Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    moster78 wrote:
    Bench Ozalinsh, play Kaspar already!

Amen !

even the announcers ( who have in the past few games praising Ozolinsh- only god knows why ) agree

bench Sandis , and play Darius already . :mad: :mad:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Very quiET today eh Baths...LOL good thing Jay was in Hawaii and not at da game.Round one to da kids boys nice ta see alot of fans at da garden last nite round two next tues nite.oh by da way
    FIRST PLACE ISLANDERS
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Very quiET today eh Baths...LOL good thing Jay was in Hawaii and not at da game.Round one to da kids boys nice ta see alot of fans at da garden last nite round two next tues nite.oh by da way
    FIRST PLACE ISLANDERS

uhm, its 1 game of 8, kid !
    so quiet would be appropriate today.
    we beat ourselves, plain and simple .
    dont get too razzed, you guys were holding those sticks very tightly before that final horn blew.

great fucking game, regardless of the final score.
    what a roller coaster of highs and lows.
    its all good, tuesday it continues.

admittedley there were a large number of isles fans at the G, and they even made mention of that, and you could clearly hear them at thegames end.
    This was due in large ammounts of Ranger season ticket holders who sold their tickets to Islander fans because they had NY Giant football season tickets as well, so these were basically all sold to islander fans . ( this is purely al trautwigs interpretation )

oh and poti still sucks, heh ?

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    poti played pretty well, i'd take him over ozolinsh and rachunek for sure.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    poti played pretty well, i'd take him over ozolinsh and rachunek for sure.

well, thats apples and oranges. :p

actually, i heard them say he's clocking like another 3 minutes total playtime per game out on the island . Certainly cant be any worse then those 2 ,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    lmfao

FIRST PLACE ISLANDERS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    lmfao

FIRST PLACE ISLANDERS

hahaha

DiP looking mighty shaky, too

15 year - 85 million dollar man,........:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    From Blueshirt Bulletin :
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

He may have been right -- Miro Satan scored one-on-five when he slipped past Petr Prucha and took advantage of Karel Rachunek's impression of a pylon to roof the first one over Lundqvist, Chris Simon scored a power play goal through a screen set by Rachunek after Sandis Ozolinsh let him walk out of the corner uncontested , Kozlov scored the first of his four on a turnover by Martin Straka on the doorstep, and Arron Asham took advantage of Fedor Tyutin and Aaron Ward screwing up a criss-cross, with Jaromir Jagr coasting in on the backcheck.

typical garbage we are dealing with :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Da kid though crackhead Theo was tops but debut jersey for da dec 26 game Crackhead Sandy.....Baths man da kid felt da love for Poti through da tv,LOL but Witt was huge on da blueline,plus forget about da gay DP chants it's RICO
    1st PLACE ISLANDERS........
    hope ta see you and Jay at da Crown Jewel on da 26
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Da kid though crackhead Theo was tops but debut jersey for da dec 26 game Crackhead Sandy.....hope ta see you and Jay at da Crown Jewel on da 26

is there an interpreter in the house ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hahaha

DiP looking mighty shaky, too

15 year - 85 million dollar man,........:rolleyes:
    dont really care,all i care bout is the W's
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dont really care,all i care bout is the W's

touche`

good thing for us there are 7 games left between NYR & NYI s .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

December 05, 2006

It "Appears" That Something "Might" Happen on D

Be careful what you wish for -- because it might not come true. With fans screaming for heads to roll on defense, coach Tom Renney said at practice yesterday of the chances that Darius Kasparaitis or Thomas Pöck would get to play, "I think reasonable applies to both." At least that's the way he's quoted in Newsday, where the comment was interpreted as a maybe. There is a more direct quote in the Post: "It would be reasonable to expect both Darius and Thomas to play. That would be the fair way to characterize it." A shake-up on defense is thereby upgraded to apparent. But that reporter doesn't use a recorder, sometimes going from notes, sometimes by memory.

Meanwhile, Sam Weinman, with extensive quotes from Renney about having faith in his team at Rangers Report, didn't get the sense that any changes were in the offing except perhaps a break for Ozolinsh, and neither did John Dellapina of the News (although both might have missed Renney's comments to the Post and Newsday). Steve Zipay of Newsday was not at the MSG Training Center, but his take on the situation can be found in Blue Notes. So Kasparaitis may get a chance in place of Ozo vs. Pittsburgh Thursday night, but until we get more concrete news, everything right now is "might", "may", or "appears" at best.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Da kid though crackhead Theo was tops but debut jersey for da dec 26 game Crackhead Sandy.....Baths man da kid felt da love for Poti through da tv,LOL but Witt was huge on da blueline,plus forget about da gay DP chants it's RICO
    1st PLACE ISLANDERS........
    hope ta see you and Jay at da Crown Jewel on da 26

I think, he means is the chant for Theo Fluery was the best and he's going to debut some kind of jersey with the word crackhead on it, possibly for ozolinsh, who's an alcholic. He also means, Bathgate, I felt the love for Tom Poti while watching on TV, but Brendan Witt was huge on the blue line. Also the chanting and taunting of DiPietro was rather gay.

First place Islanders and hope to see you and Jay at the Nassau Coliseum on the 26th. (I don't anyone refers to it as the crown jewel, though).
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    I think, he means is the chant for Theo Fluery was the best and he's going to debut some kind of jersey with the word crackhead on it, possibly for ozolinsh, who's an alcholic. He also means, Bathgate, I felt the love for Tom Poti while watching on TV, but Brendan Witt was huge on the blue line. Also the chanting and taunting of DiPietro was rather gay.

First place Islanders and hope to see you and Jay at the Nassau Coliseum on the 26th. (I don't anyone refers to it as the crown jewel, though).

LOLOLOL

thanks X !
    well done !

da kids words sometimes scramble my brainwaves- even with the yankees talk .
    Ozolinsh is an alcoholic, and we all know about Theo . But wearing a jersey exemplifying that is something else , no ? :confused: its pretty safe to say that you could get away with that at the Masoleum, but not at the Garden , even tho most NYR have dislike for Ozolinsh .I hear there was only 1 fight in the stands at the game the other night- seems the crowds are getting tamer.
    One thing I definitely agree with the kid, is Witts play. He was bouncing back and forth between right and left side and was a shadow on Jagr all night . Perhaps if we had a similiar , able, working defenseman , he could have done the same with Kozlov ( of all people ) , but thats an entirely different issue .

oh and any taunts toward Dip are okay with me - he just aint that good. Bring home team USA with a Gold medal- then i'll change my mind . :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    LOLOLOL

thanks X !
    well done !

da kids words sometimes scramble my brainwaves- even with the yankees talk .
    Ozolinsh is an alcoholic, and we all know about Theo . But wearing a jersey exemplifying that is something else , no ? :confused: its pretty safe to say that you could get away with that at the Masoleum, but not at the Garden , even tho most NYR have dislike for Ozolinsh .I hear there was only 1 fight in the stands at the game the other night- seems the crowds are getting tamer.
    One thing I definitely agree with the kid, is Witts play. He was bouncing back and forth between right and left side and was a shadow on Jagr all night . Perhaps if we had a similiar , able, working defenseman , he could have done the same with Kozlov ( of all people ) , but thats an entirely different issue .

oh and any taunts toward Dip are okay with me - he just aint that good. Bring home team USA with a Gold medal- then i'll change my mind . :rolleyes:

you're welcome, had the US had Ryan Miller on their team instead of Esche or DiPietro, they may have done better.

I've always loved how Witt has played, plus he might know a thing or two about Jagr since he was a teammate with the Capitals.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591

How the hell you ever deciphered that babble is beyond me, man! I just snagged tickets to that game. Going to the Masoleum is easy for me, I just walk across the street!
  • Options
    I guess my good grades in english are paying off. i'm sure that's what my high school english teachers had in mind for me - translate someone's babble on the pearl jam messageboard into regular english..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    I just snagged tickets to that game. Going to the Masoleum is easy for me, I just walk across the street!

i just tried , and could only pull up sect 312s. ( all the way at the end ) . what sec did you pull up ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/12052006/sports/rangers/rangers_shake_up_back_line_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

RANGERS SHAKE UP BACK LINE
    By LARRY BROOKS
    December 5, 2006 -- It appears the streak of 16 games in which the Rangers have gone with the same six defensemen working in the same three pairs will end Thursday night when the Penguins visit the Garden. It appears both Darius Kasparaitis and Thomas Pock will get the call from Tom Renney to replace Sandis Ozolinsh and Karel Rachunek.

"It would be reasonable to expect both Darius and Thomas to play," the head coach said yesterday following the no-nonsense, work-oriented, 75-minute practice in the wake of the debacle of a defensive effort in the 7-4 defeat by the Islanders a night earlier at the Garden. "That would be the fair way to characterize it."

The Rangers have lost four straight games - one in regulation, three while getting a consolation point - during which they've suffered a mounting number of breakdowns in their own end of the ice. Sunday, a defense unit that is rarely physical, was passive in the extreme, allowing Islander forwards to gain good ice and attack the net without ever fearing a bump.

"Forwards will be aware of me when I'm on the ice," Kasparaitis said. "My value is that I can hit and I can get opponents off their game, that hasn't changed for me.

"When I get the chance, I'm going to play hard, I'm going to bring enthusiasm onto the ice, and I'm going to hit people."

Of the 15 even-strength goals the Rangers have allowed over the last four games, the Ozolinsh-Rachunek pair has been on the ice for five. The recently and increasingly erratic Aaron Ward-Fedor Tyutin tandem has been on for six, including five of the nine in the last two games. The Marek Malik-Michal Rozsival pair has been on for only one against. Mixed pairs have been on for the other three allowed in the losing streak.

Pock, who last week declined management's request to join the AHL Wolf Pack for a conditioning assignment of up to 14 days, has played one game as fourth-line forward in the last 22 matches, and hasn't played a game on defense since Oct. 14, when he went minus-three in Buffalo. Kasparaitis hasn't played a game in the NHL since Oct. 30. He's played six all season.

"I feel awful about what's happened, but there is no point in complaining about it and I'm not angry at anyone," the 34-year-old Kasparaitis said. "I've talked to Tom and to Glen [Sather] and they've both told me to work hard so that I'd be ready when I get my chance.

"I don't really understand why I'm in the position I'm in or what happened. The team knew I wasn't going to be 100 percent at training camp after my surgeries this summer, but it seemed like from the first day my role had changed.

"It's been a tough time. It's been very painful watching these games every day. But all I can control is me. I have nothing negative to say about the organization or Tom. I appreciate what Glen did in signing me and giving me the chance to play for the New York Rangers.

"I just want to do what I can to get back to being the old me and help this team win."

That sounds reasonable.

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i just tried , and could only pull up sect 312s. ( all the way at the end ) . what sec did you pull up ?

Section 312! Row N. Who cares, its a game, and after seeing the Rangers kill them twice there last season, I'm down for more!
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Section 312! Row N. Who cares, its a game, and after seeing the Rangers kill them twice there last season, I'm down for more!

so you got these also> 312/ N 7 & 8 ? thats what i was looking at ,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so you got these also> 312/ N 7 & 8 ? thats what i was looking at ,....

Pretty much, except I'm not sure of the seat number, but thats the section and row!
  • Options
    so the isles lost to ottawa last night.

jason spezza is awesome.
    he'd look good in the red white and blue :p

tom night pitts , sidney and malkin .

and,

facing his former team ,.....

rangers060109_1_400.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/12062006/sports/rangers/rangers_revved_for_jed_return_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

RANGERS REVVED FOR JED RETURN

By LARRY BROOKS

December 6, 2006 -- The calendar indicates that we're 26 days away from next year, but the Rangers are approximately that close to a return to last year's model.

For Jed Ortmeyer is essentially ready to begin his conditioning assignment of up to 14 days with the AHL Wolf Pack, which means that when No. 41 returns to Broadway, the Rangers will be in a position of greater strength to give more ice time to their fourth line.

This should have positive ripple effects straight through a lineup in which Four Horsemen Jaromir Jagr, Martin Straka, Michael Nylander and Brendan Shanahan have received too much ice time while assuming far too heavy of a burden too early in the season.

"From a physical standpoint Orts is ready to go to Hartford within a very short time period," Tom Renney said yesterday. "From an organizational standpoint we're looking at the Hartford schedule as well as a couple of other factors for the best time to get him down there and playing the requisite number of games it will take for him to be ready to go at an NHL pace.

"I know he's chomping at the bit."

Indeed, Ortmeyer, who has missed the first two months of the season recovering from the pulmonary embolism he suffered in August, was on the practice ice yesterday in sweats and sneakers firing pucks at (and even sometimes, into) an empty net while the Rangers had a day off prior to tomorrow night's Garden match against the Penguins.

"The sooner the better is the way I look at it," Ortmeyer said. "I'm just waiting for the go-ahead from the coaching staff."

Starting Friday, the Wolf Pack play six games in 10 days. They play six games in 11 days starting Dec. 13. The Rangers are one under the 23-man roster max and thus are not required to make any personnel moves in order to activate Ortmeyer from IR.

When Ortmeyer returns, Renney will almost certainly reunite him with Ryan Hollweg on a hard-hat, energy fourth line - third member yet unknown - that the head coach would use in a fashion similar to last year's Ortmeyer-Dominic Moore-Hollweg unit. Last year's fourth line received an average of approximately 8:30 of even-strength ice per; this year's has generally received closer to 4:00 per.

"In many ways our fourth line really defined our identity as a blue-collar, hard-working club right from the start of last season, and I think we need to get back to that," Renney said. "I want to be able to get the fourth line those minutes and, no disrespect intended to anyone here, having Orts in the lineup will enable us to achieve that objective."

As Ortmeyer has carved a niche killing penalties, his return will also allow Renney to reduce Shanahan's minutes on the PK. Shanahan has averaged nearly 3:00 of PK time in his overall 21:08 per and had appeared fatigued prior to his hat trick-game against the Islanders on Sunday, going minus-seven in the previous three matches.

"There is no doubt we have to be cognizant of the ice time for Brendan and all of our veterans," Renney said. "I know Brendan loves to kill penalties and craves the ice time, but we have to take the long view.

"Certainly having Orts back will contribute to allowing us to do that in a constructive manner."

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    that's great. it looks like kaspar and pock could play thursday also..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    that's great. it looks like kaspar and pock could play thursday also..

FINALLY

it really doesnt matter who is playing

so long as Ozolinsh is off the roster.

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/12072006/sports/rangers/renney_wiping_dust_off_darius_rangers_justin_terranova.htm

RENNEY WIPING DUST OFF DARIUS

By JUSTIN TERRANOVA

GHOST OF A CHANCE: Darius Kasparaitis likely will replace Sandis Ozolinsh on the Rangers' backline tonight vs. the Penguins.

December 7, 2006 -- The odd-man out, at least for the time being, appears to be Sandis Ozolinsh. Darius Kasparaitis skated with Ozolinsh's defense partner Karel Rachunek yesterday at practice, which means they likely will be paired together tonight when the Rangers face the Penguins at the Garden.

"I will see [this morning]," Tom Renney said. "If [Kasparaitis] goes in, we will just remind him just to keep it simple and move the puck quickly and keep connected with the other four guys. We haven't executed particularly well in that regard, so he needs to pay particular attention to that."

Renney has been hesitant to insert Kasparaitis in the lineup and disrupt the chemistry of his defensive pairings. But the Rangers' recent defensive struggles, including an abysmal 7-4 loss to the Islanders on Sunday, apparently has forced Renney's hand.

Kasparaitis will try to use his hard-hitting, aggressive style of play to make a lasting impression and force Renney to keep him in the rotation.

"I know that I have to play good to be in the lineup and work really hard. I want to have a good shift right away. Have a big hit or something and just get the crowd going," Kasparaitis said.

But will that be enough for Renney, who seems loyal to the pairings that got the Rangers out of their early season funk?

"I thought we were playing quite well as a team defensively and I wanted to see if we could get that synchronized and I believe they will again, quite honestly," Renney said. "How that affects Thomas [Pock] and Kaspar at the end of the day remains to be seen."

For now, Kasparaitis has an opportunity to prove this is more than just a short-term solution.

"If you feel that way [like you are being judged day to day], it's tough to play. I felt that way in the beginning of the year and now I am just going to go have fun. It's not one chance, and if you miss, you are out. I think Coach is going to give me more than one chance because I deserve it."

The adjustments are not limited to the defense. Jarkko Immonen has been called up from Hartford to take over second-line center responsibilities for Matt Cullen, who will be moved to the wing.

"I believe we have a guy here [Cullen] that is really pressing," Renney said. "So we want to see if we can develop a level of comfort and confidence with him through that means. As opposed to all the responsibilities of a center iceman."

Renney said there is a good chance Henrik Lundqvist will start in goal tonight. He allowed four goals in the first period against the Isles and asked to be taken out of the game . . . Pock will remain on the bench for now. "He is in a holding pattern," Renney said. "He has to be ready to go, he may be the next guy to get a chance."

:eek: :eek: :eek: & Jaarko Immonen ? :eek: excellent !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Its about time they put Darius back in! Now if only they'll put Pock in as well. Screw Rachunek.

Psyched about Immonen. The guy I spoke to over the summer, who used to scout for the Wild, but now is scouting for the Rangers said he was one of the guys we should expect to see more from this season, hopefully he'll prove himself and stick around!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Its about time they put Darius back in! Now if only they'll put Pock in as well. Screw Rachunek.

Psyched about Immonen. The guy I spoke to over the summer, who used to scout for the Wild, but now is scouting for the Rangers said he was one of the guys we should expect to see more from this season, hopefully he'll prove himself and stick around!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

yeah this guy broke the record down in Hartford- i think he scored 5 goals in 1 game there . Too bad Ville Nimmenen isntr here anymore- he coulda helped him along.
    We got teased with him last season towards the end of regulation season- he scored 2 goals in a few games.
    platessmall.jpg