B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Let's come out blazing boys! Enough of Montreal, let's send them home for the season and continue on to LA! Like rival said, I can't picture us winning a game 7 in Montreal, but hey, with hanks game 7 record, you never know. Let's not wait and see, put them away tonight!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

..........and whats with throwing bottles and garbage down on the ice ?

is this how they celebrate now up North ?

Don't make that into a Canadien/Canadian thing because you know better.

I also remember Vancouver setting the city afire after THEY WON.
    I guess celebrating is different all over the place.
    Either way , not cool throwing shit on the ice at players, anywhere.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    YES
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,706
    Wooohoooo. 4 more
    I miss igotid88
    This save.... Right here....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YJDLPLpWZo
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I'm a Red Wings fan, but I wish I could marry Henrik Lundqvist. Such a dreamboat.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    rival. said:

This save.... Right here....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YJDLPLpWZo

sick !
    Henrik doing a cartwheel in the crease

On to the cup !
    platessmall.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Wow
    Knew the shutout would come at the right time
    I miss igotid88
    New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 54s

"I don't know that I've ever been more determined to win a game"- @HLundqvist30, who set #NYR record for most career playoff wins with 42
    I miss igotid88
    Henrik Lundqvist @HLundqvist30 · 41m

It took me 9 years, finally made it.. My first Stanley Cup final!! So proud of this group of guys! 4 to go.. #BecauseItsTheCup #NYR
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,215
    - The Rangers defeated the Montreal Canadiens, 1-0, in tonight in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers won the best-of-seven series, four games to two, and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1993-94.

- The Blueshirts have posted a 12-8 record in the playoffs this year, including a 6-4 record at home.

- New York has advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals for the 11th time in franchise history. The Rangers have won a home game to clinch a berth in the Finals for each of their last four Stanley Cup Finals appearances (won Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2014; won Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals vs. New Jersey in 1994; won Game 6 of the Semifinals in 1979 vs. NY Islanders; won Game 4 of the Semifinals in 1972 vs. Chicago).

- Four of the last six Rangers teams that have reached the Stanley Cup Finals, including each of the last three Blueshirts squads, have had a head coach in his first year with the team (2013-14 – Alain Vigneault; 1993-94 – Mike Keenan; 1978-79 – Fred Shero; 1939-40 – Frank Boucher). Lynn Patrick also guided the Rangers to the Stanley Cup Finals in his first full season as the team’s head coach in 1949-50, after beginning his tenure as the head coach of the Blueshirts midway through the 1948-49 season.

- The Blueshirts won a playoff game by a 1-0 score for the 13th time in franchise history, and the seventh time at home. It is the third time the Rangers have posted a shutout to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals (1937 at Montreal Maroons, 1950 at Montreal Canadiens), and the first time they have done so at home.

- The Rangers have posted a 10-0 record when leading after two periods in the playoffs this year. Including the regular season, the Blueshirts have won 38 out of 41 games this year when holding a lead after 40 minutes.

- New York has allowed two goals or fewer in 14 out of 20 contests in the playoffs this year, and one goal or fewer in eight playoff games. The Rangers rank second in the NHL in goals against per game in the playoffs (2.25).

- The Rangers held the Canadiens to 18 shots on goal in the game. New York has allowed less than 30 shots on goal in nine of 10 playoff home games this year, and they have limited their opponents to 20 shots on goal or less in three home playoff games this year.

- The Blueshirts were 2-for-2 (4:00) on the penalty kill in the contest. New York is 42-for-45 (93.3%) on the penalty kill in its last 14 games, 34-for-36 (94.4%) in its last 11 games, and finished the series 21-for-23 (91.3%)

Player Notes

- Henrik Lundqvist made 18 saves to record his 42nd career playoff victory and ninth career playoff shutout. The Rangers goaltender has posted a 12-7 record in the playoffs this year, including a 6-4 mark at home. Lundqvist passed Mike Richter for first on the Rangers’ all-time playoff wins list, and tied Richter for first on the team’s all-time playoff shutout list. Lundqvist has allowed two goals or fewer in 15 of 20 playoff games this year. The Rangers’ all-time wins leader in both regular season and playoff action leads the NHL in wins (12), is tied for first in SV% (.928), and ranks second in GAA (2.03) in the playoffs.

- Dominic Moore tallied the lone goal of the contest, posted a plus-one rating, and won seven of 10 faceoffs (70%) in 13:53 of ice time. Moore’s tally was his third career game-winning goal in the playoffs, and his second this season (he also registered the game-winning goal in Game 5 of the Metropolitan Division Semifinals vs. Philadelphia on Apr. 27) The Rangers forward has won 42 of 58 faceoffs he has taken over the last four games (72.4%), and leads the team in faceoff win percentage in the playoffs this year (57.0%; 134-for-235). Moore is tied for the team lead, and is tied for fourth in the NHL, in game-winning goals (two) in the playoffs.

- Ryan McDonagh registered an assist, posted a plus-one rating, and recorded two shots on goal in a team-high, 25:27 of ice time. The Rangers defenseman has posted a three-game assist/point streak (four assists over the span), and tallied a point in five of six contests in the series (two goals, eight assists). McDonagh led all skaters in assists and points (10) in the Eastern Conference Finals. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, McDonagh is the first Rangers defenseman to record eight assists in a playoff series in franchise history, and is only the second defenseman to tally at least 10 points in a playoff series in franchise history (Brian Leetch – 11 points in the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals against Vancouver). McDonagh leads the team in assists (10) and average ice time (25:11), and is tied for the team lead in points (13) in the playoffs. He is the first Blueshirts defenseman to record at least 10 assists and 13 points in one playoff year since Leetch in the 1994 playoffs.

- Brian Boyle tallied an assist, posted a plus-one rating, recorded two shots on goal, and was credited with two hits in 13:25 of ice time. The Rangers forward has tallied two assists in his last three contests. Boyle ranks second on the team – and is tied for eighth in the NHL – in hits (53) in the playoffs.

- Dan Girardi posted a plus-one rating, was credited with two hits, and blocked one shot in 23:07 of ice time. The Rangers defenseman led all skaters with a plus-four rating in the Eastern Conference Finals. Girardi leads the team in hits (63) and blocked shots (50) in the playoffs. The Rangers defenseman is tied for first in the NHL in blocked shots and ranks fourth in the league in hits in the playoffs. Girardi skated in his 84th career playoff contest, tying Ron Greschner for third on the team’s all-time playoff games played list.

- Mats Zuccarello tied for the game-high with five shots on goal, was credited with two hits, and blocked two shots in 18:09 of ice time. The Rangers forward ranks fifth on the team in hits (39) and is tied for fifth on the team – and ranks second among Rangers forwards – in blocked shots (25) in the playoffs.

Quotebook

Dominic Moore on his goal…

“We got the puck in. We protected it well for a while there and used each other down low and cycled it well. When (Brian) Boyle got it behind the net, I tried to let him know I was there and he made a great play.”

Martin St. Louis on making it to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. . .

“It means a lot. Obviously, it’s been a tough year for me. This makes it pretty cool. Being somewhere for 13, 14 years and changing teams and to get a chance to play in the Stanley Cup Finals with these teammates of mine, who have been nothing but great through my tough time in the past few weeks, it makes it even more special. I am proud to be a Ranger and do it alongside these great teammates.”

Ryan McDonagh on the defense…

“We didn’t put forth a great defensive effort the game before. It’s tough to win when you give them a lot of looks like that. We wanted to just focus on being strong in our own end, keeping them to the outside, we knew we would get our chances and get some looks. But we focused more on defending here tonight. Everybody did a great job coming back, blocking some shots, and doing the little things to get out of our zone.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Congrats to the Rangers, best of luck in the finals.

That said, I'll be going for the western team ;)
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    So that happened....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I'm still numb and in shock. Would love to see kings/rangers final cuz I grew up in so cal. That being said, LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!
    edited May 2014
    Rygar said:

or, you coud root for NYR to win,
    so at least you can say at least your team was eliminated by the champions ?

Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
    edited May 2014
    May 29th 2013 = John Tortorella fired.

May 29th 2014 = NYR advance to Stanley Cup Finals
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
    I would like to personally thank the Boston Bruins
    for wearing down Montreal to the point
    where PK Subban was gasping for air on the bench.
    Without them this wouldnt be possible.
    platessmall.jpg

I agree that they sure didn't appear to have a lot left after round 2, but that shouldn't take away from what the Rangers did - weathered the pressure when we had some, and dominated when we didn't. Lunkhead played great.
    Rygar said:

I agree that they sure didn't appear to have a lot left after round 2, but that shouldn't take away from what the Rangers did - weathered the pressure when we had some, and dominated when we didn't. Lunkhead played great.
    Rygar- is PK a free agent this year ?
    The guy is a horse !
    platessmall.jpg
    He is a free agent, and will be cashing in to be sure. I don't see him signing outside of Mtl but you never know who's truckload of money will be biggest :P
    8 mil/yr I am betting.

I cringed every time he tried to carry the puck this series though!
    Rygar said:

He is a free agent, and will be cashing in to be sure. I don't see him signing outside of Mtl but you never know who's truckload of money will be biggest :P
    8 mil/yr I am betting.

i never thought about his stick handling much
    i was in constant fear of his blastshot from far out.
    platessmall.jpg
  • cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    Sit back & wait on LA & Chicago series........anyone else rooting for a 7th game & more OT [-O<
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
    i want to face the blackhawks for the following reasons:

1) it gives me a chance to sit in the rafters of the united center in my ranger gear for $1,000 :))
    2) crawford is back to being an average goalie

Rygar said:

8 mil/yr I am betting.

i never thought about his stick handling much
    i was in constant fear of his blastshot from far out.
    He's got a nice shot. He is usually good carrying the puck too but this series he looked exhausted and clumsy every time he tried to do it.
    Rygar said:

you're a good egg rygar, now root for the blueshirts!!!
    anyone watching kings-hawks?
    nice we get to sit back and wait for a change
    platessmall.jpg
    Who's taking their picture with the trophy at the hockey house this weekend?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Who's taking their picture with the trophy at the hockey house this weekend?

Wish I was back out East for this!!

I loved how my dad called me today at like 9:30am saying he was on his way to Modells and if I wanted any Eastern Conference Champ merch to let him know and he would mail it to me :))