B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    oh well, we got sharkbitten.

can win'em all, i guess.

whats happening with higgins >?

"Chris Higgins, demoted to the third line, took a holding penalty followed by a high sticking call to Wade Redden."

in a romping such as this im sure we could find errors with everyone, but higgins has been steadily declining .
    he's a no show .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Interesting story ,
    even tho all of the focus
    here in NYC is on
    ( and should be )
    The New York Yankees , .......

The " new " " Delta " New York Rangers ?
    http://blueshirtbulletin.com/ibot/modul ... news_id=39
    The new Delta Arena ?
    In a unique meeting of major corporations, Delta Airlines has become the official airline of Madison Square Garden. The long-term deal will extend into all of Madison Square Garden's entities, including the new Garden that is planned through renovation.

As a current sponsor of the Garden, Delta, the world's largest airline, will extend that sponsorship into MSG's other ventures.

Throughout Madison Square Garden venues such as Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon Theater, Delta will have designated custom spaces to continue promoting the relationship.

Delta has made other initiatives in hopes of becoming the official carrier of New York City, including partnering with the Major League Baseball earlier this year.

For fans, Delta will have a greater visibility at the Garden including promotional opportunities for special events, tickets, and experiences.

To help bring this partnership to life, Knicks legend Willis Reed and the New York Rangers' Mark Messier have become the forefront figures along with several of Delta's staff and pilots.

The full release is below:

DELTA LANDS AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

DELTA BECOMES OFFICIAL AIRLINE OF MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, SOLIDIFYING THE AIRLINE’S COMMITMENT TO NEW YORK

Agreement Includes All Madison Square Garden Properties – Iconic Venues, Professional Sports Teams, Television Networks, Websites – Along with a Custom Branded Presence in the Renovated Madison Square Garden

New York, NY, October 20, 2009 – Madison Square Garden and Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) announced today a new long term multi-year agreement bringing together the world’s largest airline and the world’s most famous arena. Delta, New York City’s largest and fastest growing carrier, is solidifying its commitment to the city by becoming the Official Airline of Madison Square Garden (MSG) and the first “Signature Partner” with a custom-branded presence in the renovated Garden and a significant presence across all MSG properties, including its iconic venues, professional sports teams, television networks and collection of websites.

“Delta’s new relationship with Madison Square Garden allows us to continue supporting venues, events and organizations that make New York the capital of the world, especially at a time when Delta is committed to being the preferred airline for New Yorkers,” said Gail Grimmett, senior vice president- New York for Delta Air Lines. “Delta is honored to be the Official Airline of MSG and all its venues – including the renovated Garden -- as we become part of the pulse of New York City.”

“We are delighted to welcome Delta into the Madison Square Garden family as the new Official Airline across all of our divisions, and the first marketing partner tied to the upcoming Garden renovation,” said Hank Ratner, vice chairman, Madison Square Garden. “This is an exciting time to be a part of Madison Square Garden, and we will look to align with partners like Delta that share our vision for delivering great experiences and service to our fans and customers.”

Scott O’Neil, president, MSG Sports added: “This historic relationship was a perfect match bringing together the world’s largest airline and the world’s most famous arena. We look forward to helping Delta establish an even greater presence in New York by becoming the official airline of our professional sports teams -- the Knicks, Rangers and Liberty -- and our iconic venues including Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon Theatre.”

This agreement offers Delta a highly visible presence across MSG mediums, properties and teams, establishing unparalleled exposure in New York and beyond. In addition to being the Official Airline of MSG’s professional sports teams and iconic venues, Delta will be an official partner of College

Basketball and the Concert Series at MSG, and have an integrated presence on MSG network and across the Garden’s collection of websites, blogs and social networks. The signature element will be a custom Delta-branded space at all of Madison Square Garden’s iconic sports and entertainment venues in the country, including Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, the WaMu Theater at MSG and the Beacon Theatre in New York City, as well as The Chicago Theatre and the Wang Theatre in Boston. In the newly renovated Garden, a Delta themed Event Level Club will be the signature space that redefines access and includes a view of players as they walk onto the court/ice, specialized menus, and world-class amenities.

Delta’s new relationship with MSG is the final piece in a series of strategic initiatives designed to make Delta New York’s preferred carrier. The airline’s New York strategy includes recently announced plans to create a domestic hub at LaGuardia along with major investments across the tri-state region, boosting Delta’s economic impact to more than $13 billion annually. In addition to adding more than 30 new international routes at JFK, Delta has created more than 2,000 jobs across the state, invested heavily in New York community events, significant sponsorships and advertising, and completed more than $70 million in facility upgrades at JFK’s Terminals 2 and 3.

This year, Delta also became the Official Airline of New York Baseball with its sponsorship of the New York Mets and the New York Yankees, with Delta Sky360 hospitality venues at both Citi Field and Yankee Stadium. Delta also sponsors the New York City Wine & Food Festival, as well as the Tribeca Film Festival – two preeminent events that have become synonymous with the city. Additionally, Delta also recently established relationships with Food Bank For New York City, one of the nation’s largest food banks and the city's major provider of food to New Yorkers in need, as well as New Yorkers for Children, a non-profit agency established to supplement the foster care system through college scholarships, tutoring programs, mentoring, and networking opportunities.

For MSG, this agreement is part of a new marketing partnership strategy working with companies to weave their brand into the Garden experience while extending the connection to fans and consumers through an integrated platform that touches MSG’s unparalleled assets including sports, music and entertainment. Under this new strategy, Delta is MSG’s first “Signature Partner,” which will include a select group who share MSG’s vision. In addition to a presence across MSG’s properties, “Signature Partners” will have a significant presence in the renovated Garden. The MSG renovation will be a comprehensive, top-to-bottom transformation of the interior of the building that will enhance the experience for customers, athletes, entertainers, fans and partners. MSG is paying for the renovation itself and it will generate thousands of construction jobs. The lower bowl of the arena is expected to be ready for the 2011-2012 seasons, and the upper bowl for the 2012-2013 seasons.

MSG’s lineup of iconic New York City venues hosts more than 800 events annually, reaching over six million people. The four venues account for 84% of all concert tickets sold in the NYC metropolitan area each year, with Madison Square Garden alone accounting for 50%. In addition to top music and entertainment acts, each year MSG hosts over 160 live sports events. MSG’s footprint reaches outside of New York with the historic Chicago Theatre and the Wang Theatre in Boston. Additional regional and national reach is secured through MSG Media, including our networks MSG and MSG Plus, and MSG’s collection of websites, social networks and blogs.

To celebrate this new partnership, Delta and MSG will be launching a promotion offering fans the opportunity to win great seats at Madison Square Garden venues and on Delta flights in the upcoming months. Brand ambassadors will be around New York City and at Delta’s local terminals through Saturday, October 24th handing out scratch and win boarding passes. For additional information on the partnership and promotions, please go to MSG.com/delta.

About Madison Square Garden

Madison Square Garden, L.P. is owned by Cablevision Systems Corporation and includes the New York Knicks (NBA); the New York Rangers (NHL); the New York Liberty (WNBA); the Hartford Wolf Pack (American Hockey League); MSG Entertainment, which includes concerts and events at Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden, The WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, the legendary Chicago Theatre, as well as an exclusive co-booking agreement with the venerable Wang Theatre in Boston, and which manages wholly- owned live entertainment properties including the Radio City Rockettes and the Radio City Christmas Spectacular; MSG Media, which is comprised of television networks MSG and MSG Plus, MSG Interactive, which oversees all company wireless and online initiatives, and Fuse, the only national music television network; and the Madison Square Garden arena complex, located in the heart of the New York metropolitan area.

Delta Air Lines is the world’s largest airline. From its hubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis- St. Paul, New York-JFK, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita, Delta, its NWA subsidiary and Delta Connection carriers offer service to more than 376 destinations worldwide in 66 countries and serve more than 170 million passengers each year. Delta’s marketing alliances allow customers to earn and redeem either SkyMiles or WorldPerks on more than 16,000 daily flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta and its 75,000 worldwide employees are reshaping the aviation industry as the only U.S. airline to offer a full global network. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and flight status at delta.com.
    platessmall.jpg
    grrrrrr

deviled !
    platessmall.jpg
  • From the looks and descriptions of it, it looks like the sloppy play that permeated in victories over sub-par opposing has continued against teams you can't afford to make a lot of errors against. Of course I haven't seen much of this first-hand.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    From the looks and descriptions of it, it looks like the sloppy play that permeated in victories over sub-par opposing has continued against teams you can't afford to make a lot of errors against. Of course I haven't seen much of this first-hand.

Last night Parise was more pesty than usual.
    I believe he had 2 in the twine last night, 1 of which came in the first few minutes. They jumped all over Henrik in the opening minutes.
    That, and of course them having Brodeur, seemed to all add to it .

Oh well.

A roadtrip out West soon will test this team .
    platessmall.jpg
  • An amazing thing is that Lundqvist had never lost to Brodeur in regulation until last night. I think it had been 11 games.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    no yankees so watching the opening to the game against montreal ' tonight

it was wild and crazy seeing gomez over there,

hope he doesnt scorch us tonight.
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    what is it about Montreal that we can't keep big leads.
    I miss igotid88
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    igotid88 wrote:
    I dunno but it works for me. Habs 3 good games in a row after 6 awful games in a row...
    2 assists for Gomez, hat trick for Cammalleri.
    Rygar wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    I dunno but it works for me. Habs 3 good games in a row after 6 awful games in a row...
    2 assists for Gomez, hat trick for Cammalleri.

Habs are / were formidable opponents, thats for sure.

I was taken aback seeing Gomez over there,
    ( yeah even tho his time here was brief and in all reality, he'll aways be a Devil )
    but I really felt it when I saw Mara interviewed in the lockerrooms,
    this guy was always a good guy
    He even took less money to stay here in NY for his last contract extension, from what I remember.
    He also was good friends with Staal, and they went into that a bit .
    Good guy, we miss him .

Gaborik still has the ability to silence any crowd on the road. He had that place quiet and worried every time he was out on the ice- and especially after that sweet goal where he twisted and turned thru 3 or 4 of the defenders, and tapped it off with a nifty use of his hands to score that goal. That was place was DEAD after that , alltho wwe eventually allowed them to get back up and take control .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Habs are / were formidable opponents, thats for sure.

I was taken aback seeing Gomez over there,
    ( yeah even tho his time here was brief and in all reality, he'll aways be a Devil )
    but I really felt it when I saw Mara interviewed in the lockerrooms,
    this guy was always a good guy
    He even took less money to stay here in NY for his last contract extension, from what I remember.
    He also was good friends with Staal, and they went into that a bit .
    Good guy, we miss him .

Gaborik still has the ability to silence any crowd on the road. He had that place quiet and worried every time he was out on the ice- and especially after that sweet goal where he twisted and turned thru 3 or 4 of the defenders, and tapped it off with a nifty use of his hands to score that goal. That was place was DEAD after that , alltho wwe eventually allowed them to get back up and take control .
    Last few games have been really good for Mara, and there's been obvious effort from Gomez in every game he's played.
    That said the Montreal defense has had quite a few giveaways and gaffes, and I was worried every time the Rags were cycling the puck in our zone. If you guys had played Montreal three or four games ago, you would have destroyed us easily.
    Someone tell Higgy to get a hair cut. Too bad he's in a slump, always liked him, but that's how he is, up and down, up and down.
    If Gaborik can stay healthy he'll pay off big time for you. Was Del Zotto in the line up last night? Quiet game from him, I thought.
    Rygar wrote:
    [Someone tell Higgy to get a hair cut. Too bad he's in a slump, always liked him, but that's how he is, up and down, up and down.

He's definitely in a funk. He's likely gripping his stick too hard right now
    I dont know much about him aside from that he is a local boy,
    you'd think being back against his previous team would ignite him somehow,
    guess it only worked for Gomez last night.
    platessmall.jpg
    I missed the entire game last night,

was wondering how well, if at all, Petr Prucha was received in his return to MSG last night. ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i missed the first period, so i dont know what kind of response prucha got from the crowd initially, but throughout the game whenever he touched the puck, he was getting his "pruuuuuuu."

i for one wish he was still on the team. i don't like how renney really kind of ran him out of town.

lets keep our fingers crossed with gaborik......
    i missed the first period, so i dont know what kind of response prucha got from the crowd initially, but throughout the game whenever he touched the puck, he was getting his "pruuuuuuu."

i for one wish he was still on the team. i don't like how renney really kind of ran him out of town.

lets keep our fingers crossed with gaborik......
    When I heard Gaborik was injured I was completely unsurprised, but they're saying it's unrelated to a previous injury (just the shot block) so he might be fine.
    from what i have heard
    Enver Lisin got the better of ex Ranger ( the guy he was essetially traded for )
    Korpikowski... with the late goal to make things comfortable again.
    platessmall.jpg
    oh and WFAN is reporting on the 20-20 that Henrik was in a fender bender this morning.
    Apparently he hit a guard rail in the rain .
    :shock:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh and WFAN is reporting on the 20-20 that Henrik was in a fender bender this morning.
    Apparently he hit a guard rail in the rain .

he's the king. why isn't someone else driving him around?
    3-1 to the Icelanders ?

Gaborik is already injured?

Pfffft
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    3-1 to the Icelanders ?

Gaborik is already injured?

Pfffft
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RAG$ SUCK

LETS GO ISLANDERS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

1-0 snoozefest at Tha Garden last night.

Of course nobody probably even noticed with a Sunday night 8 pm Startt time, and going up straight against The Yankees and The World Series.

One thing is dreadfully obivious, the Boston Bruins are nowhere near the same team they were even just last year.
    Whats happened up there ?
    Tim Thomas is still as good a goaltender as there is out there in the NHL .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

Of course nobody probably even noticed with a Sunday night 8 pm Startt time, and going up straight against The Yankees and The World Series.

One thing is dreadfully obivious, the Boston Bruins are nowhere near the same team they were even just last year.

I'm sure plenty of people flipped it on during commercials of the Giants and Jets game since it was a 1:00 start.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I'm sure plenty of people flipped it on during commercials of the Giants and Jets game since it was a 1:00 start.

oh so what i was watching was actually a rewind. got it now .

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • bet that rewind killed the World Series in the ratings....
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Ha Ha not !
    platessmall.jpg
    Vancouver stop tonight.
    West Coast games on east coast time are rough- especially midweek.

Thank god no Yankees tonight, maybe i'll get an eyeball on this one !
    platessmall.jpg
  • nice play that higgins scored his first goal, but otherwise a clunker of a game.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    and those 2 minutes where pandamonium broke out on the ice also-
    and of course avery is in the middle of it all-
    yelling across the benches at o'niel and getting speared with a stick .

all those PPs and we couldnt capitalize.
    platessmall.jpg
    regardless of the skid our Blueshirts are presently
    encountering ( out west right now ),

and lost in all the world series and pearl jam hysteria ,

congratulations are in order for Del Zotto
    who was named rookie of the month last month.
    He's done everything right and really stood out .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    regardless of the skid our Blueshirts are presently
    encountering ( out west right now ),

and lost in all the world series and pearl jam hysteria ,

congratulations are in order for Del Zotto
    who was named rookie of the month last month.
    He's done everything right and really stood out .

just read that blerb about del zotto. well deserved.. def. has been an early stand out on the blueline.

i'm gonna let the world series sink in for a bit, then all aboard for the rangers!