B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Straight up embarrassing, beyond belief. Not suprised our rangers get to the cup and then fucken disappear! Hey fucktards, u dnt get your name on the cup for second place. Jesus Christ, where's the heart? Where's the passion? Truly embarrassing
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Game of ranger miscues, inept power plays (why I'm the holly hell does AV continue to put Richards on the PP unit!?), and how fitting the first goal of the game goes off Girardi??

Quick has been fantastic though. Made many big stops when his team needed it.
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393
    Textbook.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,706
    Quick has been one of the worst goalies in the playoffs this year. And we made him look great. Lucky he has that offense otherwise the would have been gone in the first round.
    I miss igotid88
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393
    edited June 2014
    The Kings played the first,second, and fourh best offensive teams in the league in the first three rounds. Cut the guy some slack. He won the Cup for us in '12 so it's nice to see this offense from the best defensive team in the league to help him out.
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
    This team is DONE. U could see it on their faces. Completely packed it up and won't even show up on Wednesday cause they dnt want to go back to LA. No heart no passion no nothing. Girardi has been on the ice for the last 6 goals. They keep saying the bounces are going the kings way. Fucken shut up, go MAKE YOUR OWN bounces. Enough excuses, including me. The kings are better no doubt. Better teams bury home open neters. They stay on the ice calm, not flustered. They get the 50/50 pucks and they score ON THE PP. We haven't done any of that. Stop taking dumb penalties in the offensive zone. Play with passion. I was there tonight and I tell u what, the fans were there for them. Down 2 goals and the fans kept up the lets go rangers chant. This team just flat out gave up. Hank, sorry buddy but 3 goals on 15 shots, I dnt give a fuck about deflection, you need to keep your fucken head in the game and always be ready. A fucken goal with .7 seconds left? Wtf. And I can't wait for the day to come when we finally get someone who isn't afraid to get IN FRONT OF THE FUCKEN NET. Jesus Christ I'm so embarrassed and pissed. That's the team we have representing us. A team that has no determination to win.

I'm listening to Keenan talk right now and he needs to go into the locker room and talk to those players.

I would love to be a fly in the room and hear wtf was said inside after this game. Sorry guys for rambling on. Just really upset and can't believe the display of hockey I saw tonight at msg. Truly embarrassing to be a rangers fan.
    badbrains said:

Hank, sorry buddy but 3 goals on 15 shots, I dnt give a fuck about deflection, you need to keep your fucken head in the game and always be ready.

this. i am sick of ranger fans always giving hank the pass during bad losses. he has been average at BEST games 1 - 3. he is the best goalie on the planet playing in the biggest games of his life. not the series we've expected from him after being so damn good and clutch in the first three rounds.
    igotid88 said:

Quick has been one of the worst goalies in the playoffs this year. And we made him look great. Lucky he has that offense otherwise the would have been gone in the first round.

he probably won the game for the kings last night. paddle save on the goal line on zucc, skate save in the splits on kreider (?), and a couple other dandies.
    carcillo back from suspension for game four right? he should be dressed. need a spark... something... anything.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Seriously, these guys are too biig for us.
    They took the lead , and put us on lockdown.
    LA is a really , really good team !
    This game showed the difference in these 2 squads.
    ( SCF experience )
    We had a few chances , & didnt capitalize.
    Bad bounces and deflections, to boot.

Zuccarello really stood out..

Agree about Hank , average at best.

Interesting that MStL wasnt available post game.
    Perhaps the guys over flooded with emotion ( delayed )
    with everything he has gone thru .
    Cant complain too much he is alot of why we got here

Same with the team.
    It might be bitter now , but we are playing hockey in June.
    Hopefully Rangers can do some sort of tweaking in the offseason.
    Its been a good run.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,478
    The Kings' victories in the first two games were a bit unconventional, but IMHO, game 3 proved they are the superior team.
    Looks like after Wednesday. I'll have to put all my focus on the Yankees
    I miss igotid88
    Good to see Lundqvist at the optional skate.
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,215
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Goal lines. The new goal posts?

Nice game by the Rangers. Exact effort we expected to see in game 3. Live to see another day and put the pressure now on the Kings on their ice.
    I wouldn't exactly say nice . We allowed to many shots . Thanks to Lundqvist we're still in this
    I miss igotid88
    some of the postgame quotes are coming in via twitter:

Tonight, we had the bounces." - Lundqvist. He added that against the Kings, you need puck luck.

AV: "I've been in the game a long time to know that sometimes the hockey gods are there. They were there tonight."

AV: Anytime I put Henrik in goal, I know I got a chance to win. You know, he's a great goaltender. He really proved that again tonight."

"Most guys will stand up, I use my hip." - Stralman on his hip check on Doughty.

Girardi: "I've never been so happy to have a long flight and a time change."

He's been real steady managing the puck. He's defended really well. He's really an important player for us." - Vigneault on Stralman.

"We certainly got a good bounce of the first goal that fed us some energy." - Stralman

Anton Stralman on his goal-saving crease clear in the first period: "It's one of those things where you need a little luck."

Luckily I stay deep in the net so there's a lot of snow there." - Lundqvist on snow at goal line

"We didn't want to see the Cup on our ice. The thought of it makes me sick" - :Lundqvist
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    I don't understand why NBC and the NHL don't air all Final games on the main NBC broadcast.
    I miss igotid88
    Where did our speed go? We can't play like this on Friday or it will be over.
    I miss igotid88
    Please Nash go on a 3 game scoring streak.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

I wouldn't exactly say nice . We allowed to many shots . Thanks to Lundqvist we're still in this

yeah i guess i should clarify. i was impressed with the rangers finishing their checks and throwing their bodies around (some hard checks thrown) and getting involved after the whistle. that was something that was lacking drastically in prior games. the team showed up and didn't have a defeated look on their face.

the third period was almost as bad as the third period in game one. rangers got dominated and the only difference between games one and four was lundqvist was able to make the stops and the hockey gods saved our skin not once, but twice.

if the rangers win game 5, things get VERY interesting, very quickly.
    Just arrived in Amsterdam a couple hrs ago and couldn't watch the game. Nice to see we won and maybe things can get a little interesting yes indeed.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Henrik deserved better than this.
    I miss igotid88
    Lundqvist: "I knew going into this series it was going to end in tears: Tears of joy or tears of heartbreak. It’s extremely tough."

McDonagh: "When you come this close to it and you lose the games the way we do, that's the toughest part."

Stepan: "It sucks right now."

Richards: "It's definitely worth every second of these last two months, but right now you're just kind of speechless."

Brassard: "We all feel like we want to go back out there. We had so many chances, and we couldn't put it away.

Alain Vigneault: "We gave our best shot, best effort. Three games here all went to OT. What can I say?"
    Alain Vigneault: "Tried our best. Everybody laid it out there. I'm very proud of our group, very proud of their effort."

"It was a battle of the two best goalies in the world and we just couldn't get that goal for ours." - Brassard

McDonagh "We didn’t do enough to win hockey games and they did. You have to give them credit. They were relentless."

Richards, on whether there is pride despite the Rangers' loss: "There will be. Not tonight. But there will be.

Girardi on wearing jersey in room: "There’s nowhere to go. I just kept it on. I’m hanging on to the last moments here. I’ve got nothing."

Girardi: "We had a heckuva year, but this one's definitely going to leave a sour taste for awhile. Going to be a tough day tomorrow"

Derick Brassard: "We’re not satisfied being the Eastern Conference Champion. We wanted to win the Cup."

Neil Smith ‏@nycneil
    Congrats Henrik Lunqvist for without your incredible play for the Rangers, appearing in the NHL Final would still only be a fantasy in NYC
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Girardi on wearing jersey in room: "There’s nowhere to go. I just kept it on. I’m hanging on to the last moments here. I’ve got nothing."
    He cost us like 2 games.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

He cost us like 2 games.

Prob cost us the series no doubt. He was on the ice for like EVERY goal against and was usually the prime assist on their goal.
    so deflated.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    you guys had a great run. sucks losing in the Finals but I'm guessing you all had some great moments that you will remember for a long time. Henrik was great and probably deserved better.