B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• here we go ranjerks...time for your second beating of the year!!!!!

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • al montoya is in uniform, i think henrik has the flu..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • al montoya is in uniform, i think henrik has the flu..

indeed...henrik out, shanahan questionable.

lets........go.....islanders.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lets go islanders fuck the rangers............lets go islanders fuck the rangers.come on boys lets kick there butts again
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• DING....DONG!!!!

Wooooooo! Isles win!
    i love how the rangers kept trying to bait witt to fight,so funny

FUCK THE RANGERS

• i love how the rangers kept trying to bait witt to fight,so funny

FUCK THE RANGERS

hahha yea...colton orr....i was laughing my ass off....witt with the asshole smirk. nice.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Witt has been great against Jagr- a virtual shadow. Those years as his teammate has given him an advatage- for sure . He even admitted as much in between 1st and 2nd interview.

Well, we are down 0-2 to the Isles, with 6 more matches.

But realistically- you guys cannot be at ease and confident with DiPietro in nets. That guy is the luckiest goaltender out there , even tho we have virtually made him look like a superstar. :rolleyes:

We have a chronic prtoblem with offering up 5-on-3 advantages to our opponents- this absolutely has to stop .

God i hope they dont re-sign Nedved for a 3rd time. We need a strong , able, consistant defensemen .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • a little islanders-rangers trivia for those islander fans that like to come on this thread.

the islanders have recorded two hat tricks in 16 days against the rangers. before this the last two were done over four years apart in 1997 and in 2002. Can you name the players that did so?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    a little islanders-rangers trivia for those islander fans that like to come on this thread.

the islanders have recorded two hat tricks in 16 days against the rangers. before this the last two were done over four years apart in 1997 and in 2002. Can you name the players that did so?

****** cricket sounds ******
    platessmall.jpg
    did you guys catch a look at Jagrs girlfriend ? :eek:

even Shannys wife was very attractive .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    ****** cricket sounds ******

well i don't expect the ranger fans to chime in, i just wanted to see how good a memory the islander fans that invade this thread have...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    a little islanders-rangers trivia for those islander fans that like to come on this thread.

plaffy,parrish

• nope, not palffy and parrish. one player is still with the team and another is not playing anymore.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    ill say blake and peca or lindgren

• wrong again..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • wrong again..

one of them is Yashin....did it at the Garden....and the other....ummm...i'll say travis green just for the hell of it.
  • wait, i've got it....Yashin in 2002...and Czerkowski in 1997....and yes, i probably spelled chow's name wrong.
  • yashin is correct, the other was robert reichel.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

Rangers Box Themselves In Again

The Rangers pulled together through the adversity of losing yet another player to the flu (starting goaltender Henrik Lundqvist), but they still dropped their third straight game, 4-3, to the Isles at the Garden last night. Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan, playing on a line together at even strength for the first time this season, carried the team on the emotion of a pre-game ceremony honoring them for scoring their 600th career goals, accounting for all three Ranger tallies (two by Jagr, one by Shanahan, each registering one assist too). But both players were also at the epicenter of tsunami of second period penalties that led to a pair of power play goals and a third momentum goal that cost the team the game.

"We were doing alright tonight, and then we take some bad penalties," said coach Tom Renney. "Some bad penalties. In a couple of cases from important people. Then we're facing off at center ice. I like faceoffs at center ice after we score goals, not when we turn it over and give it the other way." The Rangers took six minors taken over a span of 8:05 going back to one taken with five seconds left in the first period that negated a Ranger power play. During that time, the Isles outshot the Rangers 10-2 and scored three goals -- the rest of the game, the Rangers outshot the Isles 31-16 and outscored them 3-1.

Shanahan was contrite about his penalty. "I'd like to take that back," he said of his roughing penalty after a whistle. "Obviously I got sucked into that one. He [Brendan Witt] did a good job of drawing me in. I thought he and I were going to get into it there. He threw his head back like I was Joe Louis. I got one guy come over and give me a shot, and another guy come over and give me a shot, and when I deliver a shot, that's when it gets called."

Jagr took his crucial holding minor 25 seconds later, leading to a long five on three on which the Islanders scored off the stick of Aaron Ward. But he was not in any mood to apologize. "You don't want to do it, but you do it," he said. "You don't do it on purpose. You work hard and sometimes it happens. If you don't take them, you won't win the hockey game -- if you're going to play that safe, you're not going to be effective. You want to do something extra. You don't want to hold the guy, you aren't doing it on purpose. It isn't smart, but it's part of the game."

There was no doubt that Jagr held Sean Hill, but Jagr argued vehemently that Hill dove to call attention to the tug. And he was right about that. Renney was not happy about how argumentative the Rangers were -- Shanahan and Darius Kasparaitis both argued calls against them. "That kind of pisses me off," Renney said. "Be businesslike, go to the penalty box, deal with it, move forward. I'm not into that kind of crap. I've had more than one referee come up to me and say, 'Tom, I respect what you're trying to do here, but tell so and so [he slices his hand through the air, meaning cut it out], instead of giving us a penalty."

While the Rangers were being called for their series of hooks, holds, and roughs, the Islanders were able to rough, interfere, and pick with near impunity. The worst case was Chris Simon picking off Karel Rachunek, freeing Alexei Yashin to score his game winning goal. "I don't disagree with what you're saying," Renney said when we asked him about this. "They were carrying some pretty big sticks too. That's the law of the jungle," he added, meaning the law that forbids coaches from commenting too strongly on the officiating, explaining why he didn't want to go any further on this subject.

On this night, Shanahan did not want to blame the officials. "I thought they put their whistles away in the third period tonight," he allowed. But, he said, "The penalties we took in the second period, we deserved them all. The disparity between the five on threes against and the five on threes for has been a little strange. Either we're doing something wrong when we're killing penalties or we have to do more on the power play to draw more."

But there was more to this loss than the penalties. "We talked about being a tight group," Shanahan said. "We knew the group that we had was not 100%, so we talked about being good defensively and counterattacking. We came out in the first period and did a real good job of that. We got the first goal, but unfortunately they answered right back. That first shift right after our goal is a big one. We didn't sieze it after we took the lead." That Islander goal was the result of Jagr's blind backhand pass in the neutral zone that went right to Jason Blake, who came in and scored, with Thomas Pock and Kevin Weekes offering little resistance.

"We still have enough room to be more physically engaged than we have been," said Renney. "There's guys in our lineup who understand that that would be an important part of their game because that's where they are in the rotation. We could have been a lot more physical. I liked our spirit, I liked our fight, I liked our willingness to press on, but I didn't like the battle level one on one when those opportunities were there. When you're trying to make a statement to a division rival, you take advantage of those opportunities."

He didn't name names on the battle level issue, but he had nothing but good things to say about three young forwards -- Ryan Hollweg, who played a lot of minutes in a broader role than we usually see him in; Jarkko Immonen, playing on the fourth line tonight but still making good plays at both ends of the ice; and Ryan Callahan, playing his second NHL game, his first at Madison Square Garden. "Ryan does have those kind of skills," said Renney of the extra qualities we saw in Hollweg in this game. "What he needs is more opportunity to do that. And from what I can see coming down the pike, he's going to get it. Ryan [Callahan] is a smart player -- all those young guys, Jarkko was good tonight, he's a smart player, Ryan Callahan is an intelligent player, feisty. It's a matter of getting used to the pace, the dynamic around the game."

"Pretty special there," said Callahan of his first Garden game. "Against the Islanders too. The crowd was amazing tonight. Definitely a good game for the first one at the Garden. I take it day to day," he said of how his showing might have affected management's view of him as a player. "I did what I could out there. I thought I played pretty well. I'll just take tomorrow as it comes."

"When I know I'm getting more ice I try to step up and do more for the team," said Hollweg of his role in this game. "It's just a matter of maybe not finishing a check and going for the puck in some instances. [But] I'm still going to play the same way [he usually plays]. That's the reason I'm getting ice time on that [third] line. I know my role on the team. I can't let up in that part of the game." Hollweg led a shorthanded two on one with Kasparaitis of all people. He faked a shot and tried to pass to Kaspar, but the pass was deflected by the lone defender. "I heard him [Kasparaitis] yelling," Hollweg explained. "I just tried to make a play -- he [the defender] made a good stop."

Shanahan and Jagr were both taken by surprise by the pre-game ceremony in which they were given silver sticks for their milestone goals. Shanahan's mother, wife, and children and Jagr's parents and girlfriend were on hand, as were three other 600 goal scorers, Shanahan's longtime Detroit teammate Steve Yzerman, Jagr's longtime Pittsburgh teammate Mario Lemieux, and Mark Messier, who quipped before the game that the Rangers weren't reading the label properly on the cold medicine he has been hawking all season, hence their flu epidemic.

"I wasn't even positive I was going to play tonight," the flu-stricken Shanahan said. "I've been on my back for the last two days. My wife knows me well enough to know I was going to play. The one giveaway was, she asked me if I was going to shave before the game. I didn't pick up on it," the unshaven winger said. "It was a nice surprise. Jaromir and I were totally caught off guard. Even when we were down 4-1, we were constantly talking about coming back. We really wanted to make it a special night, but unfortunately we ran out of time."
    platessmall.jpg
  • "While the Rangers were being called for their series of hooks, holds, and roughs, the Islanders were able to rough, interfere, and pick with near impunity."

gimme a break...who wrote this article? Sam Rosen?
    long red wrote:
    "While the Rangers were being called for their series of hooks, holds, and roughs, the Islanders were able to rough, interfere, and pick with near impunity."

gimme a break...who wrote this article? Sam Rosen?

did you not see the hyperlink at the top ?

actually, it was mike milbury ;)
    platessmall.jpg
    wow

isles trade mike york away.

that is somewhat shocking to me, anyone else ?

such a good player .
    platessmall.jpg
    JJs girlfriend ! ? :eek:

Shanahan_B_1219_ceremony.jpg

http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2520

JAGR, SHANAHAN HONORED FOR 600 CLUB MEMBERSHIP
    Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan celebrated their 600th goals in a pregame ceremony with a distinguished group of guests made up of NHL legends and family members.

12/19/2006

One month to the day after captain Jaromir Jagr scored the 600th goal of his NHL career, the Rangers organization officially honored both Jagr and assistant captain Brendan Shanahan for becoming the first NHL teammates to reach No. 600 in the same season.

In a special ceremony prior to Tuesday night's game against the Islanders, Jagr and Shanhan were brought to center ice, where they were greeted by their entire families as well as fellow 600-goal scorers Mark Messier, Mario Lemieux and Steve Yzerman.

The rare gathering of five of the 16 players who have scored 600 goals in the NHL came as a complete surprise to both Shanahan and Jagr. Long in the planning, the purpose of the ceremony was also kept a secret from Rangers fans, who were merely advised to be in their seats or in front of their television sets promptly at 7 p.m.

Among those taking part in the ceremony were Jagr's parents, Jaromir and Anna, who flew in from the Czech Republic, and Shanahan's mother, Rose, who came in from her home in Ontario, Canada. Shanahan's wife and three children were also on the ice, along with Jagr's girlfriend.

Messier, on behalf of the Rangers organization, presented Jagr and Shanahan with engraved silver sticks, commemorating their rare achievement.

The highlight for many fans was a chance to welcome back Messier, who received a thunderous ovation, and to see both Yzerman and Lemieux, two of the greatest players in NHL history. While they were rivals of the Rangers during their playing days, there was no doubt from the crowd's reaction that these were two of the most respected players NHL fans have ever known.

Jagr said he was particularly impressed and touched that Lemieux made the trip up from Pittsburgh to be with him at the event.

"Other than my parents, he was the biggest influence on me in hockey. That is for sure," said Jagr. "I came here at 18 years old and I had my style of hockey and he had his style, and he changed it."

Jagr scored his 600th goal in a Nov. 19 game against Tampa Bay at Madison Square Garden. Shanahan scored No. 600 in the Rangers' season-opener against Washington on Oct. 5.

Jagr and Shanahan are the third and fourth players to score their 600th goals while with the Rangers. Phil Esposito and Mike Gartner also reached the 600 milestone while with the Blueshirts. Five other 600-goal scorers also played for the Rangers but scored their historic goals with other teams.

NYMA11112200333.jpg

NYMA11012200332.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

isles trade mike york away.

that is somewhat shocking to me, anyone else ?

such a good player .

maybe it's because he could score against the rangers, 11 games against them since being traded for poti four years ago and no goals. ... i can't stand the flyers but i always liked york as a player..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    maybe it's because he could score against the rangers, 11 games against them since being traded for poti four years ago and no goals. ... i can't stand the flyers but i always liked york as a player..

absolutely agree here.

good guy .

things must be totally screwey down the pike in philly- with nedved and all this, theres always someone worse off.
    platessmall.jpg
  • York has had two speeds this year: terrible and invisible. I welcome the cap space.
  • brad isbister is back and will be in uniform for the next game..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    :confused:

dont know what to think / say about this ....
    platessmall.jpg
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

December 20, 2006

Isbister Replaces Callahan

Brad Isbister has been recalled from Hartford and Ryan Callahan has been sent back down, along with Al Montoya. Par for the course, given Renney's praise for Callahan last night while questioning the battle level of veteran role players of Isbister's ilk. So much for the short-lived Shamrock line of Shanahan, Callahan, and Martin Shamstraka.

LOL
    platessmall.jpg