B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Valli tonight against Canes, Henrik tomorrow against the Pittsburgh Pigeons.
    it appears that Petr Prucha and Lauri Korpikoski will be back on the ice at the Garden tomorrow, with Aaron Voros and Dan Fritsche headed back to the press box.

- _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ -
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Korpi in, Prucha out. Voros will play.
    Fritsche placed on waivers today.

wtf play petr prucha already.
    platessmall.jpg
  • nice game today, best statement on the rangers commitment comes from valiquette when he says the following:

“We all went different directions, but we all worked out every day and we got prepared,” We didn’t just sit around in a lawn chair or a hammock and drink beer. That would’ve been counterproductive.

“We’re pros, and times have changed. The postgame hydration isn’t a Bud Light. “Everybody is very serious about the way they carry themselves. That showed tonight because we came back and were ready to play.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • JK8495JK8495 Posts: 101
    real good game last night :D
    Is Kid Syd playing tonight ?
    His knee is screwed up, i hope he plays so Callahan , Staal or Dubinsky can hit the shit out of him,...
    platessmall.jpg
    he is questionable
    JK8495 wrote:
    he is questionable

yeah i know it
    buyt is he playing tonight ?

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    JK8495 wrote:
    he is questionable

yeah i know it
    buyt is he playing tonight ?

:lol:

oh bathy you funny guy :mrgreen:
    tinkering ,...
    http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app?article ... rvice=page

Reitz_E_0129_minn2.jpg

Rangers obtain Reitz from Wild Fritsche traded to Minnesota for 26-year-old defenseman New York Rangers Jan 29, 2009, 1:34 PM EST New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired defenseman Erik Reitz from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for forward Dan Fritsche.

Defenseman Erik Reitz had found a full-time NHL roster spot with the Wild this season. He wore No. 2 in Minnesota but will wear No. 4 for the Blueshirts.

Reitz, 26, has appeared in 31 games with Minnesota this season, registering one goal and one assist for two points, along with 41 penalty minutes. He was tied for fourth among Minnesota defensemen in goals (one), and tied for third on the club overall in penalty minutes (41). Reitz also ranked second on the Wild with 58 hits. He notched his first NHL point with a goal on November 15 vs. Columbus. He also tallied his first career assist on November 22 vs. St. Louis.

The 6-2, 215-pounder has appeared in 37 career regular season contests with Minnesota, recording one goal and one assist for two points, along with 45 penalty minutes. He made his NHL debut on April 7, 2006, at Calgary.

Reitz has also skated in two career post-season contests with Minnesota. In 363 career AHL games with the Houston Aeros, he registered 35 goals and 118 assists for 153 points, along with 721 penalty minutes. He established an AHL career-high with 26 assists and tied his AHL career-high with 34 points in 49 games last season. He also set his AHL career-high with nine goals during the 2006-07 season.

Reitz was named the Ontario Hockey League’s Outstanding Defenseman and an OHL All-Star First Team in 2002 as a member of the Barrie Colts. Additionally, he was named to the Memorial Cup Tournament All-Star Team in 2000. Internationally, he represented Team USA in the 2002 IIHF World Junior Championships, collecting one assist and 12 penalty minutes in seven games.

The Detroit, Michigan native was originally Minnesota’s sixth round choice, 170th overall, in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

Fritsche, 22, appeared in 16 games with the Rangers this season, collecting one goal and three assists for four points, along with two penalty minutes after being acquired from the Columbus Blue Jackets on July 2, 2008, along with Nikolai Zherdev, in exchange for Fedor Tyutin and Christian Backman.
    platessmall.jpg
    The Mighty Bumble - B's this afternoon matinee,

Lets Go Rangers

nice piece in todays NY Post:

4 more numbers ( some already hanging in the Garden )
    that outta be hanged in tribute ceremonies as well:

The Rangers' No. 9 is being retired in honor of both Adam Graves and Andy Bathgate this month. The ceremony for Graves will take place Tuesday before the game against the Thrashers. The ceremony for Bathgate will take place before the Feb. 22 game against the Maple Leafs, marking the 45th anniversary of the trade that sent him to Toronto. The Rangers also will retire No. 3 in honor of Harry Howell on the same day.

There are two other numbers already retired that qualify for a second honoree of a prior generation of Rangers. (Emile Francis' generation of Rangers.) And while not wishing to turn the Garden's distinctive ceiling into a densely populated zone resembling Monument Park, we would suggest there are four more players and two more numbers worthy of joining the franchise's honor roll.

No. 2: Rightfully originally retired last season in honor of Brian Leetch, the greatest career Ranger of them all, the number is at the same time synonymous with the great Brad Park, who played in the late 1960s and early '70s. Park may have played just 465 games in a little more than seven seasons as a Ranger, while he played 501 games over nearly eight seasons for the Bruins, but he was a first-team All-Star three times and a second-team All-Star twice as a Blueshirt.

No. 4: Ron Greschner wore No. 4 for 16 years from 1974-90 for the Rangers, the only team for which he ever played. Fourth in franchise history with 982 games played, seventh in scoring and second to Leetch among defensemen with 610 points (179-431), Greschner always represented the Rangers with dignity through an era during which that could at times be a challenge.

No. 11: Of course, it belongs to Mark Messier, and for a lifetime. But the number previously was worn proudly by another Rangers captain, Vic Hadfield. Hadfield not only became the first player in franchise history to score 50 goals with his 50 in 1971-72 (and sixth in NHL history following Rocket Richard, Boom-Boom Geoffrion, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito and Johnny Bucyk), but was a critical force in the Rangers' late-60s revival under Emile Francis.

No. 19: Prepare to take the shirt off your back, Scott Gomez. No Ranger ever was more distinguished or respected than the great Jean Ratelle, the center of the GAG Line, the linchpin between Hadfield and Rod Gilbert. He is the Rangers' Jean Beliveau, and every Rangers fan knows that the broken ankle Ratelle suffered in Game 63 of the 1971-72 season is the only reason the Stanley Cup drought did not end at 32 that year.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:larry.brooks@nypost.com">larry.brooks@nypost.com</a><!-- e -->
    platessmall.jpg
    who else is goinbg to Graves night tomorrow night ?

Ill be there !
    platessmall.jpg
    The shame of it is that the Rangers played an excellent road game against the team that now holds the best record in the league. If they didn't get many scoring chances until the Bruins scored their lone marker, they also kept their hosts' chances to a minimum -- which would have been even less if not for Wade Redden's dreadful performance on a night when everyone else was pretty darn good, at least in their own end. And that lone goal required three unlikely bounces to reach completion -- three bounces and one Ranger shying away from a hit. Nigel Dawes had an easy clear with less than half a minute to play in the period but the puck took a slightly weird bounce off the boards that forced him to turn around. And when he turned, there was 6'4, 220-pound Milan Lucic looking for his 162nd hit of the season.

Meanwhile, as that was happening, Chris Drury was knocking the stick out of Michal Rozsival's hands while he skated up the middle looking for a breakout pass that was never going to reach him. Rozsival took a step toward retrieving his stick when he realized the puck was turned over and that Marc Savard was all alone in front. And that still wasn't enough to create a goal. It took a deft deflection of a chest high shot to get that puck past Henrik Lundqvist (who had an excellent bounce-back game after his third period meltdown in Pittsburgh). And even so, it only just barely got under him. You gotta give the Bruins credit -- Lucic's hit on Dawes was a proactive play that forced a turnover and Savard's deflection was a tough one to execute. But even so, without one weird bounce and Drury running into Rozsival, there is no play for them to make.

And even so, if that goal doesn't go in, we're looking at 0-0, because it's not as if the Rangers were ever going to score a goal. Markus Naslund broke an eight game drought in the win over Anaheim, but he finished January with just one goal in twelve games. Nikolai Zherdev broke a thirteen game goalless streak in Pittsburgh, but he finished January with just one goal in twelve games. Drury had a thirteen game stretch from mid-December to mid-January where he scored seven goals and seven assists, but he is now pointless in his last five games. Ryan Callahan has now gone eight games without a goal and has just one in his last twelve. Dawes has just one goal in his last ten, none in his last six. Aaron Voros hasn't scored a goal since Thanksgiving but he skated instead of Petr Prucha, who is goalless in his last eight.

Redden, in case you've lost count, has now gone 47 games without a goal and had just one assist in January. Dan Girardi has just one goal and one assist in his last 37 games, not that you can blame him for focusing on playing defense with Redden as his partner. And yet, miraculously, this was the first time in eight weeks that the Rangers lost consecutive games in regulation. They won six games in January despite scoring only eight even strength goals in those games. On the other hand, they lost two games in which they held their opponent to just one goal, three games in which they allowed a total of just four goals. Imagine that -- going 0-2-1 in three games in which your goalies allow an average of 1.33 goals. In your face, Tom Renney -- that's why Julien chose Tuuka Rask to start today, and that's why Rask registered is first career shutout.
    platessmall.jpg
  • from today's NY POST:

THEY and we are honoring a role model at the Garden tonight, honoring a superior Ranger who was and is a greater New Yorker than he was a hockey player, honoring Adam Graves for who he is as an individual, and not merely what he was on the ice.

He embodies all the qualities we wish for our children to inherit; generous, selfless and genuine. He is the friend you'd trust with your life.

They're honoring the man every bit as much as the 1994 Stanley Cup champion in raising No. 9 to the rafters before tonight's game against the Thrashers. They're honoring one of the most beloved professional athletes to ever represent New York.

The goals he scored, the battles he waged, the checks he threw and the leadership he provided cannot be minimized. But Graves' greatest impact in his 10 years as a Ranger came off the ice in the community he adopted, the charitable causes he embraced and the children he helped empower.

For Graves, it is about the children, not as a tag line, but as a way of life he lived as a child himself, when his father Henry, a cop on the beat in Toronto, and his mother Lynda, took in up to 40 kids who needed love and who needed a home. It's about the way of life Graves lives now with his wife Violet and three children to raise.

"In many ways this is a tribute to my dad, who as many of you know is no longer with us, but is very much here," Graves said yesterday at a Garden press event. "I was lucky, I learned from my dad and my parents that everything was about family, that you sacrifice for each other, and that you wake up every day with a smile on your face.

"For myself, now with a 13-year-old, nine-year-old and eight-year-old, there is no greater joy than seeing my kids smile. It should be no different for anyone."

Graves will be the final member of the 1994 Stanley Cup champions to have his number retired, joining Mike Richter (35), Mark Messier (11) and Brian Leetch (2). His number will hang tonight beside theirs as well as the banners for Ed Giacomin (1) and Rod Gilbert (7). On Feb. 22, he'll be joined in the circle of Ranger immortality by Andy Bathgate (also No. 9) and Harry Howell (3), when they are recognized by the organization.

"I feel a great weight and very humbled," Graves said. "I can feel the weight in my chest, and it's only grown as this night has come closer.

"It will be an opportunity for me to say thank you to everyone for allowing me to be part of New York, this jersey and this tradition. I always looked at [being a Ranger] as a privilege and I always will. This is beyond anything I could ever have imagined."

We celebrate our athletes primarily because of the home runs they hit, the touchdowns they score, the plays they make and the championships they win for the home team. Their impact is both confined and fleeting.

But we celebrate Graves for the man that he is, the lives he has enhanced, the enduring impact he has carved in New York.

And the smiles he has put on the faces of our children.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    with the C on his sweater.

a_graves.jpg
  • I assume he wore that in games that Messier missed due to injury?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    I assume he wore that in games that Messier missed due to injury?

that had to be when messier was in vancouver. b/c when messier was injured, leetch usually wore the C. so i assume, messier was in vancouver, and leetch was injured.
    # 9

anyone else attending tonight?
    Ill be in sec 102 row A .
    platessmall.jpg
    i'm banking in on snagging my company's seats tonight. just have to wait until 4:30 to find out! clock is ticking!!!
  • i'm bummed that i'm away at school and wont be able to catch the game but my dad is dvr'ing it for me thankfully. what a great man the gravy train is.

and as for the "C" it may have been during an exhibition game
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • The ceremony was great. The game makes me want to vomit, especially those two botched 2-on-1s. At least it's a point, but this was a bad one.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    nothing like getting shut out for 59 minutes against a team ranked 14th in the conference.

bathy... i think i saw you on TV a few times during the ceremonies... recognized you from your avitar! were you wearing the same bucket hat last night?
    I was there last night.The entire night was electric.
    This was a little different from the 3 ceremonies that preceeded this one last night.
    Having the oldtimers there as well as Adams' contemporaries was nice also .

It was wierd and awkward seeing the cast of the Sopranos come out on the ice ( and sit on the visitors bench )
    It was definitely a bunch of familiar faces , but in an extreme out of place setting.

I would have to mention my favorie part was the gift of the hand signed Bruce Springsteen guitar , as well as playing Jungleland at 1 point or another
    ( * it weas super spliced - " The Rangers had a homecoming ......." blasted throughout the arena, as they presented the beautiful gift-ar out to Adam )
    As well at the final curtaincall of all 4 of the present day 1994 teamers whos # now adorn the big round cieling at MSG, while Bruces Blood Brothers resonated throughout the Sold Out House.
    Couldnt have been more appropriate for a guy that has done so much and continues to do so much for the city and the community .
    ( There were dozens of wheelchair bound kids, Hockey in Harlem kids, charities,. ect a regular routine with Adam )

The game itself was difficult to watch .
    Too many passes.
    Not enough shooting.
    Anisimov was uneventful and that new Reitz jumped right into into it by taking on that uncalled 3rd man in on Atlanta.

I got dozens of photos , the best of which i will share here after i get them sorted out.
    platessmall.jpg
    nothing like getting shut out for 59 minutes against a team ranked 14th in the conference.

bathy... i think i saw you on TV a few times during the ceremonies... recognized you from your avitar! were you wearing the same bucket hat last night?

Yes !
    I was wearing the hat in my avatar, with a Blue Laceneck Bathgate # 9 on .
    I was in sec 102 row A seat 1-2-3-4 .
    I was down below the press corp ( i lokked for xman but no luck )
    I was on the goall line pretty much at the turn ,
    platessmall.jpg
  • Where I sit is above section 335 next to the other radio reporters and scouts. I did try to walk over to 102 before the ceremony but it was too crowded.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • FYI - the Feb. 15 game against the Flyers has been moved from 3:00 PM to 12:30.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Best Rangers night for me ever.

The crowd was incredible, when he walked out he was shook holding his heart.

I remember this day like it was yesterday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/b ... 01d6a2.jpg
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    his entrance was incredible. having all of those fans lined up in the tunnel was very touching & very fitting. i think he hugged every kid he saw in a wheelchair on his way onto the ice.

agree the sopranos were completely out of place, that was a little odd. the bruce guitar was cool, but i still think he got shafted on the gifts!

richter made out the best... he got a boat! 8-)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    very very well done. always respected gravy. god damn did matteau get old and fast.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• his entrance was incredible. having all of those fans lined up in the tunnel was very touching & very fitting. i think he hugged every kid he saw in a wheelchair on his way onto the ice.

agree the sopranos were completely out of place, that was a little odd. the bruce guitar was cool, but i still think he got shafted on the gifts!

richter made out the best... he got a boat! 8-)

so did the fans, couldn't van zandt pull some strings and get bruce to show up...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024