B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i hope the ONE take away the rangers have from last night is MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR OPPORTUNITIES AND BURY THE GOD DAMN PUCK! they could have easily put up four goals in that first period but wasted several A+ chances.

they honestly could have put that game away so early on. with a dangerous team like the kings, if you have the chance to put them away that early, you have to.

onto a must win game 2 now... ugh.
    i liked the way nash was skating last night. he is due for a big, big game.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    rival. said:

they honestly could have put that game away so early on. with a dangerous team like the kings, if you have the chance to put them away that early, you have to.

Yep...Blackhawks made this same mistake twice against the Kings and we obviously know how that worked out. Kings are tough.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    That move by Doughty was sick. ( Thru his legs )
    He literally left Dorsett in the dust.

Oh well, cant expect to win going a period without barely any shots on goal
    and stopping that speed game.
    LAs size is going to break us down.

Not time to panic just yet.

Back in 94, the Rangers also lost game 1----3 to 2 -- in OT.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    platessmall.jpg

Back in 94, the Rangers also lost game 1----3 to 2 -- in OT.

brian leetch hits the crossbar, the canucks take the puck, 2 on 1 the other way and roof it on richter. that series would have been a four game sweep if not for that goalpost ;)
    This is some unprecedented bullshit.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rival. said:

This is some unprecedented bullshit.

What the fuck is the ref watching, what's he looking at during that goalie interference no call. What's he looking at when the play is going on cuz he was rite there and made no call.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,706
    This game should be over with the Rangers winning 4-3. The way things are going. it's looking like we'll get swept.
    I miss igotid88
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    dankind said:

I don't want to talk about it.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited June 2014
    Kings win in OT, that non call decided the outcome of this series. I should just turn my TV off now....
    Can we all agree that Richards needs to be bought out ASAP! The guys just terrible, clueless out there.
    badbrains said:

Can we all agree that Richards needs to be bought out ASAP! The guys just terrible, clueless out there.

And then he'll score 13 goals on the playoffs for his new team
    I miss igotid88
    Richards, the new "Steve McKenna" of the rangers. ALWAYS on the ice laying down. Wtf old man.
    badbrains said:

Richards, the new "Steve McKenna" of the rangers. ALWAYS on the ice laying down. Wtf old man.

Wow, what am I Nostradamus? Look at the replay, Richards, laying on the ice and girardi watching the puck go rite by him. Unreal. U can see it all happening.
    Fucking joke. Another missed call leads to a Kings goal.

Fuck these refs.
    At least win one game please
    I miss igotid88
    It took them 2 overtime games to beat us. And in game 1 we didn't play the full 60. And game 2 we got screwed by the refs.
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    As an absolutely casual fan, I feel like the rangers played their fucking balls off the past two game and just got beat. Chances both ways, kings ended up on the happy end
    igotid88 said:

It took them 2 overtime games to beat us. And in game 1 we didn't play the full 60. And game 2 we got screwed by the refs.

The Rangers do have a lot of positives to take with them back to NY. Gut check time and they must believe they can take two straight at the Garden. They need to get it done, MSG will be rocking and they have to rally behind that and put the previous two games behind them.

Me... I still need another 24 hours to shake game 2.
  • Aside from the outcome, I seriously don't think anything is better than playoff hockey. Christ it is fun to watch.
    edited June 2014
    Interesting factoid that I read today....kings are 11-0 since dec 2011 when ohallern is officiating a game at home. Chicago was 0-5 and missed the 2 offside goals that were scored against them in the last round and the high stick goal that was not called back.

Sorry, meant McCauley
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393
    What high stick goal? Carter's? You must have had more conclusive video than Toronto.

What high stick goal? Carter's? You must have had more conclusive video than Toronto.

Most people watching have more conclusive videos then Toronto. You're giving Toronto credit on actually getting something right? Wow

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393
    Point taken. I still don't think it was a high stick though. The fact is that the first two games have been coin flips. Each team has had the game winners on their tape late in the games and each team has failed to bury it. The one thing that the Kings can't deal with is speed. Whether it's Minnesota, Chicago, San Jose, or that bag of dicks that plays down the freeway from us, they can't deal with speed. It's hard to hit what you can't catch. Too bad for the Rangers that they don't have the hands to go with their feet and goaltending. By the way, have the Rangers had a major free agent signing besides Messier that worked out for them?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers. Whatever about the non call on the interference, if the Rangers don't stop turning it over in their own zone they won't win another game. Most of those goals came off bad turnovers, never should have happened. I'm gutted.
    eddiec said:

Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers. Whatever about the non call on the interference, if the Rangers don't stop turning it over in their own zone they won't win another game. Most of those goals came off bad turnovers, never should have happened. I'm gutted.

agreed. the rangers are a damn good hockey team and have worked their balls off to get this far. but they have not had to be 100% perfect with their game in previous series as they must be in order to beat this kings team.

and a credit to the kings... talk about cashing in on opportunities when they are handed to you. i wish the rangers could convert that easily on turnovers and missteps.

so in 9 periods we have been behind 0 minutes 0 seconds,
    but yet we are 0-2.
    irony
    platessmall.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    As a Bruins fan it's nice to see another ORIGINAL 6 trying to win the Cup. Good luck the Kings are tough.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I don't like this. Quick has 1 or 2 games where he plays well. We couldn't take advantage when he was bad.
    I miss igotid88