B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the ole 10:30 pm start time

this sucks on a weeknight :evil:

hopefully we can catch the kings on the 1st game back from a long roadtrip and they are sleeping for awhile type of game :lol:

thats a run-on sentence :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Jokinen Trade Quotes

Rangers acquire Jokinen from Flames

CALGARY, Alberta (AP)—The New York Rangers acquired forwards Olli Jokinen(notes) and Brandon Prust(notes) from the Calgary Flames for forwards Christopher Higgins(notes) and Ales Kotalik(notes) late Monday night.

The trade was announced by both teams shortly after the Flames were beaten 3-0 by the visiting Philadelphia Flyers.

“You’ve got to play hard every time you go on the ice, no matter what kind of distractions you have going on,” Jokinen said. “You play for that sweater— the logo on the front of you—so long as they haven’t told you you’re not part of the team.”

Jokinen, who along with Prust was in the Calgary lineup against Philadelphia, has 11 goals and 24 assists in 56 games this season.

“Definitely, it’s a slap in the face to get traded,” Jokinen said as he left Pengrowth Saddledome. “It was a long day. We heard everything (Sunday) night, I was kind of surprised. I wasn’t expecting to get moved, but it’s part of the business and I’ve got to move on.”

Prust posted one goal and four assists in 43 games with the Flames. He is second in the NHL with 18 fighting majors.

The move helps the Rangers unload two players who failed to live up to expectations in their first season with New York.

It was the second big trade completed by the Flames in two days. Calgary sent star defenseman Dion Phaneuf(notes), forward Fredrik Sjostrom(notes) and minor league defenseman Keith Aulie(notes) to the Toronto Maple Leafs for defenseman Ian White(notes) and forwards Matt Stajan(notes), Niklas Hagman(notes) and Jamal Mayers(notes) on Sunday.

The 31-year-old Jokinen, a Finnish Olympian, was acquired by Calgary from the Phoenix Coyotes at last year’s trade deadline. He is now a likely candidate to center New York’s top line that features leading scorer Marian Gaborik(notes).

The trade became a strong rumor on Sunday night.

“My phone was going off the hook last night, just waiting to hear confirmation and pacing around for hours. I guess I didn’t sleep too well,” Prust said. “Then you come out here and you have to get focused and get ready to help your team get two points.

“We’re professionals and you’ve got to go about business a certain way. It was definitely a different way, but it’s done now.”

Jokinen is earning $5.25 million this season in the final year of his contract. He scored eight goals in his first six games with the Flames last season and then was held off the scoresheet in the final 13 contests.

“Eleven months ago, when I got traded here I was pretty excited,” said Jokinen, who has 248 goals and 305 assists in 854 NHL games with Los Angeles, Florida, Phoenix, Calgary and the New York Islanders. “I enjoyed my time here, and I was hoping I could stay here for the rest of my career.

“Like I say, it’s a cruel business, but that’s the way it goes. It comes with the salary. You make five million dollars, 11 goals is not going to cut it.”

Kotalik scored eight goals and set up 14 others in 45 games with the Rangers, but he was a healthy scratch for eight of the previous nine games. Kotalik, a minus-18 with New York, has two years at $3 million per season left after this season.

He was sent back to New York on Sunday during the Rangers’ three-game Western swing after being told a trade was imminent. The Rangers will conclude their trip Tuesday at Los Angeles.

Jokinen and Higgins can both become unrestricted free agents after this season, and Prust is eligible to be a restricted free agent.

“It’s sad to leave. I’m leaving all of my buddies here,” Prust said. “It’s become my home, but at the same time I’m moving forward, and looking forward to it.

“Calgary’s become my home, and I’ll always respect the city and the organization. They gave me an opportunity and this is just the business side of the game. This is the ugly side I guess you could say.”

Higgins had only six goals and eight assists in 55 games with New York. The Long Island native was the main player acquired by the Rangers in the deal that sent Scott Gomez(notes) to Montreal last June.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

“You’ve got to play hard every time you go on the ice, no matter what kind of distractions you have going on,” Jokinen said. “You play for that sweater— the logo on the front of you—so long as they haven’t told you you’re not part of the team.”

An Original 6 Logo, Ollie.
    Wear it proudly and play magnificently.
    platessmall.jpg
    # 12 Olli Jokinen 6' 3" 215 ///Dec 5, 1978 31 Kuopio, FIN

# 8 Brandon Prust 5' 11" 195 ///Mar 16, 1984 25 London, ON, CAN
    platessmall.jpg
    i know the pp sucks but you cant put 5 forwards on the ice :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    whoopie! jokinen on the ice for both of la's goals.

it's starting to become funny at this point that literally gaborik is the only ranger that can find the back of the net.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

it's starting to become funny at this point that literally gaborik is the only ranger that can find the back of the net.
    Well he was a disappointment in CGY so it's best to hope for the best and expect the worst. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised, although as a non-Rangers fan I hope for the worst ;)

i think we owe him more than 60 minutes to prove himself,
    Maybe a game or two as a Ranger, at home, at the Garden.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Rygar wrote:

Well he was a disappointment in CGY so it's best to hope for the best and expect the worst. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised, although as a non-Rangers fan I hope for the worst ;)
    he's on pace for his worst season ever. He's been a disappointment everywhere he's gone.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3 ... kinen.html
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I am sickened by this team right now. This might be the year when Glen is OUTTA THERE
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    word on the st. is kovalchuk might be coming to town by friday

whoever gets him is gonna get raped
  • Are the rumors of St. Louis still going? With Jokinen I doubt it would happen from a cap standpoint and with Tampa fighting for a spot, but I wouldn't mind it.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    anyone joining me for the debacle tonight? :o:o
    Are the rumors of St. Louis still going? With Jokinen I doubt it would happen from a cap standpoint and with Tampa fighting for a spot, but I wouldn't mind it.
    Martin St Louis ?

He's a Ranger killer !
    platessmall.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The blueshirts are holding their own against the Capitals 2-1 lets see if it can hold up after the 1st.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

The Captain Ovechkin does it again with an amazing asist, he's playing on a whole other level 2-2

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Ovechkin is the master as he scores his 499th point 3-2.

Peace

Two quick powerplay goals and the blueshirts lead 4-3 nice rally.

Peace

Totally amazing as the GRE8T Ovechkin scores #500 point on a one hander. oh the Rangers lead 5-4.

Peace

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    g under p wrote:
    Totally amazing as the GRE8T Ovechkin scores #500 point on a one hander. oh the Rangers lead 5-4.

Peace

lucky shot
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

lucky shot

It counts is ALL that matters, 6-5 Capitals

Peace

g under p wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

lucky shot

It counts is ALL that matters, 6-5 Capitals

Peace

yea we need those though. the post to post. had it been Ovechkin would've found a way to get passed the line before hitting the other post.
    I miss igotid88
    i came within inches of knocking out a drunk caps fan

great game (unless your're an nyr fan )

how the devils pull these things off is beyond me :roll:
    our offense wakes up, but they still manage to lose.

this team is destined to go no where. case in point: redden's post to post. those go in for teams that deserve it.
    our offense wakes up, but they still manage to lose.

this team is destined to go no where. case in point: redden's post to post. those go in for teams that deserve it.

i was right along that goal line and couldn't believe my eyes :shock:

kinda looked like this :shock:

yeah, but like it or not, they have a world class GM.

he makes things happen... good things. unlike our guy.

yeah, but like it or not, they have a world class GM.

he makes things happen... good things. unlike our guy.

best in the game when you factor in every aspect

even if they don't sign him its still a great trade
    Olie may have been the catalyst for our recent scoring binge,
    but he comitted 3 penalities
    putting us shorthanded
    against the mighty Wash Cap machine .

Hopefully we can pull out a " W " in the battle of the Hudson tonight.

That last game against NJ ( i attended )
    there were 96 shots between the 2 teams,
    and we lost in a shootout ( 2-1 ) because Henrik couldnt stop Elias .
    platessmall.jpg
    3 goals in 2:39.
    I miss igotid88
    Henrik, Henrik, Henrik!!!
    I miss igotid88