Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2360

PLAYERS, FANS RECALL FAVORITE GARDEN MOMENTS
    10/24/2006

Oct. 31 will mark the premiere of what promises to be one of the landmark programs in MSG Network's 37-year history -- "The 50 Greatest Moments at Madison Square Garden." This new, weekly show will highlight the most spectacular events that have taken place at the The Garden, including many involving the New York Rangers.

To help kick off the documentary, MSG Network took over Vanderbilt Hall at Grand Central Terminal from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Oct. 23 for its "MSG 50 Highlight Festival." Rangers legend Adam Graves and current team member Jed Ortmeyer were both part of this special event along with former Knicks star John Starks, Liberty great Teresa Weatherspoon, the Harlem Globetrotters, the Knicks City Dancers, and many others who have shared in the Garden's rich history.

Graves, who remains part of the Rangers through his work with prospects and community efforts, was interviewed on the festival's main stage and later signed autographs for hundreds of fans. Since the theme of the day was great moments, he was naturally eager to share his top memories of MSG.

"My top five moments, numbers one through five, are all June 14, 1994," Graves said of the night the Rangers won their first Stanley Cup in 54 years. "That is every moment, right there, that's all of them! But to be honest, certainly that entire day, coming out for warm-ups and the entire Garden being full chanting "We want the Cup," that's one, lining up for the opening draw, that's two, Sinatra singing, 'New York, New York,] that's three right there. The hair on the back of your neck was standing up with the electricity in the building."

While nothing can touch June 14, 1994, for sheer excitement, Graves' Garden memories go beyond the 1994 championship -- encompassing many other Rangers moments.

"There were certainly a lot of other moments that year (1993-94)," Graves said. "The All-Star Game was played in the Garden that year, and being a part of that. And all the milestones I was fortunate to be a part of, like (Mark) Messier's 500th goal, Mike Gartner's 600th goal. There's a lot of moments and different accomplishments from different guys. Skating alongside Messier, (Mike) Richter, and (Brian) Leetch was a special opportunity and a privilege."

As a Rangers player from 1991 to 2000, Graves said he attended many other events at MSG.

"Madison Square Garden has a special place in my heart, and my family's heart," Graves said. "There are a lot of great memories there. It's a home away from home. It's the people that make it what it is it's the people, that's what's special. It's those bonds that I have been so fortunate enough to make over the years. That's what special to me at The Garden. It's those familiar faces and people that are a huge part of the history of that building and everything that New York represents."

Ortmeyer, who joined the Rangers three years ago, hasn't played at The Garden as long as Graves did, but he already has many memories to cherish.

"The highlight would have to be my first game, my first true experience of The Garden," he said. "I got to play on a line with Messier for about two or three months, so that was very memorable, of course. Messier Night was really nice and special too, and I was fortunate enough to be there when they retired Richter's number, too, so it was a pretty special night and one that I will always remember."

Monday's day-long event at Grand Central featured various interactive games and activities, ranging from a slapshot hockey booth (where Ortmeyer went head-to-head with fans) to lifelike wax figures of Elton John and Marilyn Monroe, on loan from Madame Tussauds New York. Another focal point was a live broadcast by 1050 ESPN Radio's Steven A. Smith.

Few people have been around The Garden as long as MSG's official photographer, George Kalinsky, who was there when the current building opened in 1968. Over the past 40 years, Kalinsky's subjects have included Pope John Paul II, Muhammad Ali and Bill Clinton. Nevertheless, Kalinsky said many of his best memories revolve around the Blueshirts.

“One of the great moments, whether it's the Rangers or Madison Square Garden in general, was when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994," said Kalinsky. "For me to be there and witness the celebration, especially the charisma of Mark Messier holding up the Cup, was an absolute privilege. Seeing them raise the cup was certainly another one of the greatest moments of Stanley Cup history.

"I also enjoyed 1979, when John Davidson almost single-handedly beat the Islanders and brought them to the Finals against the Montreal Canadiens. Watching the Rangers bench jump off the bench after beating the Islanders -- with Nick Fotiu jumping in street clothes -- was also part of what made that a great moment. You put all these moments together and its such a great privilege to be part of such a tradition."

Then, of course, there are always the fans. Thousands of them came through the highlight festival on Monday, and they were all eager to share their fondest hockey memories from MSG.

Several of these moments will be part of the new MSG Network program, which will air Tuesdays at 9 p.m., beginning next week. Much of the footage included in the documentary has never been aired before. For more information on this milestone television event, visit the "MSG 50" official web site at http://www.msg50.com.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    our music pretty much sucks!!!

Before Warm-ups
    Today - Smashing Pumpkins
    Game of Love - Santana/Michelle Branch
    Perfect - Simple Plan
    This Love - Maroon 5
    The Reason - Hoobastank
    Barely Listening - Pilot Speed
    Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    My Woman - White Town

Warm-ups
    Animals - Nickelback
    Alive - POD
    Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy
    Somebody Told Me - The Killers
    Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
    Running With the Devil - Van Halen
    Who Says you cant Go Home - Bon Jovi

Post Warm-ups
    Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
    Some Citites - Doves
    Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
    Wake Up - Arcade Fire
    C' mon C' mon - Von Bondies
    Superhero - Jane's Addiction

First Period
    Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfold
    Decks and Drums and Rock and Roll - Propellerheads
    Float On - Modest Mouse
    Unsung - Helmet
    Heavy - Collective Soul
    Heroes - DJ Tiesto
    Satisfaction - Benny Benassi

First Intermission
    How to Save a Life - The Fray
    When You Were Young - The Killers
    Steady as She Goes - Raconteurs
    20th Century Boy - Def Leppard

Second Period
    Little Less Sixteen Candles - Fall Out Boy
    Home - DJ Tiesto
    Faithless
    Desire - U2
    I See you Baby - Groove Armada
    Everytime We Touch - Cascada

Second Intermission
    I Get Around - Beach Boys
    Saving Grace - Tom Petty
    Sexlines - Drive By Argument

Third Period
    I'm Not OK - My chemical Romance
    Fat Lip - Sum 41
    Banquet - Bloc Party
    Block Rockin Beats - Chemical Bros
    Galvanize - Chemical Bros
    Miss Murder - AFI
    ROCK inthe USA - John Mellancamp
    Body Rock - Moby
    Body Movin - Beastie Boys

Postgame
    New York Hustle
    New York New York - Ryan Adams
    New York State of Mind - Tony Bennett
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

this initself is blasphemy.

how the fuck do they snuff Francis Albert for Ryan Adams :confused:

with all due respect to Ryan Adams - but c'mon , its frank . :mad:

and they need the let kasparaitis handle more of the music- aside from sweet caroline in the post game locker-room, he loves pearl jam . Just let him throw on Vs, let it play thru , and carry on !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    October 25, 2006 -- IF TOM Renney has said it once this season, he's said it nearly100 times, which is a good number of times considering that the Rangers have played only eight games going into tonight's match at the Garden against the Panthers.

But the coach said it again about his team following yesterday's practice; said how, "these people care; they have great intentions."

Enough already with citing great intentions as if that's a quality to be commended. Isn't that understood? The 1999-2000 Rangers had great intentions, too, as did every one of the seven teams that missed the playoffs from 1998-2004. If the Rangers don't have good intentions, if the Rangers don't care, then last season's breakthrough team really didn't make any breakthrough at all.

But even as Renney was talking about the good intentions, even as he was expressing confidence in the composition of his team and in the additions that were made in the offseason, the coach noted that the club's stutter-step of a start might, in part, be due to the absence of, "people who are not here.

"We miss the galvanizing presence who brings people together," he said. "Expectations were so low [last year] that we had different people help circle the wagons. We're searching internally for that."

If the Blueshirts are searching for a galvanizing force, perhaps they'll even find it before Jaromir Jagr gets carted off the ice for good. Really, it is impossible to understand why his teammates have failed to respond to the physical pounding to which No. 68 has been subjected out of the gate, and why the coaching staff has tolerated the turn-the-other-cheek mentality.

Can it be that of all the changes from last year to this year, the mistake was not re-signing seventh defenseman Jason Strudwick?

The worst feature of Saturday's game was neither the middle-of-the-ice turnovers nor being outshot 18-4 by the Maple Leafs in the final 25 minutes of the eventual 5-4 shootout victory. It was the way-good intentions, aside, of course, the Rangers allowed Darcy Tucker to batter Jagr from pillar to post pretty much from beginning to end without even a hint of anger, let alone retaliation.

The Rangers are 2-4 in 60-minute games, 2-0 in shootouts. Only Phoenix has a more inflated GAA than the Blueshirts' 4.00. The difference from last year's Blue October to this year's blue month is in the defense, it's in poor decision-making with the puck in the offensive zone, and it's also most dramatically in the decline in effectiveness from Henrik Lundqvist, who is surrendering at least one bad goal a game and who is not handling the puck with anywhere near the precision he did last year.

The Rangers may have derived some of their 2005-06 identity from the work of the energy line formed by Dominic Moore, Jed Ortmeyer and Ryan Hollweg. But the Rangers last year were carried by Lundqvist and Jagr. Neither has been able to provide the same galvanizing performance thus far.

Which goes a long, long, long way in explaining why Jagr, when asked yesterday if he had the same confidence in his team as he did last season, responded, "Not the way we're playing right now.

"It's all about confidence and it has a lot to do with the goals-against. Last year, if we scored three goals, we were pretty confident we would win, but the way we're playing this year, we might need six."

larry.brooks@nypost.com
  • Options
    Prucha needs to get loose. !

He has looked completely in awe of Shanny out there , not shooting the puck !

- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ -
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    our music pretty much sucks!!!

Before Warm-ups
    Today - Smashing Pumpkins
    Game of Love - Santana/Michelle Branch
    Perfect - Simple Plan
    This Love - Maroon 5
    The Reason - Hoobastank
    Barely Listening - Pilot Speed
    Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    My Woman - White Town

Warm-ups
    Animals - Nickelback
    Alive - POD
    Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy
    Somebody Told Me - The Killers
    Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
    Running With the Devil - Van Halen
    Who Says you cant Go Home - Bon Jovi

Post Warm-ups
    Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
    Some Citites - Doves
    Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
    Wake Up - Arcade Fire
    C' mon C' mon - Von Bondies
    Superhero - Jane's Addiction

First Period
    Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfold
    Decks and Drums and Rock and Roll - Propellerheads
    Float On - Modest Mouse
    Unsung - Helmet
    Heavy - Collective Soul
    Heroes - DJ Tiesto
    Satisfaction - Benny Benassi

First Intermission
    How to Save a Life - The Fray
    When You Were Young - The Killers
    Steady as She Goes - Raconteurs
    20th Century Boy - Def Leppard

Second Period
    Little Less Sixteen Candles - Fall Out Boy
    Home - DJ Tiesto
    Faithless
    Desire - U2
    I See you Baby - Groove Armada
    Everytime We Touch - Cascada

Second Intermission
    I Get Around - Beach Boys
    Saving Grace - Tom Petty
    Sexlines - Drive By Argument

Third Period
    I'm Not OK - My chemical Romance
    Fat Lip - Sum 41
    Banquet - Bloc Party
    Block Rockin Beats - Chemical Bros
    Galvanize - Chemical Bros
    Miss Murder - AFI
    ROCK inthe USA - John Mellancamp
    Body Rock - Moby
    Body Movin - Beastie Boys

Postgame
    New York Hustle
    New York State of Mind - Tony Bennett

Wow that’s dedication or....I don't no what to call it!! To compile such an extensive list of the music at a game...I'm usually to busy; in the beer line, checking out the hot female fans, heckling the other teams players or some such other activity to pay to much attention to the music. Except of course the music they play when they come out on the ice before the puck drops for me I prefer the hockey classics such as AC/DC Thunderstruck or Metalica Enter Sandman...something along those lines.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Wow that’s dedication or....I don't no what to call it!! To compile such an extensive list of the music at a game...I'm usually to busy; in the beer line, checking out the hot female fans, heckling the other teams players or some such other activity to pay to much attention to the music. Except of course the music they play when they come out on the ice before the puck drops for me I prefer the hockey classics such as AC/DC Thunderstruck or Metalica Enter Sandman...something along those lines.

THANK YOU ,,,but i can't lie ... i pasted it from NYR .COM LOL

every game they list the music
  • Options
    ugh

talk about disappointment.

I know a few seasons ago i was all over Rozsival.

I know I shouldnt let these feelings of negativity creep in,...

but my god

our Defense is horrible. If they keep this up, we'll be lucky to make the post-season. Enough with the blind-sided passes thru the centerice ! Do these guys know about the boards ? ( Probably not since I think i have yet to see a single body check utilizing them this year ....) :rolleyes:

check out these picturs of Malik and Rozsival :
    # 8
    http://www.specialized.net/ecommerce/shop/images/815X282_pli.jpg

# 3
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ugh

talk about disappointment.

I know a few seasons ago i was all over Rozsival.

I know I shouldnt let these feelings of negativity creep in,...

but my god

our Defense is horrible. If they keep this up, we'll be lucky to make the post-season. Enough with the blind-sided passes thru the centerice ! Do these guys know about the boards ? ( Probably not since I think i have yet to see a single body check utilizing them this year ....) :rolleyes:

# 8

# 3

I posted all of this BEFORE seeing todays NY Daily News / NY Post .
    :rolleyes:

DEFENSELESS

that headline says it all,.....

and it turns out Jagrs shoulder is nowhere near 100 % .
    Maybe they need to sit him out a few games , let that shoulder heal ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    # 8
    http://www.specialized.net/ecommerce...15X282_pli.jpg

# 3
    http://www.specialized.net/ecommerce...15X282_pli.jpg

lmfao lol bath too funny malik should sit

i would play pock and sandis to start the west coast

the d is very vey bad
    this is what we expected last year
  • Options
    careful....before u know it, the isles will leap over you losers! we just got eric bouganici (sp?)...watch out!!!!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    careful....before u know it, the isles will leap over you losers! we just got eric bouganici (sp?)...watch out!!!!

half your team are old NYRs. ( Dunham , Poti, Ferraro , Bouchard , Simon, York )

we've got their number, that is 1 team we are not worried about . ( yet )

With Charles Wang running things, you guys have bigger worries then us . :rolleyes:

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    karel rachunek - that ship has sailed, he has to go.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

fuck yea big time
  • Options

word!

send'em

back to the US,
    back, to the US
    back to the US

back to the USSR !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    why did we even bring him back??

we got rid of him once ,, what was better this time?? lol
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    minus-9 and counting..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    thanks to an aquaintance on the Bruce board- thanks SaintN

http://www.HockeyRodent.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    long red wrote:

haha

DiP- 85 million dollars , 15 years and he's 1-4 now ?
    heck, even the old ranger dunham is undefeated- and they keep playing the 15 year man. :confused:

hey at least the isles get fireworks in October :rolleyes:

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/a/SO_102306.asp
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Even tho its only the elbow and will most likely be fine after treatments, One can only imagine what would happen if this guy went down . IMO- Hes been the only decent & consistant guy out there really,..

No practice ? well- if anyone deserved a 1 day/practice pass , its been this guy.

todays post said what X has already mentioned :
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/10272006/sports/rangers/rangers_o_needs_renewal_rangers_larry_brooks.htm
    Shanahan did not skate yesterday after receiving a cortisone injection to help alleviate tendinitis he has been suffering since the second game of the season . . . Karel Rachunek, whose gaffe led to Florida's second goal on Wednesday 36 seconds after Prucha had tied the score at 1-1, has been a minus-player in six straight games and in seven of the nine on the year, even once and plus once. He's minus-nine overall.

funny quote from newsday,referencing " animal house " ....

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-sprang274949654oct27,0,3434428.story?coll=ny-sports-mezz

Shanahan, who will practice today, said the postgame mood wasn't all dour and referenced "Animal House." "We were sitting there," he said. "You looked around and it was like, 'These guys were just thrown out of their fraternity house, and what's the solution? Road trip.' "

Next: Eight days out west, far away from the Garden, searching to restore the spirit in a soulless season.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    with all due respect, Orr has been night -to-night on the roster, and the few times I have seen him this year, it appears his arms arent as long as the opposing " goons " , so 9 times out of 10, they hold each other and the opposing guy sneaks a direct hit or 2 in on him .
    Hollweg is fiesty as hell, but hes actually developing into a playmaking , energy-lifting 3rd or 4th Line forward .
    Yes , he ( Orr ) is strong, and has size, but its evident we need someone else .

Ah, Orr is still 6'2/6'3" and he can get inside on guys or do some jabs and switch hands. Watch his fight vs. Wade Belak when he was with the B's, he can throw um especially against a guy like Ruutu. I hate Ruutu, always taking runs and cheap shots.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    Ah, Orr is still 6'2/6'3" and he can get inside on guys or do some jabs and switch hands. Watch his fight vs. Wade Belak when he was with the B's, he can throw um especially against a guy like Ruutu. I hate Ruutu, always taking runs and cheap shots.

i hope they send someone out to get him , ( if they even face Ruutu this season-what team is he with now ? )
    How can we forget that shot he gave Jaromir in the Olympics :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    :eek: :eek:

7-3 ? :confused:

that sounds like a really bad football game score :D

Cullen , Betts & Hollweg were all stand outs last night ( this morning ) . If only all 82 games could be played against the coyotes.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I already did this- everyone should at least enter :

http://newyorkrangers.com/fanzone/SongSuggest/

I entered: ( in no particular order )

Even Flow
    Given To Fly
    Rearview Mirror
    Faithful
    Alive
    Big Wave
    Not For You
    Severed Hand
    Smile.

I put them all in 1 entry - it wouldnt allow more then a certain ammount of titles to be listed- but i did it anyway.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Cullen , Betts & Hollweg were all stand outs last night ( this morning ) . If only all 82 games could be played against the coyotes.

Lets Go Rangers

Hopefully it'll be the start of a nice run out west that they can build on once the road trip is over. They definitely needed it last night!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Lets Go Rangers

im hungover and cant type but i agree lol

LOTS of good hits last night cullen hit someone
    and PRUCHA o MY GOD LAID OUT!!! BY JOVO
    amazing he gets right back up

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!1
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

hope i can stay awake- otherwise it will be the rewinded Rangers in 60 for me tomm .

Well, our record on the road is pretty decent- lets hope we can keep it up. Should we win, we'll go over 500- so thats a plus .

First appearance at The Staples Center in 3 years ? :confused:

wow !

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    we win tonight we will only have 1 less point than last year at this time

not bad considering
  • Options
    Let's Go Ranger's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    one step forward, 2 steps back,...:rolleyes:

fuckin' defense in so non-existant
    no flow
    ugh

Malik is fucking horrible,
    platessmall.jpg