B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    eh, typical NYR game.

i like the redden/rosival pairing. puts more pressure on them to do well and play smart.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rangers Show Torts Exactly What He's In For
    John Tortorella should consider himself lucky. In his first game as Ranger coach, he got to see who his Rangers really are, not an illusion of the type that sometimes accompanies a coaching change. Now he knows what he's up against -- a team that can skate circles around the opposition, but not for sixty minutes, and with paltry results. He got to see the team we've seen all season, one that can go one period without many meaningful scoring chances, a second period without being able to finish enough of their many meaningful scoring chances, and a third period in which they apparently are so full of themselves after two good periods that they sit back and blow the lead.

Read the rest of our report on what the Rangers showed their new coach in his first game, as well as access today's extensive set of media links, at Blueshirt Bulletin+ -- click here if you subscribe to Blueshirt Bulletin and have registered for Blueshirt Bulletin+ access (monthly BB+ users click here). Subscribers who need help accessing BB+ should write to us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Blueshirt@mindspring.com">Blueshirt@mindspring.com</a><!-- e -->. E-mail us or click here to learn how to subscribe to the magazine and get quick access to BB+ -- you can be up and running in the time it takes to write an E-mail message if you subscribe via PayPal or credit card.

The February issue of Blueshirt Bulletin is now available in digital format via Zinio. You can read a single issue or take out an online subscription there. You can read it within your browser or you can download it and read it offline. Click here to subscribe (there is a link on that page for single copies). You can test drive the Zinio reader and read a sampling of the print edition while there. Blueshirt Bulletin+ access comes with all Zinio purchases -- single issue buyers will get access for one month from today, full year subscribers will get access for the duration of your subscription term. While Zinio handles all the logistics for taking out a subscription and delivering each copy, you must contact us directly about accessing BB+ -- E-mail your Zinio receipt to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:blueshirt@mindspring.com">blueshirt@mindspring.com</a><!-- e --> to get access instructions.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    40 shots on goal, and only 1 goal at the end ?
    give up 2 goals in a minute to a team we clearly dominated most of this game ?

new coach or not, ..our teams in trouble,..
    platessmall.jpg
    wednesday is the deadline
    what direction will our beloved Blueshirts head into?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what they need to do is fire sather. but thats not happening. i would trade gomez for a young rw and a pp defenceman. also i'd trade redden for a young player and draft picks
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what they need to do is fire sather. but thats not happening. i would trade gomez for a young rw and a pp defenceman. also i'd trade redden for a young player and draft picks

My guess is that if Sather attempts to place phone calls for Redden, the conversation will go like this:

Sather: - We're putting some of our defenseman on the market
    GM: Oh yeah? Which One?
    Sather: Redden
    GM: hangs up phone
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • metsfan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

My guess is that if Sather attempts to place phone calls for Redden, the conversation will go like this:

hahah that fake conversation made me crack up.

seriously though, i dont care what they can get for him. i just hope they can give him to some other team
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

funny but true
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Quick sign up more PIX 11 games.
    I miss igotid88
  • As much as I thought Renney was unfairly dismissed, I do like the style under Tortorella. It seems like they're moving more as opposed to being stationary, especially on the power play. It also seems like they're heading to the net and the areas in front with more frequency as four of the six goals were scored in and around the crease.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    As much as I thought Renney was unfairly dismissed, I do like the style under Tortorella. It seems like they're moving more as opposed to being stationary, especially on the power play. It also seems like they're heading to the net and the areas in front with more frequency as four of the six goals were scored in and around the crease.

i agree with this for the most part, but it was clear some time ago that renney " lost " the team.
    I also like the fact that we ve been seeing Prucha alot more since Torts took over,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    As much as I thought Renney was unfairly dismissed, I do like the style under Tortorella. It seems like they're moving more as opposed to being stationary, especially on the power play. It also seems like they're heading to the net and the areas in front with more frequency as four of the six goals were scored in and around the crease.

i agree with this for the most part, but it was clear some time ago that renney " lost " the team.
    I also like the fact that we ve been seeing Prucha alot more since Torts took over,...

I like that too, but he has played in seven of the last eight games. Maybe he's being showcased.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I see the circus is coming back to town.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    I see the circus is coming back to town.
    Confirmed.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkk
    You are right Rygar, just heard it a little while ago....Good news is this circus is now half price
    I have been so busy , I missed the chance to go see him in Hartford.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • i hope he is in rare form against the isles on thursday.
    MSG II 6/25/08
    avery back/voros waived.

nyr is 2 for 2 in my book.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    avery back/voros waived.

nyr is 2 for 2 in my book.
    hahah...not too long ago I would have said 0 for 0
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Avery is a cancer disguised as a clown...
    I'm glad the Wings got rid of him when they did.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:

i wouldn't say a cancer. during his year and a half in NY, he was close to a few of the bigger name rangers, going out to dinner with them regulary and what not. but it's obvious avery didn't have the same relationship with a certain few in the locker room, so who knows. 70/30 i'd say.

i think this time around i think the players will know what to expect and won't let him be a distraction. i am more curious how him and torts are going to mesh.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    milarso wrote:

i wouldn't say a cancer. during his year and a half in NY, he was close to a few of the bigger name rangers, going out to dinner with them regulary and what not. but it's obvious avery didn't have the same relationship with a certain few in the locker room, so who knows. 70/30 i'd say.

i think this time around i think the players will know what to expect and won't let him be a distraction. i am more curious how him and torts are going to mesh.

It just sticks out to me that he's been in the league for like nine seasons, and played for four different teams (five if you count this latest stint back in New York).
    And as far as being close to people goes, he was pretty close with Brett Hull too. We all saw how that worked out...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • interesting details on avery's rehab process:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03042009/sp ... 157964.htm
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i hope he is in rare form against the isles on thursday.

metsy- you re very quiet.

are you and DiPietro ready for Avery?

Or are all of you shitting your pants ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Rangers Go For Sloppy Seconds:

Rangers take Avery off waiversComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Bad boy Sean Avery is back with the New York Rangers.

In a move weeks in the making, the Rangers claimed the controversial forward off re-entry waivers from the Dallas Stars on Tuesday.

New York is set to give Avery what might be his last chance to resurrect his NHL career. He could be in the lineup as soon as Thursday on the road -- against the rival New York Islanders.

"I think it'll be great," Chris Drury, the Rangers' captain, said Tuesday to Newsday. "The only two things I need to know and I think the other guys in this room need to know are: One, that he wants to be here, that he wants to be a Ranger, he loves wearing the jersey, he loves living in New York and second, he wants to win a Stanley Cup. What more could you ask for of a teammate?"

Avery spent the past month with the Rangers' Hartford AHL affiliate while remaining property of the Stars. He hasn't played in the NHL since he was suspended in December for making a crude remark about other hockey players dating his former girlfriends.

"He brings a lot of energy, he plays with passion every night. He's a really good hockey player when he focuses on the game...Whoever comes into this room is going to have to adjust to the people who are here and to the system," goalie Henrik Lundqvist said, according to Newsday. "I met him a couple weeks ago and had a good time. Sometimes he can be aggressive off-ice too, but most of the time he's a regular guy."

Avery served a six-game ban and completed treatment in a league counseling program, but the Stars made it clear he would never play for them again.

Dallas doesn't have an AHL affiliate, so the Rangers facilitated his move to Hartford. He was assigned there after all NHL teams passed on him when he went through a first set of waivers.

The Rangers will be responsible for half of the money remaining on Avery's contract, which runs through the next three seasons with a salary cap hit of more than $3.8 million a year.

Avery left the Rangers after last year's playoffs for a four-year deal worth $15.5 million with the Stars, who will pay the other half of the contract. Had a team claimed him before he went to Hartford, that club would have had to pay all of the remaining money.

Avery had three goals and seven assists in only 23 games for Dallas before being suspended by the NHL on Dec. 2 for comments he made hours before the Stars' road game against the Calgary Flames.

When he was suspended, Avery, 28, told the Stars he needed help dealing with his anger. He completed a counseling program under the auspices of the league and the NHL Players' Association before being placed on Dallas' active roster for the purpose of being waived.

In six games after being sent to Hartford on Feb. 10, the noted agitator had two goals and one assist. Avery was placed on re-entry waivers Monday.

Avery spent the previous 1½ NHL seasons with the Rangers, and gave them an instant boost when he first arrived in a trade from Los Angeles in February 2007.

The Rangers advanced to the second round of the playoffs in both seasons Avery was on the team. They posted a 50-23-13 mark when he was in the lineup and dropped to 24-35-9 when he was sidelined by injury.

Avery's first stint with New York ended following Game 3 of a second-round series against Pittsburgh last year when he was hospitalized for several days with a lacerated spleen. He then signed with the Stars in the summer.

The Rangers have changed coaches since Avery last suited up for them. Tom Renney, who got the most out of Avery, was fired as coach last week as the team went through a slide that still threatens its playoff chances.

Renney was replaced by hard-edged coach John Tortorella, who, while working for the Canadian sports television network TSN, delivered harsh criticism of Avery at the time of his suspension.

"Enough is enough," Tortorella said then. "He's embarrassed himself, he's embarrassed the [Stars'] organization, he's embarrassed the league and he's embarrassed his teammates, who have to look out for him. Send him home. He doesn't belong in the league."

When general manager Glen Sather introduced Tortorella as Rangers coach during a conference call, he said he expected Tortorella to be on board should Avery return.

"He doesn't have the history with Sean that we do," Sather said. "Over time you learn to love him, just like I do."

On Wednesday, Tortorella appeared to adopt a slightly different tone.

"We feel, especially in the division, we need a little more jam on our team. Hopefully he can kick in a couple of goals. I haven't coached Sean, I want to see what he's all about," Tortorella said, according to Newsday. "When he's concentrating on playing under a team concept, he's an effective player. That's what we're looking for. He's really tried to help himself and Glen believes in second chances. I think he's done his homework here and we'll see where it goes."

To make room for Avery on the roster and under the salary cap, the Rangers sent forward Mark Bell to Hartford on Monday.

Bell, who hasn't played a game for the Rangers, was acquired last week off waivers from Toronto. He is believed to have been insurance in case a team claimed Avery before the Rangers did.
    platessmall.jpg
    Antropov a NYR ?
    platessmall.jpg
    prucha and dawes gonners
    for DD Smith ?
    platessmall.jpg
    man i am going to miss prucha. renney ruined his career in NY.
    man i am going to miss prucha. renney ruined his career in NY.
    \

i was so close to getting a brand new white jersey with # 25 prucha .
    thank god in this instance i am a procrastinator.
    platessmall.jpg
  • not a surprise on prucha going, he had been given his most consistent run of ice time all season leading up to this and don maloney knows him and was here a few games ago.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    not a surprise on prucha going, he had been given his most consistent run of ice time all season leading up to this and don maloney knows him and was here a few games ago.

yeah, it really doesn't come as a suprise. you said it the best... the reason why he was getting all of this ice time of late is because he was being showcased.