagr and Martin Straka, and Immonen started getting more playing time. In the third period, Immonen made a key defensive play. All game long, the Pens had been successfully hitting the trailer on their rushes while the Ranger defense scrambled back to even things up against the skaters leading the rush. Immonen picked up a trailer -- Sergei Gonchar -- and kept him from getting a pass in the slot.

Another reason the Rangers were so discombobulated is that they were trying to be way too fancy, making drop passes, extra passes, anything except shooting the puck. "We still try to do things fancy and it just doesn't work in this game," Renney said. "For whatever reasons we try to do too much of the fancy stuff."

But the bottom line is that Henrik Lundqvist rebounded from his last two outings to keep the Rangers close for nearly 50 minutes until they finally started scoring before slamming the door shut on Pittsburgh in the shootout -- two of the three shooters he stopped were the ones who had beaten him in regulation, Ekman and Crosby. Lundqvist is now a perfect 22-for-22 on shootouts this season (four wins), and he believes that his prior two games (Atlanta and Isles) were a blip on the turnaround he experienced through almost all of November.

"When I look back at the last twelve games I played I've been playing pretty good," he said. "Eleven out of twelve have been pretty good. Of course I was disappointed after last game. I don't think I let in any soft ones, but I still think I can play better. It was important for me to get back here and get a good game." He had a good game alright -- he was first star in a game in which Shanahan was a shooting star.

Here's some other stuff Renney had to say before and after the game:

On Darius Kasparaitis, making his first start in a long time and leading the team in both hits and blocked shots with six apiece (Hollweg and Tyutin also had six hits each): "He certainly competed hard. He brought an element to our back end that's been missing with the physical presence. Does that translate to playing against Ottawa [Saturday night]? Possibly. But does it warrant playing more? Yeah. Is it back to back and beyond? I'm not sure. We got to get him into a reasonable flow."

On why Adam Hall was chosen as the third man in the shootout after Shanahan and Cullen (although he never got a chance to go): "He's been very good historically. We've done some research on him and he'd done well in Nashville on shootouts. So we thought he'd be someone that, if you scout out other teams, you wouldn't have anything on Adam from this year." Why Hall and Cullen instead of Jagr and Straka? Who knows. But it worked this time thanks to Shanahan and Lundqvist.

On why Jason Ward got the call to replace Nylander centering the first line: "We practiced that way in the past when Michael's not been there. We've used Wardo with Jags occasionally and they seem to have some chemistry there. If that's the way Strak and Jags are able to play and they like that combination, then I'll work to that if they feel good about it." Translation: Jags asked for Wardo.

On why Petr Prucha thinks he's struggling: "[He thinks] he's gotta score every shift. His measure of success is different than mine. Mine might be more flexible. I just hope for Petr to be a solid contributor and do the little things we need to do as a team. And as he does that, I think the opportunities to score will present themselves. [Pressuring himself to score goals] doesn't affect his work habits or his positional play at all. It might affect to a degree what he tries to do with the puck. He might try to manufacture something that doesn't exist or maybe make an individual play instead of the extraordinary play. I'd rather have to rein a guy in than light a fire."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    3pm game on Saturday afternoon?

:eek:

[size=+3] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NICE WIN TODAY.. great game all around great goaltending great hits
    good pace this is the type of hockey game that should be shown to those trying to get into the sport

got nervous w/ nylander there looks to be ok

henrik was awesome the heatley save on the breakaway was a big turning point

the only downside was the last 10 mins of 2nd period got outplayed big time

very satisfied sat night 4 me

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    very satisfied sat night 4 me

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

let the isles and devils lose, then it 'll be perfect .;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    nice win today, anyone going tommorow vs. florida?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    gotta love weekend back to backs.

Lets Go Rangers.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    nice win today, anyone going tommorow vs. florida?

Yup, I'll be there, all the way up in section 412, in my limited sight view seat! But who cares, its a game!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!
  • Options
    i'll be there behind section 335 in the upper press box
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    we'll a couple of weeks ago i had a christening on a sunday night and we defeated a florida team ... tonight a freaking wedding on long island and we play another florida team .... i know i know iam stretching here

O SHIT I HAVE TO GET READY ..FREAKING PJ BOARD

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!
  • Options
    Anyone want those seats for the 19th game against the Isles?
  • Options
    nice game tonight for weekes, cool to see "alive" was played as the fan's song of the night also.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    awesome.

3-0 since inserting Darius ( & Immonen ) , even tho he has taken a few bad penalties---
    trade Ozoloinsh away !

[size=+3] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    keep inviting me 2 parties on sunday nights niceeeeeee

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
  • Options
    It was definitely an interesting game. Aside from outstanding goaltending by Weekes, it wasn't that exciting, until the last half of the third when the game was on the line. Good win though. Nice to see the defense playing a little better. Now if they'll just play Pock and bench Rachunek, we'll be OK. And keep playing Immonen, its only a matter of time before he scores!

Oh, and how BS was it that they didn't give Prucha a penalty shot?

Anyway...

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20061207T013510420&newsgroup=ap.sportsml.columnist.article&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) - Mark Messier's famous No. 11 is going to the rafters - again.

This time "The Captain" will be honored by the Edmonton Oilers, his first NHL team that he helped lead to five Stanley Cup titles in seven years.

"I'm not promising anybody I'm not going to cry. That would be a big mistake," he said Wednesday.

One year after the New York Rangers honored Messier by retiring his number, the Oilers will do the same on Feb. 27 when former teammate Wayne Gretzky and his Phoenix Coyotes come to town.

In an NHL career that spanned a quarter century, Messier won six Stanley Cup titles - five with Edmonton and one with the Rangers. He retired in September 2005 as the second-leading scorer in NHL history, trailing only Gretzky, with 1,887 points (694 goals and 1,193 assists).

"I don't know if Wayne Gretzky is as good without Mark Messier and conversely I don't know if Mark Messier is as good without Wayne Gretzky," said former teammate Kevin Lowe, now the Oilers general manager.

His No. 11 will join the sweaters of Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Grant Fuhr, Jari Kurri and Al Hamilton high up in Rexall Place. The game is already sold out and the Oilers will wear vintage blue jerseys that night from the Messier-Gretzky heyday of the 1980s.

Messier was pleased that the ceremony will be held with Gretzky in the building. He said Gretzky, now the Coyotes coach, was the leader of the young Oilers when the club was first learning how to win.

"Wayne was so far advanced to us in so many areas," he said. "I figured out pretty quickly that if I watched and figured out what he was doing and tried to emulate it, I could become a better hockey player."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2495

POCK SENT TO HARTFORD ON CONDITIONING ASSIGNMENT

12/11/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman Thomas Pock has been assigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on a two-week conditioning assignment.

Pock, 25, has skated in six games with the Rangers this season, registering one goal and one assist for two points.
    In 2005-06, the 6-1, 210-pound defenseman spent a majority of the season with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL), registering 15 goals and 46 assists for 61 points, along with 99 penalty minutes in 67 games.

He finished the season ranking second on the Wolf Pack in assists (46) and tied for fifth on the team in scoring with 61 points. His 61 points ranked third among all AHL defensemen and also set a Wolf Pack franchise record for points in a single season by a defenseman.

In addition, the 2006 AHL All-Star appeared in eight games with the Rangers last season, registering one goal and one assist, along with four penalty minutes.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    gotta take advantage of an injury riddled flyers squad

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    gotta take advantage of an injury riddled flyers squad

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

and Philth-a-delphia put Petr Nedved up on waivers- again ! nobody wants the poor guy,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    and Philth-a-delphia put Petr Nedved up on waivers- again ! nobody wants the poor guy,...

i wonder why?? lol
  • Options
    haha

i'll be catching the game on DVR- i'm going across the river to the jersey side, to see The Boss tonight- & no - thats not George Steinbrenner ! ;)

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    haha

i'll be catching the game on DVR- i'm going across the river to the jersey side, to see The Boss tonight- & no - thats not George Steinbrenner ! ;)

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]

Nice! Enjoy. I'll be missing the game because I'll be seeing Damien Rice at the Beacon.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    where's springsteen at tonight?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    where's springsteen at tonight?

sorry X

Count Basie Theatre , Red Bank New Jersey .

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061209/ENT/612090403/1031

Bobby Bandiera leads all-star benefit concert

Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 12/9/06

BY ED CONDRAN
    CORRESPONDENT

It doesn't take long for Bobby Bandiera to pull together recording artists for his All Star Holiday Concert benefit.

"I live next door to some of the guys who will play," he said. "I also can run into them at the grocery store."

Some of the usual suspects, such as Southside Johnny Lyon, will be performing alongside Bandiera on Tuesday during the third annual ALS benefit at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank.

There also are some high profile folks that Bandiera, 53, doesn't see while picking produce in his Brick neighborhood who may or may not appear at the sold-out event.

"You never know who is going to show up," Bandiera said.

The concert is akin to a Christmas present. Fans will have to wait and see what's under the wrapping paper.

Will Jon Bon Jovi, who tabbed Bandiera to join his band for his 2005-06 tour, or his charitable pal Bruce Springsteen pop in for the concert? Or will other high-profile recording artists from out of the area perform?

You'll need a much sought-after ticket to find out who graces the stage. What aficionados should know is that about 20 percent of the material will be comprised of holiday tunes.

"I've been a big fan of Christmas songs ever since I was a little kid," Bandiera said while calling from Cleveland. "I love "White Christmas' by Darlene Love and Chuck Berry's "Run Rudolph Run.' But we're going to be doing a lot of regular material."

The songs are just part of the equation. The unpredictable banter between the artists is worth the experience.

"Most of us who perform together know each other very well," Bandiera said. "We have a good time up there. It's showbiz, but there are no fake smiles when we get up there. It's part of what people come out for. It's loose, but when it comes to the performance, it's very serious.

"I'm not James Brown out there giving fines of $20 for every mistake someone makes in the band. I'll just go up and kick them in the shins. To me, it's a big deal whether you step on the stage of The Stone Pony, Giants Stadium or the Count Basie. You have to be a professional, and professionals will join me for this show. We'll be ready and well-rehearsed by the time the show comes around."

Bandiera can never do enough benefit shows.

"I've been doing shows like this for the last eight years," Bandiera said. "I would love to do more of them. It's good to give back. I've been very fortunate and this is the least I can do. And the other thing is that I enjoy it. To perform is a great way to give back."
    platessmall.jpg