Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

never seen that b4 against the skanky devils

big win as always

i figured orr and janssens would go good fight cant wait to watch again on http://www.hockeyfights.com

tough tonight in carolina back to back games bullshit

maybe we need to play hossa on the 1st line???? LOL NOOOOOTTTTTT

LETS GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the fuckin' coverage on Versus is just horrible. ( is tonights game on there , again- even here in NYC ? ) I think i might shoot myself if i had to listen to these hooples again tonight .:eek:

This kinda shit makes me miss the glowpuck :rolleyes:

They repeatedly broke away to commercials just as penalty info was announced / posted . :confused: ? wtf ? ? ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    This kinda shit makes me miss the glowpuck

that shit was horrible lol
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    pretty cool that they have named an award after The Captain

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20061114T235713737&newsgroup=ap.sportsml.columnist.article&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

Brendan Shanahan first recipient of Mark Messier Leadership Award

Nov 14, 2006
    By MSG.com
    Courtesy of New York Rangers

NEW YORK – The National Hockey League announced today the introduction of the Mark Messier Leadership Award presented by COLD-fX, recognizing the player who best exemplifies leadership skills on and off the ice. Messier presented the inaugural award to New York Rangers left wing and assistant captain Brendan Shanahan at Madison Square Garden prior to Tuesday night’s Rangers game.

In his Rangers debut, Shanahan tallied two goals, including the 600th of his career, becoming the 15th player in League history to reach the milestone. Shanahan ranks third in the League (and leads the Rangers) in goals with 13. He also is the career goals leader among active players (611). Off the ice, Shanahan has been actively involved in community service throughout his career, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation and numerous charities for firefighters.

Throughout the season, Messier, with input from the NHL, will recognize players for their athletic performance; ability to motivate and influence teammates; a commitment to the community and charitable causes; and a dedication to a professional attitude as a representative of their sport and as a positive role model within society. For that honor, COLD-fX, the official immune enhancer of the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association, will donate $5,000 to the charity of his choice and the winner will receive a COLD-fX Luxury Healthy Lifestyle Gift Basket, which includes a one-year supply of COLD-fX. At season’s end, one player will be named the Mark Messier Leader of the Year and have his name engraved on the Mark Messier Leadership Award, presented by COLD-fX. In addition, COLD-fX will donate $25,000 to the Leader of the Year winner’s charity of choice.

"The NHL is extremely pleased that Mark and COLD-fX are introducing an award that not only recognizes on-ice leadership but also highlights the tremendous contributions NHL players make within their communities," said Commissioner Gary Bettman.

"The NHL is fortunate to have so many players that embody all the attributes of great leadership," said Messier. “This award provides an opportunity for me to acknowledge the players who lead by example and bring out the best in others, both within their sport as well as in the community."

"We have a shared vision with Mark for setting a new standard in leadership and excellence," said Dr. Jacqueline Shan, President and CEO of COLD-fX maker CV Technologies. "Mark is a daily inspiration to our team in its efforts to lead in the development of new natural medicines that will improve people’s lives. We are honored to support Mark in his mission to acknowledge the true leaders in sports who show credibility and integrity on a consistent basis."

In his 25 seasons in the NHL, Messier became the true definition of a leader. The six-time Stanley Cup® champion and 16-time NHL All-Star is widely viewed as one of the greatest sports leaders of all time. Among his numerous hockey and humanitarian honors, the recent naming of the Mark Messier Skyway at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey for his 15 years of dedication and commitment to help raise millions of dollars to benefit children with cancer and other serious blood disorders is one of the most special.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    i intially thought it was an even fight, but after looking at it again, janssen wins it... (not that it matters)
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Weekes get's the call in carolina tonight??

where he once played ,,, i think their is a good chance of that happening
  • Options
    :eek:

ijust recently re- upped my 2 year subscription here ( for like 30 issues it was 70 bucks ) & all the while - it turns out you can get most of it for free right here :

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

multiple links to NY Ranger sites, tickets and merchandise.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ugh,....

oh and the 1 st carolina goal was due in large part to Ozolinsh.
    Hope they did a boozecheck on him- SWI
    skating while intoxicated :rolleyes:- send this guy down for a 2 month conditioning stint, will you please tom renney ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    after costing the Rangers the game ....

LOL
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    And Of Course For #3500

Let's Go Ranger's!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The Original SoupMan Honors The New York Rangers

Seinfeld's "Soup Man" Dedicates New Soup To Blueshirts At Rockefeller Center Location on November 16
    NEW YORK, Nov. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Al Yeganeh, the notorious soup man who inspired the "Soup Episode" on Seinfeld, will once again demonstrate his love for the Big Apple by dedicating a new soup to the New York Rangers, Thursday, November 16 at 3:00 p.m. at The Original SoupMan's Rockefeller Center location at 37 W. 48th. The Ranger's Jed Ortmeyer will be on hand to accept the "soup dedication", and help ladle out the new soup to Rangers fans. Yeganeh's charity, "Al's Feed the Hungry Foundation", will also make a $1,500 donation to "Garden of Dreams", an organization affiliated with the Rangers that is committed to helping children in crisis throughout the Tri-State area.

Since 1984, New Yorkers and tourists alike have waited in line at Yeganeh's "Soup Kitchen International", in all kinds of weather just for a taste of his Zagat-rated Lobster Bisque and Jambalaya. In 2004, Yeganeh closed the shop to prepare for the launch of his international franchise and now has 18 locations nationwide-seven of which are located in New York City.

Along side his new Rangers-inspired soup, the Rockefeller Center shop will continue to showcase Yeganeh's 50 varieties of soup as the "centerpiece of the meal", each presented with a piece of fresh, crusty baguette, fresh fruit and a piece of imported chocolate -just like Al served it at his original shop. As Yeganeh explains it, this is simply "the way to eat".

About The Original SoupMan

Beginning in 1984, legendary soup man, Al Yeganeh, set the standard for mouth watering, world-renowned soups at his New York City location, Soup Kitchen International. Now with the new retail line of premium, gourmet, "heat-n-serve" soups, and The Original SoupMan stores, Al and his team will give the whole world the opportunity to experience soup as it was meant to be. For a complete press kit and more information, visit http://www.ORIGINALSOUPMAN.com or call (877)-SOUPMAN.
  • Options
    for no other reason then to not have Carolina up above me again tonight ! :rolleyes:

will we ever see kaspar again ? :confused:

oh snap- time for survivor

peace
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    tonight I found this bit on http://www.BlueshirtBulletin.com

:(

November 17, 2006
    ortmeyertc.jpg
    Ortmeyer's Medical Treatment to Continue
    Jed Ortmeyer's course of blood thinners will continue longer than expected, setting back the winger's return to action following a pulmonary embolism, according to a footnote to Sam Weinman's article in the Journal News today. The main body of the article discusses the drop-off in offense past the first line and Brendan Shanahan, echoing Sam's most recent posting at Rangers Review. John Dellapina analyzes the power play in the Daily News and the defense in his Blueshirts Blog. Steve Zipay reports on the weather in Raleigh, which puts him in mind of Dante's Inferno, in his Blue Notes blog, and provides a weather forecast for the Rangers in his regular space in Newsday. The Post sent a second stringer up to practice to write about Jaromir Jagr's impending 600th NHL goal.

The Wolf Pack's growing pains are the subject of Bruce Berlet's analysis in the Hartford Courant. Pack forward Ryan Callahan is the subject of an article at NYR.com. They also have their daily prospect update. Jakub Petruzalek is back in Charlotte after a two-week call-up to Hartford. And Jess Rubenstein checks in with Prospect Park:

Marc-Andre Cliche and Lewiston hosted Ryan Hillier and his Halifax Mooseheads last night with Cliche and his MAINEaics coming out on top 3-1. Neither prospect scored in this match-up. Bobby Sanguinetti had a goal along with an assist but his Owen Sound Attack dropped a 5-4 decision to Barrie. Dalyn Flatt returned to the lineup but did not score. Trevor Koverko did not score in Oshawa's wild 6-5 loss to Peterborough. Tom Pyatt and Tomas Zaborsky did not score as Saginaw edged Erie 4-3. Speaking of Pyatt, we got confirmation that he will be a guest on Blueshirt Bulletin's next Rangers Four on Four on December 4th.

In other Ranger reading -- Glenn Anderson's elusive quest for the Hall of Fame, the oldest living Hall of Famer and oldest living Ranger Clint Smith, and former Czech president Vaclav Havel's visit to New York in which he snubbed the Devils' Patrick Elias.

Posted by Dubi on November 17, 2006 at 12:13 PM
    God Bless Jed and wish him all; the best in his speedy recovery. Isnt it terrible that this excellent player may never lace up his skates again . A recurring PE is not a good thing for a hockeyplayer to have, especially a HIGH ENERGY player . :eek: :( :( :( such a young man ,...

i have an old Ranger jersey signed by both Clint Smith and Emile Francis :eek: now that dude is old !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2426

NEW HONOR FOR THE BLUESHIRTS: THEIR OWN SOUP

Jed Ortmeyer, left, and Rod Gilbert accept a $1,500 donation on behalf of the Garden of Dreams Foundation from Keith Lyon, president and COO of "The Original SoupMan".

11/17/2006

On Thursday, the Blueshirts were honored by New York's "Original SoupMan", Al Yeganeh, who dedicated his latest soup creation to his favorite hockey team.

Yeganeh, world-famous as the inspiration for the main character in the Seinfeld "Soup Episode", chose the perfect day to unveil the new "Ranger Muscle Soup." That's because Thursday also happened to be the 80th anniversary of the first Rangers game at Madison Square Garden.

"Ranger Muscle Soup" made its official debut at The Original SoupMan’s Rockefeller Center location on West 48th St. Yeganeh was unable to attend the event, but Rangers great Rod Gilbert and current team member Jed Ortmeyer joined several "The Original SoupMan" representatives to welcome the new soup.

"Al's a fan of all New York sports, especially hockey," said Yeganeh's public relations representative John Rarrick. "He has an affinity for the city and wanted to give back to both communities."

Prior to dishing out the new soup, Keith Lyon, President and COO of The Original SoupMan, presented a check for $1,500 to the Garden of Dreams foundation. Affiliated with the Rangers and all areas of Madison Square Garden, the "Garden of Dreams" program is committed to helping children in crisis throughout theTri-State area.

The event was a fun-filled gathering for the Rangers representatives and New Yorkers who turned out for the event.

As he served the Ranger Muscle Soup to a group of fans, Ortmeyer was approached by a man who said he was a Boston Bruins fan. Upon hearing this, Ortmeyer screamed the infamous Seinfeld line "No soup for you!" before signing an autograph.

At the end of the event, Ortmeyer turned to the Rangers fans and said that at the end of this season he had plans to "eat this soup out of the Stanley Cup!"
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, I can't make a game on Sunday (November 26th) against Buffalo, I have 2 seats where my season tickets are...I have them on ebay but no one has bid on them yet so I don't know if they will sell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-New-York-Rangers-Vs-Buffalo-Sabres-11-26-06_W0QQitemZ190052238564QQihZ009QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's the URL if anyone is interested

Let me know if your interested on here if they don't sell or even while they are on ebay

I was supposed to go that fuckin Devils game but work got in the way...GRRRRRR....well I made some cash on that game though, haha

Since I can't hit the Buffalo game, the next game I hit is December 3rd against the Isles at MSG, Sunday night...let me know if you will be there!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    i usually sit near section 335 at the ranger games..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    i usually sit near section 335 at the ranger games..

Yeah my seats are sick in sectoin 344...we have last row so no one sits behind us and we have no one infront of us because if u walk up the stairs theres 2 seats there at the top and those are mine :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    i sit in the press box behind 335 with all the other radio guys..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    had there been a little more notice i would have been glad to take these off your hands. :(

Buffalo is the hottest team in the nhl right now .

i know these seats you speak of- directly up the stairs- i have sat in seats similiar to these before. nice !

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    how ironic would it be if Jaromir gets to score his 600th goal against the very team that he came up with ? :confused:

:eek: :eek:

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    how ironic would it be if Jaromir gets to score his 600th goal against the very team that he came up with ? :confused:

:eek: :eek:

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]

Ha even more ironic that I went to the site to check the score because the TV is downstairs and I went here and saw this post

Is anyone going December 3rd against the Isles?
  • Options

November 19, 2006
    Lobotomy [Prospect Park & Links Added 2:45 PM]

The only person missing last night when the Rangers traveled to Pittsburgh to face the Penguins was Dorothy Gale. The Tin Man was there, as evidenced by the Rangers playing without an ounce of heart. The Cowardly Lion was there, with only a handful of Rangers having the courage to step up and play (Lundqvist, Shanahan, Hollweg, and Tyutin are the only ones who come readily to mind). And looming larger than them all was the Scarecrow -- was there ever a performance more brainless than this one?

A season-high eleven power plays allowed, with only one, maybe two of the calls arguable, the rest for the most part downright idiotic, including two delay of games over the glass and one bench minor. The penalties were especially dumb considering the circumstances -- nearly half of them, five, occurred while power plays were already in force. Two negated Ranger power plays, not that they were doing anything worthwhile with the man advantage. And three handed the Penguins five on three advantages, the only ones they could convert, having come into the game without a goal in their last twenty chances.

That was hardly the extent of the Rangers' brain dead play. They let a team coming into the second of back to back games in different cities with a 1-4-2 record and dismal special teams get the better of the play in general, and the better of special teams play in specific. Twice, players iced the puck from just inside the red line because they forgot to take one extra stride before dumping it deep. On a night when Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin were nothing special, the Rangers' coterie of resident superstars were special only in the sense of the term "special education." They put puck after puck into high traffic areas, never forced to do so by the opposition, only by their own stubbornness.

There was one notable exception to the putrid play, and that was the heroic defense on the Penguins' only even strength goal. Sandis Ozolinsh made an exceptional decision to bat a loose puck right back to Colby Armstrong so he could pass to Crosby for a two on two -- Ozolinsh could hardly be blamed for Crosby continuing to skate after Armstrong flubbed the puck, blowing by for a two on one. And then Karel Rachunek, defending the two on one, made an equally exceptional play, sacrificing his body in going down to try to block Crosby's pass to Mark Recchi. Faced with the job of taking the pass away, and with Crosby already having no shooting angle, Rachunek went down to stop the pass. Hardly his fault that the pass got through and that Lundqvist, that deadbeat in net, couldn't stop Recchi's quick point blank redirection.

The hallmarks of the new Rangers were supposed to be hard work, attention to detail, and accountability, three things that were sorely lacking during the course of seven years of futility. After a 1-3-0 slide in which the Rangers have managed only three goals in 238 1/2 of the 240 minutes played, with the penalties mounting at a rate that outstrips even the number of times the opposition hits the goal post, it's time for accountability -- serious accountability, not just Darius Kasparaitis getting a chance ahead of any of a number of underachieving defensemen.There is no better time to send a message than now -- and if that message is not sent, the message will be that this kind of effort is acceptable, any words to the contrary ringing hollow.

Ranger fans have lived through enough of that. We are on the brink of bringing back those bad old days. Who will step up and snatch the team back from the brink and keep them from falling back into the abyss?

Game reports from the News, Newsday, and Post, additional notes from Newsday, as well as from Pittsburgh here and here and a pre-game note about Jagr hearing boos. More from the reporters' blogs -- Blueshirts Blog and Blue Notes. NYR.com doesn't have a recap of last night, just a preview of tonight back at the Garden. Sunday columns: Sherry Ross of the News on Herb Brooks; Steve Zipay of Newsday on new uniforms; and Larry Brooks of the Post, refreshingly refusing to name Mark Messier's promotional product, and wondering whether you'd want to trade Jessiman and Korpikoski for Parise and Zajac -- Brooks is drawing a direct comparison between the players the Rangers drafted vs. the ones they left on the table for the Devils, but we'd like to add that the Rangers actually traded up to get Korpikoski, using the second round draft pick they got for not signing R.J. Umberger, so the ledger is even worse than all that.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Tomas Pock, playing offense ?

Switching tonight from D-man to 4th line forward .........:eek: WOW !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Jagr, number 600. Congrats!
  • Options
    wow, tortorella has just been ejected. anyone ever see that in hockey before?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    3-0 nice goal by shanahan off his own rebound..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    let's skip the pitt game

CONGRATS TO JAGR!!

NICE GAME TONIGHT ,, WAS AT A PARTY SO I HAD TO WATCH RANGER'S IN 60 ( sorry for caps)

the king looked good and shanny !! wow

that double deflection goal was very cool also

as xavier mentioned,,i don't think i ever saw a coach get ejected like that

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
  • Options
    nice game and all

but why the fluck is Ozolish still playing ? :confused:

the only thing i can think of is that Jagr likes him , stands up for him so much , & that they play him ( Ozol ) just to make Jagr happy.

if thats the case, that sucks .
    platessmall.jpg